How Come Girls Wear Purses To School

Guest SheWantTampons

Guest Angxizzle

Because us girls don't have enough space in our pockets to stick our cellphone, wallet, keys, etc. It's just something to help us carry our stuff around.

yup, i tend to not bring a purse to school though unless it's 'that time of month' idk why but i always do. i'll bring my purse if i need extra attention to myself or i don't need to carry a bookbag. i used to bring it alot to school but i stopped because i had too many things to carry.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

because WE GIRLS are born to be like that thats how you call GIRL THING! ahhahha, we love big wallets, bringing some girl stuffs that guy can't bring or not using, like tissue, lipstick, face powder, etc...

In fashion right now, some guys are wearing bags too right?! its fashion!

Guest EHNerJI

I don't bring purses to school, but lots of girls do,

I find it uncomfortable, heavy books all on one shoulder :\

jansport backpacks ftw ><

lots of girls usually carry those TNA bags >_>

blahhh tna bags are D<<

luckily, i think they have died out at my school.

i have like 4 of them, but i only use them for trips/sleepovers.

they are way too huge to just be carrying around normally ._.;

rofl i know i already replied but i just thought of this.

i don't usually carry textbooks/binders around with me,

just notebooks.. so, using a backpack would look weird because it's empty ._.;

and a small backpack doesn't really fit what i need to fit, so a purse is the perfect size haha

Guest sungified

a lot of the girls in my school who can't afford large sized brand name purses buy those tiny coach ones that can barely fit anything

it annoys me since you can't even fit a wallet in there so you have to roll up your money to fit in everything

what is the point?

why can't you just put everything in your backpack? or buy a non brand name purse that is bigger? = n=

i don't really like it when people buy something just for the brand

usually i carry huge tote bags to school

i've got like 8+ that i switch around every month

it's super roomy so i have space for everything (:

Way to judge people.

Are you talking about those coach wristlets? It's your opinion so I'm not going to bash you. But I do have to disagree with you that only people who can't afford the big ones buy them. The little ones come in handle when all you need to carry are your cellphone, money, ID, lipgloss. I happen to own a lot of those wristlets just because not only are they cute, but they are at a reasonable size and fit in my backpack when I don't feel like carrying them around. And if you're talking about the smaller handbags, then well, I find them just as useful as the wristlets. It's easier to get your money and stuff from those bags than from your backpacks. They aren't even heavy or space consuming.

Guest haruquin

When I was in high school, all the girls would bring a purse AND carry a backpack. I thought it was a little weird, but whatever floats your boat. I even saw some girls carry like three bags!

I just totally agree with this. geez

every single morning, whenever i cross the road

i see a migration of tortoises with purses, srsly

dude, i just dont understand. whenever those girls walk out

of the classroom with those things, they look like

they are going to the mall. or something.

its totally fine and nice if they are bringing it in the mall or streets

but in school, its just comical

Girls just have a lot of things wherever they go.

And they need something big enough to put it in.

I don't know why people buy those little purses that can't fit everything that is needed.

Those are like useless!

I don't bring my purse to school, I bring a tote.

But everything that consists in my purse, is also in my school bag.

All the necessities that ladies need in life.

Only in a woman's world...

x]

Guest erika.march1993

I actually really hate carrying purses! but sometimes I feel naked without it lol.

usually I'll have tampons,a pencil, a small notebook, cell phone, mint, and money in my purse.

Guest binjoo

I don't use mine in college since I bring my backpack.

I know lots of girls use them in place of backpacks and it holds all their makeup and stuff.

In high school, I usually only brought one when it was that time of the month just cause it was easier to bring that to the bathroom than a backpack.

Although it must've look funny that I only brought it for three days every month. Haha.

Guest honeyru

I carry my purse everywhere :D

It's like an extension of my body. I keep makeup, reading books, sunglasses, cellphone, ipod, keys, hair products etc

I would die without my purse, or at least be reallly bored....

:) get rdy!

Not all girls are like that seriously; its becuase of your surroundings that you think this way >_>....

i guess u were raised up differently. so u think differently. the brand probably boost theire ego and confidence of course.

narrow minded much? have u read the other posts at all? sure doesn't look like it.

---

this thread imo is pointless and stupid, so sorry.

but throughout this thread,I have found that there was quite abit of posts that were biased and prejudice ((above))

a purse or a bag is to put essentials in ((be it anything from school stuff to makeup/ ect...))

if u dont have alot of stuff then u dont use a bag most of the time and shove it in your backpack

OR u would just probably use a small bag/purse

you complain why girls carry bags/purses; overall, you're being soooo narrow-minded -_-

but hey, i'll be understanding. its all based on a girls situation of actually needing a pure/bag or not.

on with the topic. I bring a purse for supplies for class/cell/water/stuff in snacks i get at school and random junk

its easier for me to just pull it out from my side, then the trouble of going thru my bkpack. ((since i have alot of books/binders/paper))

Word of the day: Laissez faire: French for "leave alone."

Personally for me, a girl doesn't need to pull out her essential items throughout the day so much so that she needs a smaller, more convenient bag to do it. My opinion and yours, no need to call me "sooo narrow minded" and the topic stupid - it was a guy just wondering, no need to call him out. I was specifically referring to girls who carry two separate bags, then a purse to their classes. In my experience, these girls were pulling out their makeup and checking their cell phones in class, inconsiderate. So obviously, I will reflect on the topic based on my experiences just as you do.

Then again, practically no one did that throughout my years in high school and only younger girls did it in my senior year. So I'm thinking it's most likely a fad now with high school girls (much like how girls my age wrapped their books with paper shopping bags with the handles sticking out so they didn't have to carry it.)

Guest teephanie

Girls and purses are like guys and cars - an unnecessary necessity =) And if not in a purse where else am I suppose to put my wallet? It does NOT fit in my back pocket for one thing like guys, secondly I dont always have a back pocket lmao and thirdly it just looks ugly.

But I have to agree with you. It drives me wildddddd when I see girls carrying purses to school with their school bags. Its just like, "why cant you put your crap in your school bag like me?" honestly I think it looks so ugly. Could it be anymore of a fashion dont.

Guest MissYoonie

Because us girls don't have enough space in our pockets to stick our cellphone, wallet, keys, etc. It's just something to help us carry our stuff around.
exactly

& we usually have things like [pads/tampons]

in it and its weird to lug your backpack out of the room in the middle of class

to become FRESH again lol

but then again there's the logic of putting it in your pocket :/

i personally think purses are overpriced and just a pain to carry around all the time. i actually use a backpack when i go to school. im pretty sure it's arguably big enough to carry everything in those purses and more. and i keep my cell phone in my pocket.

Guest ohb0yitsMEL

guys ALWAYS ask to put their stuff in my purse. like, if we're at a party or the mall, they'll be like "can i put my camera/wallet/keys/phone in your purse? i don't wanna hold it (or they don't have room in their pocket, etc)." then they usually forget that they left their stuff in there so they go home without their camera or wallet. what a shame! not carrying a purse is so inconvenient, how do guys live?!

if i were a guy, i'd totally carry a man purse. they have really fashionable / cool looking man-purses nowadays!

Well, it usually matches the outfit of course and I think it's easier to reach to my side rather than swinging a bag around to grab something.

Archived