[[can I Make It Based On Looks?]]

Guest hamuja

Guest inyeon.

I took some front facing pictures like people told me to (: And like the pictures I posted from the last pages

Some are pretty bad quality so sorry /:

Ooh, I think you are very pretty. ^^

Whats up with people thinking you need to be perfect to make it? seriously? I can list tons of artists that dont have "perfect" noses or eyelids. They're still famous. It almost seems to me that a lot of people are "critiquing" others because they feel like it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NEW*AGE

Oh, Do me, Do me.

Here, sorry, big pictures. Im a dancer, and Im Auditioning for JYP in March.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o15/mea...n/Oneday030.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o15/mea...yofBARFS004.jpg

You have nice eyes & overall look. Make sure you shave though! & find ways to get rid of some of the pimples around your mouth.

The skin for the rest of your face looks very clear. May I ask how tall you are?

Guest Neko-Yama

i'm just judging by the photos... don't know your talents

mmm kimberly: I get a feeling of Ayumi Hamasaki when i look at your pics (sorry if you don't like her, i didn't mean it the wrong way). try applying for modelling and singing... you do seem to like posing in front of camera

AnthonyKkoKko: Cute, made me laugh, i checked the whole thread, and actually one of few people who stuck in my memory... and mind it i don't have a photographic memory... you seem to have something in yourself, it doesn't show in all of your pics, just in few... you're young, but i get a feeling you might grow into a heartthrob, a cute one :)

libra078: to be honest, i'd rather see you as an actress or a comic or a dancer, but not a back-up dancer... you give of that funny vibe. the first pic is pretty cute, loved your eye. on the third pic you're on the right, right? the girl on left is your sis right? i like the way she looks, i'd see her as a singer

Kochuu: I think many people will critisize your looks, but I won't. I actually like the way you look, bc i can sense that something about you that makes me want to hear you and see you perform... i'd see you as a singer.

Skittles: Try rapping... i think you'd be a good dancer, and the first pic makes me think "rapper". try rapping, dancing too.

charlane98: second pic makes me think "female version of heechul". if i were an sm judge, i'd accept you to snsd

HaruhiAihara: I like the second pic better. I'd see you as an actress. You give off a nice vibe.

Guest charlane98

mmm kimberly: I get a feeling of Ayumi Hamasaki when i look at your pics (sorry if you don't like her, i didn't mean it the wrong way). try applying for modelling and singing... you do seem to like posing in front of camera

AnthonyKkoKko: Cute, made me laugh, i checked the whole thread, and actually one of few people who stuck in my memory... and mind it i don't have a photographic memory... you seem to have something in yourself, it doesn't show in all of your pics, just in few... you're young, but i get a feeling you might grow into a heartthrob, a cute one :)

libra078: to be honest, i'd rather see you as an actress or a comic or a dancer, but not a back-up dancer... you give of that funny vibe. the first pic is pretty cute, loved your eye. on the third pic you're on the right, right? the girl on left is your sis right? i like the way she looks, i'd see her as a singer

Kochuu: I think many people will critisize your looks, but I won't. I actually like the way you look, bc i can sense that something about you that makes me want to hear you and see you perform... i'd see you as a singer.

Skittles: Try rapping... i think you'd be a good dancer, and the first pic makes me think "rapper". try rapping, dancing too.

charlane98: second pic makes me think "female version of heechul". if i were an sm judge, i'd accept you to snsd

HaruhiAihara: I like the second pic better. I'd see you as an actress. You give off a nice vibe.

LOL hahhahahaahha female heechul i wish thanks hhaha hes got like a pool size sets of eyes haha snsd wow damn im honoured XP they are alll so pretty hehe

Guest libra078

Thanks I love how you said you rather see me as an actress, comic O_o (don't know what you mean) and a dancer are you a fortune teller or something?? Because I love to act and Dance!!!! and Thanks for the singer comment for my sister she almost lost hope!!!

She posted up her photo but others gave her Harsh "VERY harsh comments" so THANKS SO MUCH!!!! That lifted her up alot!!

Guest Neko-Yama

@charlane98: yeah, you look like that in second pic :)

@Skittles: yup, you're young, 15, don't worry you'll grow with time... and try to learn how to rap, i would really see you as a rapper. i liked that photo with glasses on

@libra078: comic=comedian, but i'll stick to the actress :) no i'm not a fortune teller. tell your sister to not give up. I started auditioning when i was 13. I auditioned for some american and european companies, but always got rejected.. why? their answers were: "you're too ugly", "you're too fat", "you're too tall", "you've got that nerd look"... i actually gave up... but then i started observing people and thinking what makeovers i would give them, what kind of image would suit them etc. i think that if i won't make it into any company in the next two years, i'll consider becoming a manager/stylist/make-up artist in one person.

Guest libra078

Oh, Do me, Do me.

Here, sorry, big pictures. Im a dancer, and Im Auditioning for JYP in March.

Oneday030.jpg

CopyofBARFS004.jpg

You look so cute I love the 2nd pic! Cause of your Eyes!!! To me you look more of and actor not dancer!!!

just staring at the 2nd pic is so HOT!!

Guest severus

This has nothing to do with the comments about my photos. I'm not nearly so vain.

This is about a few people ruining it for everybody.

This is my thread, and I make the rules, and I happen to think it's possible to get the point across without being mean. Sue me.

Your thread? ROFL. And I thought it was funny enough you messaged me about taking down my "offensive" comment.

To be on topic, and absolutely honest. I've only seen one or two people in here who might make it

if anything was based purely on looks. mmm kimberlyyy, for example has pretty eyes.

And Skittles1200 looks kinda cute, without the upper lip hair.

Some of the people here, if they seriously think they can make it, need a reality check that kajjang! might not even be able to offer.

Hey Children,

So I've realized something lately.

The whole point of this thread is so unclear that some of us who are actually planning to audition...are quite confused about this thread.

Okay I want to set one thing straight first off,

when auditioners send in their demos along with photos, the photos are expected to have MINIMAL PHOTOSHOP/MAKEUP and have 3 poses which are; front of face, and 2 profiles [side of face].

When judges see the pictures, they DON'T want someone who's all done up with the hair and everything, because they want to be able to see what they can do with the NATURAL you. Plastic surgery and all that stuff comes later.

But of course, you can always put on some foundation and cover up the zits.

Other than that, I don't suppose they want us to look DROP-DEAD GORGEOUS, because, then what else could they do with us? Nothing.

So okay, my question is, is this thread meant to be a place for REAL audition pictures? Or just those "myspace" pictures? Cause even I may be making the mistake of putting up "myspace" pictures as a reference to what I really look like.

Guest mmm kimberlyyy

Hey Children,

So I've realized something lately.

The whole point of this thread is so unclear that some of us who are actually planning to audition...are quite confused about this thread.

Okay I want to set one thing straight first off,

when auditioners send in their demos along with photos, the photos are expected to have MINIMAL PHOTOSHOP/MAKEUP and have 3 poses which are; front of face, and 2 profiles [side of face].

When judges see the pictures, they DON'T want someone who's all done up with the hair and everything, because they want to be able to see what they can do with the NATURAL you. Plastic surgery and all that stuff comes later.

But of course, you can always put on some foundation and cover up the zits.

Other than that, I don't suppose they want us to look DROP-DEAD GORGEOUS, because, then what else could they do with us? Nothing.

So okay, my question is, is this thread meant to be a place for REAL audition pictures? Or just those "myspace" pictures? Cause even I may be making the mistake of putting up "myspace" pictures as a reference to what I really look like.

True , but I'm just gonna say that I have no idea how to photoshop pictures and that I do not wear foundation ; the only makeup I wear regularly is mascara and sometimes a little eyeliner . In like half of the pictures I posted I wasn't wearing any makeup , and my hair was up cause that's how I wear it when I'm home cause it's comfyyy

And to answer your question , you should just post whatever pictures look like you , cause I look what I look like in my pictures . Just don't try to be fake (:

Guest HaruhiAihara

thx!!! im goin to try as an actress and singer!! wish me luck... :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Guest yummy.sushii

Name: Lily

Nash: 100% chinese (half aus.)

Company: sm ent. & jyp and whatever comes (:

*thats not my actual skin colour, my desk light is very kdsjfakldf

035.jpg

046.jpg

044.jpg

srry for the huge pics ><

Guest Kochuu

Kochuu: I think many people will critisize your looks, but I won't. I actually like the way you look, bc i can sense that something about you that makes me want to hear you and see you perform... i'd see you as a singer

Ouhh really?Thank You.In what way would people critisize my looks may I know? Am I too chubby perhaps?Haha just curious.

Wow you really seem to know alot about this things.

Haha I think you'd be an awesome stylist:D

The troll post was dealt with by a mod several days ago, but she must have forgotten to set the post invisible so it inflamed a few ongoing argumentative posts.

I've removed kajjang!'s original post (and all posts following his/her commentary) to weed out the posts that took up more than 2 pages of the thread and let it go back to its original purpose. You guys should report when these things happen so the mods can address the issue(s) quicker. :)

Guest HaruhiAihara

@ neko-yama

your reply really meant alot to me...i'll remember you forever...now i need to practice a lot~! *burning with spirit!!*...thx again...luv ya!!! :) :) :):lol: :lol: :D :D :D

Guest Neko-Yama

You look so cute I love the 2nd pic! Cause of your Eyes!!! To me you look more of and actor not dancer!!!

just staring at the 2nd pic is so HOT!!

hm, the 2nd pic is cute, i admit he looks cute.. looking at pic no 1 I would see Skittles as a dancer and rapper, and looking at pic no 2 i'd see him in a teen band, but not as a frontman (sorry), rather as a guy who plays an instrument.

@ HaruhiAihara: good luck dear. and don't be worried about you're voice being alto, mine actually is contralto, even lower, and i can reach tenor scale too, and i've always wanted to have a high voice. keep practicing and believe in yourself *GAMBATTE!*

@ Kochuu: most probably they will critisize your nose and probably forehead.. you're a bit chubby yup, but i like the way you look. first pic is nice, but i don't know why i like the second better, i would give you a light make-up, just to cover some skin problems, and i would do a little thing with your hair in the second pic. the first pic is good.

a good stylist? hm, thanks... the truth is i can notice things about others and come up with different makeovers, but i never know what to do with myself and i'm never good at judging myself.

@ yummy.sushi: dear, when i first looked at your photos i didn't know what to say... i actually wasn't able to picture any makeover. but i think now that you could be a cute singer/dancer in a girl's group, and i'd see you as a baby of the group... (heard of baby v.o.x.?... that girl who was in goong and coffee prince, i think i'd give you a similar image). believe in yourself and you're still young. *jiayou*

@ babii3xquiisit3: babii, i don't think it's exactly about being a complete uljjang or a beauty queen or whatever... there are some people who have this SUPERSTAR look and there's just a few of such people... sometimes the person doesn't have to be very pretty to just capture your eyes, bc that person has this something in her/him that makes you think this person could make it, or I would see this person as a dancer/singer/actress. there are some people here who could pass based on their looks and i have already pictured what they could do, yet i wouldn't see some of them becoming extra popular... but when you audition you have to verify with yourself "DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ACTRESS/SINGER/DANCER BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BE POPULAR? OR IS IT JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE SINGING/DANCING/ACTING?" if popular, then oh boy, look is like 50%, 45% would be charisma and 5% would be talent... or even less for talent...

going back to the talk about looks, look at shin dong, and uljjang? no, but whenever i look at him he makes me smile, same heechul.. you know, there are people who, when you look at them, make you feel certain emotions, be it happiness, sadness, anger, or looking at them might calm you down, and they don't have to be miss/mister universe. telling someone "you won't make it bc you're not beautiful enough or not thin enough" it isn't fair, just take it all calmly, look at the person once, twice, even 100th times before you come up with an answer, they might really have that hidden beauty that would attract people, but it might not come out at a first glance...

@ Boe: if you're going to send your picture to the agency, i think they won't like it photoshopped or if you have make-up on. My friend is a model for a european agency, oh and she is not a person you would call especially beautiful, but she has that air that makes her stand out... she sent a photo of her without make-up on, you could actually see zits, but the agency didn't mind it and they accepted her. If i were a judge i would prefer a natural photo... but send whatever photo you'd like.

hah, my oh my, i wrote that much, sorry for language mistakes, i'm quite tired. and good luck everyone

Guest severus

@ babii3xquiisit3: babii, i don't think it's exactly about being a complete uljjang or a beauty queen or whatever... there are some people who have this SUPERSTAR look and there's just a few of such people... sometimes the person doesn't have to be very pretty to just capture your eyes, bc that person has this something in her/him that makes you think this person could make it, or I would see this person as a dancer/singer/actress. there are some people here who could pass based on their looks and i have already pictured what they could do, yet i wouldn't see some of them becoming extra popular... but when you audition you have to verify with yourself "DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ACTRESS/SINGER/DANCER BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BE POPULAR? OR IS IT JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE SINGING/DANCING/ACTING?" if popular, then oh boy, look is like 50%, 45% would be charisma and 5% would be talent... or even less for talent...

going back to the talk about looks, look at shin dong, and uljjang? no, but whenever i look at him he makes me smile, same heechul.. you know, there are people who, when you look at them, make you feel certain emotions, be it happiness, sadness, anger, or looking at them might calm you down, and they don't have to be miss/mister universe. telling someone "you won't make it bc you're not beautiful enough or not thin enough" it isn't fair, just take it all calmly, look at the person once, twice, even 100th times before you come up with an answer, they might really have that hidden beauty that would attract people, but it might not come out at a first glance...

Well well, obviously you haven't read carefully. "I've only seen one or two people in here who might make it, if anything was based purely on looks," was what I said.

And that "SUPERSTAR" look, I don't see it in many people here, to be frank. But that's me.

What hidden beauty? All people post here are pictures of themselves, how do you find "hidden beauty" from that? This thread is all about judgment at first glance if you ask me.

people will tell you if they think you can get into the company of your choice based on looks alone

By the OP, right on the first page there.

To be on topic, I stick with my judgment that Skittles1200 is a cutie, and has a charismatic look. Without the upper lip hair of course.

@ Neko-Yama

yah i believe you are right

becus my friend, shes a model, and agencies often just told her to do a "bare" picture...

cus she said they KNOW that anybody can look gorgeous with some makeup and hair..

please judge my photos now :) =P

thankss xD

Guest dubledeath

@ babii3xquiisit3

I have to agree with you. This thread is titled "Can I Make It Based On Looks?" LOOKS!! BASED on looks!! And BASED on LOOKS means ONLY on looks, geniuses. *Frustrated sigh...

If you were brave enough to put up a pic of yourself, you better be brave enough for all sorts of criticism. Which is what I've been the whole time, thank you very much. This thread was about judgments based on looks alone, and obviously there are some people who can't take criticism.

and @ neko-yama

As a person who's conducted auditions before, I have to say that the "hidden beauty" you speak of can only be seen in person. This charismatic attractiveness can't be seen from a head-shot of a person. You need the person's actions, posture, facial dynamics, etc. Though I agree with you that in the meanwhile that people can't show their hidden beauty (because we're all online here), completely raw pictures are most helpful. Which I've also said before.

and @ skittles1200

I like your look. But I agree with the majority of people here: If you don't have enough facial hair for it to be real facial hair, shave the bits and pieces off. And I'm impressed that you're already such a dancer, keep it up. That kind of experience says a lot about someone right off the bat.

and @ Boe

Your face definitely has a hip-hop look. A change in hair style might be nice (something shorter and not so layered?). It looks very frazzly right now. A change in clothes would work too because the clothes you have on show a bit too much individuality. Companies will have a slightly harder time imagining you molded into their image. Other than that, try taking a complete head shot of yourself. The top of your head has been cut off in all of your pics O_O.

and @ yummy.sushii

you're VERY young. Going along with the charisma/inner beauty thing, you'd really need to send a video clip of yourself to audition for anything if you aren't going to do it in person. Basically all the young auditioners who become stars audition in person because youth on a pic could be deceiving. Your skin is clear. Your eyes are pretty. But again, you're still really too young to tell.

and @ mmm kimberlyyy

i love your last pic. the first two pics, you should do something with the hair. From an angle, the hair looks too thin. Slightly balding. But you're the prettiest one on this thread.

But to get back to my disgruntled state of being, this thread is ridiculous. And it's full of ridiculous people who report comments when they were the ones who put up bad pics of themselves in the first place. Please.

Archived