Vietnamese At Soompi

Love1403

Guest tinhieu

I'm Nam. I'm actually from Da Lat.

Vietnamese with Bac dialect are hard for me to understand.... but Hue dialect is even harder for me to understand.

Strange, but for me (bc I'm a Nam), I kinda think Nam is Canadian English compared to Bac as kinda like British English. LOL

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm a NAMmer =] although my dad's a Bac

he got converted because of my mom, but both of them can speak Bac, Hue and Nam

i'm ok with modified Bac, but i dont understand anything when in Hanoi!! =(

can't even decipher what my paternal grandma says when she speaks to me...i feel pretty stupid

Guest Anneant96

i honestly don't know what kind of vietnamese i speak, as i barely speak viet... But my mum's side is from Da Nang and my dad's is from Nha Trang... ^^ my viet is different from the dialect that is spoken with my mum's side... i can understand them but it's hard :L My mum says i speak the viet that is spoken in saigon.... the 'proper vietnamese' and she calls it... idk ^^"

Guest ariel_vn

Did you hear abt Cantho?? I'm in there...Nam of Vietnam :x

It's a beautifull city w Hau river...and I love my city-my country <3

Guest jinjingji

My mom's family and parents were orginally from Hanoi, then moved to Saigon where my mom was born. She speaks with a Nam accent, but uses some Bac words. My dad however, was born and raised in Hue. So I'm a mixture of everything. :D

Guest MELLOWMANACE

I was born in Da Lat(southern VN) but I speak with a northern accents because my parents were originally from the north. laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kurayzeexivy

I'm Bac. My parents were born in the south but since my grandparents are northern, they learned to speak with the Bac dialect. I can understand nam dialects, but not all the time lol. Hue, I can't understand at all. A lot of my friends who are nam say they think I talk funny.

Guest ohNO not Vivix3

When I went to vietnam, my relatives told me I have a mixture of bac and nam when I speak, but originally my parents told me they were bac.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Maddie0407

I'm Bac, but lived part of my childhood in the South (Saigon area). My accent is not the heavy Bac kind like from people in Hanoi, but it's pretty light. I can understand all accents pretty well (Nam, Trung, Hue). :D

Guest ritaruan

I am... a mixture of bac and nam. My father is nam and my mother was originally bac but moved into nam later. I somehow happen to think bac accent sounds cuter than nam, so I tend to speak Viet with more of a bac-ish accent. I understand Viet with both of these accents. Vietnam definitely have accents that are harder to understand than bac and nam.

Archived