How Come Girls Wear Purses To School

Guest SheWantTampons

Guest lilimac

i love wearing my purse to school, that way, i can bring it with me to lunch, the restroom, it has my pencils, makeup and everything ill need on the go

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sweetVisions

wow, didn't know there were so many prejudices against girls who carry purses or, OH NO, purse and a backpack.

I always carry a purse and backpack to school.

REASONS:

- If I needed to, in the middle of a lecture I could bring my purse with my tampons/pantiliners to the bathroom without hauling a heavy backpack. Way to be obvious much?

- While I'm walking, I can easily reach into my purse to get my wallet, sunglasses, pen, cellphone... etc without stopping, finding a bench to take off my backpack, find the item and then put the backpack back on. It's just more convenient.

- My backpack is already full with crap for school. I don't want to squeeze in items that can be easily crushed or damaged.

- And others I can't think of right now because I need sleep... :|

And I carry one of those small shoulder bags. I love it because I don't have to physically carry it with my hands.

I saw that one of comments mentioned it's tacky. Lolz, oh well. Don't care

Guest Annyon

Purses count as fashion.

Not only that but they are a cute accessory.

But if you don't care about any of that (like me), then it counts as a little bag used to carry personal possessions. There's nothing wrong with it. I just don't like how people spend so much on purses. I just get one that works and is affordable. :D

Guest Dolce_love

i started using a tote bag this year and its actually way more convienient than my backpack! Because you dont have to take it off, flip it over, zip open the bag etc. Its just easier to put stuff in and take stuff out :]

its not fancy, its just plain black with emily the strange pic on it XD, i only use it because its big and fits all my books~ but i don;t understand the girls who wear like Guess and hardout fancy looking purses to school, like the ones with the bling on it.

Guest xl0v3juicy

It's convenient to have a purse on you when you're having that "time of the month". You can put tampons/pads in there lol... plus you won't look weird lugging your backpack to the washroom in the middle of class. I remember one time in highschool, a girl brought her backpack with her to the washroom, and this one guy actually asked why she did it LOL. Then another girl told him to "never ask a girl why she's bringing her bag to the washroom with her". SO yeah.

Although aside from that reason, I really don't see why girls need a purse AND a backpack at the same time. I'm a girl myself, and I just store all my make-up and stuff in one schoolbag...

Guest Aquaflower

I don't use a purse. When I need to freshen up, I go during my passing period (or lunch). Bringing my backpack into the bathroom during that time isn't weird at all then, lol. Also, passing period is only five minutes... But if I quickly get to my next class and tell my teacher that I'm going to the bathroom, then it can be more than five~

I leave my wallet and cellphone in my backpack. When I'm out and about, both of them are in my pockets (either hoodie or pant pockets). They're rather small/thin looking, so I don't look weird with them on me, lol. I have a friend who uses this big purse that has: a huge bag of make up, her huge cell, ipod, huge long wallet, and other things. o.0 She has everything she needs for when she's bored while hanging with her group of friends, ha!

Guest deportedkorean

All this time I thought you guys have purses just to look pretty or something like that. And yea I wish there was a way I can carry stuff without having to use my pockets. I can't wear a backpack everywhere I go...

Find a girlfriend that carries a purse...

...my boyfriend sometimes asks me to hold his wallet/keys/cellphone -_-.

Guest witchery

Because you can't stuff everything in your pockets like you guys. Even when you're going out I don't understand why guys just don't have man-bags. Guys have to ask me if I can fit their stuff in my purse when they can't stuff it any more in their pants lol...and you can't wear baggy jeans all the time, sometimes all you can really fit in there is a small wallet and small phone =O

Guest ninyaah

I don't wear purses to school. I have to bring books, notes and other stuff and I'm in college already. It makes me wonder what those girls bring to school everytime they wear those little purses. But I do wear 'em sometimes -- like events where I don't have to bring a lot of stuff and formal parties.

I've always been to a uniform wearing school so I've never seen this until I started my new school a few months ago. I can see why you find it weird, but it's mostly for makeup essentials and pads/tampons.

I personally prefer to just leave that stuff in my book bag though, which I leave in our main room (my school only consists of 2 rooms and 3 students, so...) :unsure:

Guest kiwistar

I've only had one purse and i HATED it. It was soo inconvenient to carry around - one extra thing to worry about, especially at school when you can just put the stuff in your locker/backpack/pockets. I don't think I'll need a backpack until college when I actually drive, go out a lot, etc.

Guest cherriholicxx

Lawlz. I use a purse cause sometimes I'm too lazy to use a backpack. xD!

That's how lazy I can get.

-and when I go out, it's to hold stuff too.

Since, ya know, girls jeans are tight...

-and girl wallets are huge... most of the time. Lawlz. ♥

Guest lilimac

it sucks though, big bags make me tempted to put about everything from hand sanitizers to chocolate, other food and crap in my purse, i weighed it the other day, i had about 13 pounds in there O_O

Guest MeiHearts

hm i think purses look really nice but oh gawd i can't stand carrying one myself. so i have to stick w/ backpacks :( purses put too much strain on one shoulder... and not big enough to fit books and etc :(

Guest `simple_adoration*

I can never really carry purses...

I always carry bags/totes. Idk, i just feel awkward carrying a purse; even while going shopping or something, i take a tote bag with me

Guest redranger

I don't mind if they're big, like hobos or totes, but when girls wear those wallet-sized purses.............. I don't know, they just look ridiculous. It's also weird when seeing girls wear both backpacks and purses. Like, what's the point?

I personally don't wear any type of handbag to school. I love my Northface, haha. (: But even if I go out, I don't really like to take purses - just my essentials: wallet, keys, and phone. Es all I nee'!

Archived