[drama 2009] The Accidental Couple - That Fool 그바보

Guest White Star

Guest erika.march1993

I just finished watching this drama and I have to say it was great. I wish it got higher ratings during its run - whoever didn't watch this drama is really missing out. They were all so cute in the end. I wonder if Sang Chul returned to Australia?

thats why they should do a season 2! lol.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kinetics14

It might be easier to just check her wiki page or use google (search: "박하선" or "Park Ha Sun" or "Park Ha-Seon")

According to the wiki she's been in:

- I Can't Stop

- That Fool

- Hometown Legends

- Powerful Opponents

- The King and I

- Capital Scandal

- Love Needs a Miracle

Thanks for the info semi. Don't you go on ssf too? Your user name looks very familiar

Guest kazenai

I doubt they'd make season 2, if you don't remember, Kim Ah-joong had not accept to star in 200 Pounds of Beauty 2 due to the 'sequel factor' , besides do you honestly see a creative storyline to open in season 2? What happens next? Ji Soo gets into another scandal? and the story reruns?

Sadly, I think no one should get there hopes up! Though I remember Last Scandal was going to get a season 2 even if the couple got married, you never know. (Honestly, I unno which side I'm on but I wouldn't mind a Season 2)

But, I really really enjoyed this drama, it definately tought us lessons. I adore Kim Ah Joong ! I started liking his drama just right after there trip to Guam when Jisoo started acting cute and Min Ji,Park Kyung Ae even lil sensitive Sang Chul made the story so funny ! ^.^

I'd give it a 4/5. It lacks something which I can't seem to point out but the pace that it went at after the Guam trip was very well done! I hope to see more from Kim Ah-joong !

(BTW any1 know which other drama had a wedding or scene in that church in Guam where Jisoo and Dong Bak took pics, I've seen it in a korean drama before but I can't remember)

Guest enterfacirhplar

love this drama!! such a feel good drama you don't often see on k-dramas. does anyone know who sang the "over the rainbow" song in the end?

:huh: .. I suppose.. That FOOL would be KM.. since he's left with nothing.. no JS.. not even his fiance.. no mayor for his father.. no reputation.. no happiness.. no love..

But... He still has Canada, hasn't he? The wide open spaces. The green forests. The snow. The canoe treks. The French girls...

But... He still has Canada, hasn't he? The wide open spaces. The green forests. The snow. The canoe treks. The French girls...

Yup.. he's one lucky fool indeed.. for awhile KM may feel the sting of regret losing JS to DB (not that it will affect him too much, their love simply wasn't strong enough to last).. but because it was practically his idea.. although pushed by the father obviously.. to let the woman he's supposedly to be so in love with.. marry another man.. no matter what the pre-conditions were. That was one really foolish idea to begin with.

Guest cqduoluo

check my box.net on my signature.. don't quote image it's against soompi rules..

Batch torrent for E01-E16 END..

http://www.box.net/shared/op4vbtb5lv

Very sorry!

I don't know the rules, in fact, my English is very poor, a lot of words to use translation software to understand ... ...

Thank you very much, I find your box,I found 그저 바라 보다가.E08.090521.HDTV.X264.720p in your box.

But I did not find I need the other.

In fact, I have 그저 바라 보다가 ep01-ep16 of 450p and Ental, missing only the 720p of the five sets, e01, e02, e03, e08, e09.

In any case, thank you for your help!

감사합니다!

Guest White Star

It's not just you - I thought the "real" dress was horrible.

And the stuff on her head...

i actually like the dress....it's short and modern and a traditional twist.....represent their wedding to be simple.....nothing fancy....and not just show, but still according to tradition with family and friends. it's a summer casual wedding....dress.

i wouldn't actually choose that particular dress.....but it does fit with the occasion.

i'm not a fan of the feathers on her head either....but it's better than that flower thing....that is a bit cliche and too fairytale-ly

Guest tirahbunny

Every ones eyes are uneven. One eye is bigger than the other and one eye is higher than the other. And guess what? One hand is bigger than the other, one foot is bigger than the other and on and on.

he just need to practice his other eye to squint it a little bit to match with the other eye! :lol:

I love the ending, it was a feel good ending. I thought the wedding dress was a nice touch, it matches with DB's personality, and meaning to say she's also following his style..DB all the way! JS(KAJ) is too pretty!

well yes I knew that, but his are so obvious! it's like a deformity lol.

Guest bitter SOOweet

Does anyone know who plays the bodyguard?

I think he's cute and funny, haha.

i concur! haha

man i can't believe its over

i liked the drama a lot

it was def a cute one

and Gu Dong Baek was such a lovable character from start to finish :)

Guest Fallin_st4rz

I doubt they'd make season 2, if you don't remember, Kim Ah-joong had not accept to star in 200 Pounds of Beauty 2 due to the 'sequel factor' , besides do you honestly see a creative storyline to open in season 2? What happens next? Ji Soo gets into another scandal? and the story reruns?

Sadly, I think no one should get there hopes up! Though I remember Last Scandal was going to get a season 2 even if the couple got married, you never know. (Honestly, I unno which side I'm on but I wouldn't mind a Season 2)

I agree i think the ending is sufficientli perfect as it is(love it :)) there's not much more to have a sequel to, however the only thing that bothers me is the relation between Sang Chul and Min Ji :) if i recall correctli it did not indicate whats gona happen to them or watsoever or maybe theres isnt anything betw them heh.

Great drama wud reccomend to anyone who loves com-rom drama its the best '09-drama to me so far. All the acting was brilliant, the plot was simple but captivating and so was the romance, its so cute :wub:

Main things that have me interested in this drama:

1)Hwang Jung Min (DongBaek)- His acting was just flawless and so convincing, naturally cute. Best acting in drama imo.

2)Baek Sung Hyun (SangChul)- 1 word>>CUTE :D i seriously didnt even recognise him from StairWayToHeaven till i look at his thread! so handsome and cute now yet very talented!! Should see his crying scenes, so so natural! howevre his cahracter is abit over sensitive!lol would be great to see more of him in future in sad/com-rom drama.

3)Kim Ah Yong (JiSoo)- maybe its just me but her acting seems just average or could it be cos of her character? as in most scenes her character shows very little emotion or quite stiff at times esp at the beginning, but from middle to the end the acting seem to improve greatly. Her smile is so graceful (cant find a word to fit it) :) and all those drunken scenes of her were hilarious so kawaiii esp when DB gave her a piggieback and then the singing etc..... :wub:

4)Park Kyung Ae- have to give her some credits haha, her appearane realli made the drama more funnier :D she's pretty too, rather than annoying i find her character humorous.

Overall the drama is really worth a watch! if not u're really missing out as a rom-com fans :)

Guest prita

This drama has made me a Hwang Jung-min's fan.....officially ! The storyline isn't great imo but it's HJM's flawless acting as GDB that makes this drama so worth watching.

Guest elisemarco

does anyone know if there are already english translations of the lyrics of the ost ? thanks a lot.

Lately more than a few korean contemporary dramas have been written by scriptwriters who amuse themselves as much as they want to amuse us with their plot twists and turns to keep the viewers guessing until the last episode. Some of us have just only finished watching episode 8 on KBS World, and in case you were wondering BEFORE how this story would end, the writers did give away the most tangible hints in ep 8. There are a few story threads in ep 8 which hinted at the ending.

The key character in ep 8 was the brother Sangchul who told Dongbaek in no uncertain terms after forcing him to spend a bomb in buying new clothes - that he knows he might not have the power to stop Kangmo's father from winning the mayoral election or stop Kangmo to become what he wants but he would do everything in his power to prevent his sister from reuniting with Kangmo. And then his exact words were: I will make her fall in love with you and make this fake marriage real, just as what the rest of Korea wants.

When Jisoo was tucking in Sangchul who was sleeping on the couch, he suddenly told her that she always laughs when she's with DB. That's nice, he said. This remark was further substantiated by Jisoo herself when she drew the smiley face on the black game token.

Later, Jisoo told her manager that it is not in her character to force events to happen, but she would rather tend to simply allow her heart to decide what she wants. This was after the manager intervened to stop a concert date (arranged by Sang chul) between Dongbaek and Jisoo. In ep 8, we see for the first time, some reel REAL signs of affection by Jisoo toward Dongbaek when she used her nail polish to draw a smiley face on the black stone game token.

And when she was angry and sad at seeing douchebag leaving for Jeju with his fiancee and the fact that he lied about going there alone, who did Jisoo turn to? Look again at the ending of ep 8 (notwithstanding the hidden cellphone camera) when she thanked DB for being there at the very beginning (in ep 1) and that she felt very glad that it was him of all possible people, and the she leaned in and put her head on his shoulder?

I've always suspected since watching a few dramas centering around triangular love relationships that a few writers are indeed amusing themselves by throwing in more than a few red herrings (or clues) as to how the story would most probably conclude. I'm convinced that the writers of this drama had (more than) intentionally written those lines and created those scenarios to give us a very definitive idea who Jisoo would choose and how her brother would do his utmost to make that a reality. This drama may well have concluded before ep 16 if not for the unwritten korean drama LAW that says minimum 16 eps per story. So scriptwriters use all kinds of distractions, courtesy of douchebag and workplace and family member subplots to fill in the remaining time before voila!...we get our much expected fairytale garden wedding. Ep 8 was the pivotal moment that swung the main plot towards its inevitable happy conclusion.

You don't have to agree with me and really it doesn't matter even if you don't agree because the drama is already over for many of you guys. But I'm waiting for ep 9 to be shown next week. Slow and steady.

Guest sayroo

bannertf.png

Haru Haru Subs Presents,

That Fool/While I Was Looking

Episode 7 *ENTAL*

Main Translator: jenniferoc

Spot Translators: momo, songbird

Lyrics Translator: songbird

Timer: starstruck

Editor/QC: leesja

Coordinators: sayroo, cute girl

June 22, 2009

‘The Accidental Couple’ Draws Curtain with Happy Ending

The KBS2 drama “The Accidental Couple” aired its final 16th episode on June 18, which saw a happy ending where Han Ji-soo (Kim Ah-joong) and Gu Dong-baek (Hwang Jeong-min) married for real.

85_251_l.jpg

Scenes from the last episode of “The Accidental Couple”

Dong-baek asked Ji-soo to end their contract marriage and divorce him, but Ji-soo said, crying, that she did not want a divorce. He told her, “I was dishonest. Now that I have really gotten to love you, divorce will not be an end but a new beginning. I want to divorce you so that I can start all over again with you. I want to be your real lover.”

Dong-baek was subjected to criticism from his sister as well as his colleagues and Ji-soo’s fans, who even attacked him so severely that he had to be hospitalized. But all these obstacles made Dong-baek and Ji-soo love each other more, and they enjoyed dating secretly and spending other time together.

In a press conference later to announce her divorce, Ji-soo confessed that she had married Dong-baek under a six-month contract but that she had really come to love him and would not divorce him. There, she proposed to him, and they kissed. And they had another wedding amid the blessings of relatives and friends to become a “real” couple.

The episode ended with Ji-soo and Dong-baek’s narration saying, “The six months we first wished would pass in a flash has changed us all. It seems we have grown up a bit. Now we know where true happiness comes from.”

Viewers expressed their impressions on the drama’s web board, saying that they continually smiled while watching it and felt happy after each viewing. They said they were fortunate to watch such an entertaining drama.

Actor Baek Sung-hyun, who played Han Sang-cheol, Ji-soo’s brother, also wrote his feeling about being part of the drama. He said, “I feel as if I will still live as Sang-cheol when I get up tomorrow morning, going to my sister Ji-soo’s home. I feel proud of our drama because all the staff and casting members gave it all they have, and am honored to be a part of this heart-warming, happy drama.”

Meanwhile, “The Accidental Couple” will be replaced by “The Partner,” which deals with the life of young lawyers at a law firm. It stars Cho Chul-ho, Kim Hyun-joo, Lee Dong-wook and Lee Honey.

Source: Behind the Scene l KBS Global

Archived