Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

*** On July 2, Gong Yoo appeared in a video for the WWD Korea YouTube channel. When asked about Squid Game 2, he revealed that it will probably meet viewers worldwide on this upcoming Christmas. Previously, Lee Jung Jae also said that season 2 will arrive in December. I guess this much-awaited Squid Game 2 is eyeing a 25 December release, after 3 years of the first season.   :kaching3:

• Like 1

July 12, 2024

Happy Birthday Byung Hun-ssi!

Screenshot_2024-07-08_at_9.19.16_PM.png

Wishing you a Happy Birthday with Blessings of Good Health, Happiness and Success in all your upcoming projects.   Looking forward with great anticipation to "Squid Game 2" and your new movie "The Ax". 

• Love 4

July 12, 2024 

Happy Birthday to you~, Happy Birthday to you~, Happy Birthday dear Lee Byung-hun~, Happy Birthday to you..~ 👏🥳

e-Phoenix-13-20230810-015738.gif

Happy birthday, Lee Byung-hun! I hope your day is as special and memorable as you are. May your birthday bring all the joy, happiness and good health that you deserve. Stay phenomenal as you are. Have a great one! 🍻💙~  

• Love 4

July 14, 2024 

Lee Byung-hun Instagram Birthday update: 

Looks like he celebrated his birthday at the Microsoft Lounge in LA. The sparkling confetti cake is beautiful. He is also wearing socks with HBD written on them.(from his manager's IG story. Hehe 

"Thank you for celebrating my birthday."  

20240714-004408.jpg

20240714-004411.jpg

Spoiler

20240714-004554.jpg

Spoiler

20240714-004556.jpg

I was thinking how to wish him so that it matches his sense of humor. Yeah I have no life. Lol. All I could think of was to use his past dialogues and fun captions from his past IG post as references. It goes like this: 

"굿바이 말고 씨유 어게인, 생신 말고 생일, 54 말고 45, 해피 벗스데이 투 유 이병헌 배우님! 항상 응원합니다, 사랑합니다. 울 배우님의 이름 처럼 항상 Let's Be Happy!~" 

"Don't say goodbye, say See you again. Don't say birthday(bday word used for elderly), say birthday (used commonly), Don't say 54, say 45. Happy Birthday to you, actor Lee Byung-hun. I'll root for you and love you, always. Let's Be Happy always just like our actor's name says." 😊 

References: Mr. Sunshine Eushin anthem, his hashtag #생신말고생일 when ASHFALL staffs arranged a bday celebration for him and they used this Saenshin(polite birthday) word instead or Saengil and he corrected them in his hashtag playfully. Last one would be his own joke on his 52nd birthday where he reversed his age numbers on his candles to look as 25. 🤭 I just hope he reads all his comments and read mine too. Just a delulu attempt to make him laugh.✌️😃 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

July 15, 2024

Highlights from the recent eps of ‘Let’s Go 2’ where Mama Lee and Lee Eun hee appeared for the interview

These are pictures from the photo albums Lee Eun hee had in her house. It is my first time seeing these pictures especially the family pictorial with their maternal grandmother. I haven’t watched much of Lee Eun Hee’s previous variety show, so all this time, I was not sure how Charles Pak is related to LBH and thought he is a cousin hyung, lol but turns out he is by relation LBH’s maternal uncle. I was once really confused when a Korean fan mentioned him as a maternal uncle in the clip of him with baby Joon hoo. 😂 

april-2024-07-15-16-20-42-068.jpg

april-2024-07-15-16-22-33-595.jpg

During the interview, mama Lee mentioned that she raised her two kids in a very strict and scary ways. She also recalled a moment where LBH told in the media about her ways of parenting and joked how she would be in prison had it been in this new age and time. One of the MCs mentioned how LBH always went home early when he was young and even when he was having drinks with friends. Mama Lee apparently had a strict set of rules and curfew hours at home for her kids, and LBH made sure her rules were applied equally to her as well, as he’d get angry if she is home late. Haha. He was like father to his younger sister and always looked after her. But at times also teased her like a typical sibling brother when she was competing for Miss Korea saying, “if you don’t win Miss Korea, you’ll be embarrassed and I’ll be embarrassed, too, so what are you going to do?” Mama Lee said her ways of parenting only worked well because her kids listened to her and followed her well. She said that LBH still to this day listens to his mother and never go against her. About her daughter in law LMJ, she highly praised her and said she has nothing but good thoughts about her. From her position as a mother in law, there is nothing better than having a daughter in law who is good to her son, and someone who’s very sensible and a great mother to her own kids.

Besides this, Lee Eun Hee also talked about their father’s passing during his business trip  abroad, and how the family ended up with a huge debt after he left. She recalled that her brother paid all of that debt by working hard to the point that he even did commercials for which he gets made fun of till this day. 

There are no subs but here are the link to the video:

https://youtu.be/WwHM1O_8Iyo?si=0dtBmjgA_FMoDl2O

https://youtu.be/damba9QZoYU?si=BHVJC-UQSUMJtMue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

July 16, 2024 

[Exclusive] Actors Park Hee Soon, Cha Seung Won, and Yoon Ga Yi are entering Park Chan Wook's 'The Ax' world 

april-2024-07-15-23-41-40-224.jpg

Actors Park Hee soon, Cha Seung won, and Yoon Ga yi recently confirmed there appearance in the upcoming movie 'The Ax'. This is the first time Director Park is working with actor Park Hee soon, and he has worked with actor Cha Seung won recently on a Netflix series. Actress Yoon Ga yi has been chosen through tough audition. The film is said to begin full-scale filming in August. //

WOW!!! It’s a reunion of all reunions in the world of ‘The Ax’ by Director Park Chan Wook. ‘Our Blues’ karaoke duo from Pureung Village, Cha Seung Won and Lee Byung Hun reunion and hopefully they have more screen time this time. Also, one of my favorite duo Choi Myeong Gil and Lee Shi Baek from ‘The Fortress’, and also 'The Age of Shadows' cameo duo Park Hee Soon reuniting with LBH. 

april-2024-07-15-23-34-48-278.jpg

This scene of Choi Myeong Gil and Lee Shi Baek has it’s own separate fandom other than the fans of the movie itself and mostly from Japan. This is like a treat!! I hope they have a lot of screen time together too. I can’t believe after Lee Sung Min and Yoo Yeon Seok, LBH is reuniting with so many of his prominent co-stars from his previous project. Director Park Chan wook is collecting them like pokemons. 😊

Source article: Naver 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ephoenix said:

July 16, 2024 

[Exclusive] Actors Park Hee Soon, Cha Seung Won, and Yoon Ga Yi are entering Park Chan Wook's 'The Ax' world

Actors Park Hee soon, Cha Seung won, and Yoon Ga yi recently confirmed there appearance in the upcoming movie 'The Ax'. This is the first time Director Park is working with actor Park Hee soon, and he has worked with actor Cha Seung won recently on a Netflix series. Actress Yoon Ga yi has been chosen through tough audition. The film is said to begin full-scale filming in August. //

WOW!!! It’s a reunion of all reunions in the world of ‘The Ax’ by Director Park Chan Wook. ‘Our Blues’ karaoke duo from Pureung Village, Cha Seung Won and Lee Byung Hun reunion and hopefully they have more screen time this time. Also, one of my favorite duo Choi Myeong Gil and Lee Shi Baek from ‘The Fortress’, and also The Age of Shadows cameo duo Park Hee Soon reuniting with LBH. 

This scene of Choi Myeong Gil and Lee Shi Baek has it’s own separate fandom other than the fans of the movie itself and mostly from Japan. This is like a treat!! I hope they have a lot of screen time together too. I can’t believe after Lee Sung Min and Yoo Yeon Seok, LBH is reuniting with so many of his prominent co-stars from his previous project. Director Park Chan wook is collecting them like pokemons. 😊

Source article: Naver 

@Ephoenix  thanks for sharing this. This will be a reunion between Cha Seung Won and Lee Byung Hun after the drama “Our Blues..” This film is reportedly scheduled to begin full-scale filming next month (August).   :heart2:

• Like 1

On 7/16/2024 at 3:47 AM, willenette said:

@Ephoenix  thanks for sharing this. This will be a reunion between Cha Seung Won and Lee Byung Hun after the drama “Our Blues..” This film is reportedly scheduled to begin full-scale filming next month (August).   

You are welcome! ❤️ 

If I try and remember, I think they barely had two scenes together in Our Blues. First at the karaoke and at the final eps. Karaoke one was the memorable one because their impromptu dance-acting was very funny. One was like a spring man swinging back and forth, and another one was like a tall inflatable balloon man lol. No one can copy their unique skills in dancing. Lol. I just hope the screentime is much more than what Our Blues gave us. 🙏 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611af209dee136f041da7

giphy.gif?cid=790b76116f70972f05d5b5216b

• LOL 1

19 hours ago, Ephoenix said:

You are welcome! ❤️ 

If I try and remember, I think they barely had two scenes together in Our Blues. First at the karaoke and at the final eps. Karaoke one was the memorable one because their impromptu dance-acting was very funny. One was like a spring man swinging back and forth, and another one was like a tall inflatable balloon man lol. No one can copy their unique skills in dancing. Lol. I just hope the screentime is much more than what Our Blues gave us. 🙏 

@Ephoenix  They had very few scenes together. But, both were so good at acting. Their scenes together seems like an acting battle.  Yes, that was a funny scene. I loved the scene.   :Megalol:   :heart3:

Movies and TV shows that are too hard to skip

2. Masquerade

Masquerade stars Lee Byung Hun in a riveting dual role as the paranoid King Gwanghae and his humble look-alike, Ha Sun. When the king faces an assassination threat, Ha Sun steps in, bringing compassion and justice to the throne. 

With more than 12.3 million tickets sold during its release, this historical drama movie captivates with its gripping plot, superb performances, and swept victories at the Grand Bell Awards.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/shim-eun-kyung-movies-and-tv-shows-1330976

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas, movies, or OTT content released between June 23 and July 23.    :kisslevel:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Um Tae Goo
  2. Lee Jung Jae
  3. Apink’s Jeong Eun Ji
  4. Lee Je Hoon
  5. Jang Nara
  6. Lee Jung Eun
  7. Park Ji Hwan
  8. Go Youn Jung
  9. Baek Seo Hoo
  10. Kim Hee Sun
  11. Go Min Si
  12. Choi Jin Hyuk
  13. Choi Woo Shik
  14. Ha Jung Woo
  15. Ma Dong Seok
  16. Han Sun Hwa
  17. Lee Yoo Young
  18. Lee Seo Jin
  19. Lee Byung Hun
  20. Han Chae Young
  21. Song Joong Ki
  22. Nam Ji Hyun
  23. Ji Sung
  24. Chun Woo Hee
  25. Hwang Jung Min
  26. Jo Aram
  27. Lee Jung Ha
  28. Lee Do Hyun
  29. Wi Ha Joon
  30. Kim Hee Ae

117096_250170_027.jpg

117096_250171_038.jpg

source : https://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=117096

Community Bonds: K-drama Neighborhoods that are One Big Family

1721404309-20240719-211902.jpg

K-dramas depicting neighborhoods as one big family offer us a sense of comfort and warmth. These series uniquely capture the essence of community, portraying neighborhoods where everyone knows and helps each other. Whether set in the nostalgic past or the vibrant present, these dramas remind us of the importance of human connection and mutual support.

Let’s delve into five hit K-dramas with neighborhoods that are like one big family, providing a comforting reminder of the strength and warmth of a close-knit community.

These K-dramas beautifully capture the essence of community, showcasing how neighborhoods can become one big family.

OUR BLUES

“Our Blues" tells a story about a community living on the picturesque coastal Jeju Island, where the sea meets the land and lives are intertwined. The drama weaves together multiple stories of love, loss, and redemption, with the sea as a silent witness to the community's collective experiences. The residents share a deep connection, often gathering at the local market or by the shore to support each other.

source : allkpop

10 healing K-dramas to soothe your soul when you need to escape and heal

Have a look at these 10 healing K-dramas and let these beautiful tales of love, friendship, and nostalgia uplift your spirit and assuage your soul.

In a world that often rushes by in a blur of responsibilities and chaos, finding moments of solace is essential, and when it comes to solace, K-dramas have a way of providing us with the same in a way that soothes our spirit and warms our heart.

Within the vibrant world of K-dramas lies a sanctuary, an escape from a tiresome reality. These ten K-dramas are not just simple stories, they are heartwarming journeys filled with love, laughter, and important life lessons. 

Whether you're seeking comfort, an escape, or simply a reminder to find beauty in life's ordinary moments, these dramas promise to give you the same and enwrap you with a tender embrace to heal your soul from within.

Each of these K-dramas offers sanctuary for the soul, an escape from the clamor of everyday life. Whether it's the picturesque landscapes of seaside villages, or the moments of self-discovery and healing, these dramas make themselves perfect for those seeking to heal their souls and find comfort amidst the chaos.

9. Our Blues (2022)

Our Blues presents a beautiful medley of interconnected stories set against the stunning backdrop of Jeju Island. Each character’s journey in the drama excellently paints the portrait of life’s highs and lows.

This spectacular cast and compelling storyline of this drama provides a wonderful depiction of resilience, healing, and the beauty of human connection amidst life’s sorrows and struggles.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/10-healing-k-dramas-to-soothe-your-soul-hometown-cha-cha-cha-welcome-to-samdalri-and-more-1331313

Watch in 2024: Rising Stars and Seasoned Veterans

photo1856536.jpg

The world of Korean entertainment is constantly evolving, and every year brings a new wave of talent that captures the hearts of audiences both domestically and internationally. As we move into 2024, several actors are poised to make significant impacts on the industry. From rising stars breaking into the scene to seasoned veterans continuing to dazzle with their performances, these actors are the ones to watch. If you've ever wondered how to become an actor in the competitive world of Korean entertainment, these talents offer a glimpse into the dedication and versatility required to succeed.

Seasoned Veterans

photo1856531.jpg

6. Lee Byung-hun

Lee Byung-hun is another veteran actor whose career achievements are noteworthy. Known for his roles in "Mr. Sunshine", "I Saw the Devil", and Hollywood films like "G.I. Joe", Lee's talent transcends borders. His upcoming projects in 2024 are highly anticipated, promising to deliver the stellar performances he is known for. Lee's career demonstrates the importance of building a strong foundation in one's home country while being open to international opportunities.

How to Become an Actor: Lessons from the Best

The careers of these top Korean actors offer several key takeaways for those aspiring to enter the industry. Here are some tips inspired by their journeys:

1. Continuous Learning and Improvement

Whether you're just starting or are an experienced actor, continuous learning and improvement are crucial. Attend acting classes, workshops, and continuously seek feedback to hone your craft.

2. Versatility is Key

Diversify the types of roles you take on. This not only showcases your range as an actor but also keeps you relevant in a competitive industry.

3. Building a Strong Network

Connections in the industry can open doors to new opportunities. Attend industry events, network with other actors, directors, and casting agents, and be professional in all your interactions.

4. Perseverance Pays Off

The journey to becoming a successful actor is often long and filled with challenges. Stay persistent, keep auditioning, and don't be discouraged by rejections. Each experience is a stepping stone to your ultimate goal.

5. Adaptability

Be open to exploring different genres and formats, including stage, television, and film. Adaptability can lead to more varied and interesting roles.

6. Global Mindset

With the increasing globalization of the entertainment industry, being open to international projects can expand your career horizons. Learn new languages, understand different cultures, and be ready to take on roles in different countries.

Conclusion

The Korean entertainment industry continues to thrive, thanks to the incredible talent of its actors. As we look forward to 2024, the careers of rising stars like Lee Do-hyun, Han So-hee, and Kim Seon-ho, alongside veterans like Song Kang-ho, Bae Doona, and Lee Byung-hun, promise to deliver outstanding performances that will captivate audiences worldwide. Their journeys offer valuable insights and inspiration for anyone aspiring to break into the acting world. By following their examples of continuous learning, versatility, networking, perseverance, adaptability, and maintaining a global mindset, you too can navigate the challenging path of how to become an actor and achieve success in this dynamic industry.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.hancinema.net/watch-in-2024-rising-stars-and-seasoned-veterans-178608.html

• Like 1

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from June 16 to July 16.  :Twerkdatbutt:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Lee Jung Jae
  2. Lee Je Hoon
  3. Um Tae Goo
  4. Park Ji Hwan
  5. Lee Seo Jin
  6. Ha Jung Woo
  7. Choi Min Sik
  8. Lee Byung Hun
  9. Song Joong Ki
  10. Go Min Si
  11. Lee Jung Eun
  12. Chun Woo Hee
  13. Go Youn Jung
  14. Son Suk Ku
  15. Lee Sung Min
  16. Choi Woo Shik
  17. Hwang Jung Min
  18. Ma Dong Seok
  19. Park Seo Joon
  20. Song Kang Ho
  21. Gong Seung Yeon
  22. Wi Ha Joon
  23. Kang Dong Won
  24. Yeo Jin Goo
  25. Sung Dong Il

116782_249557_2515.jpg

116782_249558_2523.jpg

source : https://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=116782

August 1, 2024

[Squid Game 2] Date announcement 

"IT'S BEEN 3 YEARS! DO YOU WANT TO PLAY AGAIN?"

Netflix dropped an announcement teaser for Squid Game S2. It will be released on December 26th, while the final season is set to be released in 2025. 

april-2024-07-31-19-39-00-719.jpg

I had just finished watching S1 yesterday for the first time because I felt like it's about time they'd drop the teaser. My only wish for this series is to see Hwang In-ho in full action on the game field without a front man mask. I don't see any other way for him to confront with Lee Jung Jae's character otherwise. The anticipation for this series among its fans are crazy. I hope they meet all the expectations and more.🙏