Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

*** On May 31, K-media outlet OSEN reported that Squid Game 2  has ended filming already. They will have a two-day wrap party in Gapyeong, Gyeonggi Do, on June 11 and 12. The celebration will see participation from key actors like Lee Jung Jae, Lee Byung Hyun, Gong Yoo, Wi Ha Joon, and Kang Ha Neul, who are adjusting their schedules to join. The drama will be released in the second half of the year.   :kitty:

• Like 1

*** Comedian Shin Dong-yeob shared a funny story about the baby daughter of Lee Byung Hun and his wife, Lee Min-jung during RAIN guested on his YouTube show 'Zzanbro'. During the show, they talked about their close friends, Lee Byung Hun and Song Seung Hun, and how humorous they are in real life when they seem serious on TV. "I find Byung Hun and Seung Hun hilarious.", Shin Dong-yeob said, "Seung Hun revealed that side of him a little during his recent guest appearance here." Whenever Byung Hun is in private talks, he tries to make his friends laugh as if his life depended on it. And he always succeeds. However, he slips right back into his celebrity persona whenever there's a camera and other people around. Like, 'Hello, it's Lee Byung Hun here.'. RAIN said Lee Byung Hun is the funniest member of their friend group, including Shin Dong-yeob, Song Seung Hun and PSY. Byung Hun is an amazing actor with a great spectrum of facial expressions and vocal tone. But when in a private setting, the guy couldn't be more light-hearted.", RAIN added. Then, Shin Dong-yeob talked about his recent visit to Lee Byung Hun's house, where he and Song Seung Hun met his adorable baby girl. "Byung Hun, Seung Hun, and I were drinking outside that day, and Byung Hun suggested continuing the fun at his place. When we got there, the baby was asleep. Lee Min-jung woke the baby to get her dressed in a pretty outfit, which made her cry.", the comedian said. "Lee Min-jung held the baby in her arms to soothe her, but she continued to cry. I tried baby talk to help the baby feel better, but it had no effect. 'Oh, she's just upset because I disturbed her sleep and changed her clothes.', Lee Min-jung told me." "Seung Hun then came to see the baby. 'Aww!', he exclaimed as he waved his hands at her. Then, instantly, the baby stopped crying.", Shin Dong-yeob said, and RAIN added, "Wow, even a baby can recognize good looks!" "She stopped crying and started playing shyly!", the comedian playfully exclaimed, mimicking the baby's reaction to Song Seung Hun. "Lee Min-jung was taken aback, like, 'Oh, my. Why is she doing that??'.", Shin Dong-yeob concluded, and the entire table erupted in applause and laughter.    :kicks:

201940788_700.webp

201940789_700.webp

source : SBS Star

• Like 2

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for advertisement models! The rankings were determined through an analysis of consumer behavior, using big data collected from May 6 to June 6. The Korean Business Research Institute evaluated the participation, communication, media, and social values of popular advertisement models in order to calculate each star’s total brand reputation index for June.    :kisslevel:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Lim Young Woong
  2. Kim Soo Hyun
  3. Byeon Woo Seok
  4. Son Heung Min
  5. Gong Yoo
  6. IVE
  7. Lee Jung Jae
  8. Ma Dong Seok
  9. Son Suk Ku
  10. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
  11. BTS
  12. Yoo Jae Suk
  13. SEVENTEEN
  14. BLACKPINK
  15. ILLIT
  16. aespa
  17. Girls’ Generation’s YoonA
  18. Lee Byung Hun
  19. Kim Hye Yoon
  20. Lee Chan Won
  21. LE SSERAFIM
  22. IU
  23. Kim Yuna
  24. Park Eun Bin
  25. Lee Hyori
  26. Kim Hye Soo
  27. Baek Jong Won
  28. Jung Hae In
  29. Song Kang Ho
  30. Park Bo Gum

optimize

optimize

source : https://www.starnewskorea.com/stview.php?no=2024060608134195148

June 9, 2024 

Lee Byung hun with his younger sister Lee Eun Hee 

Lee Byung hun visited his younger sister to support her new pet cafe Paul Friends with LMJ and his close friends. It had a grand opening last month. His sister wrote in caption: 

“My beloved older brother dropped by..” She used a traditional Jeju dialect to address her older brother as ‘Ora-bang’, which is used mostly for older brothers in 40s and 50s and also in a playful manner. This is my first time seeing the two shot of these siblings after I started following LBH and his projects in 2018. He sure is goofing around in the picture hehe. It must be annoying in this hot weather but thankfully his long hair is still intact haha. 

april-2024-06-09-17-10-22-839.jpg

📸 Lee Eun Hee IG 

At first, I thought wow this is my first time seeing LBH with something other than his regular prayer beads on his wrist, but it turns out the picture is a reversed one. The beauty mole on his left ear is clearly on the right side, so naturally the beads will be on the hidden side (confirmed on his friend Hyunseok Choi’s IG, where his back has a cameo! 😂) It’s needless to say I am a little obsessed with those prayer beads 😅 

april-2024-06-09-17-13-17-898.jpg

📸 Paul friends IG 

Lee Min Jung with her sister-in-law looking happy and having fun together. I’ve seen mama Lee and her voice cameo in LBH’s friends IG during their barbecue times at home, but I really wish to see mother and son two-shot together some day, too. I think the last one I saw was probably when LBH had his hand foot printing ceremony in front of.the Chinese theater in LA. That was a long long time ago….. ~ 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

June 12, 2024 

Lee Byung Hun Instagram Update: 

Throwback picture of representative model for Louis Castel clothing brand Mr. Lee Byung hun at the 7th Green cup day, which was held last month. 💚❤️

78cc485955e144cda200ac27317539d0.jpg

June 11 and 12 were said to be the days for the wrap up party of Squid Game 2 and LBH was among the attendees, but it seems the whole event was held in private as there is literally nothing up on the internet….not even a fan cam of some sort. Hopefully they will release it later. 

Anyway, I am super excited to share that I made it to the First 100 submissions that will be part of the Hangeul Wall project in New York Korean Cultural Center. 🥳 It is said that there will be 1000 final pieces that will be installed onto the wall in September. So, 900 more to go. I am not sure how they selected but LMJ was among the selected one while LBH is not. They also said that there will be both physical and digital wall, so I am not quite sure whether the selected 100 is for the physical wall yet. Let’s hope it is! I am really thrilled and happy nonetheless that there will be something from mine that will share the same place with MJBH. All the best, guys!! Fighting! I hope we all make it to the wall! ❤️💛💚💙🧡💜🤎🤍🖤~

Spoiler

april-2024-06-12-16-42-49-259.jpg

📸 @kccny IG https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8H9FQCO3O2/?igsh=ZTV3Z2wxOWpqODVl

• Like 3

June 13, 2024 

Lee Byung hun participated in the narration of mobile game LineageM: Episode Zero. 

Yet another narration project for the voice king Lee Byung Hun. The official youtube channel of the mobile game LineageM released the making video with LBH yesterday. His message, 

“Hello, this is Lee Byung hun. I just finished recording for the Lineage M. I want to sincerely congratulate you on your 7th anniversary. I hope for a lot of interest from users as well. Thank you.”

april-2024-06-13-02-45-10-146.jpg

Hearing another teaser for the game, it seems actor Ryu Seung Ryung also participated in the narration because the voice really sounded like him. If it is, then is this their next collaboration after Shinsege franchise? I wish they’d done a combine narration with both. Their voice dynamics is amazing! 

YouTube link: https://youtu.be/YOOOMIpdevk?si=qBoipdJ_f_Yh24lv

• Like 4

*** According to the OSEN report on June 14th, the filming for Netflix’s hit series Squid Game has wrapped, with both Season 2 and Season 3 set for sequential release. The cast and crew recently concluded filming the new seasons, which spanned 11 months from July last year to June this year. They enjoyed a two-day wrap party in Gapyeong, featuring water sports and a barbecue. OSEN exclusively reported that Seasons 2 and 3 were being filmed simultaneously. Both seasons were shot back-to-back. Ohhh................. it’s like filming one long story and splitting it into Seasons 2 and 3. Season 2 of Squid Game will consist of six episodes, with Season 3 expected to have a similar count of six to seven episodes. The gap between the two seasons won’t be long. Speculation is rampant about what to expect in Season 2, that there will be more intense games than in Season 1. Whether this will come true remains to be seen. The new season is expected to premiere in the second half of this year.   :kaching3:

Squidgame_2024-Slate-Announcement_02-136

photo source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/ranking/article/109/0005097465

• Like 2

"Squid Game" Reportedly Wraps Filming For Seasons 2 And 3 + Netflix Comments

20240614104600_Lee-Jung-Jae-squid-game-2

“Squid Game” Seasons 2 and 3 may be released in close succession!

On June 14, OSEN reported that the cast and crew of “Squid Game” recently wrapped up filming for both seasons and celebrated with a two-day wrap party in Gapyeong on June 11 and 12. The report quoted a source who said, “It’s true that Seasons 2 and 3 were filmed at the same time. To be precise, a long story was filmed, which will be split and released as Seasons 2 and 3.”

According to the report, Season 2 will consist of six episodes, while Season 3 will feature around six to seven episodes.

It’s anticipated that both seasons, having already been filmed, will be released with just a short gap between them, akin to Netflix’s other hit series “The Glory.”

In response to the report, Netflix commented, “We’re in the final stages of preparing for the release of ‘Squid Game’ Season 2. We can’t provide definitive details about Season 3 yet.”

“Squid Game” centers on a mysterious survival game with a reward of 45.6 billion won (approximately $33 million) on the line. Season 2 picks up with Sung Ki Hoon (Lee Jung Jae), who gave up on going to the United States to pursue his own goals linked to the deadly game he won in Season 1.

The cast of “Squid Game 2” includes returning stars Lee Jung Jae, Lee Byung Hun, and Wi Ha Joon as well as new cast members Im SiwanKang Ha NeulPark Gyu Young, Jo Yu Ri, Won Ji An,  Park Sung Hoon, Yang Dong Geun, T.O.PLee Jin Wook, David Lee, Noh Jae Won, Kang Ae Sim, and Oh Dal Soo.

During a guest appearance on Yoo Jae Suk’s YouTube show “Pinggyego” on May 17, Lee Jung Jae shared, “‘Squid Game’ Season 2 is in its final stages of filming. It will be released in winter.”

Stay tuned for more updates!

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

10 Married Korean actors who found happily ever after

They have managed to maintain both personal and professional lives with ease. K-dramas are no longer confined to South Korea alone, they have become an international phenomenon and people from all over the world enjoy the unique shows.

As much as the actors have swept the viewers off their feet with their on-screen romance, they have also managed to find true love in real life. These married Korean actors are shining examples of how one can manage both a healthy married life and a professional career, despite being under the limelight. 

Without further ado, let’s check out some of these Korean power couples who continue to amaze fans with their strong presence and love for each other.

9. Lee Byung Hun

Lee Byung Hun, a prominent actor who appeared in K-dramas such as Iris, Mr. Sunshine, and more, married actress Lee Min Jung in 2013. Despite some challenges in their relationship, the couple has remained strong and supportive of each other. Lee Byung Hun's illustrious career in both Korean and international cinema is well-balanced by his personal life with Lee Min Jung and their son.  

source : Pinkvilla

• Like 1

June 21, 2024 

Lee Byung Hun at the MLB match in San Diego supporting Infielder Kim Ha Seong from San Diego Padres 

LBH and family visited the Petco Park in San Diego, CA, to support MLB team San Diego Padres, against their match with Brewers. San Diego Padres’ official twitter and Instagram account shared his moments with the winning team’s infielder and fellow Korean Kim Ha-Seong before the match. They exchanged gifts of WHOO wine and what looked like a signed baseball merch, a bubble-head figurine of the player.

It appeared that LBH was there as a representative member of Visit California Korea since he was also present as one of the VIP member at the MLB series Seoul event in March. Both LBH and the team’s IG shared a really heartwarming pics of Lee family at the game with LBH giving such a big Hyung energy. They wrote, “Front Man, Welcome to Petco Park.” And LBH wrote, “Ha-Seon KIM, who echoed at the stadium. You are cool! (with special emphasis on KIM)

LMJ sporting the Ha Seong Kim jersey and LBH with his initials and of course his signature no. 1☝️Anyway, one of our fellow LBH fan mentioned LBH is said to be there to promote Squid game 2 as well. I am not so sure because it seems too early?? Netflix will be too busy with it’s beloved Sweet Home S3 for the next 2 months and LBH will be starting The Ax from August. Also, Lee Jung Jae is busy promoting his new movie The Acolyte. But we never know since we still have full July. It is possible that LBH may have been planning to finish vacations, work and overseas promotion all within these few months. Still reminds me of that K-drama fanatic mechanic dad role he was gonna do every time he is in LA. Lol. He might as well finish that one, too. 😆 

20240621-004711.jpg

20240621-104804.jpg

20240621-000535.jpg

Pics from both LBH’s and San Diego Padres’ IG 

Spoiler

20240621-000537.jpg

Spoiler

20240621-000539.jpg

Spoiler

20240621-000540.jpg

Spoiler

20240621-104802.jpg

Spoiler

20240621-104806.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8fi8liJPYo/?igsh=MXA1cGV4b2dydTVkbw==

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

We All Need the Summer Vibes: 8 Summertime K-Dramas to Watch

Summer means everyone is outdoors most of the time, but if you want to relax at home yet still immerse yourself in summer vibes, sit back, relax, and enjoy these eight summer-inspired K-dramas for all the summer feels.

5. “Our Blues”: With a star-studded lineup, “Our Blues” caught public attention, but this series is more than just its cast. Each character has their own story, making it heart-wrenching and reflective, truly a series that makes you ponder your own life.

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/06/we-all-need-the-summer-vibes-8-summertime-k-dramas-to-watch

June 30, 2024 

Lee Byung Hun Instagram update 

LBH at the Dodgers Stadium LA looking refreshing and bright in white. Also, 180cm tall, flaunting those sexy, toned legs, all thanks to LMJ because that’s so her style of taking pics. Not sure if it’s from yesterday even though there was a match for San Diego Padres with Red Sox, but whatever it is, the man is doing a wonderful job promoting himself, Visit California and Discover LA, looking super cool and youthful. His boyfriend style pics are always very eye-catching, not to mention he’s all donned in white. 😎

20240630_010220.jpg

20240630_010234.jpg
📸 LBH IG 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has published its brand reputation rankings for all stars during the month of June! The rankings were determined through an analysis of various stars’ media coverage, consumer participation, interaction, and community awareness indexes, using big data collected from May 30 to June 30.    :emmm:

1. Byeon Woo Seok
  2. Lim Young Woong
  3. BTS
  4. SEVENTEEN
  5. IVE
  6. Kim Soo Hyun
  7. ILLIT
  8. Yoo Jae Suk
  9. Ryu Hyun Jin
  10. TWICE
  11. IU
  12. aespa
  13. Kim Yeon Koung
  14. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
  15. Baek Jong Won
  16. BLACKPINK
  17. Lee Chan Won
  18. Chun Woo Hee
  19. Young Tak
  20. Lee Hyori
  21. Kim Hye Yoon
  22. LE SSERAFIM
  23. Red Velvet
  24. Girls’ Generation
  25. BIBI
  26. Kim Ha Seong
  27. Kim Jong Kook
  28. Son Heung Min
  29. Lee Byung Hun
  30. Park Bo Gum

116092_248129_3625.jpg

source : https://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=116092

Escaping the metropolis: K-dramas set beyond Seoul’s busy streets

While most South Korean dramas are set against the vibrant metropolis of Seoul, there exists a whole world of narratives unfolding beyond the capital, offering viewers a glimpse into the country’s scenic landscapes and coastal areas, all without the need to visit the country in person.

Below is our selection of K-dramas that take viewers outside of Seoul, showcasing the beauty of Korea beyond its famed capital city.

Our Blues (2022)

Starring: Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-a, Cha Seung-won, Lee Jung-eun, Han Ji-min, Kim Woo-bin, Uhm Jung-hwa

Boasting a star-studded cast, “Our Blues” follows multiple stories about people who live and work in Jeju Island. It even earned praise in a Teen Vogue review for its exploration of profound themes, including child abuse, debts, teen pregnancy and bullying, among others. 

source : https://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/2024/6/30/escaping-the-metropolis-k-dramas-set-beyond-seoul-s-busy-streets-1415

• Like 1

*** According to the reports, the project of director Park Chan Wook together with Lee Byung Hun and Son Ye Jin  along with Lee Sung Min and Yeom Hye Ran is currently in the stages of sorting out copyright issues as the film is based on an original project. Sports DongA reported on July 2 that according to industry insiders, Yoo Yeon Seok is also confirmed to star in this movie.   :kitty:

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/382/0001135332

• Awesome 1

July 2, 2024 

Current line-up of actors for the upcoming Park Chan-wook movie THE AX 

According to the news outlet from yesterday, Yoo Yeon Seok is in talks to star in director Park Chan Wook’s next project following “Decision to Leave.” If he confirms, it would be his reunion with the renowned director after 21 years since starring in “OLDBOY,” which marked his debut on the big screen in 2003. In response to the reports, CJ ENM and Yoo Yeon Seok’s agency KINGKONG by STARSHIP shared, “He received an offer and is reviewing it.”

According to the reports, the project is one that director Park Chan Wook has been preparing for many years. Currently, the production team is in the stages of sorting out copyright issues as the film is based on an original project. Earlier, it was revealed that Lee Byung Hun and Son Ye Jinare in talks for the film along with Lee Sung Min and Yeom Hye Ran.

april-2024-07-02-11-45-16-187.jpg

Whoa!! It’s indeed an ace acting party in THE AX. It’s a crazy line-up! 

I am just doubly excited because its a reunion of my Mr. Sunshine faves in MS anniversary month. Eugene Choi and Gu Dong Mae, my partner-in-crime duo, my Eumae. 

I haven’t watched the movie yet but I watched the spoiler content detailed review video, and I cannot really figure where these new characters will fit in. I have a little hunch for Lee Sung min because his aura fits perfectly for this one character who’s also a former laid-off employee, and has a bit of a special connection with the protagonist. They really are too grand of an actors to just be on screen for few moments as characters and to be k-worded off just like that. Yoo Yeon-seok and Yeom Hye-ran could be few of those challenging candidates. YYS could be a policeman, too, but thats too boring. This is Concrete Utopia all over again and here I am counting chickens before they hatch, again. lol 

The original movie didn’t give off the dark vibe that I have imagined, but since this is Director Park’s genre, I have a high expectations for it be insanely dark. 

41-B7-C759-47-EC-4-D55-AC5-B-919-AA9-F62

They kept talking about killing each other from all sorts of ways throughout the series, now this might be the chance they’ll actually get to practice one, lol. Yoo Yeon-seok’s last role in the drama was a serial killer and he was insanely good in that drama with Lee Sung Min. So, this is another exciting reunion to be happy about for me. :wub:

Related articles: Soompi 

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas, movies, or OTT content released between May 27 and June 27.      :kaching3:

1. Byeon Woo Seok
  2. Chun Woo Hee
  3. Ma Dong Seok
  4. Song Seung Heon
  5. Lee Jung Jae
  6. Kim Hye Yoon
  7. Song Geon Hee
  8. Roh Jeong Eui
  9. Son Suk Ku
  10. Wi Ha Joon
  11. Kang Dong Won
  12. Kim Hee Sun
  13. Kim Moo Yeol
  14. Ji Sung
  15. Jang Ki Yong
  16. Tang Wei
  17. Park Ji Hwan
  18. Go Youn Jung
  19. Park So Yi
  20. Jung Ryeo Won
  21. Claudia Kim
  22. Park Sang Won
  23. Lee Chae Min
  24. Gong Yoo
  25. Lee Hye Young
  26. Ryu Jun Yeol
  27. Lee Byung Hun
  28. Song Joong Ki
  29. Park Seo Joon
  30. Ha Jung Woo

source : https://www.yeongnam.com/web/view.php?key=20240628001539358

July 4, 2024 

yl6u9p.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS, GUYS!!! 🎊🥳🫶💜 

WE MADE IT TO THE HANGEUL WALL WITH LEE BYUNG HUN AND LEE MIN JUNG!! 🥰

Grid-Art-20240704-132949867.jpg

Congratulations, my dear friends @Annelyse Court @Sheen90x and @milkzywayz ♥️~

Today, Korean cultural center in New York updated the 1000 finalists of ‘Hangeul Wall Project’ on their instagram. We made it!! I am thrilled to be part of this amazing cultural project along with LBH, LMJ and us all. So happy and excited! We are all categorized in different sections based on our messages. LBH, LMJ and Taeyang are in Encouragement section. Me and Lisa are in Self-reflection section. Annelyse is in Life Lessons, and Mr. Ahn Sang Goo is in Culture section.

They also released a catalog and the numbering based on sections are like this: 

Encouragement

293. Lee Byung Hun— If you lose (let go) strength, you will gain greater strength. 

297. Lee Min Jung— It’s okay to fall, just get up again.  

356. Taeyang— Our lives improve only when we take chances.

Self-reflection:

459. Eliza— It’s your life, live at your own pace. 

466. Lisa— Focus on the step in front of you, not the whole staircase. 

Life Lessons:

643. Annelyse— A smile can cure all ills.

Culture:

987. Ahn Sang Goo— Let’s go to Mojito and have a cup of Maldives. 

[FULL ARTICLE] HANGEUL WALL PROJECT 

Ik-Joong Kang leads a global campaign, creating the world's first “Hangeul Wall,” which will be unveiled at the Korean Cultural Center New York in September 2024. 

Since the inauguration of the Hangeul Wall website (www.hangeulwall.org) in May 2024, the project has attracted significant global interest and enthusiasm, accumulating over 7.7 million views worldwide. This bilingual platform, accessible in both English and Korean, invites individuals to create their own artworks using 24 Hangeul characters, drawing inspiration from personal reflections and wisdom under the theme of “Things I Love to Talk about.” Additionally, it provides an educational opportunity for participants to explore the historical significance of Hangeul.

From the submissions received by June 30th, 1,000 pieces are selected through online voting by the public and review by the artist to become part of the Hangeul Wall, announced on July 4th. Subsequently, after an intensive three-month period of production and installation, the Hangeul Wall will be revealed in an impressive scale of  26 x 72 ft (8 x 22 meters), filled with 20,000 Hangeul tiles. This monumental wall will serve as a symbolic testament to the rich cultural heritage of Hangeul and the genuine freedom of expression cherished by global citizens.

Source: Kccny 

Screenshot-20240704-125857-Chrome.jpg 

Ahn Sang Goo made it too!! His message is, “Let’s go to Mojito and have a cup of Maldives.” Congrats to him, too.😜🍸 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

July 6, 2024 

Lee Min Jung Instagram update with the cutest honey 🐝 Birdie Seo Yi 

Her caption: 

“I thought she was sitting better these days, but even though there was a mat behind, she was surprised by the thump sound (when she fell on her back) and cried for the first time in a while ㅠㅠ…So, she is wearing a head cushion since yesterday. The world’s parenting items have gotten a lot better.” 

20240705-225324.jpg

📸 Lee Min Jung Instagram 

Awww……look at those cute cheeks and her antennas!!🥰 Our cutest honey bee with her cutest little wings and matching clothes. She is soon to be 7 months old and she is growing up really well. Also, she has so much hair. Babies are the cutest when they start sitting up and smile with their 2 little teeth popping out. Seo-yi yah, grow up well.🥰

• Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

July 7, 2024 

Happy 6th Anniverary to my dearest and most beloved Mr. Sunshine!! 💐 

Forever having picnic with this timeless masterpiece and my beloved OT5. In our freed nation, see you again! ♥️

20210706-053529.gif

• Like 2