Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

I think he's been keeping it long (trimmed a bit while getting a shave, too.. occasionally).. since GBW/GI Joe. Probably better to have it long-er before cutting it down to (preferred) style for IRIS later. The last time he had quite a long (+wavy) hairstyle was after Addiction in 2002.. and cut it really short after that to suit All In.. oops.. I meant he kept a long, rather wavy hairstyle after All in before cutting it to suit the KNTO CF and EHAS, etc. *rubie got herself confused again*

Don't think BH has any other projects except IRIS. Hopefully.. when we see him at the Blue Dragon awards next Thursday (Nov 20).. he will look like his usual suave dashing self.. and maybe a new.. shorter/neater hairstyle. :rolleyes:

Let's just say.. for now.. our Byunghun-ssi.. is simply.. letting his hair down.. before he starts work again. :lol:

ps: Love your Jack Bauer banner, ninja-girl.. that is so cool. :rolleyes: Heard that there'll be a 24 movie coming soon.. is that right? :w00t:

Thanks for the hair info Rubie :P I prefer our Hunnie with short hair, but he still looks yummy with long hair :blush: I can't wait for pics from the Blue Dragon Awards. It's nice to know he's nominated for best actor alongside Song-Kang ho :D Oh, Ha-Jung woo is nominated too? :w00t: I'm dying to see The Chaser too. Good luck to all of them!

Thanks for your comment about my banner Rubie *hug* There sure is a 2 hour TV movie coming soon! It's called 24: Redemption, it airs over here on the 24th of this month. Have you heard any info about when it airs where you live? I hope you get the chance to watch it Rubie, it looks amazing. Here's the trailer for you if you haven't seen it yet: http://www.fox.com/24/trailer/ :D

:huh: Not only (Hollywood) is remaking Korean movies but even MVs got a makeover as well. And which would be the perfect or not-so-lucky choice.. the most famous and celebrated 'To Heaven' by LBH & KHN feature for none other than Jo Sung Mo's debut in 1998/99.

But seriously.. appreciation aside.. does 'To Heaven' and 'To the Hospital' resemble anything at all. :mellow: Even the title sounds sooooo way apart..

Check out dramabeans for both VODS or watch 'To Heaven' at youtube2.jpg

“To Heaven” becomes “To the Hospital”

November 15th, 2008 // by javabeans

What will they remake next? It’s not just songs, or movies, or television dramas anymore — now it’s MUSIC VIDEOS. (What next, commercials?)

The music video for veteran kpop ballad singer Jo Sung-mo’s breakout 1998 ballad “To Heaven” has just been given a makeover. What’s interesting is that the music videos share the same story, but the songs are different. The new version is set to the song “To the Hospital” [병원에 가다] by singer Miru (her album features collaborations by girl groups Jewelry, Brown Eyed Girls, Da Vichi, and Seeya).

0070006_1W555.jpg

The “To Heaven” MV may not have been the first of its grand-scale, movie-style kind, but it sure made a big splash. It also starred Lee Byung-heon and Kim Haneul and was one of those early MVs wallowing in its own tragedy like some kind of glorification of agony. (Blind lovers? Donated eyeballs? Men in love with mermaids? Tragic lovers torn apart by the cruel, cruel arms of a wretched Fate? Those MVs ain’t got nothin’ on “To Heaven.”) Watch the MV below and you’ll see what I mean.

I find the new casting a bit odd, but the main male lead is Gong Jung-hwan (of the cable drama My Boss My Lady), with Jang Mi-in-ae (Blissful Woman) as the female lead. Both actors were also in Soulmate (as Jung-hwan and Min-ae).

This marks the first time a music video has been remade (well, officially. The ripped-off variety — Ivy’s Final Fantasy, Hyori’s Britney knockoff — still abound).

The producers of “To the Hospital” explained their intention behind the remake, saying, “We concluded that there hasn’t been a more memorable MV than ‘To Heaven’ in the music industry. We are remaking the music video so that such a great piece of work is remembered.”

(I’m sure easy publicity and a lack of creativity had nothing to do with it.)

The music video for the new version cost 100 million won and took two months to produce. The video was released on all the online music portals on the 14th and the song is kicking off its promotional cycle now.

(I think the original rocks harder. The remake just doesn’t pack that emotional punch. Then again, Gong Jung-hwan and Jang Mi-in-ae — both of whom I like — are no Lee Byung-heon and Kim Haneul.)

Via Hankook Ilbo courtesy dramabeans.com

200811141026045945.jpg

z_MMEDIA5.gifhttp://nv.empas.com/ys/2008/11/14/200811141026045945.wmv

Source: news.empas.com

Korean media News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News

Hi nabi! So good to see you here, saw you a few times before. ^^ I didn't realize that you're a BH fan until I saw your previous avatar. :blush:

Hope to see you more at the thread, let's share everything about Lee Byung Hun. :D

Yes. I decided to come out of lurk mode. lol. It's funny how you've noticed me lurking in this thread.

I'm a BH fan. Used to be totally obsessed with him during his "Beautiful Days" and "All In days"...not so much anymore, but I still think he is an incredible actor. I can't wait to watch him in his new drama Iris.

Here is the English/International poster for the Korean Western “The Good, The Bad, and the Weird.”

good-bad-weird-movie-poster.jpg

source: Beyond Hollywood

Thanks for the hair info Rubie :P I prefer our Hunnie with short hair, but he still looks yummy with long hair :blush: I can't wait for pics from the Blue Dragon Awards. It's nice to know he's nominated for best actor alongside Song-Kang ho :D Oh, Ha-Jung woo is nominated too? :w00t: I'm dying to see The Chaser too. Good luck to all of them!

Come to think of it.. although to most of us, BH looks way better with shorter hair.. he's just being himself.. like all of us do.. from time to time. And the one part that I just love is how he looks so happy and healthy (just shows on his expession a lot!). Simply ravishing to eat.. wait.. wait.. that doesn't quite right.. LOL! but you all know what I mean right. :blush: He's not as thin as he was in the London pics.. funny.. huh.. how he can look so manly attractive at the Versace Red Carpet. The other stars looked "usual" in their suits but Byunghun-ssi.. he's totally rockin' it! :wub:

Personally.. who knows, what Jet Li did with One Foundation.. may one day inspire BH as well.

Thanks for your comment about my banner Rubie *hug* There sure is a 2 hour TV movie coming soon! It's called 24: Redemption, it airs over here on the 24th of this month. Have you heard any info about when it airs where you live? I hope you get the chance to watch it Rubie, it looks amazing. Here's the trailer for you if you haven't seen it yet: http://www.fox.com/24/trailer/ :D

Ohh.. it's a TV movie.. huh.. huh.. I thought it's the big screen feature.. which would be awesome. :sweatingbullets: But still good.. as long as Jack is back! :P

It totally sucks that we have no idea if it'll ever makes its way here as well.. we haven't even been shown the latest season.. Day 7.. right or was it Day 6? :blink: Gosh! We're so out of the loop.. I don't even remember what was the last season-hanger.. :wacko: But thanks so much Hunnie-girl.. appreciate the link to the trailer. He is back indeed.. but.. Jack is always looking so tormented, poor soul indeed.

I think GI JOE the movie is scheduled to be released in the US on August, 2009. Something to look forward to for next year. So maybe premiere for the movie will be about July?

Yupyup.. thta's right.. GI Joe's release date of Aug 9 have so far been consistently confirmed since before the filming even started. And Paramount has been making sure that the production goes as planned and finishes in time.. which they have achieved smoothly.. even with a big ensemble of cast to accomodate, not to mention the writers' strike in Hollywood earlier on in the year.

Not too sure about the US/worldwide premiere but there'll definitely be something "huge" planned by Paramount.. mainly because GI Joe is a well-known and much-loved comic book heroes for the American audience especially. We know that BH's role isn't the lead or even that much to begin with but he has been given one of the most significant GI Joe characters that the movie could never be complete without. So.. whatever the outcome will be (with the extremely critical expectation of the diehard comic fans).. it's already a plus point for BH.. to be included in this (hopefully) soon-to-be a blockbuster in 2009.

zashi, I'm not sure about others.. fans in US may feel differently.. but it's proved to be harder and much more difficult to search & attain info on GI Joe: Rise of Cobra as opposed to.. for example.. GBW news in Korean media updates.. despite the language barrier. And then.. the missing ICWTR is a whole lot of different story. :sweatingbullets:

20081113bh.jpg

It got me thinking.. yupyup.. the ever-inquisitive-nonstop-rambling-rubes :wacko: .. maybe.. with the anticipated world premiere/release of GI Joe in mid-2009, as well as IRIS filming in various foreign locations and GBW's full-mode release in selected US-cities.. London & UK.. not to mention, several European countries.. maybe.. just maybe.. we'd see BH Entertainment's much-awaited website running fully in 2009 as well.

Although it's probably best not to wait too much (which could be quite tiring).. after all.. it's almost 2 years since the company had established itself but the webpage remains the same-display static notice day in, day out. But of course, fans are still hoping for the best and 2009 might be the reason of the delay. We also know that BH (and his team) tends to work quietly & unnoticedly before coming out with something that will surprise everyone.. as he prefers to present the idea when everything is set to go and not just making "headlines".. case of treats: IRIS, ITSUKA, RAV4.. Artist View.

And speaking of Artist View.. correct me if I'm wrong but I noticed that CJW's Lily.. her official Japanese website has been linked to Artist View (previously it was BH Ent, of course) but LBH's own JOFC doesn't link itself to Artist View but instead the new entity is affiliated to BH Entertainment. Confused already? :wacko::lol: What I'm trying to say is that.. even if BH Ent's website didn't materialize (yet).. which I truly hope will not be the case.. they already have Artist View running which is a cool feat considering that it was only established around June this year.

Must admit that I was a bit (more) than concerned before when BH and Mr. SongWM parted ways.. despite the assurance by Mr. Song at JOFC (kindly translated & shared by Sung-ja for us).. still as fans... I'm sure we were quite affected by the news.. not knowing how to grasp with the sudden situation. But it's indeed a relief to see them again at the 13th PIFF recently.. showing the fact that everything is still the same despite the different companies they both hold. Now.. it turned out to be a wise plan to expand.. the way they're doing it. Fighting! (Please excuse silly rubes here :sweatingbullets: .. some of you would know that this blurpanda has a soft-spot for the soft-spoken Mr. Song :blush: )

On a different related topic... can anyone.. especially members of Rubeurs International help me with the correct board to access at Dotcom? Is there a specific foreign board set up for the members? I've looked around and could not find the link.. except the existing Korean board, obviously. Any response on this will be very much appreciated. MERCI!

Yes. I decided to come out of lurk mode. lol. It's funny how you've noticed me lurking in this thread.

I'm a BH fan. Used to be totally obsessed with him during his "Beautiful Days" and "All In days"...not so much anymore, but I still think he is an incredible actor. I can't wait to watch him in his new drama Iris.

Here is the English/International poster for the Korean Western “The Good, The Bad, and the Weird.”

http://byunghunlee.pe.kr/f/good-bad-weird-movie-poster.jpg

source: Beyond Hollywood

That's so good & cool about de-lurking yourself, nabi.. let's hesitate no more.. welcome onboard! :lol: rubie here is like 24/7 at the thread.. a very hopeless one.. indeed.. :sweatingbullets: .. that's how I usually notice "new" names at the thread.. and always wishing more will come out & post.. of course. But.. it's at the News thread that I actually realized that you're a BH fan.. you had a BH avatar then. Now.. it's Painter of the Wind, right? :blush:

I was obsessed with BD too.. it's like our first, doesn't it? :wub: Still love BD a lot.. it's secured & sealed but now.. even more appreciating BH for everything he is. The man just gets better and better. Waiting for IRIS is such a heartache.. too much happening too soon.. and we're still.. waiting. :sweatingbullets:

So, keep on posting and sharing about BH. We hope more will talk about this incredible thespian.. he's one of the best! Anything at all.. just shout it out! :lol:

I can't wait for pics from the Blue Dragon Awards. It's nice to know he's nominated for best actor alongside Song-Kang ho :D Oh, Ha-Jung woo is nominated too? :w00t: I'm dying to see The Chaser too. Good luck to all of them!

Same here.. H-girl.. same here.. I really hope my pc won't "die" on me at the Blue Dragon. Been getting lots of error mode this time and if anything happens.. that'll be end for me (till next year if I'm still around :sweatingbullets: ) Really want to see BH at the Blue Dragon.. he's been nominated in various BD before.. the last being in 2005 for BSL but didn't win. This is one Best Actor award still elusive for him.

But whatever the results will be.. it's definitely a great honour to be nominated in a great company of real talented actors and he knows that well. I'm especially glad that BH is recognized for his acting talent & solid performances and not just for being popular. And our Hunnie rarely.. almost never turning down award event or festivals especially when he's either nominated, invited as as a presenter or just to celebrate the special ceremony with fellow actors.. unless he can't make it due to overseas' filming or other commitments.

I'm sure most of us knew that SKH's performance has been consistently award-worthy, and from numerous GBW reviews.. he is especially outstanding as the "Weird" one. But it must be mentioned that nothing is impossible & anything could happen as BH's own performance does not pale in comparison. He had tackled the villain role with such finesse as if he was born to play the Bad guy and in fact.. been equally recognized with a solid acting of his own.

This time around.. it's interesting to see how GBW will fare against 'The Chaser' which undeniably was and still is the talk of Chungmuro.. "conquering" every awards ceremonies there were.. minus the participation of GBW. The movie's lead duo (especially Kim Yoon Seok and Ha Jung Woo) have been the names to look out for but we will see. :blush: For GBW.. the Blue Dragon is like the start for its full competitive entry in Korean movie awards. Can't wait to know the results.. win or not.. all the nominees are definitely deserving of their respective nominations.

And ooh.. there can be two Best Actor winners from the Blue Dragon. It has happened before. May the Best Man or Men or NOM win. :w00t: *Byunghun-ssi Fighting!*

Not too far away.. a 2009 new year opener.. booming Byunghun-cover :wub:

Thanks to the highlight by cacao-lovelbh.com, image copied from amazon.co.jp but I can't find the specific page to order.. maybe it's still not up.. I think.. :sweatingbullets: :blush:

2009mag1.jpg

^ Thanks Huang for the cool highlight, really appreciate the posting.. those at the GBW thread, too. :D

---

In the meantime, the notoriously desperate Popseoul has found a new "victim" to pick on.. <_< they're so fixated on his English name..

[POP spot] Brian Lee and Jet Li

What do Brian Lee and Jet Li have in common, other than their last names and outfits? Probably nothing. But the pair was spotted together at a Versace show in Hong Kong sometime ago…

Known to speak multiple languages including Korean, English, Chinese and Japanese, Brian Lee (aka Lee Byung-hun - the Bad guy in the movie “The Good, the Bad and the Weird) will have a role in the Hollywood film, G.I. Joe in 2009.

Also spotted was Dontella Versace, Allegra.

http://popseoul.com/2008/11/17/pop-spot-br...lee-and-jet-li/

Guest huangsy

???????????????????????????????????????????????? any idea...

November 17, 2008

6위 95년 MBC 공채 24기·7위 92년 KBS 공채 14기…이병헌·정준호 등 `두각`

Source: kulkuri7@joongang.co.kr

news.empas.com

I only know this bit

이병헌·정준호 등 `두각`
, which means LBH, Jung Joon Ho etc 'stand out/ahead of the pack'

the rest of article talks about actresses, who debut as Miss Korea and 'public' actors (of TV, not movies)

I only know this bit , which means LBH, Jung Joon Ho etc 'stand out/ahead of the pack'

the rest of article talks about actresses, who debut as Miss Korea and 'public' actors (of TV, not movies)

oh.. Ohh.. I got it.. it mentions about the actors' debut, right?

BH debuted on KBS in 1992.. some others on MBC, etc.. some as Miss Korea, etc. etc..

but indeed.. LBH, JJH.. despite starting on the small screen many years ago (and now with so many new actors/actresses emerging every day).. they are still AHEAD of the PACK, they stood out because of the power of real talent never stops. Absolutely no denying that! :w00t:

Thanks Huang for the highlight.. really appreciate it.. makes so much sense for the online translation. :blush:

no2.gif No.. No.. No.. Jet Li isn't starring in IRIS (although that would be awesome :P ).. but Takuya Kimura might appear later in a cameo.. well, maybe.. ^^ as a return gesture to Byunghun's guest-appearance in Hero last year.

This article is mainly about LBH meeting Jet Li at the latter's Versace for One Foundation Charity Fashion Show in Beijing on November 13th.

A bit of mention on IRIS though.. it will start shooting as soon as the casting is completed.. (could be anytime :wacko: )

Please note that rubie is mostly guessing here :sweatingbullets: .. anyone with better gist to share.. please do not hesitate to share. Much obliged! :blush:

이병헌, 中 자금성서 이연걸과 쓰촨성 기부 선행

마이데일리 기사전송 2008-11-17 16:59

200811171642441129_1.jpg

[마이데일리 = 남안우 기자] 한류스타 이병헌이 중국 베이징 자금성에서 세계적 액션스타 이연걸과 함께 쓰촨성 지진으로 어려움을 겪고 있는 아이들을 돕는데 적극 동참했다.

지난 13일 세계적인 패션 브랜드 베르사체(Versace) 2009 S/S 컬렉션 패션쇼와 쓰촨성 지진 자선기금 마련을 위한 VIP행사에 참석했던 이병헌은 자신의 의상을 경매에 내놓은 뒤 수익금 전액을 쓰촨성 지진 피해 기금으로 기부했다.

더욱이 민간 행사로는 처음으로 베이징 자금성내에서 진행된 경매 및 기부 행사에서 이병헌은 이연걸과 만나 함께 선행활동도 하고 한·중 배우들 간의 우호를 다지는 등 돈독한 우의를 보여줬다.

이병헌은 아시아에서 가장 영향력 있는 배우이자 패셔니스타로 선정 돼 이번 베르사체 패션쇼 및 기부 행사에 초청돼 의미를 더했다. 이병헌은 국내 스타로는 유일하게 이번 행사에 참석했다.

베르사체 행사 관계자는 “자금성에서 열린 이번 행사는 국가 행사가 아닌 민간 행사로는 최초”라면서 “한국 배우로는 유일하게 이병헌이 초대된 것도 대표적인 한류스타로의 확고한 입지를 중국에서 보여준 것이다”고 설명했다.

이어 “아직도 쓰촨성 지진으로 극심한 생활고에 시달리고 있는 아이들을 위한 기부 선행도 보여줘 감사하다”고 전했다.

얼마전 런던영화제 참석과 중국 자금성에서 열린 베르사체 패션쇼 및 기부 행사에 다녀오는 등 한류스타로 활발한 활동을 펼치고 있는 이병헌은 전체적인 캐스팅이 완료되는 대로 사전제작 첩보액션 드라마 ‘아이리스’ 촬영에 들어갈 계획이다.

[중국 베이징 자금성에서 이연걸과 함께 쓰촨성 지진 돕기 기부 선행을 한 한류스타 이병헌(왼쪽). 사진 = 마이데일리 사진DB]

Credits: 남안우 기자 naw@mydaily.co.kr via news.empas.com

Agoo, Hunnie was named Brian Lee? was it aim for Western addressing?

Tsk tsk, still prefer Lee Byung Hun... :rolleyes:

BH at Versace/One Charity Gala (Beijing) 13 Nov 2008

http://orientaldaily.on.cc/photo/20081114/...114enew04b4.jpg

Who were 2 ladies sitting beside Hunnie? <_<

I dun know them, but they must be famous to sit nearby him :phew:

Actually and frankly, i didnt like the suit in Versace event there.. that was shining... not suit him well.... :phew:

Agoo, Hunnie was named Brian Lee? was it aim for Western addressing?

Tsk tsk, still prefer Lee Byung Hun... :rolleyes:

Mona Jang.. all Byunghun fans knew that his English name is Brian although it wasn't given by his parents. Whether it suits him or otherwise, it was chosen by someone who's a close friend of BH years ago. It was speculated said that Song Seung Hun (and another friend) picked the name for him. At the same time, SSH had also taken the name 'James' as his English name. BUT.. neither SSH or BH are using their so-called English names. I believe it wasn't meant to be used professionally, just something among friends..

Popseoul had just got themselves something to make fun with.. the blog is making a big deal out of the name. It's nothing new at all. As far as I have seen and read, BH himself had never used or indicate the name "Brian" in any interviews/clips/articles. In fact.. he had mentioned recently that he prefers to hear Westerners call him by his Korean name.

Kwon Sang Woo has an English name as well but he doesn't use it either. :mellow:

Who were 2 ladies sitting beside Hunnie? <_<

I dun know them, but they must be famous to sit nearby him :phew:

Actually and frankly, i didnt like the suit in Versace event there.. that was shining... not suit him well.... :phew:

Copied from at post #17573, page 879. The ladies are Chinese celebrities Zhang Yuqi and Gao Yuanyuan.

Don't like the Versace suit, huh.. TY.. take a number. :P It looks ok on BH (because he's always so comfortable & familiar with wearing a suit.. shiny or not ^^) .. but could be worse on someone else who is not as confident or charismatic. :rolleyes:

I was watching JTV in real time and saw that LBH's RAV 4 CM is being shown in Japanese TV! YAY so now I look forward to seeing the RAV4 CM all the time. How cool is that!

:w00t: Very cool & lucky indeed!

zashi, the song used in the CM is Itsuka (Someday) sang by our Hunnie. :D

I'll send you the clip, ok. ^^