Choi Jin Shil Sued For Being Domestic Violence Victim

is everyone here lacking any kind of rationale? It's a simple breach of contract. It's not even remotely close to being ridiculous, it's actually expected. The only difference between this and Kate Moss getting cut by her advertisers for the coke incident is that obviously Choi Jin Shil was the victim of domestic abuse. That's too bad, and we should all have sympathy for her, but the company exists to make profits, without said profits, their employees and families could all be for a rough time. I know soompi's for teens, but wow...

I’m afraid that it’s not so simple. If it was Jo Ji Hoon and his drug use I could agree because the lawsuit from the sponsor could be justified with his own illegal actions. However, this case raises some really disturbing questions. Choi Jin-Shil was a victim of domestic violence. She wasn’t able to stop her husband or run away from him when he hit her. As far as I can remember the pictures of her injuries were taken by paparazzi. She didn’t release them in the media. Besides, it was established in an earlier lawsuit that she did nothing to cause the beating she received from her husband. These were all unfortunate events far beyond her control. The judges must have been out of their minds to hold her responsible for them. It’s true that business is business and companies exist to make profit but this is immoral. Law should protect the innocent and the victims and not allow greedy and shameless idiots to feed on the misfortune of others.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this comment on Dramabeans' Open thread and I'm posting it again here...

I was really surprised by that news as well.. I didn’t knew that the case was on going even after Choi Jin-shil’s sudden death, and I think its so unfair for her since I don’t think its her fault alone that she became a victim of domestic violence, hope they will let her soul rest in peace once and for all, the sad thing too is her children will shoulder the consequences, without even knowing what really happened to their mom, life is too unfair for her even after death....

Guest natural-retard

She is dead, and what she have left over is for her children. Since she is dead, should she still be liable for this contract? The company should have accomodated her situation, its not like she fell and hit her face because she was doing something outrageous! She got beaten by her husband.

This is disgusting of the company to do this, hy did they not do this when she was alive? It makes more sense to sue a living person. Very wrong indeed, people need to get their priorities checked.

Had the contact not ended they should sue her for not fulfiling her job as a model because she died before the contract ended. Woohoo more money!

Equally wrong and disturbing.

Guest CONSTANCE

i just heard about this ........ wow korea is so messed up, CAN THEY EVEN DO THIS?!?!

shes not even here!!!!!!! geez, just let her rest in peace. so ridicuous its not even funny

Guest MizzprEEETy

That is full BS! Stupid company! She didn't wanna get beat, but she did, how is that her fault?

Guest cosmicbeat.

Korea is getting more and more ridiculous. Being sued because you got abused by your husband ? Fricking ridiculous.

Guest YeonCouture

wow this is just ridiculous.

i love how the company sued her for ruining their reputation when they knew

tht this will be knwon to the public, even ruining their reputation more.

Guest bee_mused

this is the stupidest thing I've ever read in my entire life.

even if it was a breech in her contract, it's not like she intentionally got abused by her husband -___-

If it were something like drugs or inappropriate behavior, then I could understand that. But the situation was out of her hands.

the woman is dead. let her rest in peace.

Guest babyvox012

we all need to boycott, write emails, write letters, and trash talk this company. this is disgusting

Guest loveme.

Wow...

In trying to uphold their reputation, the construction company just...ruined their image. What the heck kind of people decided that this is okay?

Guest supErnova1114

This IS ridiculous.

The poor woman is dead, and yet they're still going after the law suit?!

The children are...what, 8 &6 ? Give them a break.

Archived