[[can I Make It Based On Looks?]]

Guest hamuja

Guest sumichan

@mixtnutz By your looks, there's a high chance of making it through, especially since you're Korean as well :D

@ohdangchang Well personally I think you would make it through, but smile more, your expression seems somewhat serious :P And maybe changing your hairstyle would help too :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sumichan

@aaallleee
You're really pretty :D, based on looks there's also a high possibility of you making it through...But if you're planning on auditioning for SM there might be problems regarding your ethnicity ://

Guest Puiey

@ChaserxOfxDreamsIt would be nice if you posted a more updated picture of your whole entire face looking towards the camera than doing those "poses". And keep the bangs, your first photo gave off this "mom at the bus stop waiting for her kid" feeling. You should also change your hairstyle so it's not all in your face, unless you like it that way :/.
@Yamapi343
Please go get your hands on some Accutane (medication for severe acne). Koreans place skin care on top of their priority list so it's best to go with a nice clear face.
@aaallleee
You're above average, but it would be better if you went for YG if you got the talent. 
To Yamapi and aaallleee, I really doubt that SM will accept you guys. Realistically, SM will only pick Asians so that the Koreans will have a easier time getting use to them. The last person who wasn't full Asian was one of the members from CSJH and look how well that group went :[

Guest sumichan

Can't believe I'm doing this... but ><Height: 162cmAge:16Weight: 118 lb
I've already auditioned for SMEnt, but I haven't got a replied, so I came here panickingWell I'm chinese, and I can speak fluent Mandarin and English, but I hardly know any Korean...Out of curiosity, would I fail based on appearance? ><
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4191061455848&set=a.1586194255796.83211.1263980973&type=1&theater
Because I don't know how to put up a picture @~@Top left pic: rightTop right pic: left

Guest Jennii_cho

I just wanna give it a shot ^^

Height: 163cmAge: 15
Weight: 105lbNationality: Chinese
Entertainment: Any KPOP ones to be honest but mainly SM ~ ^^Info: These are just some selcas I've taken ^^ I know, I'm single eyelid-ed~ :PP I can speak Chinese & English fluently. I can understand the tiniest bit of Korean & I can have fairly simple converations in French.Let's say if I could carry a tune and all that and the only thing I was lacking were looks. Would I fail or pass on appearance? 

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k483/allmylove97/jennii_cho/

Guest Puiey

@ sumichanCan't see your picture.
@Jennii_choAverage, but you give off a cute vibe. It looks like you still have a lot of baby fat on your cheeks, but looking at your weight, please don't lose anymore :[
Oh gawd I feel like a fat whale at 129lbs. And I'm only an inch taller than the both of you .____.

Guest sumichan

Ahhh omg >@< that was embarassing
Okayy so now here's my pictures... I wonder if it works now 
and sorry, for on of the pictures you might have to look at it sideways.... Cause I don't know how to rotate it ><

@Puiey Thanks for telling me >:D

http://s1071.photobucket.com/albums/u503/sumichan95/?action=view&current=photo1.jpg http://s1071.photobucket.com/albums/u503/sumichan95/?action=view&current=photo1.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1071.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fu503%2Fsumichan95%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dphoto.jpg

Guest Jennii_cho

@

Jennii_cho

Average, but you give off a cute vibe. It looks like you still have a lot of baby fat on your cheeks, but looking at your weight, please don't lose anymore :[

Oh gawd I feel like a fat whale at 129lbs. And I'm only an inch taller than the both of you .____.

Guest Puiey

Chubby cheeks galore!
@sumichan
You're average too, but when I look at your face, I can imagine invisible hands pushing your cheeks together. Its making your nose look more squishy idk. Stick with longer hair since it slims down your face more. Avoid short bobs like the plague unless you're going for the cute look, The arching of your eyebrows looks kind of odd too, but idk about brows.

@Jennii_cho
You would look nice as the maknae and you have a "baby-face". If you have talent, they might consider you.
@cubyrop
I'm kind of iffy on you. I think you're average, but some might consider you pretty if you weren't so washed out in that picture.-stares- -stares harder- YOUR EYELIDS! I FOUND MY EYELID SOULMATE! Lol jk. You have uneven eyelids, one single and one double, just like me :D Just don't take close up pictures and you'll be fine. And change up that hairstyle, it looks blah.

Guest Lilith1430282444

Wow, after browsing soompi for such a long time, I just now stumbled upon this thread. How interesting...I'm going to make some critiques as well, going ALLLL the way back to page 114 lol. Disclaimer: I don't know a whole lot about SPECIFIC Korean companies, but over the years I do think I've accumulated enough knowledge about their main industry's preferences when it comes to celebrity appearance to make adequate judgements.Also beware, I'm not a fan of euphemisms. I'm going to be straight up honest. Maybe I'll post myself later. (It's me in my avatar and 411 but it's blurry and I kind of covered my face with kitty marks so...I guess that doesn't count xD)
Anyway. Critique time~ And I'm sorry if I offend anyone, just giving my personal opinions^^
@micachuuI can imagine your face as a "Before" picture of a future Korean plastic surgery article. I think it has potential, but some "work" would have to be done for it to live up to Korean entertainment standards. You're really cute and fresh looking though. 
@Yoona4lifeSorry, I don't think your looks pop out enough for you to be recognized, especially being a guy and all. That being said, you're not bad looking, but not spectacular either. It would take an immense amount of talent on your behalf to get recruited. 
@GoofyGooberGraceFirst picture of you looks better than the latter. I think you're just not applying your makeup in a flattering way--at least in my eyes. You might look better with some eyelid surgery and rhinoplasty. It is good you're Korean. But I've seen many gorgeous seemingly-flawless Korean girls so the competition would be tough indeed. That being said, I don't think you'd be recruited. However you're still a pretty young girl. 
@lipeolipeSomething about you reminds me of Minzy. Perhaps it's the eyes. Not everyone's definition of "gorgeous" but not ugly or typical either. You seem to have an unconventional sort of beauty. Something beyond just average, which is why I think perhaps you'd be considered, if you are also very talented. 
@WongeneAge and talent are only part of the reason. Most of it is probably your bland and average appearance--sorry to say. Change up your hairstyle perhaps? I also spot somewhat of an under-bite... You're not ugly though so please don't be discouraged.
@mixtnutzOkay you have definite potential. Your background itself is fairly different and because you're part Korean (yet not full) I think you have a HIGHER chance because the K-industries can view you as a good marketing strategy (especially towards Vietnamese audiences but at the same time inciting Korean pride). If you got talent, you are sure to be considered!
@LindseyAnnieUmm sorry but no. You need to lose some weight. I'm not trying to be mean lol, just pointing out something you probably already know... After that, post a picture again and we'll see. 
@ChaserxOfxDreamsNothing special, sorry. I think it's the hair. It looks a bit too gender-ambiguous to me o.O Perhaps grow it out, and please try to style it or something. 
@HappyChiriSomething about your face strikes me as a bit odd... Your eyes are large, but seem widely spaced. You have a large forehead as well, and kind of a wide nose. The distance from your nose and mouth seems to be too large for comfort. No you're not ugly, but I don't think you're what the industries are looking for. 
@supupuI'm sorry, your nose just seems too wide for the K-Industries' liking. I know they always prefer the button nose, or a nice accentuated high nose. Yours is flat and wide, the opposite of what they portray as appealing in their media. So in short, your nose is the main problem :/
@ondangchangAverage. I see many people like you everyday it seems. Haha, not a bad thing, but doesn't stand out to me either. 
@aaallleeeSlim chance due to you not being East Asian. However I do think you're extremely gorgeous! Maybe you would be recruited to play a foreign role, but I definitely can't picture you in the main entertainment. 
@sumichanWell, I'm going to say you're average. Definitely not K-star material. I just can't imagine your face as a KPop singer or celebrity. However you are certainly cute in your own way. Just your nose and cheeks are a bit chunky :/ Maybe you'll lose those baby pounds with time ^^
@Jennii_choAbove average, though I think if you were to be recruited, they might have you opt for double-eyelid surgery. In agreement with Puiey, I also think you have a baby face--but the youthful image is hot nowadays. You have somewhat of a chance if you're talented as well. Your upper arms also seem a bit "big" for Korean standards. Or maybe it's just the picture. Anyway, maybe try to slim down your arms if possible. I do like your natural look though, and your skin is very nice.

Again, sorry if I offended anyone. Just trying to be as honest and helpful as possible! 

Guest minhyukkie

Sorry, I'm bored so I'll do this!

Name: Amy
Height: 164
Weight: 52 kg
Agency: Uh.. Interested more in SM, the company BLOCK B is in, NH Media, Woolim.. ^^;
few pictures: 
link one
link twolink threelink four 
yes my teeth are weird :/ and i always can't find a good enough camera so the lighting is often crappy.. but whatever ^^; 

Guest sumichan

@lilith & @Puiey
Thankyouuu so much!!!~~>:DDD
Time to go on a diet, hehehe ><

@lilith
And for your picture, I think you're really pretty!~~ I think you def have the potential >:D

@minhyukkie
You smile kinda weird, but I love your eyes
So overall, I think you're pretty too~~
Why is everyone here so pretty >< 

Guest minhyukkie

@sumichan: thanks! I'll take note to smile differently.. or try to XD
@TVbuddy: thanks! I appreciate your feedback! ^-^ I like the details you gave me! 

Guest Puiey

@ minhyukkieAverage, but you're still young so you still have the chance to get prettier as you age. Maybe try getting some braces or something.
@aishiterusulliYour forehead is pretty big, so try getting some bangs. The middle part of your nose is kind of odd, it's like flat in that one area only. Your eyelids are also mismatched. Is it because you have one single and one double eyelid, or is it just the shape of them?

Guest aishiterusulli

@aishiterusulli

Your forehead is pretty big, so try getting some bangs. The middle part of your nose is kind of odd, it's like flat in that one area only. Your eyelids are also mismatched. Is it because you have one single and one double eyelid, or is it just the shape of them?

Guest sims3love

I'm hoping to audition August 4th as a model. I'm 5'2, 120 lbs (I know that seems overweight), but what would you say to me if you were a judge? I am not wearing makeup, and I apologize for the bad quality.
Thank you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69435981@N07/7565794646/in/photostream

Archived