[drama 2009] The Accidental Couple - That Fool 그바보

Guest White Star

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

The ratings are a little strange, last week two shows were pulling between 15 and 20% respectively and this week their replacements are pulling in ~8 and 13%. Both of these shows were promoted to death ensuring (or hoping) for a similar rating share. What happened?

I don't think it's strange because debut episodes generally don't get the same numbers as the finales. How often do we see Monday-Tuesday & Wednesday/Thursday 9:55pm dramas debuting in the high 10's or over 20%? For daily/weekend dramas, a new show most likely can't open anywhere near those that end in the 40% range.

Sometimes a drama's already earning extremely low number (SBS <Star's Lover>, KBS <Worlds Within>) so it's no surprise that its replacement (SBS <Cain & Abel>, KBS <Boys Over Flower>) opens higher.

rubie: The whole contract side of the story is what makes me think of Full House, well there's more. In some ways the fact that Ji Soo is so head over heels in love with Kang Mo reminds me of the relationship Young Jae had (real or not) with Hye Won. The coming relationship between Ji Soo & Dong Baek kind of reminds me of Star's Lover though after spending months talking about that show it's kind of hard not to see something in everything I watch relating back to it.

Ohh.. yeah.. now that you've mentioned it.. the keyword = contract. :D I really don't remember much about FH :sweatingbullets: .. seen it on tv and that's it but indeed.. there's the obvious "other person" the the main lead is supposed to be so in love with and trying to protect under the pretension of an arranged marriage to another.

Have not seen Star's Lover either :ph34r: but the whole idea of contract marriage for stars to avoid bigger speculation/scandal is really nothing new, huh..

Thanks semi-fly, that's a good point. ^^

Ji Soo wanted to pay him in return for his help .(but also as a way to ask him to keep this a secret )

but alll Gu Dong Baek asked for was 9 autographs!^and he was so overjoyed with it .that he say that is all he need , he doesnt want anything more .

During the scene of him on the bus and she in the van ...she simled at how geniuely happy he is about the gift he had received .. (it was his birthday .^and her autograph was the most wonderful gifts he received )

the manager was wondering if he is really such a rare species or just pure ignorant of how to go about such stuff .normally people will be demanding for more money

at the roof top ..when after everyone was doubting the autographs he had received was real ...the manager asked Gu Dong Baek ..doesnt it make him angry that all those ppl doesnt believe ..him ~~

he said of course he does get upset but still what can he do if they dont believe .as long as he knows .it is a fact that he did met Ji soo and got her autograph ~^ ..

and then the manager handed him an envelope ~~ (which is of course compensation for his help ) lol i like this scene he asked .: you want to send this by express mail ?~!but how come there isnt any address on it ~~

he said it with the utmost belief that she want him to mail it for her .since he is at the post office .~~

she said iit was something they deemed should be given to him .and then you see how his eyes get abit misty .not from the money gift .but ..he asked ....so you still dont believe me , why cant people trust each other ) . i make a promise and i will keep my promise . please believe me .

ah i think that little scene ..make me so want to smack people who doubt this honest man .

1241054499.jpg

Ohhh! It was Dong Baek's birthday! Thanks Shirley for the recap. ^^ No wonder his sister was angry with him for not coming home early but I think DB went to the Awards show as his birthday treat and what could be more precious than his fave actress' autograph. :blush: Can totally understand that.. it really means so much to him, something very significant to him that money could not buy. And he actually got to help her, too.

Helps explain why Jisoo came to DB's workplace with flowers, gift and cake. :D

her manager went back to tell her ..about Gu Dong Baek rejecting the money and also how his coworkers didnt believe his autographs were real and mocked fun of him .. that is why ji soo went there . to make those ppl believed what dong baek said is true ..

the kang mo's father sort of wanted his son to get ji soo with another scandal target , so attention will be off him . the son is engaged they cannot afford to let the future father in law know.

.. well they think Gu Dong Baek is the perfect choice ..which is why Ji soo asked him to come to her house and request if he can pretend to be in a relationship with her

Yup.. agree that Jisoo is doing a favour back to Dong Baek for helping her before, the least she could do. I just didn't realize that it was his birthday ^^ (the flowers + cake ) and indeed.. to have his colleagues mock him because of the autographs.. just terrible. But the good-natured Dong Baek doesn't seem too affected by the treatment.. like he's quite used to it. :D

Though.. it's somehow.. a bit too obvious for Jisoo to come all the way to DB's place to tell everyone there that it was really true. No.. not that it wasn't normal or anything.. but just.. I don't know, they wanted to make a point perhaps. But things will start fitting the puzzle when stories of their 'relationship' starts coming out.

First comes the hints.. then.. the real (albeit pretend) relationship and marriage. :P

Guest hjkomo

I only had time to watch about 15 minutes, but HJM is hoot. :lol: That elevator scene was hilarious! No time for caps right now... :(

Dong Baek's sister gave him the glasses and the tickets to the awards show for his birthday. Lee Chung Ah's all grown-up.

Catch up with you soon (I hope), 친구들! :D

Dong Baek's sister gave him the glasses and the tickets to the awards show for his birthday. Lee Chung Ah's all grown-up.

Thanks hjkomo for the clarification.. the tickets! For the awards, so that's it. :P Almost could not recognize Lee Chung Ah as well.. she fits nicely as Dong Baek's sister. :lol:

Hahaa.. I better wait for recaps before even saying anything, :sweatingbullets: :blush:

Guest ChaeYuJin

HJM's character is adorable! & KAJ is beautiful as always.

I hope this drama continues to stay bubbly & cute. :)

Guest danick

They did not disappoint me at all. I was really waiting for this series. I love HJM. The story may be so familiar with other dramas but then the magic of this series is HJM's portrayal of his loveable character.

I can't wait to see more of this drama series. Thanks for the updates and feedback.

Guest piano_lady

Ooohh...looks interesting!

I'll patiently wait for the subs! :)

Thanks for the caps, luv!

Oh, is that Mr. Buttons from 3 Dads 1 Mom?

The set-up scene at the swimming pool was so funny .. so was the scene at Dong Baek's home after that when the sister was trying to match him with someone, no? :lol:

Btw.. anyone has the capture of the gift that Dong Baek gave to Jisoo?

Guest lucky_moon

Any chance you can keep an eye out for the 720p releases of this series?

Frankly it seems this drama is not that much popular, but if I found I'll post it.. :)

Archived