DIMPLES....do they last forever??

Guest Justalilodreamer

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest liltweekstar

when i was a little kid, i used to have REALLY deep dimples..now it only appears once in a while and its not that deep

Guest PunchNine

whats so good about dimples?

O_o

i have one big dimple on my right cheek and various fainter ones around and below my lips and cheek.. i think it looks weird.

i heard somewhere taht dimples were caused becuase like the cells or nerves or something in that area were dead

and people can get dimple surgery by killing off the nerves there.

maybe i am wrong tho.

but if it is true,

then wouldn't it be like forever?

• 2 months later...
Guest Salina2Short

i think it depends on how deep they are. because i got mines when i was either 1 or 2 because i seen my baby pictures and i still have them and im 13. one is disappearing because its not that deep but i still have one deep one

having dimples is genetic. it's a dominant allele so if one of a married couple has dimples, chances are their kids would have them too. so, being genetic, it's supposedly permanent. i wonder why some of you say they used to have dimples and then they were gone... probably they weren't really dimples (if we will follow the definition of a dimple)

my mom has lots of dimples. she has a deep one in her cheek, two dimples at the area around the apples of her cheeks (one on each side of her face) and two dimples a few cms below the corners of her lips (one on each side again). my younger brothers have them too. it's so funny coz the one who was born after me looks like he has a very deep dimple on his cheek but if you'll look closely, they're actually two dimples that are situated really close each other. my other brother has a deep one on his right (?) cheek i think. ^^

as for me? i got my mom's below-the-lip-corner dimples. i actually envy my brothers because i want to have their cheek dimples! :(

here's some pics... ^^ my dimple on the right side of the picture looks more prominent than those on the left but if you're gonna look more closely the one on the left are actually two little dimples that are close to each other. ^^

dimple0is.jpg

dimple25gb.jpg

I was bugging my brothers for a picture of theirs and discovered that I share the same dimples with one of them. argh. this is so unfair. i want their dimples!

oh i know how u feel..i appreciate the cheeck dimples more too..but..if ur the person in ur avatar then u have nothing to worry about..the rest of ur face is gorgeous

I don't think dimples always last forever. I've heard of people who lose their dimples.

Aren't dimples like.. a deformity in your face? Like there's no muscle in that spot or something.

For me it was the other way around.. I didn't have dimples, and now I kind of do. :huh:

Guest swagarina

No they don't. i used to have 2 up till like 15, but now I only have 1.. hmph >=[

i don't really see it in adults either

Guest daLKoMAnXXdaLKi

Dimples are so cute..i have two on both my cheeks but they only show if i smile a certain way. They used to be deeper when i was younger...

I have dimples on my lower back too.

Guest XTINE__

they should? LOL i have dimples on both my cheeks, but not once have i thought if they'd stay forever.

i guess if you start to get fat, they'll gradually disappear.. or when you're old and wrinkly?

ahahha, ionno, just guessing.

i guess theyre like dimples on the back,, i used to have them, but as i got fatter, they became faint. =( BOOHOO.

Guest Stitchie

iono..i never gotten it when i was young...but now i have one...my mom has two really deep dimples but as she got chubbier..is not as deep but still very noticeable. i guess it styas with you....

Guest ~Shelly~

Ahhh I wonder that too. When I was a lil kid I had 2 dimples on either side of my face in my cheeks but now.... only 1. My mum said is because when you gain weight the fat covers it but if you slim down again it should still be there. Makes me feel like slimming down to see my 2 dimples again...

Guest Junanni

i've had my dimple all my life, i'm 17, and right now they're a lottttt deeper cause i gained lots of weight but when i was a skinny girl i still had my dimple. =D

having dimples is genetic. it's a dominant allele so if one of a married couple has dimples, chances are their kids would have them too. so, being genetic, it's supposedly permanent. i wonder why some of you say they used to have dimples and then they were gone... probably they weren't really dimples (if we will follow the definition of a dimple)

my mom has lots of dimples. she has a deep one in her cheek, two dimples at the area around the apples of her cheeks (one on each side of her face) and two dimples a few cms below the corners of her lips (one on each side again). my younger brothers have them too. it's so funny coz the one who was born after me looks like he has a very deep dimple on his cheek but if you'll look closely, they're actually two dimples that are situated really close each other. my other brother has a deep one on his right (?) cheek i think. ^^

as for me? i got my mom's below-the-lip-corner dimples. i actually envy my brothers because i want to have their cheek dimples! :(

here's some pics... ^^ my dimple on the right side of the picture looks more prominent than those on the left but if you're gonna look more closely the one on the left are actually two little dimples that are close to each other. ^^

I was bugging my brothers for a picture of theirs and discovered that I share the same dimples with one of them. argh. this is so unfair. i want their dimples!

^ I agree with you......... dimples are like FOREVER... it can not disappear or go away unless you injure your face on that very same spot then it might go away or mess it up...

Funny how both my parents don't have any dimples at all but 3 of my sister and 1 of my brother have it... I was so jealous of them when I was younger, but now Im cool with it... its just a dimple, no big deal...

My niece have a really BIG DEEP one on her right cheek... when she smile, she is so pretty... but when she was young and naughty... she ran and bang herself into a chair or something... and hit her face, on her right cheek and now.... She still have her dimple but its sorta of mess up... it do go in as deep as before the injury... its still there, you can still see it but its just not as pretty as before...

Guest WitchGoddess

I've never had them, but slowly over the years, I started getting them. It's WEIRD...:) I think dimples are genetic. They're a muscle deformity. So, probably your dimples won't be disappearing or maybe your cheeks are gaining weight???

Me too, I gained them.

Although, it also might be because

I lost weight...

Archived