-- Cast Photos Revealed For Movie Adaptation Of Hit Asian Themed Nickelodeon Cartoon [...but Wtf?&#3

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cupcake-siu

oh hell no.

and the fact they put Dev Patel in it is just even more of an insult

None of them are asian wtf.

The only one i'm okay about is Jackson, cause i love him ^^ lol

Guest Amethist
I'm going to write to him.

Or when I grow up, start producing movies where European leads are played by Asians. Oh yeah. And I'll write plays where the main characters are Asian and the villains are European. OH YEAH. That's more like history with all this colonialism crap. Cheng Ho discovered Australia before any European and did he try to colonise it? Nooooooooo.

I'm so over caucasians right now. -___-

Actually.. it's directed by a guy of Indian decent :mellow: ..

I would like to have a word with that guy, cause seriously if Indians can play the Fire Nation without getting discriminated by 'the average american crowd', then... so can east-easians !! So I really don't get that part since both are minorities and all.. And seriously, it's sooooo obvious that the Fire Nation is oriental, especially Zuko's uncle.. Though it's also obvious that the Water Nation is inuit and etc..

I'm not happy with all the caucasian actors either btw, it should have been a movie with east asians/south-east asians/inuit like in the cartoon >_<.. This movie ain't Avatar : The Last Airbender, this movie is just a movie based on it <_< (lol my friend always says that about Harry Potter btw)..

Guest ovaltinejenkins
This is ridiculous. At least have the courtesy to cast at least ONE Asian in one of the main roles.

Not have these non-Asian actors play the parts and making them LOOK Asian. Wouldn't it be far easier to just cast an Asian?

Psh, I just lost some respect for Hollywood.

...because dev patel is SO white. <_<

I'm not supporting the movie because it doesn't have asian actors, i'm not supporting it because i don't watch horrendous silly movies.

Yeah, could be a blessing in disguise. Movie could be a big flop that we'd have been so embarrassed that Asians play a majority of the cast.

Guest tirahbunny
I don't think that is a strong argument as those two are actual people while this is a cartoon.

okay then,

would they cast Adam Sandler or Ben Stiller to play Fat Albert? Make him wear a fat suit and everything, spray tan him 5 shades darker. Or would they just cast someone suitable for the role itself.

i don't even care about the movie that much,but the fact that they make it seem as though no ASian actors are good enough for the movie. It's not like Jackson Rathbone is an astounding actor. I totally dont know who the kids that play Aang and Katara are either.

Guest shining_star-:
You know,

I'm white person and I like Avatar. And this is really ridiculous for doing that.

I though that Avatar would be more Asian Movie in (even the Aang would be really fit for Asian kid).

The Only white person who really fits in is the Jackson Rathbone. (Looks good for playing Sokka) while the rest can be in asian characters.

I'm going to help you for spread this. This ain't right.

I agree its asian movie i cant believe asians arent allowed to participate in this movie >:(

okay then,

would they cast Adam Sandler or Ben Stiller to play Fat Albert? Make him wear a fat suit and everything, spray tan him 5 shades darker. Or would they just cast someone suitable for the role itself.

i don't even care about the movie that much,but the fact that they make it seem as though no ASian actors are good enough for the movie. It's not like Jackson Rathbone is an astounding actor. I totally dont know who the kids that play Aang and Katara are either.

It is all about marketability. And you know what? They wouldn't have to get Ben Stiller or Adam Sandler to play Fat Albert because there are established Black comedian/actors that could play him.

Guest Awkward Smile

Maybe they only focused on casting talented actors rather than on picking asian actors?

I'm sure they didn't deliberately choose actors that aren't asian for the sake of not wanting asian actors.

btw, I know nothing of this movie or cartoon.

Guest Bi=Oh
I see your point but we cannot just say "oh well" and let things be.

if black people just said "oh well hollywood wont consider us to be money makers so we should just play our positions and let things be" we would not have people like denzel washington or will smith both of whom earn top dollar and bring in some of the biggest profits for studios to date. and they both happen to be black. do u know the reason why studios are willing to take on black actors? because black people have acted proactively for many years to be included to be heard to be seen.

as soon as we have ONE breakout asian hollywood star the gate will open, all we need is that one person and we have yet to have one. but when that day comes, studios will indeed realize that having an asian star in a movie can indeed be profitable. like i siad in my video we have a black president for christs sake who wouldve thoguht the american public was so open minded?

little bobby in oshkosh wisconsin could probably give a freak if the lead character in avatar is a real asian kid. just like he didnt care that the cartoon he was watching in the first place- IS COMPLETELY ASIAN TO BEGIN WITH! the only difference is -its a cartoon!

yep and thats a problem. goofy sidekick. doesnt speak english well. asexual. there for comedic relief (thikn jackie chan in rush hour)

agreed. i didnt expect to see an all asian american cast for this movie either.

obviously we are not at the point in our culture to have an all asian cast in a big hollywood movie but like u said NOT ONE of the lead characters in this movie adaptation with eastern asian cartoon characters is asian (with the exception of dev patel who is not even eastern asian) and that is absolutely ridiculous.

well said. Instead of getting "fobs" with mediocre english lets try and get asian americans to better represent the asian community. And who said asian americans can't get lead roles in big hit movies. Maybe its because hollywood ceo's dont want to and don't know for certain. You think after streetfighter, dragonball flopped they woud think a harder on why they are DOING IT WRONG

Guest woaini715

ohh god. wtf? just what i needed. im boycotting. it just aint right. i mean, the whole damn thing is ASIAN. the setting, the clothes, there's freeking chinese characters, could you be more obvious? wtf is this? i understand that there arent a lotta asians in hollywood, but they never happen cuz theyre never given a chance. right after the white guy that play goku in that stinkin "dragon ball" movie. (which I also boycotted too)

Guest angelcadex

The only happy thing I see in this post is Dev Patel lol he looks like the character?

Not seeing this anyway, hate Avatar, but I agree about the whole casting thing *sigH*

Guest jiiii

umm no.

Look at those characters. They look Caucasian because Asian people drew them to be Caucasian. Even Asian people don't like Asians. So can you blame White people for not liking Asians? Seriously, Asians complain about lack of Asian models in the international scene, but go to Asia. Who's filling up the pages in magazines and billboards? Asians? Think again. White people. ASIANS CAST WHITE PEOPLE TO SELL PRODUCTS!

Seriously, if we really wanted to change this, we should look into why those characters have big Caucasian eyes. Because Asian people like big Caucasian blue eyes. If you really wanted to be proactive, you shouldn't blame Hollywood. Blame our own Asian people who have an obsession with Caucasians.

I believe there are great Asian actors out there. I don't think those Hollywood agents/people did their homework right or know about great Asian actors out there.

Dame, this is kind of stupid, racist, and a blow to the Asian population.

Guest Keris
umm no.

Look at those characters. They look Caucasian because Asian people drew them to be Caucasian. Even Asian people don't like Asians. So can you blame White people for not liking Asians? Seriously, Asians complain about lack of Asian models in the international scene, but go to Asia. Who's filling up the pages in magazines and billboards? Asians? Think again. White people. ASIANS CAST WHITE PEOPLE TO SELL PRODUCTS!

Seriously, if we really wanted to change this, we should look into why those characters have big Caucasian eyes. Because Asian people like big Caucasian blue eyes. If you really wanted to be proactive, you shouldn't blame Hollywood. Blame our own Asian people who have an obsession with Caucasians.

Actually, I agree with this post.

Asia is obsessed with Caucasians and any asians that have caucasian features are practically worshiped. Why else do I constantly hear on this forum that "mixed people are always so beautiful, I want mixed kids!". It's because asian kids who are mixed with caucasian look more white so that means they look more attractive according to asian standards. :rolleyes:

Whatever, this movie is going to be bad no matter what kind of actors are cast. :mellow:

Guest Stolen_waters
why am i not surprised... we all did see the live action of dragonball z right? Sooooo dumb

I'm not surprised either.

ooohh.....I haven't seen the dragonball live action yet!

*checks youtube*

Archived