[drama 2009] The Accidental Couple - That Fool 그바보

Guest White Star

April 28, 2009

Hwang Jung-min Gears Up for Late TV Soap Debut

2009042800267_1.jpg

Hwang Jung-min (left) and Kim Ah-jung

Hwang Jung-min is to make his TV soap opera debut as a humble post office clerk in the new drama "The Accidental Couple," which will air on Wednesdays and Thursdays on KBS 2TV.

It is his first TV soap opera appearance in a career spanning over 14 years. Hwang says he feels a special attachment to "The Accidental Couple" because he is so attracted to the character. He has moved audiences with his impassioned performances on the big screen, and news that he is making his TV drama debut is exciting for his fans.

Meanwhile, Kim Ah-jung is also returning to TV drama with "The Accidental Couple" after three years of absence. The show is a romantic comedy focusing on the relationship between a post office clerk and an actress after they agree to a six-month contract marriage. The first episode airs on Wednesday.

Credits: englishnews@chosun.com

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest groovier

Looks promising to me. It will be worth watching more of this series... :rolleyes:

At least the first 2 eps will be speedy & entertaining; the writers (they are husband & wife) are good at sitcom style comedy...

I was a big fan of 남자셋 여자셋 or 순풍산부인과 or 웬만해선 그들을 막을 수 없다. ;)

Guest kdramafanusa

http://artsimg.media.paran.com/paper/data/..._1240876650.jpg

http://artsimg.media.paran.com/paper/data/..._1240876700.jpg

from http://artsnews.media.paran.com/news/23619

Source: The Korea Herald 2009.04.29

More romantic comedy for prime time

200904280072.jpg

Starting tonight, viewers will be hard-pressed to settle on a program. Joining MBC's effervescent "Cinderella Man," SBS' "City Hall" and KBS' "While I Was Looking" are bringing their own blend of romance and comedy to Wednesday and Thursday nights.

The bubbly trio of dramas puts reality on hold, spinning improbable tales of twins swapping lives, of a romance between a post office worker and a top star, and of an inexperienced rookie politician who inadvertently becomes town mayor.

So which channel will audiences settle on?

Though it is still early in the game, SBS' "City Hall" is a strong contender. Helmed by the blockbuster-making duo, producer Shin Woo-chul and TV scriptwriter Kim Eun-sook, this tale of an elite deputy mayor with aspirations for presidential candidacy and of an unwitting female government employee who becomes town mayor may sound a bit dull on paper, but the previews that have been airing on SBS are downright funny.

"My Lovely Samsoon" star Kim Sun-ah and co-star Cha Seung-won roll out the punches, with Kim playing a clumsy Lucille Ball-type to Cha's cynical and sour politician. Both Kim, who proved her comedic prowess in the hit MBC drama "My Lovely Samsoon" (2005) and in the flick "She's On Duty" (2005), and Cha, who drew laughs in movies "Ghost House" (2004) and "Kick the Moon" (2001), possess impeccable comedic timing and a knack for playing lovable buffoons.

"Mi-rae is the cutest and most lovable character that I have seen as of yet," said Kim of her role as a clueless public servant. "My character could come across as cute or give off an entirely different vibe, depending on how I play her. So, in order to fully absorb the character, I tried hard to look cute on a regular basis."

Co-star Cha plays an ambitious town deputy mayor who meets his match in Mi-rae.

"Through this opportunity, Jo Gook goes through a series of somewhat outrageous and diverse situations that make him gradually change his political values," said Cha of his character.

"At first, because I was playing a politician, I was worried about not being familiar with political terms, but while there are politics, the focus is on the situations and happenings between people," Cha added.

Based on what Cha said, viewers are unlikely to get bogged down by political jargon or bureaucratic details. Add to that producer Shin Woo-chul and scriptwriter Kim Eun-sook's winning streak -- from their most recent "On Air" (2008) to "Lovers in Paris" (2004) -- and chances are that "City Hall" has what it takes to hit a homerun.

KBS, however, promises to give "City Hall" a run for its money with their latest Wednesday and Thursday night series, "While I Was Looking."

Veteran actor Hwang Jung-min plays an average guy who has never had a proper date in his 30-something year old life. That is, until top star Han Ji-soo comes crashing into his world. Hwang's Goo Dong-baek, a post office worker, helps actress Han out of a tough situation only to find himself agreeing to pretend to be her significant other for six months.

At a press conference last week, Hwang, who played a kind and simple farmer in the flick "You're My Sunshine" (2005), admitted to certain similarities between Kim Seok-joong of "You're My Sunshine" and Goo Dong-baek.

Hwang explained his decision to play the simple-hearted Goo: "I thought, 'Won't a different character emerge?'"

"200 Pound Beauty" star Kim Ah-joong will star opposite Hwang as actress Han.

When asked why she chose "While I Was Looking," she answered: "Well, because, first of all, the script was really fun."

Both actress Kim and co-star Hwang have a gift for comedy. In the preview screening, a Chaplin-esque Hwang drew laughs as his star struck character fumbled and stuttered around Kim's Han Ji-soo.

"City Hall" starts airing on SBS and "While I Was Looking" on KBS 2 TV at 10 p.m. tonight.

By Jean Oh

(oh_jean@heraldm.com)

Source: The Korea Times 04-28-2009 17:35

Kim and Hwang Team up as 'Accidental Couple'

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

090428p16couple.jpg

Actor Hwang Jung-min, left, and actress Kim A-joong pose at a press conference for “The Accidental Couple” last week in southern Seoul. / Yonhap

The new drama "The Accidental Couple'' may seem cliched or predictable, but with its stars each having blockbusters under their belts, things may turn out differently.

The drama, which screens for the first time today, features movie icon Kim A-joong ("200 Pounds Beauty,'' 2006) as top actress Han Ji-sun and musical star Hwang Jung-min ("You're My Sunshine,'' 2005) as post office employee Gu Dong-baek.

When Han gets into a car accident, she's not worried about Gu, who was almost hit, but only herself and her secret boyfriend who was driving the car. Desperate to cover up their relationship, she drags Gu in front of the wheel, letting her boyfriend escape, and lets the paparazzi take their photos. This incident instantly brings Gu to public attention, but things take a turn as Han asks Gu to continue acting as her boyfriend.

"Our drama also has F4,'' Jung Jin-young, the writer, said, referring to the four pretty boy characters in the hit drama "Boys Over Flowers,'' at a press conference held last week in southern Seoul.

"The relationship between a plain employee and a movie star is a 'fantasy,' while the character's 'fathers' bring the concept of existence and possession. 'Fun' will also be an important element in the drama and viewers will be able to learn more about the love of 'families,''' she said.

With high expectations granted to each actor, "The Accidental Couple'' will offer fans the classic love story, hopefully with a fresher approach.

For Hwang, this drama is particularly special as it's his first time starring in a television drama in his 14-year acting career.

"Gu is a plain and somewhat boring fellow, a bit like the character I played in the movie ' You're My Sunshine.' It's my first time to star in a drama, but the fact that I play the part with all my heart remains the same, regardless of what I'm working on. I'm just worried viewers might think there's something wrong with their television sets because my face is a bit ruddy,'' Hwang said, laughing.

The actor has been busy, with his recent movie "Private Eye'' still in theaters, and immediately jumped into the drama after the film's release. But he smiled and said he wasn't tired at all.

"I'm an actor and so I feel alive only when I act,'' he said.

Playing his counterpart and a movie star with a sad past is Kim, who appeared in an elegant black dress with a sparkling necklace.

"It's been a long time since I starred in a television series. But it wasn't intentional. I spent my time growing as an actor and also as a person for the past three years. I was given various offers, but I needed time to see clearly,'' Kim said.

When asked about how she felt working with Hwang, Kim said that they spent a lot of time talking about the drama and acting.

"He's very open and I was somewhat surprised at how open-minded he is. But I think you have to be like that as an actor, so I'm grateful for the opportunity to be working with him,'' she said.

The time slots on Wednesdays and Thursdays will be competitive, with fellow actors Cha Seung-won and Kim Sun-ah appearing in "City Hall'' on SBS and hallyu stars Kwon Sang-woo and Yoo-na in MBC's "Cinderella Man.''

"Of course we want our drama to be a little more popular than the others!,'' Kim said, smiling.

"The Accidental Couple'' will air tonight at 10 p.m. on KBS.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

i think these are captures for their "pretend relationship" for the media

20090428085914753.jpg

20090428085914700.jpg

==============================================================

source http://www.y-star.co.kr/news/news_view.php...904291039213100

[최강 스타배틀] 시티홀 vs 그바보, 수목극 승자는?

입력시간 : [2009-04-29 10:39]

who will win . City Hall VS that Fool~

Round 1 Cha Seung Won vs Hwang Jung Min

Round 2 Kim Sun Ah va Kim Ah Jung

mms://vod1.ytnstar.co.kr/ytnstar/general/mov/br_enter/2009/04/200904291039213100_s.wmv

돌아온 김선아 vs 김아중의 정면승부...

'시티홀' 차승원, "당대 최고의 호흡...

김아중과 만난 황정민, "원래 빨개요...[앵커멘트]

연예계 최고 라이벌들의 불꽃튀는 대결. 최강스타배틀 시간입니다. 이번 주 방송사의 자존심을 건 새로운 수목드라마 두 편이 시청자를 찾아옵니다. 먼저 출발한 MBC '신데렐라맨'의 뒤를 이어 KBS '그저 바라보다가'와 SBS '시티홀'이 동시에 첫 선을 보이는데요. 시작 전부터 뜨거운 관심을 모으며 치열한 승부를 예고한 두 드라마의 모든 것을 비교 분석해봤습니다.

[리포트]

■ 최강화제 - 천재적 관료 차승원 vs 바보같은 남자 황정민

드라마 '시티홀'과 '그바보'에는 좀처럼 브라운관에서 볼 수 없었던 영화배우들이 나란히 등장합니다.

[인터뷰:차승원]

"6년 만에 드라마로 돌아온 차승원입니다. 만나서 반갑습니다."

[인터뷰:황정민]

"구동백 역할을 맡은 황정민입니다."

1970년 출생으로 동갑내기 배우인 차승원과 황정민. 워낙 흥행파워를 가진 배우들이다보니 이들의 컴백에 쏠린 시선은 상상을 초월하는데요. 우선, 6년 만에 TV 복귀를 결심한 차승원. 컴백을 결심하게 한 '시티홀'에 대한 사랑이 대단합니다.

Q) 드라마 성공할 것 같나...?

A) "일단 저희는 탄탄한 대본을 가지고 있어요. 일단은 전쟁을 나감에 있어서 병사가 좋은 무기를 가지고 가는 것이 중요한데 아주 좋은 무기, 양질의 무기를 가지고 있고 그런 점에 있어서는 저희가 아마 올바른 목적지에 도착할 수 있는 가능성이 가장 높은 드라마가 아닌가."

반면, '그바보'의 황정민. 6년은 명함도 못 내밀 정도로 그는 데뷔 이후 처음으로 드라마 나들이에 나섰는데요.

Q) 드라마 자랑한다면...?

A) "굉장히 살갑게 이 드라마를 시청하실 수 있을 거예요. 구동백과 한지수와 김강모라는 세 인물을 통해서 스스로가 얼마만큼 성장해 나가는지를 좀 더 지켜보시면 더 재미있게 보실 수 있으실 것입니다."

기대감에 있어서는 황정민이 한 수 앞서는데요. 하지만 컴백에 대한 대접은 하늘과 땅 차이입니다. '시티홀'에서 천재관료로 분한 차승원은 헤어스타일은 물론이고 패션도 예사롭지 않습니다.

Q) 의상은 어떤 스타일로...?

A) "제가 거의 이런 슈트, 그렇죠. 안에 베스트를 입고, 이게 거의 저의 유니폼 같은..."

모델시절부터 다져진 천재적 패션 감각으로 진짜 부시장님들도 감쪽같이 속을 정도로 멋지게 등장하는 차승원. 드라마의 사실성을 한 뼘 올린 그에게 별 4개를 드립니다. 이와 달리, 평소에도 친근한 동네아저씨 같은 느낌의 황정민. '그바보'에서는 우체국 말단직원으로 톱 여배우에게 이리저리 휘둘리기만 하는 바보같은 남자로 나오는데요. 수수한 옷차림은 그렇다고 쳐도, 피부톤 마저 도움이 되지 않습니다.

Q) 촬영에 가장 신경쓰는 부분...?

A) "걱정되는 건 아주 개인적인 걱정인데요. 제가 얼굴이 좀 빨갛잖아요. 그래서 시청자 분들이 화면조정을 새로 하지 않았으면 하는 바람이 들고요."

한끝 차이로 외적 아름다움에서 뒤쳐진 황정민. 하지만 내면의 연기력으로 승부하겠다는 그에게도 별 4개를 드립니다.

'시티홀'과 '그바보'. 화제 면에서 정말 우열을 가리기 어려운데요. '아빠가 좋아, 엄마가 좋아'라는 질문처럼 어느 한쪽을 선택하려니 다른 한쪽에 미안한 마음까지 들 정도입니다. 최고의 두 드라마, 진짜 어느 쪽을 시청해야할까요. 매력 비교를 해봤습니다.

■ 최강매력 - 밴댕이 아가씨 S라인 vs 톱 여배우 S라인

삼순이 신드롬의 김선아와 미녀는 괴로워로 대표되는 김아중. 사랑스러운 두 배우가 드라마 히로인으로 맞수 대결을 펼칩니다.

[인터뷰:김선아]

"너무 오랜만에 뵙죠? 저 김선아라고 하는데 잊진 않으셨겠죠? 안녕하십니까?"

[인터뷰:김아중]

"한지수 역할을 맡은 김아중입니다."

삼순이를 벗어나서 이제는 '시티홀' 신미래의 모습으로 등장할 김선아. 모두를 사로잡는 코믹한 캐릭터임은 물론이고 연기 인생 최고의 배역을 맡았다고 밝힐 만큼 자신감이 대단한데요.

Q) 극 중 맡은 배역...?

A) "제가 지금까지 맡았던 그 어떤 캐릭터보다 훨씬 더 많이 귀엽고 정말 많이 사랑스럽고 그런 캐릭터고요. 저는 이번 드라마를 하면서 참 힘들다라는 생각을 한 게 뛰어다니고 또 몸으로 해야 하는 그런 신들이 많다보니까 멍도 굉장히 많이 들고."

한편, 미녀라는 타이틀이 절대 민망하지 않을 만큼 아름다운 배우 김아중. '그바보'에서도 미녀 톱 여배우 역할로 미모면 미모, 인기면 인기. 대한민국 누구도 따라올 자가 없다고 하는데요.

[인터뷰:김아중]

Q) 극중 맡은 배역...?

A) "당대 톱여배우로 나오고요. 톱여배우이긴 한데 뭐 영화를 찍는 다거나 드라마를 찍는다거나 배우로서 하는 활동들은 전혀 나오지 않고요. 그냥 톱 여배우, 일단 톱 여배우입니다."

특히 미니시리즈에서 너무도 중요한 초반 시청률을 위해 김아중은 극약처방으로 수영복 몸매를 과감 없이 공개하는데요. '미녀는 괴로워'에서와 변함없는 S라인으로 남성들의 사랑을 독차지할 김아중. 그녀에게 별 4개를 드립니다.

이에 질세라, 김선아도 시청률을 위한 살신성인. 그동안 숨겨둔 S라인을 멋지게 공개하는데요.

[현장음:김선아]

"참. 이 섹시미라는 게 숨긴다고 숨겨지면 얼마나 좋겠어요."

[현장음:차승원]

"대체 왜 이래요. 추잡하게."

핑크수영복 차림으로 등장한 것도 모자라, 김선아는 극중 '밴댕이 아가씨 선발대회'에 후보자로 나서 늘씬한 각선미를 제대로 뽐냅니다.

Q) 많이 예뻐진 것 같은데...?

A) "저는 관리는 10년 내내 했던 것 같거든요. 그건 살을 찌울 때도 관리하고 살을 뺄 때도 관리 하는 건데, 운동 거의 매일 열심히 했고 그리고 이번 역할도 춤추는 게 너무 많아서 종류별로 하다보니까, 나름대로 건강관리를 하게 된 것 같아요."

희소가치를 따질 때 김선아의 수영복 신은 쉽게 볼 수 없는 명장면. 팬들에게 비디오 녹화 필수장면을 선물할 김선아에게 별 4개 반을 드립니다.

화제와 매력 모든 면에서 막상막하의 승부를 펼치는 드라마 '시티홀'과 '그바보'. 첫방송 날인 오는 29일이면 승패가 판가름 날 텐데요. 과연 어느 쪽이 승자의 미소를 지을지 기대가 됩니다. 최강스타배틀은 다음 주 이 시간에 다시 찾아오겠습니다.

Guest Redrac

Looking forward to this one. Seems like it will be a comedy as well. Anyone had chance to watch.

Thanks for the character descriptions Cute Girl. If anyone could translate them that would be good :D

i only manage to catch 25 min of the later half .so cant really say too much about the drama yet but Gu Dong Baek is lovable!~ .and Ji soo is very charmingly beautiful i think she has a certain sadness about her ..

i didnt get how they met ..should be in the first half ~~

she already need to use him .as a shield ..because i guess that boyfriend of hers...came from a political family that cannot tolerate such scandal ?~ or something ..

here a LQ version of what i have ..not much lol just 25 min including preview for tom

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m58jms

20090429231510522.jpg

Comical HJM is such a delight to watch.. the stuck-in-elevator scene is just hilarious. Seeing him as the starstruck fan at the red carpet.. so ridiculously funny.. even captured on tv, sitting there in the fans' corner. Is he the only guy amongst all the fangirls?! :lol:

There's cute chemistry of brother-sister, too.

Guest White Star

I think its not only that, isnt it the same in BOF?

I think BOF was filmed in Jeju Island.......This series and They Kiss Again filmed in Gaum,

Thank you everyone for sharing.....my first impression of the 1st episode

Hwang Jung Min has definitely turn on his charm....very adorable...his character is definitely starstrucked. Lee Chung Ah who play his sister is also pretty cute. There're just a fun family......

So far the episode has a mix of Full House and Star's Lover......

Kim Ah Joong's character has a similar feel of Choi Ji Woo's character in Star's lover, beautiful graceful actress who is stunning yet emotionally damage. I recently rewatch 200 pounds beauty and see how lovable Kim Ah Joong is in her cute, innocent yet lack of confident aspiring singer..... i hope in the later episode she could be more like that....and less depressed. Overall, i don't think the first episode really draw a lot of interest.....but it is nonetheless establish a solid foundation for the later ones....and is important for the plot of unravel......

my fave scene.....when he was stuck in the elevator

2h2fpli.gif

Guest kazenai

I'm kinda mad at KBS , what is up with those big (weather?) banners ? It's sooo big why can't KBS follow MBC and SBS - they have small message banners...... pffftt...other than that it was an enjoyable ep, looking forward to next one ! I hate how they used the rose petals as the ending transition =( It's too similar to CM.

Archived