[[can I Make It Based On Looks?]]

Guest hamuja

Guest LOOOeee

You all realize that this is a global talent company we're talking about, right?

A major player in the world's entertainment industry?

The majority of you would make babies cry on sight, let alone even win a local beauty pageant. And yes, SM and all those other companies look at talent foremost, but this thread is about "making it on looks alone". Now think, if you had no talent, you would have to be damn good-looking to at least partially offset any other deficiencies.

Look at the stars of these companies: BoA, Hyori, Rain.

And then look at yourselves.

If you don't end up laughing at the mere thought of comparing yourselves to them, you need something in your heads checked out.

tl;dr? YOU'RE UGLY.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest baby-swts

you are the only one so far in this thread that is really gorgeous so far IMO :)

and for sure would make it based on looks. ^_^

very pretty~

and wow your only 14? O_O

Guest Minime22

@LOOOeee:

Mmm not to be harsh or anything, i actually agree with you 50%

(though i join this topic keke guess im one of the majority)

I think the point of this is to give some pointers and what not/ constructive criticisum.

And to me, i feel that its a forum MOSTLY for fun

(Outsider POV)

if we were all *beautiful* like people say, wouldn't we all make it? :D

Its true TALENT is at least 70-85% what the judges/entertainments are looking for

but looks are important as well, not as important as talent, but you need to capture the judges attention, if we were really just plain "ugly" D': then the judges wouldn't look up...or notice at all...

(talking kinda about SM)

Mainly this topic is for (reachable) improvements that we can help on/talk about/criticize/advice

and point out other peoples good features =d

Not arguing agaisnt your comment

XD its a piece of reality for people who think

---------------------------------

(i hope no one thinks this)

*walks in to audition room*

"hey that person is pretty"

"lets let them pass 2nd round" XD XD XD

---------------------------------

So thanks for your comment anyways =d

Guest NEW*AGE

@LOOOeee:

(i hope no one thinks this)

*walks in to audition room*

"hey that person is pretty"

"lets let them pass 2nd round" XD XD XD

Actually, that does happen. You can be pretty & pass. That is to say...you don't need to be talented, but you can't flat out suck either. If you're mediocre at everything, but you're really pretty...you can get into the 2nd round for a lot of companies.

Guest mmm kimberlyyy

@ LOOOeee

You're a very straightforward person and I admire that (:

But , I think you just crushed like 596874569380459654 people's dreams . Haha

you are the only one so far in this thread that is really gorgeous so far IMO :)

and for sure would make it based on looks. ^_^

very pretty~

and wow your only 14? O_O </div>

Awh thanks (:

And yeah I'm only 14 , but turning 15 in April ! haha

Guest superstar`kiss

^

^ Yep, that's true.

How do you think people are recruited from just walking around the city--Cause of their l o o ks!

It does happen honey.

Sad, but it's true.

Not in every case, so don't be brought down by this!

Guest bloodyhobo

I'm going to SM, YG, JYP etc.

Height: ~173cm, I guess that's ~ 5''8

Weight: 52kg (used to be... now I gained 8kg (!?) and I weight 60... it sucks...)

Specialities: singing, dancing, acting, modeling

P.s. I don't think that looks really matters thaaaaat much... maybe 20% the other 80% is tallent and charisma I think...

And yeah it's obvious that I'm 100% nonasian :D (well my grandmother is from Uzbekistan but I guess that's not going to help me :ph34r: )

nesvarbu262.jpg

nesvarbu050.jpg

byebyeschool1091.jpg

DSC04723.jpg

Guest mmm kimberlyyy

I'm going to SM, YG, JYP etc.

Height: ~173cm, I guess that's ~ 5''8

Weight: 52kg (used to be... now I gained 8kg (!?) and I weight 60... it sucks...)

Specialities: singing, dancing, acting, modeling

P.s. I don't think that looks really matters thaaaaat much... maybe 20% the other 80% is tallent and charisma I think...

And yeah it's obvious that I'm 100% nonasian :D (well my grandmother is from Uzbekistan but I guess that's not going to help me :ph34r: )

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn374/I...nesvarbu262.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn374/I...nesvarbu050.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn374/I...eschool1091.jpg

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn374/I...ja/DSC04723.jpg

You're pretty (: But why do you want to go for Korean companies ? I think you'd have a much bigger chance if you try out for an American company or something (:

Guest bloodyhobo

You're pretty (: But why do you want to go for Korean companies ? I think you'd have a much bigger chance if you try out for an American company or something (:

The reason is simple... It's because I'm going to live in Korea for one year and I just want to try to audition and see what happens. Besides if I fail, I will try to audition for Japanese entertainment companies. I just follow my heart and I don't care about my poor chances to be picked. There are always a lot of alternative ways to reach what are you aiming for...

P.s.I'm sorry about my bad english...

Guest ohbbyits tuyen

@mmm kimberlyyy

omg your gorgeous !(:

if you could sing or dance, i think youd make it !

--

name: tuyen

ethnicity: vietnamese

height: 5'4"

company: sm or jyp :D

V my hair was being weird that day LOL

soompi.jpgsoompi2.jpgsoompi4.jpg

soompi3.jpg

the 3 past girls before me are absolutely amazing.... *drools*.....

k, anyways, i think you girls have great chances ^^

as long as you can sing or dance. :)

you all seem to be pretty nice, too...

all 3 of you are stunning. really!!!!! coming from a guy! ;)

i'm your fans already xD

omg... i posted my pictures a page back into the thread or something...

and NOW the people come.

T__T

Photo823.jpg

"What are you staring at?"

Photo829.jpg

"like the yoshi slippers my friend jack gave to me for my birthday?"

Photo825.jpg

"the smoochie! it's coming! it's coming! YAAA! IT'S GONNA BE A CHEEKER! And gotcha ;) right on the cheek."

overall, i'm pretty strange looking. i'd give myself.... a 3/10 maybe? er... yeap...

i'm 100% chinese! ^^

aiming for SM entertainment! and i'm 14 years old. heck, why don't you just visit my 411? :)

please don't bash me too hard. i just like getting involved with audition topics....

and i'm really sensitive :tears:

make your dreams come true!

God bless~ :)

-Anthony

the 3 past girls before me are absolutely amazing.... *drools*.....

k, anyways, i think you girls have great chances ^^

as long as you can sing or dance. :)

you all seem to be pretty nice, too...

all 3 of you are stunning. really!!!!! coming from a guy! ;)

i'm your fans already xD

omg... i posted my pictures a page back into the thread or something...

and NOW the people come.

T__T

Photo823.jpg

"What are you staring at?"

Photo829.jpg

"like the yoshi slippers my friend jack gave to me for my birthday?"

Photo825.jpg

"the smoochie! it's coming! it's coming! YAAA! IT'S GONNA BE A CHEEKER! And gotcha ;) right on the cheek."

overall, i'm pretty strange looking. i'd give myself.... a 3/10 maybe? er... yeap...

i'm 100% chinese! ^^

aiming for SM entertainment! and i'm 14 years old. heck, why don't you just visit my 411? :)

please don't bash me too hard. i just like getting involved with audition topics....

and i'm really sensitive :tears:

make your dreams come true!

God bless~ :)

-Anthony

awww so cute!

i think you would make it!!! and you're young tooo

8-)

Guest dramaprincessxox

@sierrah: You have the SM look down, I think. U definitely stand a chance, you're really pretty and perfect size~!

@kimberly: You're pretty and though you look really young, you'll look really good in a couple years when you're older and you'll be ready to take them on!

awww so cute!

i think you would make it!!! and you're young tooo

8-)

thank you! you'll make it too! i know you will ;)

but i was expecting a 3/10...

but.i.need.braces.

ARGH!

*calms down*

k.

and i'm trying to improve my singing and dancing a lot. the most that i can ^_-

i'm gonna take breakdancing and hip hop lessons with my friends ;)

as for singing... i sing everyday... and i'm trying to be "emotional" which is hard for me..

since i love snsd, and taeyeon has a powerful, beautiful voice, i do her parts in songs, to push my range ^^

don't worry, i won't hurt myself....

hope you make it to the end! God bless~ :)

-Anthony

Guest mmm kimberlyyy

@kimberly: You're pretty and though you look really young, you'll look really good in a couple years when you're older and you'll be ready to take them on!

I'm only 14 so that's okay (: and thanks Haha

My eyes exploded after reading that comment.

I apologize in advance if I offend anyone in the following comments, I meant no disrespect in any way ><;

Melanie: Gah, I'm so jealous, you have amazing skin. The thing that gets me, though, is the second picture. Your upper teeth seem a little big for your face. You have a really cute "innocent" look, though.

Jerry: I found it funny how you said that you were "a Chinese." And I like your hair. Correction, I LOVE your hair. However, I feel like, it's too captivating (yes, I realize how weird that sounds), and takes away from your face, which isn't half bad. I feel like your nose is a little big, though o-o;

Alice: You're cute! But you look a bit too average to pass for the Korean industry, dominated by individuals like Hyori& the Wonder Girls :x But if your talent is amazing, then I'm sure you've got a shot(:

Kazuro: Your forehead's a little too wide, in my opinion, but you have really cute eyes. Maybe work on the hair.

Andrea: You're extremely cute, but I feel like the big cheeks and lips might be a turnoff for Korean scouts.

Sharon: I can't really see your face, haha, but you seem to have really nice & clear skin.

Phillip: You look like a rapper one would find in YG or JYP, honestly. You just have that look.

sparkerly: Gorgeous. In one of the shots, your left cheek is just really wide and empty. It made your lips seem super small. That kind of ticked me off. But I really like your last picture.

haha thank you. hopefully they'll think the same as you XD

Guest mannebellee

@bloodyhobo

SM entertainment at Korea will not accept any race other than Korean, Chinese, and Japanese.

You're really pretty. But I don't think a Korean career will be completely perfect for you.

@ mmm kimberlyyy

GAHH UR SO PRETTY..xD

i bet if u made it you could make guys weak in their knees =)

HAHHAH

btw u look at a bit like jolin tsai, and i like it ;)

Guest dahye_is_here

Hmmm this seems like a fun thread xD

I think I've posted in another thread like this before...wouldn't hurt to do it again ^o^

Name: Angela/Dahye

Ethnicity: Korean

Companies: JYP or YG :)

SDC10333-1-1-1.jpgSDC10988-1-1.jpg

Archived