Choi Jin Shil Sued For Being Domestic Violence Victim

Guest kandi

legal system doesn't corellate with ethical standards at times. this being one of them.

economic recession - the company is prbli trying to find every penny they can...even from dead people. disgusting is all i can say.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole law sued is just sad. The company should be ashamed of themselves for doing something so stupid/ridiculous.

Guest lovesicles

What a law suit? I don't think her family is going to pay the company, will they? She is already dead. Can you sue a dead person?

i don't see why not..

people sue for everything and anything.

like that lady who sued mcd's because she spilled hot coffee on herself.

:huh:

Guest dreamyxxx

wtf?!?

that is just ridiculous!

it's ironic how the company is suing her for its reputation when this whole ordeal's just going to make their rep go down the drain

Guest shinhdeplol

what?

omg it's so messed up and ridiculous

she's passed away for 10 months already and now they sue her??/

insane

is everyone here lacking any kind of rationale? It's a simple breach of contract. It's not even remotely close to being ridiculous, it's actually expected. The only difference between this and Kate Moss getting cut by her advertisers for the coke incident is that obviously Choi Jin Shil was the victim of domestic abuse. That's too bad, and we should all have sympathy for her, but the company exists to make profits, without said profits, their employees and families could all be for a rough time. I know soompi's for teens, but wow...

uh seriously?!

she's FREAKIN DEAD..

it's obviously really insensitive that they are suing her after she's DEAD... dead being the keyword.

and not only is she dead but she was a domestic violence VICTIM.

yeah you have a good point that the company exists to make profits... but it'd be a diff. story if she was alive.

why sue her NOW?

her family is obviously mourning. it's really freakin CRAP that they are suing her now.

Shinhan asked for 3 billion won of Choi’s 5 billion won estate left to her children

credit seoulbeats

seriously DISGUSTING. makes me so pissed...

Guest naomz

dudnaito, it's friggin ridiculous because CJS is DEAD! what would they get out of this???????? and come on those bastards should give her and her family a break! i wonder if they (that retardcompany) can still sleep at night.

Guest ang168

Wow. That is friggin' insane! Why would they do that?! Have they no respect for the deceased?! The woman has passed away already! What're they gonna do? Demand that her corpse pay up or go to jail for her "lack of dignity"?! I'm actually feeling my blood boil right now...

Guest angel2nyt

I hope that this company's reputation goes down the drain after this. This is disgusting, unbelievable and ridiculous.

is everyone here lacking any kind of rationale? It's a simple breach of contract. It's not even remotely close to being ridiculous, it's actually expected. The only difference between this and Kate Moss getting cut by her advertisers for the coke incident is that obviously Choi Jin Shil was the victim of domestic abuse. That's too bad, and we should all have sympathy for her, but the company exists to make profits, without said profits, their employees and families could all be for a rough time. I know soompi's for teens, but wow...

Well, I thought Soompi was more mature than this. Seriously, yes I know this is because of a contract, but the woman has already passed away. Her estate is their to make sure her kids has at least something.

So domestic violence is okay, then? Poor her, but who cares, right? What about the image of a company? Why do they have to care about her feelings?

Remember she's ONLY a model for the company, it's not like she's the head engineer there or someone who ACTUALLY works to build their "products".

Guest goodnessgracious

This is repulsive. I thought Korea is a democratic country, but it is obviously not the case with their sexist legal system. Victims of domestic violence should be protected, not sued. Stripping money from the underaged orphans is sick and low. I do hope that there gonna be an appeal. Someone from Korea should probably address Amnesty International, they can help to create a lot of fuss and over rule the court case.

Guest xosandy

WOW. This company has absolutely no sympathy at all. I don't know what else to say except that this is downright pathetic.

When I read the title of this thread before coming in, I was thinking, "Wait-- didn't Choi Jin Shil already pass away?!" This is utterly ridiculous. I mean seriously. The company is so unbelievable.

Guest goodnessgracious

There is no such thing as a simple breach of contract. Contract interpretation is a very complicated thing and you are obviously not very familiar with how Contract Law works, if you are comparing snorting cocaine to domestic violence.

Guest crazyfrog

excuse us for expecting a bit of human sympathy for a DEAD woman.

and i'm sure suing a DEAD woman is definitely in keeping with the 'dignified and happy' image of the company.

Archived