Choi Jin Shil Sued For Being Domestic Violence Victim

i thought this was ridiculous
source: allkpop

20090605_choijinshil-2.jpg

1000941020.jpg

a picture of her bruised face. ouch! D:

kp1_2040802q0937.jpg

The Supreme Court has ruled in favor of a construction company that filed a suit against the late Choi Jin Shil. The court ruled that "Models who fail to maintain appropriate dignity as the faces of the products they represent should compensate for the damages caused to their advertiser."

In March 2004, Choi Jin Shil was hired to be the representing model for Shinhan Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd and that if she were to damage the company's reputation, she would have to pay back 500 million won (about $399,361USD). Later in the year, Choi's bruised face, allegedly caused by the abuse of her then husband Jo Sung Min, appeared everywhere. The company filed a suit against her, requesting 3 billion won for the "damages" to their image.

"We use this model so that their image will attract customers," said the Supreme Court in the ruling. "The model's failure to maintain a decent image is a breach of contract." As a model, it was said she is supposed to represent "dignity and happiness." And as the company's model, she is obligated to appear as such.

...wtf? this woman's DEAD. let her death be in peace, at least. now people are SUING HER? this is bs.

gosh i feel so bad for her children. :/

i agree with what The_Lost_City said (from allkpop):

In other words, Choi Jin Shil was successfully sued because her husband was beating her richard simmons, and she wasn't "dignified" or "happy" about it. What I hope is that the company's image is even more tarnished now that they decided to go through with this, nine months after the woman has been dead. It's really sad that her family now has to deal with this, along with the custody battle for Jin Shil's children as well.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mr.pokie

i find it funny how they waited for about 10 months after she is dead to sue her

what a retarded company, omg.

Guest l0vel0vek0rean

It's ridiculous but totally understandable from the company's point of view . . . .

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

Is that even possible?!!! That's crazy. I agree. I hope that the company's image becomes more tarnished by this. How inconsiderate and disrespectful, not to mention dumb.

Guest lamia

Whats crazier than the company's suit is the Supreme Court actually going ahead and entertaining it and then ruling in their favor. Retarded

RIP

Guest papasmurf

even though it's tragic that she died, her/family can't do anything about it. When you work/sign a contract for the company, you have to stay certain level such as clean of using drugs, or causing other scandals that might affect the model as well as the company (this was written on the contract). I mean I've heard of a lot worst case scenario from soompi's current event section. You think this is messed up? go there and read some of their stuff...IT'S FUBAR.

i can understand clean image as in not doing drugs and etc, but this is ridiculous. it's not as if she intentionally wanted to get abused. what the hell is wrong with this company?! and furthermore, what is wrong with the supreme court for ruling in their favor?!

Guest frog

What a law suit? I don't think her family is going to pay the company, will they? She is already dead. Can you sue a dead person?

Guest littlesharkdude

That is RIDICULOUS.

THAT IS EFFING RIDICULOUS.

Wow.

This is just plain stupid. Hope the company images tarnishes badly.

ridiculous...seriously low and hypocritical...I'm disgusted

plus she died already, so now they will take the money from her kids??

not only they have a deadbeat dad, but now they have to lose some of the money

their mom left them because of him and a bogus judicial system... really disgusting.

Guest iisparkii

this is absolutely ridiculous..if this was a problem to them..why didn't they sue her when she was alive and when the incident happened?

stupid company

Guest Miss.Understood

Okay what the hell? Seriously? That's so effn screwed up. What the fck is wrong with them?!

Guest bBy_sT4r

WTF and they decide to file this lawsuit after jinshil's already dead?!

they are sueing he for tarnishing their company's image.... but by sueing her like this they are ruining their own images even more... -_-

Guest crazyfrog

that's so messed up. she was a VICTIM, and all they care about is how she ruined her image? WTF???

this is like the epitome of taking candy from babies...

Guest SuperKyle

im not surprised anymore so much bad shizz and ridiculous things that the Korean gov rules in favor of........ tsk tsk u_______u i just feel for the children theyve dealt with enough already....

Archived