Love1403

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HJIN91

lol

I'm bac but I can understand alitte bit of nam n trung ha ha

it seem there're not many VNese here rite^o^

shouldn't you ask "how many are bac, nam and trung as well?

because all three have their own accents/dialects....

I'm nam and I can understand all three. Sometimes it may be harder for me to understand the other two, but not often.

one main difference I noticed (between bac&nam) is that bac sorta reads the word the way it's spelled,

and nam reads it differently... the 'v' sounds sort of turn 'y' (or the vietnamese d w/o the line on it(?) )

ex. bac: Viet Nam > nam: Yiet Nam.. (or actually.. probably more like "Yiec Nam....") ish.... "di ve nha" > "di ye nha"

.... I'm probably explaining it wrong.. and it's not like this for ever single word... and it makes nam sound really... confusing? but it actually isn't. I(dont think im being bias when i say this,) think that nam sounds more... pretty? ><

note: ^I did not use any viet characters while giving examples and when I said 'y' sound, I meant it as a 'y' in "yoyo", "yellow", etc...)

nam's would say bac and trung have accents, and vise-versa... and I guess all three have 'accents' because they're all different dialects.... lol XD

correct me if im wrong... :x

I didn't includes trung, cause I hadn't meet a lot of people who are Trung, or use trung accent.

The two accents I know most people talking about is nam and bac, and that they find it difficult to understand each others.

Yeah what you say is right, but you used Y, but actually we nam are saying with D alot.. a V is like a D..;P

I dont know but I kinda think bac has a very "hard" pronounce of viet words, like when you pronounce it as the way it's written. I as a nam, feel that nam accent is more soften. *My opinion*

You bac may think the oppsites about us nam right?;P

---------------

I think there is a lot of viet in soompi, but I dont think many of them are going to this "general discussion" thread. So many might not even know or had seen about this thread.

Guest skeezeee

^ Why do you say 'you bac' and 'us nam' o__o .. I find that sorta .. offensive, idk why. &she used a 'y' because she's using that as an example of how you would PRONOUNCE it.

I'm half and half, you can sometimes hear me say the northern dialect, but it's really soft. I can understand both dialects fine, plus hue o_o

Guest ephemeral.

Well, I'm Canadian, but my parents come from the south, so yeah.

I speak nam. I have a weird accent or voice that kills everything though.

I have a few friends who speak bac, we can understand other enough. xD

Guest xxxxxxx

My mom was from the north, my dad was from the south. Somehow, I speak Bac. People always ask me if I'm from the north.

I grew up/ was born in the states so I guess I have more of an american accent to it :)

Guest dianalikesbutts

what is trung accent? i never heard of it before

i have a nam accent, can't really understand hardcore bac speakers

Guest mango-iee

My Vietnamese side is Nam. ^ ^

I have a hard time understanding Bac though. . . they kinda switch the words around in a sentence . . . ? > <

Guest BattleRoyale

im nam. i have friends who speak Bac. It's hard to understand but i can make it out. at one point i thought my friend was speaking chinese... didn't understand a thing .__.

Guest PoooBear

im nam. i have friends who speak Bac. It's hard to understand but i can make it out. at one point i thought my friend was speaking chinese... didn't understand a thing .__.

Maybe because Bac's are so close to the Chinese that the accent resembles?

I dunno, that's how I've always justified it xD

My friend's grandma has a trung accent, I was like :huh: when she spoke to me.

My dad had to translate, then she thought I didn't understand vietnamese -_-

Guest rufflezz

I'm a Nguoi Nam :) But sometimes when nguoi Bac Ky or nguoi Trung talks to me.. oh man, I feel so lost.

Guest Lee Hyun-Shik

uhmm my mom comes from ha noi and my dad comes from saigon so...yeah...i think i understand nam a lot better though lol

Guest velvetsky

I'm nam rofls most of the time when I can't make out what a bac person is saying I just nodd my head and pretend I understand them :X

Guest blackvelvetfever

I'm Nam. :)

I seriously don't understand what the people with the Bac accent say most of the time :mellow:

Archived