[[can I Make It Based On Looks?]]

Guest hamuja

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sims3love

TVBuddy is so mean. -,- 

Sims3love, just put olive oil on your eyebrows and possibly lotion that helps hair grow if you wanted it to be thicker. I still think your beautiful though. xP

Guest sims3love

Here's another picture of me. This is a studio picture taken in China with makeup, but no Photoshop or any other editing.
photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69435981@N07/7570293704/in/photostream

Guest sumichan

@sims3love

I think you look cute, but you just have abit of baby fat that would be better if you lost themm~~~ regarding how to lose them, I have no idea cuz I have a lot of baby fat hehhe

@Sims3love: I think you look fine, to be honest, you look like a k-pop star (I can't really name who) but you really do look like one, and as Sumichan says, you probably just have a bit of a chubby face, by all means this is fine, don't think of it as a negative aspect. 
_RaiN_

Guest iPhets

@Wongene : LOL, @TVBuddy , mean? I dare say some people are even being a little too soft in this thread. You know what it means to be a celebrity? People will rip you apart for every little thing. Please don't go flagging people just because they injected a little much needed honesty in this thread.
@Jennii_cho : We need better photos than that. The judges are not going to let you cover half your face or see you from a birds eye view... could you please post something more uh.. head on? Not sure how to say.
@sumichan : Your nose is too big. You're cute..like adorable, but I'm not sure if your nose will cut it.
@minhyukkie : Nose too big also, but hmm.. with good makeup I can see that they will be able to transform you very nicely.
@sims3love : I love sims 3 too ;) But back on topic, what TVBuddy said about you is true, unfortunately, but as someone who also as sparse eyebrows, I can relate to you. That problem thankfully can be fixed with a little bit of makeup, so companies will probably overlook it. But what I'm concerned about is probably the size of your face. I can't tell from just one picture (I have many pictures but they all show different things, big nose, small nose, big face, small face, etc) so its pretty hard to tell - but thank you for being brave and giving a clear and front on picture. The big face problem, if you have it can be fixed or covered with hair (I suspect that it appears like so because your hair is flat) so I think your biggest problem is your nose, and depending on companies, your eyes. You won't be able to win the hearts of the judges with just your looks unfortunately but I don't see why they will turn you down, provided you have talent.
SO in conclusion everyone I mentioned has been a 5-7.5 for me and no, its enough to make it ~just with looks alone~ but I believe that applies to 99.999999% of people auditioning anyway, so don't be discouraged and think its going to bring you down. This applies to everyone I've critiqued in this thread ever since I started Soompi. I've only honestly seen a handful of people that are too ugly so at this point its your talent that will get you through.

To be honest with everyone here, I don't think anyone here can make it solely based on looks...
I think the title of this thread should be "Are my looks acceptable for kpop" or something like that, because people very rarely make it based on their looks, without a gauge of their talent...
If you were good looking enough to make SM without auditioning for a talent, then you would be scouted off the streets if you went to Korea, point blank. 
For example, Luhan from EXO-M was scouted in a shopping mall in Myeondong.. he was good looking enough, without even having to audition. It just so happened that he was good in singing and dancing, too...

Anyways, I don't think anyone here, myself included, could make any entertainment industry based on looks ALONE. But with talent, yes, many of you could. Even though entertainment companies do have different ideals, they all follow look for generally the same kind of person - someone with potential, in terms of appearance and talent. As long as they can see that you have the POTENTIAL to be good looking (ie makeup, lighting, camera angles, maybe some plastic surgery), then you're good to go. But before they look at your appearance, they look at your TALENT - because at the end of the day, you need to dance well and at least hold a note and look/sound good while doing it all.
Sorry for interrupting the flow of critiques here... it's great that everyone gives each other feedback, hehe... I just wanted to share my thoughts ^^

Guest sims3love

@iPhets

Thanks for your input! My mom usually makes fun of my nose because it's my dad's and he has a huge one, hehe. So that's probably where I get it from. And I have a pretty round face so I usually use my hair to cover up and make it slimmer.

Thanks again for your comments. Sims 3 is great!

Guest missarah

Hmmm, I think I'll post just for fun :) I have no intentions of auditioning xD

Name: Sarah

Height: 152 cm (4'11- at the verge of 5'0)

Weight: 52 kg (about 115 lbs)

Nationality: 100% Hmong (Southern asian)

Company: Cube! Any?

Une.jpgDeux.jpg

Guest sumichan

@sims3love
Well they were my honest feedbacks, don't worry too much you're pretty :)) But youre welcome anyways :D

@missarah
Uhmm I'm not sure of you're looking for, but I guess I'll just give some suggestions~~~
You should get bangs, they might look better on you
And perhaps lose some of the baby fat :)It might also be nice if you shape your eyebrows abit... >:D

Guest sims3love

So I got the confirmation email that wanted me to Audition. Do they send you an email if you don't pass the audition?

Archived