Remembering Michael Jackson: You will be loved beyond now and forever

LucasBunny

During MJ's tribute I couldn't pay attention to the dancers and looked at the giant screen the whole time with him actually dancing lol unitil Janet's performance...

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the tribute and I can definitely say that Michael is one of the kind. I tried watching the dancers do their thing but my eyes always go to the screen to where Micheal is. He just shines like that. No one moves like him.

I know

I try not to criticize but man those dancers kinda....bleh but atleast they tried

it's hard for me to see people imitate Michael because he's just so damn good.

It's even hard for me to watch people like Se7en and Rain whom I adore dearly to imitate him because Michael is just so john teshing good.

Aww I loved the VMA's tribute to Michael. Janet doing their dance break with Michael on the screen actually made me teary eyed! A hell of a lot better than the last minute stuff BET pulled out and Janet brought back some of her former dancers when she did "Scream"!

I know but give BET props, they actually did way more tributes throughout the show than MTV did.

I definetly spotted her old dancers, when she was about to break into scream I said "please get those dancers away from her this is not a group dance lol" because it doesnt look right with a bunch of people.

Janet is the only person in the world who can keep up with Michael in terms of dancing, when I watched the Scream video even though they groove different they were 100% in sync, they were not off at all and the amazing part is that they only danced for a few seconds.

I feel so bad for that guy that messed up on the lean.

The poor guy who messed up on the lean. Sad but kinda funny... lol... especially as he was in front.

The tribute was way too short and it's a shame that other artists didn't even remember Michael throughout the show. I didn't actually watch the show, lol... but I ran to my TV after hearing about what Kanye did (LMAO. Again, very pathetic of him but still kinda funny. LOL) and Russell Brand mentioned Michael. He seems like a fan even though I think those tattoos are fake.

I know some of you guys are watching Oprah this week, I'm not but I think you guys shouldn't expect too much. If what I read online is true, I think she's one of those who thinks he's a molester.

Guest angelixer

The poor guy who messed up on the lean. Sad but kinda funny... lol... especially as he was in front.

I gagged when I saw that. :lol: Michael would NEVER. Janet was a little stiff, but it still was one of the highlights of the night for me.

I was like 'awww' during Madonna's speech.

I gagged when I saw that. :lol: Michael would NEVER. Janet was a little stiff, but it still was one of the highlights of the night for me.

Our dear Michael fell sometimes... you can check his video around the 1:04 minute mark. You can see him getting up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBV80E0eQvI

I hope he wasn't too hard on himself (because he was a perfectionist).

I prefer his body in this clip - not too skinny and he looked really healthy. He looked too skinny IMO in the This Is It trailer. Gosh, I wish he had a woman who loved him to take care of him and keep him fed.

Guest angelixer

Our dear Michael fell sometimes... you can check his video around the 1:04 minute mark. You can see him getting up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBV80E0eQvI

I hope he wasn't too hard on himself (because he was a perfectionist).

I prefer his body in this clip - not too skinny and he looked really healthy. He looked too skinny IMO in the This Is It trailer. Gosh, I wish he had a woman who loved him to take care of him and keep him fed.

I take back what I said :lol: Gravity lean failure.

The This Is It footage looked epic though.

It's sad. You try to be the best you can be, but you can lose so much in the process. It's this or that.

You can call me crazy but the VMA's made me realise that there are no real artists anymore. So from this moment onwards I have ZERO interest in almost all the popular artists all the timberlakes,rihannas, britneys,etc.(I had little interest in them to begin with) save for a few occasional exceptions (i.e.George Michael or Alicia Keys and that also depends on their songs) and this thought makes me really SAD because I just realised that no one will ever be able to fill in the vaccuum left by MJ for me :( .....

Guest angelixer

You can call me crazy but the VMA's made me realise that there are no real artists anymore. So from this moment onwards I have ZERO interest in almost all the popular artists all the timberlakes,rihannas, britneys,etc.(I had little interest in them to begin with) save for a few occasional exceptions (i.e.George Michael or Alicia Keys and that also depends on their songs) and this thought makes me really SAD because I just realised that no one will ever be able to fill in the vaccuum left by MJ for me :( .....

There are real artists out there. Millions. They just don't get recognized or signed. They don't fit into pop music or into what kids want to hear nowadays. Ten years from now, I will not be listening to 99% of them (including the girl in my signature). I still listen to at least 50% of popular artists from the past. You mentioned Alicia. I'll definitely still listen to If I Ain't Got You, Fallin' & A Woman's Worth. Those are classics to me.

I take back what I said :lol: Gravity lean failure.

The This Is It footage looked epic though.

It's sad. You try to be the best you can be, but you can lose so much in the process. It's this or that.

Yeah, This Is It would have been amazing. I love the clip of him sliding down the stairs. I wouldn't have seen the show anyway because it was in London but I feel so bad for all the fans who'd planned on seeing it and for Michael himself for not getting the chance to show the world that he still had it. It would have been easier to accept if he'd died from natural causes but this Propofol ish is just too much. ARGH. And if he'd had a woman (going back to this again) he wouldn't have needed anything to get him to sleep. She'd have tired him out :D He should have gone on some blinddates and stuff (if that was possible) instead of getting so used to being a single dad. His bodyguard did say he had a woman but where was she at night? Back on topic, I think watching the documentary is going to make everything so much more painful and tragic because you get to see what it could have been. And he looked happy and excited.

Oh, about today's music... lol, the truth is that I'm pretty much a '90s R&B chick so I stick with that and a few other non-American artists as well. Other than artists like Mariah, Keyshia Cole, Jennifer Hudson and a few others, I pretty much don't listen to any current US artists. For all her antics, I think Lady Gaga is very strong vocally.

There are real artists out there. Millions. They just don't get recognized or signed. They don't fit into pop music or into what kids want to hear nowadays. Ten years from now, I will not be listening to 99% of them (including the girl in my signature). I still listen to at least 50% of popular artists from the past. You mentioned Alicia. I'll definitely still listen to If I Ain't Got You, Fallin' & A Woman's Worth. Those are classics to me.

Yeah I do realise there are alot of talented artists that don't become mainstream but I was focusing on the ones we hear on a regular basis, the shortlived popular music of today. I just didn't express myself clearly lol there are the occasional gems here and there but they pale in comparison to MJ B) and other artists from the past...sigh and they don't have that smile hahaha

Guest boredtiffo

i really am anticipating This Is It, but the only reason that would stop me from watching it would be that it is too painful to watch, i couldn't even get through the trailer...

its like what clockwatcher said about seeing what could have been

i would like to watch that episode of Oprah but i don't think its going to be "fascinating" or anything like that, i think its just all speculation and her opinions about him which might be offensive..i think she has this idea that he is a pedophile b/c she was raped as a child so she's probably more sensitive with things like this

The tribute was way too short and it's a shame that other artists didn't even remember Michael throughout the show. I didn't actually watch the show, lol... but I ran to my TV after hearing about what Kanye did (LMAO. Again, very pathetic of him but still kinda funny. LOL) and Russell Brand mentioned Michael. He seems like a fan even though I think those tattoos are fake.

I know some of you guys are watching Oprah this week, I'm not but I think you guys shouldn't expect too much. If what I read online is true, I think she's one of those who thinks he's a molester.

Yeah and I was scared Russell Brand was going to bad mouth MJ

but he mentioned him throughout.

Yeah I was a lil mad that no one even bothered to thank MJ or mention him but whatever.

About Oprah, to be honest I don't think she thought he was a pedo for many reasons

I think she just jumped the "lets call him jacko and crazy because he lets children into his bed"

bandwagon, also she and Janet are pretty cool and if she felt that way I highly doubt Janet would remain friends with her.

I don't care what Oprah has to say because she plucks my last nerves, but I wanna see behind the scenes of their interview and they might even air the part where Michael shows her his vitiligo so then people can STFU about him bleaching his skin.

I've been saying this for ages,

which is why I hate people like Wondergirls, Drake, SNSD, Lauren Conrad, New Boyz

because they are a disgrace to the music industry.

I grew up on talent like Tevin Campbell, TLC, Mary J Blige, SWV, George Michael, Al B Sure,

New Edition and of course the Jackson family. But the mainstream sucks with the exception of Alicia Keys and a few others which is why I listen to underrated artists.

But Michael's passing makes my hate for the music industry grow stronger because he worked so hard to expose his talent and he played it fair, it's not right that people are half assing their way to fame.

Guest angelixer

they might even air the part where Michael shows her his vitiligo so then people can STFU about him bleaching his skin.

There are so many pictures on the internet showing the blotches. It's sad people ignore it just to make fun.

I grew up on talent like Tevin Campbell, TLC, Mary J Blige, SWV, George Michael, Al B Sure,

And this is why you matter.

There are so many pictures on the internet showing the blotches. It's sad people ignore it just to make fun.

And this is why you matter.

Yeah but people are so stupid

infact him showing the blotches on him arm himself prolly wouldnt do any good.

Stupid people messing with Michael Jackson all the time :angry: :angry:

he honestly did not deserve that harassment.

BTW U know what I find funny, Michael is probably the most famous person on earth

I mean EVERYBODY knows who he is, this man makes people faint just from his presence yet he was always so down to earrth, friendly and never got full of himself...what I find funny is that people who's fame doesnt even compare to his have these nasty cocky arrogant attitudes. RLMAO

Guest MizJudge.d

Aside from Madonna's speech ( too late Mad!), Janet's performance ( felt like it lasted for 10 secs) and the unfortunately hilarious Kayne stage mike grapping from Taylor the vma was bleh. Only thing to watch was really his this is it trailer, but that was a disappointment; seemed like random cliplets were edited together. oh well that's good for me til oct hehe.

Guest angelixer

Yeah but people are so stupid

infact him showing the blotches on him arm himself prolly wouldnt do any good.

Stupid people messing with Michael Jackson all the time :angry: :angry:

he honestly did not deserve that harassment.

Did he also have lupus? I remember people talking about it & I remember seeing him with red blotches on his face too. Very similar to my cousin who has it. I think he did, but I've never heard anyone confirm that.

Janet was a little stiff, but it still was one of the highlights of the night for me.

Janet was good. But when compared to Michael behind her, she was a little stiff. He really is the best.

I am so glad that Madonna made the effort to give her tribute. It made me tear when she spoke about the witch hunt. I was upset when she did not attend either the public memorial or the burial. I'm puzzled why Diana Ross or Liza Minelli didn't.

Guest angelixer

Janet was good. But when compared to Michael behind her, she was a little stiff. He really is the best.

I am so glad that Madonna made the effort to give her tribute. It made me tear when she spoke about the witch hunt. I was upset when she did not attend either the public memorial or the burial. I'm puzzled why Diana Ross or Liza Minelli didn't.

Liza was at the burial, I believe. Some people deal with loss in a different way, for some it might be too much to handle... or they just had to attend another event. It's all good. They all loved and/or respected him, so it's not really an issue.

^ MJ looked so good in that video...i dont really pay attention to what they were talking abt the medication coz i was concentrating on his face all the time lol...geez he looked awesomely hott,,,still missing him so much but i take comfort knowing MJ is in a better place resting peacefully....

Archived