NEWS~ *North, East, West, South!

Guest oh!kura

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mihsayam

Watched that performance, the heart things were cute, but the only people whom I saw doing it was Massu and Shige. Anyway, too bad Massu didn't proceed with sumo wrestling. He would have brought a lot of girls to be interested in the sport - sumo matched will now have matching fangirls waving Massu uchiwas. Haha. Anyway, is it me or Ryo seemed a little lacking in energy in this performance. He doesn't look too happy either. Yamapi was hot in pumping up the crowd and I really like Tegoshi's current hairstyle. Still that boy's (or should I say young man?) voice is just getting better by the day. As it seems, Koyama-Shige moments brighten up the atmosphere.Anyway, I hope these guys do another Abake if they guest on Shokura. That would be pretty neat, don't you think?

Guest harukers

^ tego's really tan. XD

i think it was probably because of the thailand trip for itte q~

and also the fact that none of them use sunblock/sunscreen, except yamapi. XD

the HAPPY BIRTHDAY single is up for d/ling on yamapi85's livejournal~ :D/

I couldn't help it but d/l it. D: Now it's not as exciting when I get my singles. D:

Oh well. XD it was worth it. :D I'm really liking "Push On!" :D

Guest kawaii30ph

i also saw in other forums that their single Happy Birthday is ready for dloading...

couldn't help myself. just want to hear them... but i'll definitely buy that cd...

shiget, thanks for sharing the links for their performance.

they will also perform tonight, right?

Guest Shiget^

sorry guys i havent been updating i was gone for a few days ^^;;

anyways last monday NEWS performed their second HAPPY BIRTHDAY performance on HEYHEYHEYSP:

and wendy already subbed all the NEWS parts:

http://newshfan.livejournal.com/58457.html

included the parts where they were in the tram, perfume, tegoshi's part and then theyre talk and performance ^^;; i didnt really like their performance because it sounded really bare because they didnt have background vocals so it sounded very bare and sabishii :( anyways im looking forward on friday for their music station performance ^^

but the talk made up for it plus lots of NEWS RABURABU massu was sitting on tegoshi's lap (well sorta LOL) ROLFMAO

Guest mihsayam

sorry guys i havent been updating i was gone for a few days ^^;;

anyways last monday NEWS performed their second HAPPY BIRTHDAY performance on HEYHEYHEYSP:

and wendy already subbed all the NEWS parts:

http://newshfan.livejournal.com/58457.html

included the parts where they were in the tram, perfume, tegoshi's part and then theyre talk and performance ^^;; i didnt really like their performance because it sounded really bare because they didnt have background vocals so it sounded very bare and sabishii :( anyways im looking forward on friday for their music station performance ^^

but the talk made up for it plus lots of NEWS RABURABU massu was sitting on tegoshi's lap (well sorta LOL) ROLFMAO

It was pretty funny especially when Perfume was telling why they picked Tegoshi and not Yamapi. And A-Chang saying how in her school, you aren't really required to study. :sweatingbullets: Tegoshi's pretty much the center of the whole Hey3x thing, don't you think? They tried to get Yamapi to speak too but the other NEWS boys were pretty much silent. I miss it when Koyama was doing all the talking! But that Tegomass ai moment was a sure win! Oh, and Aoyama's moonwalk is really tight. I totally loved how NEWS interacted with the other artists in this episode. Thanks for the link!

Guest Shiget^

ORICON SINGLES DAILY CHARTS DAY1:

2444o4gcw0.th.jpgthpix.gif

they got 45K for day one its a bit low for compared to their previous singles, but i think it will get higher in the coming days i think they will get the 200K mark by the end of the week ^^ thats what it says on the prediction charts.

and theyre number 2 is only 8K so no worries (am i suppose to worry?) LOL

Guest mihsayam

2444o4gcw0.th.jpgthpix.gif

they got 45K for day one its a bit low for compared to their previous singles, but i think it will get higher in the coming days i think they will get the 200K mark by the end of the week ^^ thats what it says on the prediction charts.

I think it's fine considering the current season of J-pop, it's not like peak season or something. I think singles sell better when released during summer or spring seasons, so I guess we don't need to fret much. Still much better than a lot of artists consider Happy Birthday is not their best song plus the fact it does not have a drama or film tie-in.

Guest TVXQ<3

Isn't it multiplied to 1.5 something?

so, 45K times 1.5 something equals the copies sold. I'm not really sure about it but I remember from DBSK thread that it has to be multiplied with certain number because they want to consider the sales from other charts that don't include in Oricon charts.

Anyhow, Congrats to NEWS!

Speaking of Nationality: I'm a Pinoy too :D

I wish Yamapi or NEWS will come here in the Philippines.

EDIT:

I ordered a copy too. And it's my first time buying their single!

V

Guest milkdud

I actually ordered a copy of happy birthday! Its the first single I've bought of theirs~ I'm really excited I can't wait until it comes in :wub:

Guest Shiget^

mihsayam

it actually also depends on the single too because last year weeeek got 64K on its first day ^^;; so yeah but i dont know NEWS' sales are going down each single, but its okay theyre not the only ones whos singles been going down ^^;; but they still remain in the 200K mark so its still good ^^

TVXQ<3

Yeah, i know that but i dont actually do that. its true these are the raw sales for day one these are actually the pre orders that were made in the local stores um but daily singles charts dont actually count most of the sales so even you add them all up its kinda different from the weekly charts because they put other stores, pre orders online there.

Oh thats cool :D soo many pinoys :D i hope they do come here :(

I bought the single too but i dont think it will come out soon because i ordered another single and it will be released on Oct 23 so they go shipping together ^^

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

I just bought their Happy Birthday single today. Originally I wasn't going to buy it because I don't really like the song. Don't get me wrong, the tune is really catchy, but the song is just a little cheesey for me. Anyways, I gave in and bought it because I want to support them and the Ltd. Ed. cover was just too good. Everybody looked so good on the cover.

I think the sales could've been better if their PV was better made. We saw the results of a GOOD PV w/ Cherish and Weeeek. Taiyou no Namida and Summer Time had good PVs too and their sales were good.

Hopefully sales will improve once they go on MS. I remember their Summer Time sales increased after their MS performance (which was the best Summer Time performance imo).

Johnny is definitely depending on LOYAL NEWS FANS to keep NEWS sales up/consistent because NEWS gets the least promotion out of all the groups. They don't have a weekly TV show like the other groups nor do they have a lot of group activities.

Whoops... forgot to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Nancy. I've been a NEWS fan since Spring of 2006? I was introduced to NEWS through Yamapi after watching Nobuta and Kurosagi. Unfortunately, NEWS was on hiatus during 2006 so I watched A LOT of their old clips and performances. To me, NEWS is a pretty boring group, but for some reason, I still like them. I still get giddy whenever there's "member ai" during perf., concerts, or j-web. I think I like them because each member contributes to the group and even though Yamapi is probably the most popular member in the group, he doesn't always have the spotlight on him (which I find annoying in other groups) and lets the other members talk. Although Yamapi is my favorite member, Koyama has a special place in my heart because he is the GLUE that keeps NEWS together.

Anyways, I started buying their CDs and DVDs when they made their comeback w/ "Hoshi wo Mezamini coopere" and have been supporting them since. The only single I didn't buy was Taiyou no Namida because I thought the song was too similar to their old songs in their TOUCH album and I didn't really like it as much. I used to buy magazines too, but those were getting expensive (10$s ea. mag?!!!), so now I only buy it when there's a poster of NEWS (smart shopper).

One of my wild dreams is to go to Japan and attend one of NEWS's concerts and just stock up on NEWS goodies while I'm there. I think their live performances are really good in terms of singing live and dancing.

Oh my gosh, such a long post. Sorry about that.

Can't wait to see their performance on MS. I LOVE their performance on HEYHEYHEY. It was definitely LIVE and it was GRRREAT!!!

Guest Shiget^

I think the only single i dont have is SUMMER TIME well i have it/just bought it but no limited, because it was my critical times i had no money to buy T_T anyways

speaking of sales, NEWS had been getting this bad rumour that their balloting entries were soo bad, meaning not many people were balloting like it was suppose to be. like the company expects more than 470,000 ballots coming in but it seems like they've been getting below 470,000 and NEWS is in critical condition because they might end up like HEY!SAY!JUMP like theyre just giving away the tickets to fanclub members. so JOHNNYS is devising a plan to make a surprise guest to boost sales.

actually when i heard that i thought it was actually true because the deadline had passed but johnnys extended the deadline, i dunno probably give time for fans to ballot and ballot more.

i was sad when i heard that news but when what catched me was surprise guest, BECAUSE I WANTED IT TO BE UCHI AND KUSANO, seriously those two are the only ones who can boost that sales up everyone will go and buy the tickets.

but then OFFICIAL NEWS came out today on JOHNNYS NET, JOHNNYS ADDED 2 MORE SHOWS FOR THE NEWS TOUR. so its a conflict information with the rumour, if NEWS really had bad balloting entries then why would JOHNNYS add two more shows for them?

theyre just probably creating a rumour so that more and more people will ballot or something ;__;

Guest mihsayam

I think the only single i dont have is SUMMER TIME well i have it/just bought it but no limited, because it was my critical times i had no money to buy T_T anyways

speaking of sales, NEWS had been getting this bad rumour that their balloting entries were soo bad, meaning not many people were balloting like it was suppose to be. like the company expects more than 470,000 ballots coming in but it seems like they've been getting below 470,000 and NEWS is in critical condition because they might end up like HEY!SAY!JUMP like theyre just giving away the tickets to fanclub members. so JOHNNYS is devising a plan to make a surprise guest to boost sales.;

Uchi and Kusano can't come back at this time, since Kusano is in the US and it would be pretty awkward to only let Uchi return. Perhaps it is now time to give NEWS their own tv show, it is known that they receive the least promotions out of all JE groups. I don't really care if anyone says that they're boring or anything since they could probably work that out. Honestly, Shige and Koyama are enough to put up a show and all. :lol: More exposure would definitely boost up their sales.

It'd be nice if they make a rock-ish song with super choreography as their next single. I love their image as dandy boys, carrying the nice boy-next-door image out of the JE bands, but maybe it is time for a change. All of them are in their 20s now, so it could be appropriate. Don't take this seriously though, just a suggestion. B)

I think the sales could've been better if their PV was better made. We saw the results of a GOOD PV w/ Cherish and Weeeek. Taiyou no Namida and Summer Time had good PVs too and their sales were good.

Hopefully sales will improve once they go on MS. I remember their Summer Time sales increased after their MS performance (which was the best Summer Time performance imo).

Johnny is definitely depending on LOYAL NEWS FANS to keep NEWS sales up/consistent because NEWS gets the least promotion out of all the groups. They don't have a weekly TV show like the other groups nor do they have a lot of group activities.

Whoops... forgot to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Nancy. I've been a NEWS fan since Spring of 2006? I was introduced to NEWS through Yamapi after watching Nobuta and Kurosagi. Unfortunately, NEWS was on hiatus during 2006 so I watched A LOT of their old clips and performances. To me, NEWS is a pretty boring group, but for some reason, I still like them. I still get giddy whenever there's "member ai" during perf., concerts, or j-web. I think I like them because each member contributes to the group and even though Yamapi is probably the most popular member in the group, he doesn't always have the spotlight on him (which I find annoying in other groups) and lets the other members talk. Although Yamapi is my favorite member, Koyama has a special place in my heart because he is the GLUE that keeps NEWS together.

Anyways, I started buying their CDs and DVDs when they made their comeback w/ "Hoshi wo Mezamini coopere" and have been supporting them since. The only single I didn't buy was Taiyou no Namida because I thought the song was too similar to their old songs in their TOUCH album and I didn't really like it as much. I used to buy magazines too, but those were getting expensive (10$s ea. mag?!!!), so now I only buy it when there's a poster of NEWS (smart shopper).

One of my wild dreams is to go to Japan and attend one of NEWS's concerts and just stock up on NEWS goodies while I'm there. I think their live performances are really good in terms of singing live and dancing.

Not saying that the videos are bad, but yes, they're in dire need of better ones. And it's not like Johnny's not profiting from NEWS. But hey, at least the current PVs are better than Kibou Yell.

But I agree, Koyama surely loves his members. He's a pretty crucial member in the unification of NEWS, I can imagine the group without him...it would be pretty awkward. He is surely the mother figure of the group, and from what I see, he's the member who likes writing a lot about the group on his jweb. :)

Guest Shiget^

^

whats MEMBER AI if theres no a Koyama Keiichiro in it ^^;;

Agreed i think JOHNNYS should seriously give them a chance theyre the only group without a show, oh well HSJ doesnt really have a show for all of them but at least they have a show where they can perform and stuff, NEWS has none ;__;

and yes definately KOYASHIGE could host a show just look at SHOUNEN CLUB, seriously one of the best episodes ever, it wasnt awkward and it was really funny XDD (IM STILL MAD AT NHK FOR NOT SHOWING SHIGE STRIPPING THO T_T)

rock? im okay with it since most of the members are into that genre, i think you can see that in their concerts, but i dont know LOL rock is a bit far from JOHNNYS image thats whyLOL but i agree theyre growing up and they should change a little bit of their sound but not totally i like the way they sound :D

Archived