[[can I Make It Based On Looks?]]

Guest hamuja

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ dubledeath

the topic of whether or not it is possible to make it in the industry just based SOLEY ON LOOKS has already been discussed in the first few posts.

and i do believe this thread is under auditions, see here:

soompi forums > soompi artists > performers > auditions > [[can I Make It Based On Looks?]]

aside from that, i'd like to think people who are using this thread is not using it as a place for judgment whether or not they can make it in the industry 100% "based on looks" (exception: modeling).

since there is already a section for soundclips and youtubes and covers, the purpose of this thread is to make judgment with the talent factor aside.

as silly as that sounds, people who are in the entertainment industry do rely a bit on looks to pull them through.

now that we're finished here, shall we move on? :)

thank you for your honesty!!!

i will lose the weight and work harder

i know it's true

8-)

Guest Minime22

And besides, some of you are too bubbly. I realize that this whole Auditions forum is to be supportive of all those auditioning, but aren't you guys a bit too much? Saying 'thanks for being honest' to harsh words? Where is your pride? How can you be in individual when all you do it bend over and take it? Do you think you can get in an entertainment company and succeed with that kind of flippity attitude and lack of drive?

We are bubbly XD and im hyper,

I doesnt mean on the other side of the screen my feelings arent hurt,

;) but IT MAKES ME MORE DETERMINED TO IMPROVE! STAY POSITIVE :3

and still focus on your faults? (Fix them in a positive way? And not frustrated way)

Plus arguing over computer does kinda seem silly after awhile

and isn’t a positive, determined attitude a good thing? I feel that everyone who

read your criticisms, are taking it to heart. (I am)

Anyways

MOVING ON:

I’ll post pictures when my camera is fixed :P

QUOTE (Minime22 @ Feb 23 2009, 09:43 PM) »We are bubbly XD and im hyper,

I doesnt mean on the other side of the screen my feelings arent hurt,

image but IT MAKES ME MORE DETERMINED TO IMPROVE! STAY POSITIVE :3
and still focus on your faults? (Fix them in a positive way? And not frustrated way)

Plus arguing over computer does kinda seem silly after awhile

and isn’t a positive, determined attitude a good thing? I feel that everyone who

read your criticisms, are taking it to heart. (I am)

Anyways
MOVING ON:
I’ll post pictures when my camera is fixed image

already on that 8-) hehehehhehe

your eyes are really pretty! your lips are smooth and soft and your teeth seem to be good, too. i can't really judge your nose or cheeks from this angle, but you're really pretty ;)

now i sound super ficial again... but i guess it's ok to sound shallow in this thread. ^^

OMG... i'm remembering what dubledeath said! i'm starting to learn from this person. thank you so much kajjang!/dubledeath/LOOOOee or whatever the name is. you taught me not to have myself throw up sugar on everybody :) i'll be straight forward but not too mean from now on.

lemme rephrase this:

we both share the same noses, you and i. both very flat-ish D: and we could work out together! but for the most part, you're pretty. you don't remind me of any korean singers, so that's good. that means you stand out a bit. nice ;)

God bless~ :)

-Anthony

your eyes are really pretty! your lips are smooth and soft and your teeth seem to be good, too. i can't really judge your nose or cheeks from this angle, but you're really pretty ;)

now i sound super ficial again... but i guess it's ok to sound shallow in this thread. ^^

OMG... i'm remembering what dubledeath said! i'm starting to learn from this person. thank you so much kajjang!/dubledeath/LOOOOee or whatever the name is. you taught me not to have myself throw up sugar on everybody :) i'll be straight forward but not too mean from now on.

lemme rephrase this:

we both share the same noses, you and i. both very flat-ish D: and we could work out together! but for the most part, you're pretty. you don't remind me of any korean singers, so that's good. that means you stand out a bit. nice ;)

-Anthony

lol woot woot go asian people!!

btw... even if somebody criticizes our looks, its not like we can fix our face (mybe plastic surgery... i guess), unlike our skills, which we can improve by practicing and practicing :D

Guest Sugaryhawj

I'm probably the oldest one in here but I'll post anyways because it looks fun:

Height: 5 ft. 1"

Weight: 110 lbs.

Company: JYP, YG, SM..etc...

Pictures from 2 years ago when I was heavier:

lisa2.jpg

lisa1-2.jpg

Picture from last year:

Photo0477.jpg

lisa3.jpg

Most recent picture w/ short hair:

018.jpg

btw... even if somebody criticizes our looks, its not like we can fix our face (mybe plastic surgery... i guess), unlike our skills, which we can improve by practicing and practicing :D

i'm sorry, cuz i feel like i'm arguing with you.... but technically, you can, other than plastic surgery. braces, make up, shaving... unless you mean changing the location of your features and everything. yea. some things you really can't change... but you'll be surprised how little changes can make somebody beautiful. but we're all beautiful... God doesn't make junk. it just so happens that in the industry we're interested in cares a lot for outer appearances...

I'm probably the oldest one in here but I'll post anyways because it looks fun:

Height: 5 ft. 1"

Weight: 110 lbs.

Company: JYP, YG, SM..etc...

Pictures from 2 years ago when I was heavier:

lisa2.jpg

lisa1-2.jpg

Picture from last year:

Photo0477.jpg

lisa3.jpg

Most recent picture w/ short hair:

018.jpg

you're really pretty too! your eyes are very nice. perfect double eye lids. your nose isn't flat like mine! good for you :) everything is good! erm... you're just a little, a bit and a tad of a smidgeon on the short side. but that doesn't mean you can't be a good singer! i think you're pretty.

-Anthony

@ Sweet_Asian819

hey don't worry about what kajjang! says..

he/she was trying to counteract the "sweet talk" from the critques before...

anyways,, i have tanned skin too =)

WELCOME TO THE TANNED AND FABULOUS XD

we can be the next generation hyori/yoobin ;)

why do people only read kajjang!'s post and not the posts after that?

don't worry, it was just all intentional harsh statements that were planned, don't worry about it.

i'm sure he wasn't telling the truth. if he was, he'd be and insensitive jerk.

back to the topic, tanned skin is awesome. i have slightly tanned skin...

SM can just give you those special creams that make your skin lighter or something when you're a trainee.

the SM family will take care of you!

skin can always be fixed as long as it's not that serious. as long as you have somewhat pretty features, or at least considered average, you can make it. but even if you're under average, if you have a lot of talent, you can still make it! :)

i'm sounding super ficial again... argh.... i hate that... but you're pretty. keep it up, and never stop improving!

-Anthony

@ AnthonyKkoKko

yeah! i mean when you become a trainee, its like a whole package

training+beautifying...all that kinda stuff

and anyways i dont think you're being superficial :)

i like the sandwich technique criticism,

where u stick the bad things between two pieces of compliments..

now don't we all feel better? :)

Guest Sweet_Asian819

@ Sweet_Asian819

hey don't worry about what kajjang! says..

he/she was trying to counteract the "sweet talk" from the critques before...

anyways,, i have tanned skin too =)

WELCOME TO THE TANNED AND FABULOUS XD

we can be the next generation hyori/yoobin ;)

Thanks ^^

I feel much better now to have someone who appreciates tanned skin xD

why do people only read kajjang!'s post and not the posts after that?

don't worry, it was just all intentional harsh statements that were planned, don't worry about it.

i'm sure he wasn't telling the truth. if he was, he'd be and insensitive jerk.

back to the topic, tanned skin is awesome. i have slightly tanned skin...

SM can just give you those special creams that make your skin lighter or something when you're a trainee.

the SM family will take care of you!

skin can always be fixed as long as it's not that serious. as long as you have somewhat pretty features, or at least considered average, you can make it. but even if you're under average, if you have a lot of talent, you can still make it!

i'm sounding super ficial again... argh.... i hate that... but you're pretty. keep it up, and never stop improving!

God bless~

-Anthony

I'm sorry ! D:

I should prbly analyze what's going on in this thread more o___o

Also, thanks for the encouragement :]

I also agree with Boe :D

I don't think you're being superficial ^^

Guest Sugaryhawj

i'm sorry, cuz i feel like i'm arguing with you.... but technically, you can, other than plastic surgery. braces, make up, shaving... unless you mean changing the location of your features and everything. yea. some things you really can't change... but you'll be surprised how little changes can make somebody beautiful. but we're all beautiful... God doesn't make junk. it just so happens that in the industry we're interested in cares a lot for outer appearances...

you're really pretty too! your eyes are very nice. perfect double eye lids. your nose isn't flat like mine! good for you :) everything is good! erm... you're just a little, a bit and a tad of a smidgeon on the short side. but that doesn't mean you can't be a good singer! i think you're pretty.

-Anthony

Thanks Anthony! Yeah, I know I'm a tad short, but heels can fix that !! :rolleyes:

Guest dubledeath

@@ i thought we resolved this like 10 posts ago.........

So did I. Apparently it's a better idea to bring up past squabbles.

To keep on topic with this thread:

@mmm kimberlyyy

you're really pretty. combining your looks with the fact that you can speak... that many languages... haha

My unprofessional opinion thinks that you have a huge shot for looks O_O Only question is, do you have the talent to match your face? Although Asian entertainment agencies stereotypically look for a person's attractiveness, they don't let you debut if you don't have the talent to back it up. So,,

Referencing your pictures though, (and this goes for everyone) a completely front-view picture of your face is more helpful for judging than a tilted, sideways, or angled shots. The so called 'myspace' shot shows only the most attractive angles of your face, leaving out the weaknesses that have to be worked on.

So did I. Apparently it's a better idea to bring up past squabbles.

To keep on topic with this thread:

@mmm kimberlyyy

you're really pretty. combining your looks with the fact that you can speak... that many languages... haha

My unprofessional opinion thinks that you have a huge shot for looks O_O Only question is, do you have the talent to match your face? Although Asian entertainment agencies stereotypically look for a person's attractiveness, they don't let you debut if you don't have the talent to back it up. So,,

Referencing your pictures though, (and this goes for everyone) a completely front-view picture of your face is more helpful for judging than a tilted, sideways, or angled shots. The so called 'myspace' shot shows only the most attractive angles of your face, leaving out the weaknesses that have to be worked on.

teeheehee, finally, kimberly got the compliments she deserved. :D she is pretty. i don't think SM minds noses that much. like some guys' noses in super junior is flat like ours too. and your eyes are really big and shiny, which is REALLY GOOD! and you're only 14! that's a nice age. i'm making myself sound like an old man... i'm 14 too... but you're really pretty kimberly. good job! xD

@Boe

Boe, you're really pretty too! you also have a flat nose, but like i said, that's no problem... i have one too! xD you have nice skin and nice eyes. i KNOW you're talented, so keep it up ^^

-Anthony

@ AnthonyKkoKko

haha thanks anthony,,

you are the FIRST person to give me ANY comments after i have entered this thread for such a long time xD

except for kajjang ==" never mind that..

and yes,, big nose =)

i have the asian nose!! BWHAHAHAHA xDD

any more comments, anyone anyone? :sweatingbullets:

Archived