[Drama 2010] Slave Hunters / Chuno 추노

Guest o-cha

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imogene_af

seems like PHANTOM (HHJ's management or former management) does not like how JTUNE (LDH's management owned by Rain) is dealing with Lee Da Hae's supposed or almost casting, I do not think PHANTOM appreciates how JTUNE makes it seem that LDH has been offered CHUNO for a long time now so they explained that HHJ refused it because of scheduling conflicts and she was THIS close to getting it. It sort of refutes the whole JTUNE press release that LDH has been the one kind of eyed from way back.

I don't know JTune sorta confirmed it by saying that LDH's heart was in Chuno.

I think it's just management companies protecting their talents, so they all give press releases. especially with rumors spreading that HHJ refused it because she was not liking the roles her company picked for her. So it's good that they made it official that it was a scheduling issue.

Of course JTune will say their talent has been eyed so it will give LDH some leg up. Of course Phantom will defend HHJ. So it's normal.

I still think LDH is most likely to get the role. I mean they'll be shooting by Friday, right? LOL.

so, there's a very big possibility that lee da hae will be the lead actress? i thought the'll start shooting on the 7th, so, will they really gonna start shooting even if the lead actress issue is not yet settled?

Guest imogene_af

so, there's a very big possibility that lee da hae will be the lead actress? i thought the'll start shooting on the 7th, so, will they really gonna start shooting even if the lead actress issue is not yet settled?

One article said she'll be there by the seventh and she's already reading the script.

There is no official confirmation... but LDH kinda works that way. She always just confuses us. i.e. she never confirmed Robbers and just showed up for the first day.

Guest zacey

seems like PHANTOM (HHJ's management or former management) does not like how JTUNE (LDH's management owned by Rain) is dealing with Lee Da Hae's supposed or almost casting, I do not think PHANTOM appreciates how JTUNE makes it seem that LDH has been offered CHUNO for a long time now so they explained that HHJ refused it because of scheduling conflicts and she was THIS close to getting it. It sort of refutes the whole JTUNE press release that LDH has been the one kind of eyed from way back.

I don't know JTune sorta confirmed it by saying that LDH's heart was in Chuno.

I think it's just management companies protecting their talents, so they all give press releases. especially with rumors spreading that HHJ refused it because she was not liking the roles her company picked for her. So it's good that they made it official that it was a scheduling issue.

Of course JTune will say their talent has been eyed so it will give LDH some leg up. Of course Phantom will defend HHJ. So it's normal.

I still think LDH is most likely to get the role. I mean they'll be shooting by Friday, right? LOL.

:wacko::blink::sweatingbullets: politics.... why so complicated...

hope that everything goes well for LDH...

Why Han Hyo Joo rejects “Chuno”?

No, not because she hates the script or anything like that.

I was also curious to know why Han Hyo Joo backed out on a solid production like this one. And eventually, why Lee Da Hae stepped up though as of now, things are still not confirmed yet. The crew is still in discussion, though some might say that Lee Da Hae will certainly take on the role. We shall see pretty soon. One thing for certain is that Han Hyo Joo is out of the picture. For real. >_>

Actress Han Hyo Joo confessed the truth as to why she backed out on “Chuno”

The upcoming fusion saguek drama from KBS2 “Chuno” is directed by the same PD “Conspiracy In The Court” Kwak Jeong Hwan PD. On the roster list, we have Oh Ji Ho, Gong Hyeong Jin, Jang Hyuk, Lee Jong Hyuk, Kim Ji Seok and Lee Da Hae. But apparently, the leading lady has yet to be determined shortly because Han Hyo Joo suddenly backed out of her casting.

Originally, the actress mentioned that she has a positive review of “Chuno” script. But because at that time she was still busy filming “Brilliant Legacy”, with regrets, she had to reject the role. The problem with scheduling time and also “Chuno” filming schedule have weighed in on her final decision to drop the project.

Her agent, Phantom Entertainment tells on August 6, that “Chuno” has similar kind of synopsis and script as “Brilliant Legacy” in term of Han Hyo Joo’s role in both. But since “Chuno” needed to start filming shortly after they announced their offer, Han Hyo Joo couldn’t help to participate because she was still in the middle of filming for “Brilliant Legacy”. The proposal was very interesting, and they are sure that the show will have a positive reviews from the audience. “Because of the scheduling problem, and when she had to appear on the final appearance (with “Chuno” crew and cast), Han Hyo Joo couldn’t commit to it. At that time, Brilliant Legacy was on the verge of finalizing its episode so we had to take on this decision. So it’s not that we backed out on the project suddenly like what the press said, but we have thought of this matter carefully.”

Also, yesterday August 4, on a phone conversation with Lee Da Hae, her agent mentioned that the decision is not finalized yet. They’re still having some discussion with the current crew and though it’s not confirmed but it seems ‘positive’ that she’ll participate on this project. Lee Da Hae mentioned that she has received the offer for quite some time, and her agency also thought it’s a good role for her. Having said this, it seems like she’ll most likely to appear on the “Chuno” – if she is, this will be her first historical project.

source: http://www.jazzholic.com/2009/08/05/han-hy...no-was-a-no-go/

Guest maccay

maccay : Of course you can join! We are all now Chuno-ers? hmm...what should we call Chuno fans? Chunoholic? Chuno addict? hahahaha

Jill: I'm the same way too! I don't have any dramas that I look forward to nowadays..yeah I'll watch My Failr Lady/Lady Castle but I don't have as much interest in that one as I do Chuno...

I'm happy reading comments on DC KBS...most people seem to be looking forward to the drama...and without a doubt everyone said...this drama has one good looking cast.....hehehe

I'd go for Chunoholic...hehehe. Sounds better. Thanks o-cha and jill for the warm welcome for non-robbers like me. I'm not only looking forward to seeing JH and Dahae act together again, but also would wanna see their BTS. Isn't it so much fun to work with your friends? Since she's also friends with JH and LJH, i'm sure Chuno would be a much rather livelier environment for Dahae where everyone should work as a team. ;)

Guest o-cha

Thanks for the explanation imogene. Yeah somehow I don't see how the female lead won't be Lee Da Hae. It's so late in the process already (shooting coming up very soon) that if it's not LDH I'd be shocked.

minah_00: DC KBS is a Korean thread for KBS dramas (usually for upcoming dramas). It is also commonly known as DC Gallery. There are DC threads for MBC, SBS, variety shows and many others.

Thanks tiki and luthien about the news of KJS. Anyone knows how many episodes he will be in Hometown Legends?

All the news from Phantom Entertainment just upsets me. They should just keep quiet.

Hello to all my Chunoholics!!

Thanks tiki and luthien about the news of KJS. Anyone knows how many episodes he will be in Hometown Legends?

KJS? Only the first episode. Every episode is an independent storyline with its own cast. Just like 2008 Korean Ghost Stories/Hometown Legends.

BTW, the relevant links have been provided in my earlier posting. ;)

Guest o-cha

Thanks tiki! That means Kim Ji Suk will have plenty of time to do Chuno...that's good to know.

News articles are now all talking about Phantom vs Chuno Production Team....sighh...gosh Phantom...just shut up already......

Although I guess the good thing is Chuno became one of the top searched news of the day..:lol:

Guest imogene_af

^

yeah now the CHUNO crew is saying that the recent articles is "misinformation" and Phantom is giving out the wrong press release/starting rumors.

They said HHJ was excluded from a candidate list before she announced she'll step back.

:lol: Oh Chuno why you so dramatic?

Guest o-cha

hahahahahhaha..the drama behind the drama...even before there is a Chuno drama...hahahahahahahaha

If I were Han Hyo Joo, I'd bolt out of Phantom ASAP.

anyways most peole in DC KBS also think the same way like us that Da Hae is pretty much 100% the female lead. I'm not taking down Da Hae's pic from the first post unless she officially pulls out of Chuno...lol. I love seeing the Jang Hyuk-Lee Da Hae-Oh Ji Ho tandem already..hehehehe

Guest imogene_af

^

yeah must I say, JTune with their "Not confirmed but her heart is in it..." nudge nudge, wink wink strategy... is kinda getting old.

Guest Jill4675

OJH is lookin' goooooooooood scruffy.

LOL, indeed he is! thunk.gif

wavesmile.gif Hi, all ~ this thread got awfully lively since the LDH news hit...like o-cha, I have to believe it's happening. If not, they are all crazy!!! <_<

sunglasses2.gif

Guest imogene_af

So now news media is calling this HHJ vs CHUNO when in reality it is Phantom who opened their big mouths first. Now HHJ is getting the brunt for it. Chuno made it clear that she was excluded in the list (probably because she wasn't available?) at some point and are offended with Phantom's response. And why is HHJ targetted... when the direct quote didn't come from her but from her company?

Anyway, only bright side is they said they are expecting Lee Da Hae to be the heroine, they're positive she's the female lead, but it is not confirmed... yet.

http://fashion.hankyung.com/apps/news?popu...p;mode=sub_view

Hyukers- where's wils?

Guest Jill4675

Hyukers- where's wils?

That is EXACTLY my question, too!! :huh: wils, please check in soon!!! :) It won't be the same here without our favorite angel-smiley-027.gif

sunglasses2.gif

Archived