Is There Much Chinese Hip-hop/r&b Music?

Guest Chojo

Guest lmaogal

the songs i like are~

1)说好的幸福呢- 周杰伦

2)爱情之所以为爱情-梁静茹

3)天下----?

4)心跳-王力宏

listen to them~

yea, da mouth is good.

I just listened to 24Herbs. Maybe it's just not my thing, but wow so many pk, tieuw ney lo mow talk :ph34r: Not sure if the other artists who sing in mandarin also use this kind of lyrics, ah well even if they do at least i don't understand it :sweatingbullets:

Guest brightlight

Lu Hu... but he doesn't have a CD out, but you can find some of his songs here:

I like 爸爸妈妈去上班我上幼儿园 and 再听妈妈的话

http://mp3.baidu.com/m?z=0&cl=3&ct...BB%A2&pn=30

Allen Su's Preface:

I have a feeling he has a bunch of R&B songs written already... but he's in Lu Hu's company, which means the chances of him releasing an album anytime soon is close to zero....and most of the songs he came out with aren't his

Also:

Anson Hu, to an extent

Bibi Zhou (she's worked with Nicky Lee before) , to an extent

The Flowers

Guest miss scarlett

^ Hins Cheung actually makes very nice R&B songs but that's only a portion of his music. The rest are ballads, lol. And there's also Khalil Fong... but he doesn't even sing in Cantonese wtf XD

I just listened to 24Herbs. Maybe it's just not my thing, but wow so many pk, tieuw ney lo mow talk :ph34r: Not sure if the other artists who sing in mandarin also use this kind of lyrics, ah well even if they do at least i don't understand it :sweatingbullets:

Mandarin also uses similar vulgar language in their hip hop, but probably not as much as Cantonese hip hop, considering that Cantonese hip hop is less mainstream than their Mandarin counterpart. It's kinda sad that HK lacks such an industry. I really want Hong Kong to have a Cantonese Se7en or Big Bang or something of that sort. It will sound awesome. T_T

What about Nicky Lee? I don't know, if he is Korean and sings in Chinese or if he is half Chinese and half Korean.

Nicky Lee is full Korean, born in America (or lived in America, don't remember.) He joined Machi in 2003 and got really famous, later releasing his own solo albums. I heard that he actually released a few albums in Korea before but wasn't very successful, so he changed directions to Taiwan.

^ Yea, it'd be nice if HK has some groups like Big Bang (I just know their Lies and Strong Baby songs, and no vulgar lyrics) or something like Da Mouth

• 6 years later...

Archived