VISITING KOREA

Guest mleung87

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DKYang

^Agree, with my experience there so far. I visited my uncle there in June this summer and the only good thing about Busan is the beaches. He tooks me to some national parks? Dunno if that what you call it and the tower. Wasn't really fun for me but maybe that's because we only had like 5 hrs before I had to go to Daegu and I didn't have any friends in Korea, only cousins. -.-""

Guest DKYang

Ahh pooie. I was in Incheon during the time you posted. Only if I came here more often back then we could have just met and hang out.

Anyways, I stayed there for like 2 weeks, nothing to do at all. Soooooo boring. So I just played cpu games or watched tv lol. If I knew my way around I would have just randomly gone up to people and ask if they knew english, lol. I plan to do that next time I go with a friend.

Guest cheeky_anjie

definitely go to the full house! it's 10-minute boat ride from sammuk harbor :)

just curious... is full house always open to public? or does it have to be on a tour trip? :unsure:

Does anyone know where a good place is to get posters and CDs of various artists in Seoul? I have been to Kyobo and Evan Records (COEX), and both did not have what I was looking for. I am especially looking for posters, and I don't mean posters of Bi, Bae Yong Jun, Lee Jun Ki, and Choi Ji Woo.

Thanks!

Guest hpnotiq

I really don't get what you're saying about you not wanting posters of certain people. Don't think it really matters.

Anyways there's so many cd stores in Korea, but I don't think you'll be able to find that many posters. From what I know, posters are promotion items so unless the artist you're looking for just released a cd, I doubt you can find them. Plus you don't need to buy posters. They come free when you buy the artist's CD.

There's a really nice media store called Music Library (if you've watched Mnet's Hiphop Drama Break, you'll know what it looks like). Its in Apku but its really hard to give directions so just ask around. Music Library has mostly all the cd's that come out & movies too.

Or just go to Myungdong & walk around & there's a few cd stores. They're usually pretty small, but they have a variety of music.

Thanks. I mentioned that I didn't want posters of those few people, because I have come across them several times (aimed at Japanese tourists). You know, along with the Bae Yong Jun socks and the like.

Guest Trejiiten

in the past, synara records had posters by themselves (the one in central city did anyways). some of the other places might have some available for sale. if they do, they might even have the big promotional posters that they get to advertise a new cd (the ones that can cover a large portion of the wall) for sale.

also, magazines tend to come with posters (granted they come folded), so there's another option

ok so i think its time for me to open an account but i have no idea whats a good bank to go to in korea??? cause i'm scared that i'm gonna get scammed or something...i should have payed more attention in economics - -;;

also whats a difference between a savings account and a checking account??? does it matter where i put the money in?? does korea have such things?? sorry if these are stupid questions but i honestly don't know anything >,< i dunno where to start cause i just make money and end up spending it all.

Guest Trejiiten

i use shinhan, theyve got pretty decent service.

some friends of mine use woori, which is pretty good as well.

the only downside with banks in korea is their hours, 9:30-4:30 monday-friday...really sucks when I'm working cause I'm working from before banks open till they close (makes wanting to transfer money home a problem)

a savings account is simply that, savings. it's meant for saving only. it's money you don't want to touch until you saved enough for whatever it will be used for (like a house, car, student loans, marriage, etc)

a checking account is basically your "spending money" bank account. that's the one you use simply for spending money. most people have a checking account because they don't feel like using the interest rates provided with savings (and there's like a charge with savings accounts under a certain amount at some banks....same goes with checking [in the states anyways])

much thanks for the help i'm planning to open up an account by next week at least that way i have some money to put into my account.

i hear woori bank is good and i was leaning towards that...hmmm but i'll check out shinhan bank

hmm i always thought that citi bank was a u.s. bank guess i was wrong

again much thanks for the help everyone ^^

Guest moonsite

With a saving account, you usually get a higher interest rate than a checking account. A checking account though will allow you to write check to pay off bills.

Guest lilaznhunnie

I just came back from korea this afternoon. Loved the convenience of the transportation system. Coex was awesome. shopped there a total of 9 times in order to have the full coex shopping experience. Took the subway to lotte world.. saw nothing but a giant swarm of adolescents in front of the tickets booth.. and then i realized it was saturday T.T but gosh... u will never go hungry in korea. the food is freakn awesome :] lots of other stuff that i might go into further discussion some other time~

Guest luvxholic

ah i just got back last week....i miss korea soo much!!! the weather was disgusting though!! hope you're all having fun!

hey guys im traveling to korea soon, and im beginning to plan my trip..well

whats the best hotel to stay at in seoul? im talking about 4-5 star ....

and any other advice i'd appreciate it..=)

oh yeah , does anyone know if they allow audience during filming of xman and love letter? Im not sure..if they do that there liek they do here in the U.S??

Hmm ... the Lotte Hotel which holds Lotte World and Department Store is prety well known.

Also, I believe the Sheraton Hotel there is really nice.

I don't think there are audiences for X-man/LL unless it's a special. I'm not completely sure though. They usually do it in a studio and is 'scripted' as I've heard.

Mods should move this to the Soompi Network section. You'll get more help there. :)

Archived