45th Annual Baeksang Arts Awards (제45회 백상예술대&#4934

Guest piano_lady

Guest kdramafanusa

There are usually 5 nominees in each category. For last year, there were 6 names in the TV Actress list & Bae Jong-Ok's name dropped out.

Kim Ji-Soo's performance this year won a lot of praises, she was already considered a strong candidate for KBS Daesang even before the nominee list came out.

She and Kim Hye-Ja were the front runners of KBS Daesang, it was expected to go to either of them.

With that said, not all ones in the nominated list (most category) are the deserving ones.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest valley girl

There are usually 5 nominees in each category. For last year, there were 6 names in the TV Actress list & Bae Jong-Ok's name dropped out; if you have seen her dramas, you will know that she's a better actress than some of the ones whose names remained on the list.

Kim Ji-Soo's performance this year won a lot of praises, she was already considered a strong candidate for KBS Daesang even before the nominee list came out.

She and Kim Hye-Ja were the front runners of KBS Daesang, it was expected to go to either of them.

With that said, not all ones in the nominated list (most category) are the deserving ones.

yeah i know but kdramafanusa but i can't say someone not deserved , because all nominees better than last MBC awards

really , i am "in love" with kim jisoo after watch woman in the sun,, Amazing!!!

many People already said i think Top Excellence actress in KBS will be takken by kim jisoo and that's true

Guest kdramafanusa

^ There is an actress who shouldn't be among the Best Leading Actress nominees because of her acting, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels this way. There are names (in various categories) who shouldn't even be linked to Acting awards; there are also some who didn't give impressive performances in their nominated works. This isn't the first time/event where good performances are overlooked in favor of weaker ones....

I think they take the winners of the Daesang and Top Excellence awards from each Dramas Awards from each station

Not true.

A pity that KJH has not been nominated for HGD :( Hoping he would win the popularity award :)

Hong Gil Dong was a part of last year's event. KJH was nominated for Capital Scandal instead.

He (official website listed Capital Scandal for him) and Sung Yuri (for Hong Gil Dong) won Most Popular awards for the TV section.

For this year, he's among the names running for New Actor & Most Popular awards in the Film section.

KHN and KJS are both talented actress and they both deserved to be on the list. The irony is there are others who do not deserved to be on the nomination list in the first place.

There is one particular actress in the NEW Actress nomination list that should have been removed. She has been in this industry since 2004 and have acted in a number of dramas and movies. Definitely not a newbie. Very unfair to be place in this category with other fresh talented potential actresses. Just hope it will not end up like the MBC award show.Not another charity show .....

Absolutely agree with you.

First view: I don't understand why they chose to take KHN off the list when there's a better candidate for that. She should be replaced by KJS instead of KHN being the one. Just wondering...will there be any more changes?

Second view: The new actress thing is leaving me puzzled too. But then again, even if her name is there, it's not like she will win it anyway, since the rest of the nominees are well, on par (or maybe even better) with her.

Guest valley girl

Absolutely agree with you.

First view: I don't understand why they chose to take KHN off the list when there's a better candidate for that. She should be replaced by KJS instead of KHN being the one. Just wondering...will there be any more changes?

Second view: The new actress thing is leaving me puzzled too. But then again, even if her name is there, it's not like she will win it anyway, since the rest of the nominees are well, on par (or maybe even better) with her.

honestly i was so shock when i know there was no kim jiSoo really, but when i know there was a replacement ~ this more shocking

What there is a replacement????????????????? ,i hope no more drama in this awards.. anyway where is Moon Sori????

this award lose it's integrity, reliability , in my mind

best new actress Drama : so boring ,, i hope the really newbie like Yoona who win , there is actress who debuted since so long but nominated as best new actress, maybe she categorized into best new actress because she new into this awards ,, Really weird !!! debuted since 2004 but yeah,,!!

even kim okbin too, isn't she already in many movie before???, anyway lindsay lohan was nominated in toronto international film festival as best new actress because " bobby" ~ 2005 i think , we already know she's been in Mean girl before

Guest ashleesimpson

hello

can someone translate the game show and entertainmers nominees?????? thank you in advance

hope Family outing will win

Guest kdramafanusa

Best Variety Show

Happy Sunday 해피선데이 (KBS2)

Producer: Kim Young-Shik 김영식

Cast: Kang Ho-Dong 강호동, Kim C 김C, Lee Soo-Geun 이수근, etc

Gag Concert 개그콘서트 (KBS2)

Producer: Kim Jin-Hong 김진홍

Cast: Kim Dae-Hee 김대희, Park Sung-Ho 박성호, Byun Ki-Soo 변기수, etc

Good Sunday 일요일이 좋다 (SBS)

Director: Jang Hyuk-Jae 장혁재, etc

Cast: Yoo Jae-Seok 유재석, Shin Dong-yub 신동엽, Kim Soo-Ro 김수로, etc

Sunday Sunday Night .We Got Married 일요일 일요일밤에 .우리 결혼했어요 (MBC)

Producer: Kim Goo-San 김구산, etc

Cast: Hwan Hee 환희, Park Hwayobi 박화요비, etc

Golden Fishery 황금어장 (MBC)

Director: Yeo Woon-Hyuk 여운혁, Im Jung-Ah 임정아

진행: Kang Ho-Dong 강호동, Kim Kook-Jin 김국진

Best Male in Variety Show

Lee Soo-Geun 이수근 (KBS2 'Happy Sunday - 1 Night 2 Days)

Kim Byung-Man 김병만 (KBS2 'Gag Concert')

Yoon Jong-Shin 윤종신 (SBS 'Good Sunday')

Hwang Hyun-Hee 황현희 (KBS2 'Gag Concert')

Yoo Se-Yoon 유세윤 (MBC 'Golden Fishery')

Best Female in Variety Show

Park Mi-Seon 박미선 (MBC 'Sunday Sunday Night')

Shin Bong-Seon 신봉선 (KBS2 'Happy Together season 3')

Song Eun-Yi 송은이 (SBS 'Good Sunday')

Park Ji-Seon 박지선 (KBS2 'Gag Concert')

Seo In-Young 서인영 (MBC 'Sunday Sunday Night .We Got Married')

Based on info listed at official BaekSangwebsite

Guest kdramafanusa

Popular Awards - Current Standing (Top 5 only)

TV Section [update 2009-01-24 오후 7:44:00 현재]

1. 'Boys Over Flower' Kim Hyun-Joong - 37.6%

2. 'Boys Over Flower' Lee Min-Ho - 37.1%

3. 'Iljimae' Lee Joon-Ki - 11.7%

4. 'Beethoven Virus' Kim Myung-Min - 6.9%

5. 'East Of Eden' Kim Bum - 1.7%

1. 'Painter Of The Wind' Moon Geun-Young - 32.7%

2. 'You Are My Destiny' Yoon-Ah - 29.2%

3. 'Beethoven Virus' Lee Ji-Ah - 25.1%.

4. 'East Of Eden' Lee Yeon-Hee - 2.8%

5. 'Gourmet' Nam Sang-Mi - 1.9%

Film Section [update 2009-01-24 오후 7:44:00 현재]

1. 'Antique' Joo Ji-Hoon - 27.7%

2. 'Rough Cut' Kang Ji-Hwan - 23.4%

3. 'Rough Cut' So Ji-Sub - 14.7%

4. 'A Frozen Flower' Jo In-Sung - 6.7%

5. 'Death Bell' Lee Bum-Soo - 6.3%

1. 'Scandal Makers' Park Bo-Young - 63.0%

2. 'Crush & Blush' Seo Woo - 17.1%

3. 'Romantic Island' Eugene - 7%

4. 'Death Bell' Nam Gyu-Ri - 3.7%

5. 'My Wife Got Married' Son Ye-Jin - 2.9%

VOTING PERIOD: 2009년 1월 23일(금) 09:00 ~ 2월 23일(월) 24:00

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to kdramafanusa and piano_lady for all the great work on keeping us informed here in the thread. :)

You guys rock! :D

best new actress Drama : so boring ,, i hope the really newbie like Yoona who win , there is actress who debuted since so long but nominated as best new actress, maybe she categorized into best new actress because she new into this awards ,, Really weird !!! debuted since 2004 but yeah,,!!

even kim okbin too, isn't she already in many movie before???,

I don't know how the commitee choose the nominees, but I think for the new actrees category (drama)they got nominated because their good performance in carriying their role.

I know kim ok bin is not a new actrees ( I saw her in Dasepo Girl) but maybe with the movie accidental gangster she performed a good acting.

Can anyone share with me if the nominees in best new actor or actrees didn't win in this year baeksang award, could they be nominated again next year or later year as best new actrees or actor..?

Best New Actor or Actress in movie means they have this first commercially released film regardless if they have been in the business for quite some time... Like KJH, he's been around since 2004 but Rough Cut is his first commercially released film since Host and Guest was never released commercially...

Guest valley girl

Best New Actor or Actress in movie means they have this first commercially released film regardless if they have been in the business for quite some time... Like KJH, he's been around since 2004 but Rough Cut is his first commercially released film since Host and Guest was never released commercially...

ok with movie what about drama?? first time as Lead actress???

this awards so odd really i can't wait for end of February, let's see what is the surprising things would happened in this award.

I think same logic... If an actress/actor is making movies for 10 years and after that he/she made a drama for the first time... then he/she is a newcomer in drama category...

KJH is catching up!!!

1 서양골동양과자점 앤티크 주지훈 27.5

2 영화는 영화다 강지환 24.7

3 영화는 영화다 소지섭 14.7

Only 2.8% difference!!!

Guest kdramafanusa

Can anyone share with me if the nominees in best new actor or actrees didn't win in this year baeksang award, could they be nominated again next year or later year as best new actrees or actor..?

Not supposed to. :lol: Otherwise, they can keep running until they win the newcomer award.

I think same logic... If an actress/actor is making movies for 10 years and after that he/she made a drama for the first time... then he/she is a newcomer in drama category...

This would be fine because the star is new in that section (either film or tv). For example, Kim Ji-Soo had starred in many TV dramas (many in the 90's) but she swept Best New Actress award at most film award ceremonies with her debut film 'This Charming Girl' a few years ago.

Best New Actor or Actress in movie means they have this first commercially released film regardless if they have been in the business for quite some time...

The confusion is more than how long the star's been in the industry. First commercially released film is not always the case either.

Someone asked about Lee Yeon-Hee, she was nominated for New Actress award for 'M' (the movie with Kang Dong-Won) last year (the 44th BaekSang) even though she already appeared in 2006 movie 'A Millionaire's First Love' (certainly a commerical film) with Hyun Bin; Hyun Bin won Popular Star in the film section for that movie 3 years ago (the 42nd BaekSang). As mentioned before, 'East Of Eden' is certainly not her first TV drama (not even MBC) either.

And stars don't have to be the lead to be nominated for newcomer award.

Like Shirley said, we are wasting our time trying to figure out how stars can be grouped in the newcomer category (or other categories). :lol:

^ this news about Lee Yeon Hee is even more weird. Why is she being nominated in virtually every NEW actress awards (both film/drama) -44th and 45th even though they are not her debut ones. Are they trying to push an award to her knowing fully and aware that she does not deserved any at all by past year result.They might as well nominate her for " the Best Actress award???" also.She is not a newbie at all to be in the NEW actress category.Seriously her acting is not that fantastic either considering she had been in this industry since 2004.. There are other better actress that started around the same time with her.It is not a fair playing field with the other fresh nominees.Just want to see how they pull it off this time....The whole reputation of the Baeksang Award lies on result nite.

I'm rooting for Kim Myung Min and Moon Geun Young in the TV category. Both delivered stellar performances last year.  

Does anyone know why they moved the Baeksang Awards to February from April?

Guest suncine445

I'm rooting for Kim Myung Min for the Best TV Actor category and Moon Geun Young for the Best TV Actress category. Both have delivered stellar performances in their respective dramas last year!!

I too am a bit shocked that they pulled Kim Ha Neul from the list and replaced her with Kim Ji Soo. I'm surprised NOT because Kim Ji Soo isn't deserving to be in that category but because there's an obvious actress nominated in that category, who has even been criticized for her acting in the drama, that should've been removed instead of KHN.

I'm also bewildered as to why Lee Yeon Hee is nominated in the Best New Actress category. She's been around for a quite a bit and appeared in a number of dramas prior to EOE. :crazy:

BTW, does anyone know why they moved the Baeksang Awards to February from April?

Ya, I am surprised too that KHN is pulled instead of the obvious actress.Jun Hyuk performance is so much better than her in Tazza but he is only the lead actor.KHN performance in on air is so brilliant.However,KJS deserved to be nominated for a great job at women of the sun.

The fact that somebody was pulled out and replaced regardless if they are deserving or not, after the official nomination is released... this only proves the absurdity of the award giving body committee

KJH is only 1.9% away from the top spot!!! Fighting Ji Hwan!!!

1 서양골동양과자점 앤티크 주지훈 27.3

2 영화는 영화다 강지환 25.4

3 영화는 영화다 소지섭 13.8

Go Ji Hwan!!!

Update!!! Now only 0.7% difference!!!

1 서양골동양과자점 앤티크 주지훈 26.9

2 영화는 영화다 강지환 26.2

3 영화는 영화다 소지섭 14.2

I hope KJH wins popularity and I can bear SJS take the Best New Actor award so that the two Rough Cut guys are winners...

Guest valley girl

I'm rooting for Kim Myung Min for the Best TV Actor category and Moon Geun Young for the Best TV Actress category. Both have delivered stellar performances in their respective dramas last year!!

I too am a bit shocked that they pulled Kim Ha Neul from the list and replaced her with Kim Ji Soo. I'm surprised NOT because Kim Ji Soo isn't deserving to be in that category but because there's an obvious actress nominated in that category, who has even been criticized for her acting in the drama, that should've been removed instead of KHN.

I'm also bewildered as to why Lee Yeon Hee is nominated in the Best New Actress category. She's been around for a quite a bit and appeared in a number of dramas prior to EOE. :crazy:

BTW, does anyone know why they moved the Baeksang Awards to February from April?

me too ,

1. i was shocked no kim jisoo in best actress

2. what kim ha neul was removed??

3. New actress Drama ?? new in this Drama industry or new as Lead Role

4. MBC awards Proof it's Low credibility, how could kim bum not enter best new actor from EOE , while Baeksang and Korean drama awards included him in nominee

i think this awards lost it's credibility already..

GO ji Hwan He took 2 years in row popularity awards?? hahahahahhaha..

Jihwan Fans all ages actually not only Youngster in korea,

I think Actor who has a DC has it's own Place in Youngster

Archived