[movie 2006] Now And Forever / 연리지 (連理枝)

Guest Azura

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dramalover

YEONLIJI filming location in Jeju Island (MBC- Section T.V.) / Translation

HERO and HEROINE of SAD LOVE: CHOI JIWOO and JO HANSUN

Here is a special couple who choose to be in love with one another, even when the heroine is facing death, nothing stands in the way.... They are having their last date.... being honest about their feelings and confessing their love to each other during their last date....

In Udo, Jeju Island, Choi JiWoo and Jo HanSun, the "Yeonliji" couple were enjoying their secret date...^^

Q: Why are you together here? Isn't this the place for secret dating?

CJW: Oh, my! I am embarrased!^^ (laughs)

Today is the last day of filming for our movie, "Yeonliji"...

Reporter: That tree over there is called "Yeonliji Tree", which was specially designed and created for this movie....

Q: What is JHS's attractive quality? (asking JW)

CJW: ....His sharp and high nose? ^^...Jawline? ^^ (laughs)

Q: What is CJW's attractive quality? (asking HS)

JHS: ...Her lips? ^^ (both HS and JW laughs, JW hitting him....)

Because of the strong, gusty wind especially that day in Udo, Jeju Island, unpredictably switching from windy, sunny then rainy, the filming procedure was a very difficult one, which resulted in numerous unwanted NGs... Here, they are trying to have their last dating scene, but they can hardly open their eyes due to the strong wind, even the weather seemed to be envious of these lovers by not cooperating...

Q: Aren't you glad to see me here in Jejudo?

CJW: We are alright, but you sure look so tired...^^(laughs)

Reporter: Because it is so windy and rainy that just by watching and waiting around, it makes me so tired....^^

CJW: Didn't you get blown away by the wind? ^^

Reporter: I was holding on to the trees as tight as possible...^^ (everyone laughs)

Q: Please tell me briefly about your character!

JHS: I am Lee MinSoo. I have all the luxuries in life, many things to enjoy life....but always thirsts and hungers for true love. After meeting HyeWon, I experience true love for the first time and learns the preciousness and importance of life itself....

CJW: Even though, I am terminally ill and supposed to be hospitalized, I lead MinSoo in our relationship....There are many cute, "lovey-dovey" and heart-warming scenes in the beginning part of this movie..^^

HyeWon, terminally ill woman meets the last love of her life and MinSu, who never believed in love finds the first love of his life!!.....

Under the "Yeonliji Tree", the couple were whispering and confessing their love...true and honest feelings about each other for the first time....

(In the scene when JW & HS crying...) HyeWon cries by saying "I want to live more..and more...

that's why I told you that we should only be friends?"..... (tears... ㅠ ㅠ)

Q: I know that in real life, you are really healthy, but you portrayed many roles that were ill.

In Beautiful Days(2002), you had leukemia....in Stairway to Heaven (2003), you had eye cancer...and now you are playing a terminally ill character again in "Yeonliji".

CJW: But in the movies, I've never played that kind of roles... it is my first time doing a "mellow dramatic" movie.

Q: From what I know about JHS, you seem to be tough and are a great soccer player and seem to be far from being humorous!?^^

JHS: I tried to say humorus things, but people don't laugh at my jokes...^^(laughs)

CJW: Actually, he is so fun to be around and is witty. He even dances well....for me! ^^

JHS: ...when JiWoo nuna is really tired and I just try to cheer her up!^^

Q: Since it is a mellow movie, there must be some "love scenes"?^^

CJW: What do you want to see? Kiss scenes or bed scenes? ^^ There are both in the movie! ^^

Reporter: That's the best part I like!! ^^ (everyone laughs)

CJW: I will do my best till the last part of filming and I will greet you by bringing a great project!

JHS: I will also do my best! ^^

***I will translate the other "M-Net" VOD and Jap. VOD next!^^***

Thanks HIBISCUS aka ROSEPETAL for the translation

Viktoria asked me to post it here...

• 2 months later...

Thanks Azura dear for starting this thread. I hope this movie will attract viewers for the substance of the movie and not comparing to other movies with similar storyline.

I simply love the huge and shady tree..... :P and grateful to Azura, Rosepetal & Dramalover for posting related news of Yeonriji....still confusing ...riji or liji??? :blush: :unsure:

YEONRIJI - TRAILER

credit: Mr.かず

yeonriji.jpg

YTN/STAR - "YEONLIJI" Last Day Filming and Interview - VOD Translation

English Translations by: Hibiscus at StarJiwoo**

Choi JiWoo and Jo HanSun demonstrated a superb teary emotional performance together!

It is a mellow dramatic movie called "YEONLIJI"...."Yeonliji" is drawing great interest and attention not only from Korea but over seas as well, just based on the fact that Choi JiWoo is starring as the lead actress....

Upon the picturesque hills of Udo in Jeju Island, looking over the ocean, the saddest but most beautiful couple were shedding their tears.....Let us now meet this couple, CJW & JHS!.....

(VOD Report):

HyeWon, a cheerful, lovable and outgoing woman who finds her true love in adversity of death...

MinSoo, a successful entrepreneuer who unconditionally loves this woman, HyeWon,.....

"Yeonliji", these two people's heart-breaking and yet beautiful love story.....

The couple who are in this tragic love are sitting on a bench together looking over the ocean...

Due to the gusty and fierce wind in Udo, not only the actors but the staff, crew members and the media team are all wearing their thick winter coats/jackets...^^

Through the razor-cutting wind and cold weather, the hero & heroine try to focus on their feelings in emotional scenes...

Their expression appear very sad indeed....

Today is the day that they must perform "teary" scenes...

The most tragic and saddest couple in the world who must bid a farewell... their fate already predestined...

However, it was not easy to act out the teary emotional scenes today....

(Interview):

CJW: We really made many NG's...^^ Jo HanSun si made many NG's but so did I!^^

They weren't about making mistakes in dialogues or not memorizing our lines....but it was difficult to act out the emotional feelings in such weather conditions....and we really needed more time to do it better....

HyeWon, as death awaits her at the door....

"I know that I am being greedy...but the more and more I am with you (MinSoo), I want to live more...want to live more.... That is why...I said that we should only be friends? ... (HyeWon & MinSoo cry together... ㅠ ㅠ )

It is a truly heart-wrenching and painful love confession!!.... ㅠ ㅠ

Both Choi JiWoo and Jo HanSun together perform an excellent teary scene even without having to use any artificial tears...

While CJW is checking their performance through the monitor, the person who makes her laugh is none other than JHS....^^

He could not seem to stop crying even after the scenes were over..... ^^

Q: You are performing with an actor who is six years younger than yourself.... how was it?

CJW: It is my first time I had to act in sync with a younger partner, but....I loved it!! ^^ I enjoyed it very much!^^ ....But we don't look like we differ much in our ages? We don't, right? (laughs)

JHS: Actually, I was often told that I look older than JiWoo...^^

During the interview, CJW appeared cheerful and bright, but JHS seemed a little nervous.....^^

When asked, "what was your most memorable scene or episode in the movie?", JHS pondered for a while and finally speaks up....^^

JHS: I (MinSoo) pretended that I lost HyeWon's cellular phone and went out to buy her a new phone.....

CJW: (surprised & smiles and asks) Can he talk about that part of the movie?

JHS: I can, right?^^ (laughs...then, he was lost for words....^^)

CJW: Please don't talk about the summary of the scene but just talk about one episode...^^(laughs)

JHS: (But....oblivious, JHS keeps talking about the details of the episode!^^)

CJW: (looking more nervous but smiling...looking at JHS)

JHS: (keeps on talking about the summary of the scene...^^)

CJW: (finally, JW laughs and hits him lightly on his arm..^^)

JHS: (finally laughs and looks embarrassed....^_^)

Choi Ji Woo has become Japan's favorite top Hallyu Star...with her pure, innocent and tragic heroine image!....

Jo Han Sun transforms himself from a "teen idol" image in youth flicks and challenges himself further in a new area of performance and genre!....

CJW: I wanted to show the audience a more upgraded and improved performance than my previous projects...

44695_569118.jpg

Taken from starjiwoo

JO HAN-SUN in "YEONRIJI" will Capture the Hearts of Women Fans....

Source: Seoul-Sports korea

Translation: Hibiscus**

Jo Han-Sun transformed himself into a professional bartender in the movie "Yeonriji" (PD Kim Sung-Joog/ TaeWon Entertainment) and he will show off his sex appeal as a romantic guy!

Contrary to his rebel image in "The Temptation of Wolf", he will steal the eyes and hearts of women fans this time. Jo Han-Sun, his character as "Min-Soo" in the movie, transforms himself into a bartender in order to make his woman "HyeWon" happy....

Jo Han-Sun has received a special training in bartending, in between the filming of the movie, mastering the juggling & twirling acts with liquor bottles and making the flames of flowers with cocktail up in the air, all for just one scene in the movie...

Possessing natural atheletic abilities and a talent with quick reflex, when it actually started shooting for the scene, JHS performed a perfect and professional cocktail show without making any NGs and received much praises and applaudes from the staff and crew....

The romantic mellow movie "Yeonriji", starring Choi Ji-Woo and Jo Han-Sun, the love story between a beautiful man and a beautiful woman plans to screen this coming end of March!

av2zkm.jpg

av319d.jpg

av3c49.jpg

av3fbo.jpg

av3ivd.jpg

Taken from starjiwoo

• 2 weeks later...

Choi Ji Woo's rival in Yeonriji

Credit to News.yahoo.co.kr

현영, 귀여운 스토커 변신

2006021416152897917_1.jpg

현영 은 영화 '연리지'(감독 김성중)에서 바람둥이 민수 역의 조한선에게 무한한 애정 공세를 펼치는가 하면 시도 때도 없이 등장해 당황게 만들기도 한다.

비록 떠나버린 사랑에 집착하는 캐릭터이지만, 특유의 비음섞인 목소리와 깜찍한 애교까지 겸비해 무섭기보다 오히려 귀엽게 느껴지는 캐릭터다.

특히 민수가 혜원( 최지우 분)과 야외 데이트를 즐길 때 현영이 갑자기 나타나 방해하는 장면을 촬영할 때는 현영의 애교섞인 애드립과 특유의 목소리에 웃음을 참지 못한 조한선 때문에 수 차례 NG가 나기도 했다.

최지우는 "현영의 애교는 같은 여자가 봐도 매력적"이라며 박수를 보냈고, 조한선은 "센스와 순발력이 뛰어나다. 능청스러운 연기 때문에 웃음이 나와 연기하기 어려울 정도"라며 고충을 털어놓기도 했다.

이에 대해 현영은 "떠난 사랑에 집착하는 역할이라 슬픈 감정을 내면에 담고 연기했는데, 촬영만 들어가면 모두가 웃음을 터뜨리더라"며 말해 또 한 번 제작진을 웃겼다.

한편 죽음을 앞두고 사랑을 망설이는 혜원과 사랑이 처음이라 망설이는 바람둥이 민수, 쑥맥남 경민( 최성국 분)과 이론에만 빠삭한 초보 수진(서영희 분) 등 두 커플의 사랑이야기를 그린 로맨틱 멜로 '연리지'는 오는 4월 개봉한다.

2006021416152897917_2.jpg

YEONRIJI PRESS CONFERENCE INTERVIEW - CJW

YEONRIJI PRESS CONFERENCE INTERVIEW - JHS

credit: Marie from starjiwoo

32957_b.jpg

"YEONRIJI" PRESS CONFERENCE in JAPAN 2/14 (VOD) ** Interview of CJW/JHS**

English Translation by: Hibiscus**/Starjiwoo

(Questions were in Japanese...so I skipped them)

CJW: Konichiwa!! (Good Evening!) Waah....alot of the you have come...Thank you, and it's very nice to meet you all!^^

CJW: If I played a weaker and frail woman character in the past projects who was always led by a man, portraying the passive role, this time around, I actually lead the man that I love...

CJW: I wouldn't say that I am not at all like the character I portrayed in this movie...

In fact, I can say that I am alot like the character, "HyeWon" in this movie, especially cheerful & bright personality in myself or being playful on dates... are alot like my personality!^^

CJW: Although the character "HyeWon" has sadness in her heart due to her illness, she does not try to hide it and at the same time, she can still be cheerful and has sunny disposition....That was rather difficult to portray those diverse emotions in this character...

JHS: I portrayed the character "MinSoo" who had to keep & protect the woman who had a terminal illness and then had to release her... and it was also difficult for me to portray that kind of various & diverse emotions in this character...

Thus, we really talked alot and shared with each other about this part of acting while we were filming... But I really cannot say much since I still haven't watched the finished movie yet...^^

JHS: Well...JiWoo already said alot of great things before me...^^

We really workd so hard and tried to do our best in this movie together... I felt so great and felt much happiness all through out making this film....I wish all the audience would really enjoy watching this movie and gain alot which will stay in your heart & mind!^^

CJW: When you watch "Yeonriji", you will experience smiles/laughter and gentle emotions that will linger in your heart.... Perhaps, it will make you want to fall in love....or if you are already in love, you will certainly want to protect and cherish that love forever... ^^

Please enjoy watching this movie and hope that many, many of you will come & watch it!^^

CREDIT: HIBISCUS FROM STARJIWOO

200602150801531120_2.jpg

200602150801531120_1.jpg

200602150852411120_1.jpg

200602150852411120_3.jpg

200602150852411120_2.jpg

200602150852411120_1.jpg

200602150834381120_2.jpg

200602150847381120_2.jpg

200602150847381120_1.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

32.jpg

34.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

39.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

33.jpg

35.jpg

27.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

credit: nakamura

JO HAN-SUN,..... "CHOI JI-WOO IS CUTE & ADORABLE LIKE A LITTLE CHILD!"

Source: ReviewStar 02/20/2006 ㅡ News Article

English Translation: Hibiscus**/Starjiwoo*

"Yeonriji"'s Jo Han-Sun expressed in an interview about his lead actress/screen partner, Choi Ji-Woo that she has the cute and adorable child-like image and characteristic about her.

Choi Ji-Woo and Jo Han-Sun who starred in "Yeonriji" as a couple visited Japan together on February 13-14 for 2 days for the promotion of their movie. And at the press conference, JHS expressed his feelings about Choi Ji-Woo....

When the reporter asked JHS about what their first impressions about each other, he stated...

"Before I met Choi Ji-Woo ssi, I wondered if she may be a difficult person to work with as a screen partner and felt much burden...but as we started working together, all my worries have disappeared." In addition, he said "In real person, Ji-Woo ssi is a very cute & adorable woman...and unlike the image that CJW appears outwardly, she has many cute characteristics about her!"^^

About Jo Han-Sun, Choi Ji-Woo also expressed, "When I first met JHS, I felt that he seemed much more mature than his real age and contrary to my worries about difficult working atmosphere with him, he felt like a friend to me." as they both bragged about their deepened relationship even after the filming has finished....

On the other hand, the promotional event for "Yeonriji" in Japan is gearing up for thier screening date which is set for April 15th and called for a press conference, the event which attracted over 600 media team and confirmed their high anticipation and interests of these two lead actor/actres in "Yeonriji".....

Hye-Won, who hesitates about her last but true love because of her terminal illness, and

Min-Soo, a playboy who hesitates about his first love, will overcome their own fears and make special & beautiful love. This romantic mellow movie, "Yeonriji", which will contain fun and yet emotionally impressive elements will be screening on April 15th at 400 theater screens all over Japan and early April (first week?) in Korea....

CHOI JI-WOO and JO HAN-SUN: INTERVIEW (VODs) at Japan Press Conference ㅡ Part 3

Source: MovieWalker Report

Translation: Hibiscus**/Starjiwoo*

(VOD 1):

Q: (?? in Japanese..)

CJW: There were no difficult problems while we worked together in this film... JHS was a really great partner to work with and we clicked well and were in sync with one another....^^

CJW: I especially liked HanSun's deverse eye expression in his acting...like when he was being fun and playful or when he was being very sincere and serious, his eyes were very deep....very good, I thought...^^

(VOD 2):

Q: ?? (in Japanese)

JHS: In the past projects, I usually share and discuss alot with my screen partners about the script contents or the characters.... But this time, I didn't talk about acting or script with JiWoo....

Instead, we asked each other "How can we appear like "real" couple or lovers on the screen?"

or "What if we were a real couple, what would we do?"... After we pondered over this question, right away, we started to be playful with each other and had much fun...

We would go out to eat together alot, went out for entertainment places (karaoke, arcade/game room?) and sometimes went out to have drinks together....and we became very close friends...

and as we got closer, I really became "MinSoo". When we actually went into shooting the scenes, we acted like the way we practiced as a real couple...^^

In order to become "MinSoo", there were so many different ways of portraying his character such as what he liked or disliked....I thought incorporating the "bartender" scene in the movie was very crucial since "MinSoo" worked as a bartender before he became a successful executive of a game company..... So, I received "cocktail show" bartender training for 2 weeks!^^ In such short period of time, I don't think I can be a professional at it yet.....I tried my best to do it well.....^^

Q: ??

JHS: I think I am happiest when I first meet a girl....in the begining, that is!^^

Then, I am just happy trying to continue and maintain those happy feelings/emotions.....

When we break up and must leave the relationship, I feel very sad and discouraged....

Then, after awhile, when I meet a new girl again, I feel happy again!....^^

Finally, when I get married, I will be really happy!!^^ Then, seeing my children, the next generation of mine, I will be so happy seeing them around.... And watching and growing old with your partner together will make me happy, too!^^

JHS: I think there is fate....I believe in destiny...that's why we get married or fall in love....

One will eventually have his/her own sons or daughters out of that special fate/destiny... It all depends on how you go about finding and discovering that fate or destiny....Am I going to be waiting around indefinitely with no purpose?

Or should I start and prepare many things in order to accept my fate and destiny?^^

I think that is very important to me.... It's like that in Korea.... (the interview got cut off and ended here... ㅠ.ㅠ)

Guest Incise Soul

This movie looks really good. I can feel the chemistry between them already from the pictures. I can't wait to see the movie. Too bad it's not coming out until next year. I love JHS's hair now and JW is so beautiful.

This movie looks really good. I can feel the chemistry between them already from the pictures. I can't wait to see the movie. Too bad it's not coming out until next year. I love JHS's hair now and JW is so beautiful.

It will be out in April this year.

Guest Rosepetal

I discovered JHS eversince I saw him with Jiwoo together at their "Yeonriji" press conference in August last year....

I thought he was such a gorgeous, hot stud!! *^_^*

Since then, I watched his movie "WA" (Temptation of Wolves)...he was really cute & cool there!^^

After that, I watched "April Kiss"....he looked so dashing & handsome in that drama..^^

His hair is very short now due to his new movie, where he plays a gangster role....he still looks cool! I love the way he wore that white hat to cover his short hair with style!! And a roughly shaven look!! Sexy...^^ Looks kinda like "Indiana Jones"!!^ ^

He does look somewhat more mature & older now....

In fact, I think he looks much more secure, confident, contented and peaceful lately....

I believe his good & close relationship with Jiwoo, whether platonic or romantic, is definitely having a positive effect on him!^^

He just looks plain happy! Aaahhhh...can't wait for the movie!!^^

Check out that romantic "KISS" scene capture up above!! LOVE IT!! *^_^*

Archived