VISITING KOREA

Guest mleung87

Guest JULiiA.

Wow, I wish I knew about this thread beforehand, seeing as how i'm leaving korea tomorrow :(

I did get to visit a few places though, DongDaeMoon and Coex with my cousin. COex is INCREDIBLY crowded, like i've never seen before. And even at 2 AM at night Dongdaemoon is alive and kicking. Theres like literally traffic on the streets at 3AM when we were leaving. :blink:

Becasue everyone else has already named where you should go, my only advice for you is, if you know someone in korea, hang out with them because especially if they have guy friends, its incredibly fun to just hang out as if you were in america. Like go watch a movie, eat, eat, eat, go drink, etc. You notice cultural differences and you have fun. Korean people really drink a lot :excl: my cousin's friend just literally drinks everyday. they just call up all of their friends and drink and its incredible. Have fun :]

OOOH, also dont forget to go to Norebang. Soo awesomely fun :w00t:

i wish i didn't have to go :tears:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CaliforniaSun

I'm all by myself for an internship long story short.

i dont speak korean and im here by myself for 3 weeks! im so bored so far, i dont know what to do?

anyone give me suggestions? im here in gangnam area in seoul.

so far ive been to COEX the clothes were wack and i iddnt like it . the clothes i dont know how to describe it but they looked so plain and they were nothing special.

I also went to dongdaemun it was okay i heard myeongdong is cool

but its like all the same thing where can i go??

Guest love990024501

Look for friends on the internet who lives in the same area and speaks English as well. Are you asian btw? Just wondering. lol

well, are you leagal to drink??? do you have any friends that you know of are in seoul?

when i goto korea, this is how i go about my day (about a 2 weeks of visiting)

-get up and call up friends and tell them to stop texting me

-get something to eat

-get a cab to abgu's mcdonald's which in in front of the galleria

-wait for friends to pick me up

-get some coffee @ paris bakery or some local coffee shop

-catch a movie if anything interesting is playing

-get a bite to eat @ any local rest.

-go get drunk

-go sing for awhile

-go get drunk again

-get a cab back to the hotel where the door man carries me back to my room

**next morning**

-get up greet the hotel employees and buy energy drinks for the front desk manager, the cute receptionist and the door man and saying thanks & sorry about last night.

-get a cab again to gang-nam yuk to get a hae-jang gook with friends.

-goto hongdae and catch a play or small concert

-then repeat the durnkness and making a fool out of myself @ the hotel

**next morning**

-repeat the same morning routine

-get hae jang gook @ nam dae moon

-do some shopping

-goto ee-dae ap or some place and get drunk again

-repeat the stupidness

**next morning**

-repeat morning thing

-have school reunion party and get drunk

-you should know by now what i'm about to say

**next day**

-go clubbing

**next day**

repeat this couple times and maybe have a short trip out side of seoul

yea, i'm pretty much drunk the whole 2 weeks whenever i'm in korea...

Guest jchoi

Haha im like 10min from you in 순룽 , im here for an internship too which ends at the end of this month

in korea there isn't much to do except drink and club at night

during the day just sight seeing and shopping

eating is always good too, sometimes its fun just to walk down side streets see what they have and buy some food from the street vendors etc

Guest CaliforniaSun

Haha im like 10min from you in 순룽 , im here for an internship too which ends at the end of this month

in korea there isn't much to do except drink and club at night

during the day just sight seeing and shopping

eating is always good too, sometimes its fun just to walk down side streets see what they have and buy some food from the street vendors etc

gah i dont like the food here lol :(

its so hard to get a good meal everything the portions are so small even at burger king. their salads are teeeeeeeeeeeeny. i just want something healthy and fulfilling that doesnt cost a whole lot of $$$$$$$

i went to subway and got a roast beef sandwich and seriously it was a foot long but they only put like 4 slices of roast beef WTF!? in the states they PILE it on

what do u do for fun???

im here by myself i dont have any friends here

im not even Korean

Guest CaliforniaSun

hey mleung what do u guys do in this program youre talking about??

are u still in korea? im also chinese and i dont speak koreanand staying in seoul right now

Guest COREAN

honestly if you don't have any friends or know anyone then you won't have that much fun. just try to make a friend and go chill with them

Guest *lilyisland*

I am back from Seoul...gosh...I held an umbrella in all my pix coz it was raining all the time!!!!But anyway, it was fun and people were helpful to me and my friend ..... I guess the rain is over by now...But anyway, I am glad that at least we could get to the top of Seoul Tower and visited Everland....

Guest Lyline

I'm only 18, well going on 19 right now and that makes me legal in Korea which is great. HAHA. I look really young so they do card me, but then I'm legal - so I think that's a good age to go! I went to Korea alone, joining an international study type of program. It's a GREAT way to meet a bunch of great people :) I've made lots of friends here, haha, always busy. I'm staying at a Ha Suk (lodging house) right now, and it's cheap and pretty convenient. It costs me about $25 per night with breakfast and dinner provided, but it really depends. My plane ticket was free because I had Air Miles :) So I'm not really sure about that. Sorry! Hope I've answered all your questions :)

only $25/night? wow...that's pretty cheap. do they have a website or any contact info? i'm going to korea next month and i'm planning on staying at namsan guest house. it's like $40/night. so it'll be better if i can find something cheaper so i can stay longer hehehe :phew:

i've been to korea 4 times but i had no luck in bumping into celebs >.< hope i meet some celeb this time!

Guest leajade1013

FAVORITES IN SEOUL:

areas to hang out: Myeong-dong, Sinchon, Hongdae

bars: Zen 2 and Zen 3, both which are in Sinchon.

The best place where I got soju cocktail was at Zen 3. Order the apple flavor!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chunsa

when you go shopping they follow you around. it's really annoying. i hate it.

they really want you to buy their product that badly -_-

and you never have to pay tip in korea!! not at restaurants or taxi.

(i love this. american should be the same way.)

so if you share taxi with friends its actually pretty cheap!!

but bus and subway is more convenient.

Guest itcomeswithpepsi

I love that place....

My dad's side lives there so I've been there a lot

And i <3 swimming so I always visit the beaches...

Archived