DIMPLES....do they last forever??

Guest Justalilodreamer

Guest Justalilodreamer
haha
Okay this may be a stupid question but im wondering, are dimple's like birthmarks? Do they stay there forever?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ama Vita

i am not sure exactly but i used to have dimples when i was young like 5 years or younger and now.. i'm 18. they're gone! i think u can get them if u have chubby cheeks and it depends on the way u smile. i can still create them if i smile in a certain way.

Guest aznvietgal_15

ehehe I had two dimples when I was about 5 or 6 but now (15) one of them dissapeared :(

Guest pamango

I have one dimple ... its been on and off throughout my life, depending on my weight. I've kept most of my weight off now.. so the dimple has stayed. But I use my dimple as a measure of my weight ... if I don't see it as clearly defined when I smile, I know i gained weight XD

I've never had them, but slowly over the years, I started getting them. It's WEIRD...:) I think dimples are genetic. They're a muscle deformity. So, probably your dimples won't be disappearing or maybe your cheeks are gaining weight???

Guest chocolate//

i had two dimples when i was younger. now i only have one.. if i smile really really hard i can still kind of make two but it's very faint.

Guest mnel01

having dimples is genetic. it's a dominant allele so if one of a married couple has dimples, chances are their kids would have them too. so, being genetic, it's supposedly permanent. i wonder why some of you say they used to have dimples and then they were gone... probably they weren't really dimples (if we will follow the definition of a dimple)

my mom has lots of dimples. she has a deep one in her cheek, two dimples at the area around the apples of her cheeks (one on each side of her face) and two dimples a few cms below the corners of her lips (one on each side again). my younger brothers have them too. it's so funny coz the one who was born after me looks like he has a very deep dimple on his cheek but if you'll look closely, they're actually two dimples that are situated really close each other. my other brother has a deep one on his right (?) cheek i think. ^^

as for me? i got my mom's below-the-lip-corner dimples. i actually envy my brothers because i want to have their cheek dimples! :(

here's some pics... ^^ my dimple on the right side of the picture looks more prominent than those on the left but if you're gonna look more closely the one on the left are actually two little dimples that are close to each other. ^^

dimple0is.jpg

dimple25gb.jpg

I was bugging my brothers for a picture of theirs and discovered that I share the same dimples with one of them. argh. this is so unfair. i want their dimples!

Guest Romancer.

I think it depends on how deep it is. I'm not sure though. My sister's isn't as deep as it used to be.

Guest luckyyou

i use to have 2 dimples on my cheeks. one was more dimpley than the other. and then when i gained a little weight in my freshman year of college it went away (because my face gained a bit of weight) and now i have it again but it's only on one side (the dimple that was more dimpley lived while the other one is no longer w/ me). i don't think dimples go away since dimples are retarded muscles (right?) and id on't think retarded muscles can all of a sudden be un-retarded. (:P). maybe for those who had dimples go away (like me), that area of your face has more fat or something. i don't know. i'm making these stuff up as i go along. but yeah :D

Guest o_selina_o

hmmm i heard u can lose them, bt never knew that u lose them due to gaining weight in the face area....so i guess i need to make sure i dnt gain any weight on my face XD

im 17 and i have two big dimples right in the centre of my cheeks and they are quite deep....so i pray they will stay there forever, even tho none of my parents had them except my gran and she still has them lol

Guest pomeyy.

I had one dimple when I was young and I still do. My parents don't have any dimples though. :mellow:

Guest moochelle

i have like...5 dimples. >_<

they look like freakin craters on my face.

i gained weight, so they aren't as prominent anymore.

wootang.

Guest azn_kira

they disappear if your face get's too chubby XD i used to have really deep dimples but cuz i got sick a couple of years ago i gained a lot of weight and they disappeared, but i'm slimming down again and they're back! =P

pamango - ahahaha..so true, i know if i've gianed weight when the dimples don't show up easily XD and if they're really deep i no i've lost weight=D

i know you can get dimples artificially too...one of my friends ran into a table corner when she was about 6 and now she has a really deep dimple in her cheek XD so that's one way of getting dimples ><

Guest poorplesocks

i have one dimple and it's been there for as long as i could remember, so i'm guessing yes.

Archived