[Drama 2010] Slave Hunters / Chuno 추노

Guest o-cha

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ LOL yah... maybe you can put that pic where she's wearing a hanbok in the first post... that way she'll be like "in character"!

I'm soooo happy that more news portals are reporting about her casting... All we need to do is wait for the official confirmation... but so far the news are pretty positive about her signing on for this project and this makes me really really happy!

o-cha, thanks for the character descriptions... I'm already loving it bit by bit as more and more info gets released...

yay! Dahee is actually looking forward to having LDH on board this project!

Guest imogene_af

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_stor..._joo_for_chuno/

ALLKPOP also reports Lee Da Hae as the female lead for "Chuno".

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Han Hyo Joo had given up her leading role for upcoming KBS drama "Chuno," also known as Pursuing Servants. Maybe it's cause she has too much on her plate at once. Or is it because she decided to leave her management company? Anywho, the Chuno production team has been scouting for a new lead actress, and guess what? Word on the block is that Lee Da Hae will be her replacement.

"Chuno" brings us back to Joseon Dynasty when slaves or servants still existed. Jang Hyuk who plays the role as a slave hunter tries to hunt down Oh Ji Ho, a slave who ran away after being falsely accused of a crime he did not commit. The lead female role, now played by Lee Da Hae, is a daughter of a servant who shares a love relationship with Jang Hyuk but ends up running away.

This is not the first time that Jang Hyuk has worked together. They had acted together previously in the SBS drama Robbers in 2008. Looks like filming should run smoothly starting August 7th.

newsen article again about LDH's casting

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200908040953071020

from what I've gathered using the google translate it basically says the same thing as the previous articles said... that it's not yet confirmed but they're positive about her involvement for this project...

I'm still crossing my fingers that her camp would confirm this already! stop keeping us on our toes... haha!

Guest ripgal

^ I can't handle disappointment too... esp when it comes to Da Hae.. ^_^

===

News on Da Hae undecided with Chuno...

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200908050823111020

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=26956

Lee Da-hae still undecided on Chuno

August 4th, 2009 // by javabeans

With Han Hyo-joo out of the historical drama Chuno [추노, aka Pursuing Servants], speculation has been rampant that Lee Da-hae would be filling in the vacancy. On August 4, her management spoke out and gave the official stance: “She has received the offer, but it’s only one of several projects she is looking at. She has not decided on anything yet and is seriously considering several scripts.”

I think despite the cautious wording, there’s a strong likelihood that Lee Da-hae will indeed take on the role. For whatever reason, her management is approaching the situation tentatively, but in cases like this, often the early rumors are confirmed in due course.

If she does take on this drama, this will be Lee’s first sageuk role, and she will be reuniting with her Robber (Bulhandang) co-star Jang Hyuk. It’ll be the first project following her much-talked-about (and much-maligned) quitting of East of Eden, which earned her a lot of heated criticism. (To be fair, the whole production was a hotbed of crazy, so it’s understandable that she wanted out. Her reputation, however, did take a hit.)

I think Lee Da-hae is a talented actress — one of the better ones in her generation — who hasn’t always picked the best projects. (I don’t think she’s made a good choice since Green Rose and My Girl. The three subsequent dramas — Hello Miss, Robber, East of Eden — were duds for her career.) If she does accept Chuno, she’s working with some good actors (Oh Ji-ho isn’t that exciting, but I can’t wait to see if she has rapport with the intense, charismatic Lee Jong-hyuk) and a talented director (Conspiracy in the Court). Funnyman Gong Hyung-jin and Kim Ji-seok are also cast.

Chuno will air on KBS in October.

Via TV Report

Guest hjkomo

innocent0001.gif Please let this be true!!! I really need to see them together again! Feeling optimistic about this drama!! crossfingers.gif

LOL, we can have a reunion of everyone from the Robbers thread!! :rolleyes:

You rang??? :lol:

So that's what I heard across the miles... :D

Guest imogene_af

I hear it too. :lol:

Anyway, I think JTune (LDH's management) is singing the same tune everyone gives prior to accepting a project. I'm pretty sure this is more about ironing things out i.e. contract, exposure, talent fee that is holding Jtune and LDH back.

I don't blame the girl for being cautious at least. This is her make or break at this point.

OCHA- you got some good news for us? B)

Guest o-cha

hjkomo : There you are!! Robbers essayist team is almost all but complete now :lol:

Da Hae girls : I'm posting a bunch of articles on Da Hae thread..lol

Da Hae is OFFICIALLY in Chuno now...YAYYYY!!!!

Don't worry about the second paragraph from last the one with 'If LDH's participation is confirmed..'. It seemed like the reporter was in a rush to print the articla that he didn't change any of the wording from a previous article :lol:

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200908050823111020

이다해 ‘추노’로 8개월만에 안방극장 컴백 눈앞

Lee Da Hae Returning to the Small Screen After 8 Months through ‘Chuno’

2009080508231110201.jpg

[뉴스엔 김형우 기자] {Newsen Kim Hyung Woo reporting}

탤런트 이다해가 KBS 2TV 사극 '추노'로 8개월만에 컴백할 예정이다.

Lee Da Hae plans on returning after 8 months through KBS 2 TV sageuk ‘Chuno’

'추노' 측 한 관계자는 4일 "이다해의 출연은 확정적"이라며 "곧 드라마 세부 사항을 조율한 후 촬영에 들어갈 계획"이라고 밝혔다.

A representative from ‘Chuno’ production team said on the 4th “Lee Da Hae’s performance (in the drama) is for certain.” “She is going through the drama details (script) and will enter filming soon”

이다해 측은 4일 뉴스엔과 전화통화에서 "오래 전부터 봐오던 작품인 것은 맞다"면서도 "아직 출연에 대해 결정된 것바는 없다"고 말했다. 이어 "현재 제작진과 논의 중"이라며 "긍정적이지만 확정된 사항은 아니다"고 말했다. 하지만 "오래 전부터 제의를 받았고 본인과 소속사도 좋게 생각하고 있다"고 말하며 출연 가능성이 크다는 점을 내비쳤다.

Lee Da Hae’s representative spoke to Newsen via the phone “We are looking into work that suits (Lee Da Hae).” “We haven’t determined her involvement (in Chuno). We are currently in the process of discussing with the production company. We feel positive about it but nothing has been confirmed yet.” However the rep also said “She has received the offer a long time ago and the company also thinks it as a good idea.”

'추노'는 노비 사냥꾼 추노꾼의 이야기를 담은 사극으로 오지호 장혁이 주연을 맡았다. 이다해의 출연이 확정될 경우 '에덴의 동쪽' 하차 후 약 8개월만에 복귀하게 된다.

‘Chuno’ is a story of a slave and a slave hunter where Oh Ji Ho and Jang Hyuk will play the respective roles. If Lee Da Hae’s participation is confirmed, this will be her return after 8 months since leaving ‘East of Eden’.

한편 '추노'는 KBS 2TV '한성별곡-정'을 만든 곽정환PD가 연출을 맡았다. 오지호 장혁 외에 김지석 이종혁 공형진 등이 출연한다.

‘Chuno’ is produced by KBS 2TV ‘Conspiracy in the Court’ PD Kwak Jung Hwan. Oh Ji Ho, Jang Hyuk, Kim Ji Suk, Lee Jong Hyuk, Gong Hyung Jin and others to perform.

김형우 cox109@newsen.com

Guest imogene_af

funny how it's all Da hae's shippers in here. Where are the other fans for the other actors? lolz

we scared them away.

j/p.

Jang Hyuk and Oh Ji Ho for some reason isn't really that popular in soompi, though are pretty popular locally.

Guest o-cha

A Hyuk-er in da house here! hehehehe

I know Jill is a Hyuk-er too....but again I know she like me also liked the Robbers Couple so we both want Da Hae in the drama :lol:

ripgal : OK...will use Da Hae in hanbok for the temporary pic then.

Suddenly I feel like I want to do poster...but with what pictures? hahahahaha....they haven't even started filming yet and I'm already itching for banner and poster...crazzzyy...lol

Filming starts in 2 days---August 7th so we should hopefully get some pics after that.....please let there be some BTS pics or fan pic or something..hehehe.

Guest venerable

is she really coming back? wotwotwooooo!

Lee Da hae in seaguk drama! wearing hanbook and the weird and heavy wig! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Jill4675

sLo_grouphug3.gif YESSSS! Looks like it's gonna be Old Home Week or something like that!! :lol: We've got hjkomo, o-cha, imogene_af, ripgal...and no doubt if this is all really happening...all the old gang will reappear! 2296.gif

I needed a drama to look forward to down the road...nothing upcoming really seemed that interesting until now... <_<

sunglasses2.gif

Guest maccay

I wasn't in robbers but can I join the club o-cha? You know I'm a Dahae fan so this would be one of my fave thread from now on. Thank you soooooo much for all the hard work doing all the translations! :D

Guest o-cha

maccay : Of course you can join! We are all now Chuno-ers? hmm...what should we call Chuno fans? Chunoholic? Chuno addict? hahahaha

Jill: I'm the same way too! I don't have any dramas that I look forward to nowadays..yeah I'll watch My Failr Lady/Lady Castle but I don't have as much interest in that one as I do Chuno...

I'm happy reading comments on DC KBS...most people seem to be looking forward to the drama...and without a doubt everyone said...this drama has one good looking cast.....hehehe

Archived