Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Source: Daily Korea 

A belated media update: Singer Lee Moon Sae posted a photo with Lee Min Jung & Lee Byung Hun on SNS. The couple who went to watch his Seoul Concert had dropped by backstage at the waiting room to meet with the singer.

Not sure of the concert date, but sometime in the beginning of the year (perhaps, May?) as MJ's hair was longer.

issue777720171210200032_K_00_C_1.jpg

• Like 3

Another BHMJ related update. Thanks to the fan highlight on twitter, a compilation of 6 videos posted by Paradise City feat. the Dinner Gala and show. 

From the 3rd video onward, we can see glimpses of LBH and LMJ enjoying themselves with friends and other guests at the Opening night. Look carefully, we can even catch a sweet moment between the couple, too. :wub: Check it out!

Clips: Phillip Chun @phillip_paradise

20170420_hc1.jpg
  • Like 3

HAHAHA... LBH is so uncool! th_lmfao.gif Totally funny and nothing like he ever did recently. th_laughing.gif Looks like he has a great chemistry with PJM, who's really good too.

Published on December 10, 2017 by Lee Min Sung

IT'S ONLY MY WORLD First Trailer

20171211_2.jpg

• Like 3

December 11, 2017

Lee Byung Hun’s congratulatory message at the 17th Director’s Cut Awards ceremony (a translation)

20171211.jpg

“My sincerest congratulations!  When watching movies, I felt the actors worked really hard.  This is precisely because good acting creates great work.  Congratulations again, I will work very hard next year. “ 

Source: http://t.cn/RTLBy3F?m=4183511553906810&u=6318381706 

a LBH fan @ Weibo 

• Like 3

MJ just posted a photo in New York.. very likely the family is there now as there's no news updates of LBH in Korea either. Nonetheless, the unexpected release of the new teaser & posters for IT'S ONLY MY WORLD are really a great treat of what's coming in 2018. Even if MR. SUNSHINE is taking longer to happen.

December 11, 2017

10 most anticipated Korean dramas of 2018

By Ambili S International Business Times

There is no doubt 2017 was the year of surprises in the Korean drama world. Dramas like 'Because This is My First Life,' was a sleeper hit with fans still reeling over the wonderful screenplay and acting. As the curtains are down for 2017, here we take a look at some of the most anticipated dramas scheduled for 2018.

Mr Sunshine

tvN's Mr Sunshine is one of the most anticipated dramas of 2018 penned by writer Kim Eun Sook of Goblin and Descendants of the Sun fame. The drama will be aired every Saturdays and Sundays. The casting includes Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Ri, Yoo Yeon Seok, Byun Yo Han, and Kim Sarang. Kim has earlier revealed that she wants her male lead to be well-versed in English as an integral part of the story will be set in the United States.

imglee-byung-hun.jpg

A recent article on Soompi revealed that the drama will be set in the Japanese occupation of Korea in the early 1900s. It narrates the story of a Korean man who fakes an identity of a soldier in the United States Army. After embarking on a battleship during the United States expedition to Korea, he goes back to the Joseon where he falls for a woman from an aristocratic family. Well, that sounds like a lot of action, drama, romance and sentiments.

Spoiler

Radio Romance

Kim So Hyun teams up with Yoon Doo Joon for this new-age healing romance. It is set to air in January 2018 on KBS2's Mondays and Tuesdays at 22:00 (KST) time slot. The drama centres around the love story a top actor turned DJ for a live radio show and his scriptwriter with excellent planning skills.

Suits

Based on the American television series Suits by Aaron Korsh, this legal drama revolves around a legendary lawyer who takes a genius rookie lawyer under his wing. Park Hung Sik will play the role of Mike Ross, the illegal law school student with sharp intelligence while Jang Dong Gun will be the Korean version of Harvey Specter, the best closer in the city.

Four Men

Park Hae Jin is all set to appear as quadruplet brothers in his upcoming drama tentatively titled Four Sons. Reportedly, the drama will be aired on SBS in the first half of 2018. The pre-filmed drama is a mystery thriller that revolves around a female detective, played by After School's Nana, who discovers the quadruple brothers of the man she loved.

My Ahjussi

Singer-actor IU is making her comeback with tvN's upcoming drama My Ahjussi. The pretty lady is paired opposite Lee Sun Gyun in this rom-com. The drama revolves around the story of a 40-something man and a 20-something woman. IU will portray the role of the debt-ridden Lee Ji Ahn. She is working non-stop to repay her debuts because of which she neither dreams or hopes for anything. Ji Ahn also had a troubled childhood where she was left behind to live with her sick grandmother since six. The drama will be aired in the first half of 2018.

Are you Human Too?

In this sci-fi romance, Seo Kang-joon plays the role of a wealthy heir who falls into coma after an accident. His mother, who is also an artificial intelligence expert, creates an android named Nam Shin III which identically looks like his twin. And then, there is a bodyguard Kang So-bong (Gong Seung-yeon). This 18-episode drama will be aired in the first half of 2018 in KBS2.

Clean With Passion Now

Based on a webtoon, the drama revolves around two personalities— Jang Sun Kyul, the wealthy owner of a cleaning company who suffers from severe mysophobia and is obsessed with cleaning and the carefree Gil Oh Sol (Kim Yoo Jung), who is optimistic but untidy. JTBC is planning to air the drama early 2018.

Different Dream

Set in the Japanese colonial period of Korea, Lee Young-ae plays the role of a surgeon, who is adopted by a Japanese couple but later hired as a spy by the Korean government in Shanghai. Eventually, she becomes involved in a series of events leading up to the Pacific war.

That Man Oh Soo

Lee Jong-hyun and Kim So-eun will team up for OCN's fantasy romance That Man Oh Soo. The story revolves around two individuals who fall in love due to a "Cupid" possessing magical pollen.

Fall From The Sky

tvN is making a drama on the popular webtoon 'Paul Who Fell From the Heaven.' The story revolves around Paul who is born half angel and half human. Though he cannot use his powers against pureblooded angels, he fights against evils souls who plagues humans for their joy. One day he meets Seo Hee, who has the ability to see his half-blood. He decides to guard Seo Hee and the rest is a fantasy romance.

Apart from new drama, some of the most awaited sequels of 2018 are Voice 2, Sound of Heart Reboot, Signal 2 and Mystery Queen 2.

• Like 3

December 12, 2017

Bromance comedy ‘My World Only,’ starring Lee Byung-hun, slated for January release

“My World Only” (CJ Entertainment)

Actor Lee Byung-hun is returning with a family-friendly comedy in the upcoming film “My World Only,” slated for a Jan. 17 release, the film’s distributor CJ Entertainment announced Monday.

The film, helmed by director Choi Sung-hyun and produced by JK Film, stars Lee as Jo-ha, a former boxer who relies only on his fists to get by in the world.

Up-and-coming actor Park Jung-min will play Jo-ha’s brother Jin-tae, an autistic genius who has Savant syndrome. 

The film will draw on the relationship that develops between the two brothers, who are different in every way, after they meet for the first time. 

The film will mark Lee’s return to the big screen after the historical drama “The Fortress,” released locally in October.

By Rumy Doo (doo@heraldcorp.com

• Like 3

December 12, 2017 th_congrats.gif

THE FORTRESS Awarded Best Film by Korean Film Makers Association

Source: Naver.com, thanks to the fan-highlight at PlanetBH0712

0002666528_001_20171212084933784.jpg?type=w540

On December 12, the Association of Korean Filmmakers announced the winners of the 4th Korean Producers Association Film Festival , which will be held on December 19 (Tuesday).

THE FORTRESS (Namhansanseong) receives the Best Film award while Song Kang Ho (A Taxi Driver) and Na Mun Hee (I Can Speak) have been announced the winners of the Best Actor and Best Actress Awards, respectively.

• Like 4

December 14, 2017

Koreans Choose Top Film Actors Of 2017

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/13/koreans-choose-top-actors-2017/

Korea has released the results of their poll to determine Korea’s favorite big screen actors in 2017!

The research survey company Gallup Korea polled 1,700 Korean men and women aged 13 and older from November 8 to 28 to find out who they thought was the most outstanding actor this year. Each respondent wrote in the names of two actors.

Song Kang Ho came in first place with 35 percent of the votes. The actor previously took the title in 2008 and 2013, and earned rave reviews once again for his starring role in the 2017 film “A Taxi Driver.”

In second place was Ma Dong Seok with 17.8 percent of votes, after he starred in films including “The Outlaws,” “The Bros,” “Wonderful Ghost,” and more this year. This is a significant rise in the poll as he came in No. 10 last year.

Lee Byung Hun came in third with 12.6 percent of the votes following roles in films including “The Fortress” and “Single Rider.” Lee Byung Hun previously came in first place in the years 2009 and 2012.

Notably, all actors in the top 10 this year were male. Actresses Kim Hye Soo, Na Moon Hee, and Jun Ji Hyun appeared in the top 20.

Check out the full top 10 below!

1. Song Kang Ho (35 percent)
2. Ma Dong Seok (17.8 percent)
3. Lee Byung Hun (12.6 percent)
4. Hwang Jung Min (8.1 percent)
5. Ha Jung Woo and Sol Kyung Gu (tied with 6.3 percent)
7. Gong Yoo (6.2 percent)
8. Song Joong Ki (5.8 percent)
9. Jung Woo Sung (5.2 percent)
10. Yoo Hae Jin (5.1 percent)

Actors who ranked in the top 20 (with some spots tied) included Choi Min Shik, Kim Hye Soo, Hyun Bin, Yoon Kye Sang, Na Moon Hee, Han Suk Kyu, Jo Jin Woong, Lee Jung Jae, Kim Joo Hyuk, and Jun Ji Hyun.

Source Soompi (1) (2)

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

• Like 4

@peonie, thanks Barbara for posting the Gallup Korea update. I am so glad to be back at the thread and not temporarily blocked anymore. It's probably my pc acting up but it was quite a scare not being able to post for awhile. :wacko:

Here are two captures of Lee Byung Hun from IT'S ONLY MY WORLD (I guess this will be the Korean title) released on Korean media portals.

20171214_1.jpg

20171214_2.jpg

Source: CJ EntertainmentBlog Naver thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712

Upcoming 2018 movie IT'S ONLY MY WORLD will hold its first promo event on Monday, December 18.

20171211_p9.jpg

Monday, December 18 

<It's Only My World> Production Report

Place: CGV Apgujeong

Start: 11 am

Attendees: Lee Byung Hun, Youn Yuh Jung, Park Jung Min, Choi Sung Hyun (Director)

Opening: January 2018  

• Like 3

Good to see that Lee Byung Hun is still actively playing the role of the California Tourism Ambassador since 2010.

elbh.jpg Lee Byung-hun named PR ambassador for California
    Road Trip Guide: Dream Drive in California featuring Lee Byung Hun
    Photos & clips: California Dream Drive featuring Lee Byung Hun

Source: CJ Entertainment USA @cjent_usa

• Like 3

On 12/11/2017 at 10:35 PM, rubie said:

HAHAHA... LBH is so uncool! th_lmfao.gif Totally funny and nothing like he ever did recently. th_laughing.gif Looks like he has a great chemistry with PJM, who's really good too.

Published on December 10, 2017 by Lee Min Sung

IT'S ONLY MY WORLD First Trailer

I love the trailer :wub: It's a perfect movie for our funny bones. 

We missed BH in this type of ditzy role, didn't we? Park Jungmin is holding his own as  well :D

hello @rubie @peonie :)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, rori0711 said:

I love the trailer :wub: It's a perfect movie for our funny bones. 

We missed BH in this type of ditzy role, didn't we? Park Jungmin is holding his own as  well :D

True true! What a ditzy boxer! :tongue: LOL It's been awhile that I laughed out loud each time I watch the trailer. :lol: We've seen too many serious-action-teary roles by LBH (period-piece Masquerade was like, 5 years ago) so, this is really something refreshing, about typical family in a modern day set-up too. They called it straight-up 'bromance comedy' and it fits perfectly. It's going to be a great start to 2018, right! The LBH-PJM combo is really bringing out the best treat for the audience.

Anyway.. here's a throwback clip of the super-cool HAN and sexy-shooter VICTORIA from RED2 which for me, one of his better performances in a Hollywood feature.

Clip: seo_thomas

• Like 4

December 14, 2017

Top 15 Korean Films of 2017

By Pierce Conran Modern Korean Cinema

Following what turned out to be one of the all-time best years of Korean cinema, 2017 had its work cut out for it, and, sure enough, it fell well short of 2016’s benchmark. Yet what could have been a placeholder year was saved but an array of important titles that signaled a changing current in the industry, particularly the mainstream.

The last 12 months in Korea have been tumultuous to say the least and this has absolutely been reflected in the country's cinema, as it has never put out such an incendiary lineup of films. With several bold and politically-tinged hits storming the box office, what 2016 taught us was that Korean filmmakers are no longer afraid to tackle sensitive subjects and clearly these are the stories that audiences want to see.

Outside of that trend, a couple of big directors (Bong Joon-ho, Hong Sangsoo) had landmark years, but overall 2016 was one of few standouts. Instead, it featured a large amount of above average films, including a broad array of impressive independent titles. Perhaps not the most compelling argument, but I found it to hard to list just 10 films this year, so I’ve once again stretched it to 15. 

As in previous years, feature-length films made in Korea and screened for the first time in 2017 (whether for a theatrical release or at a film festival) were considered. The following list was whittled down from about 120 films seen throughout the year.

Agree? Disagree? Let us know below.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from MKC!

1. Okja

2. Bamseom Pirates Seoul Inferno

=3. A Taxi Driver
=3. 1987: When the Day Comes

5. The First Lap
6. On the Beach at Night Alone
7. Microhabitat
8. Midnight Runners

9. The Fortress2017%2B-%2BThe%2BFortress.jpg

I’ll admit it took me two viewings to reach my current judgement, but the austere period siege drama The Fortress will go down as one of most resonant commercial releases of the year. Echoing the shady politics of the country’s power players, this slow film is thatched together with deep musings on the fabric of power structures in Korean society, which are made to resonate through excellent performances (Lee Byung-hun, Kim Yun-seok, Park Hae-il and more), Kim Ji-yong’s sublime cinematography and Ryuichi Sakamoto’s moving score. MKC Review

10. Ecology in Concrete
11. The Outlaws
12. The Merciless
13. Behind the Dark Knight
14. Coffee Noir: Black Brown
15. Real

Honorable Mentions

2017%2B-%2BA%2BSingle%2BRider.jpg

After My Death 
Criminal Conspiracy 
The Day After
Heart Blackened
I'll Just Live in Bando 
The King
A Single Rider 
A Tiger in Winter 
The Villainess 

• Like 3

December 16, 2017

IT'S ONLY MY WORLD on SBS program 'Movie World'

Source: Heraldcorp // 쩡스 // 예소담

Program aired on December 16 feat. an interview with actor Lee Byung Hun and some behind-the-scenes footage of the filming.

(Google-translate) Of all the roles and characters he has played over the years, LBH said that the character in this movie is most important or most similar to him(?).

Center of image

• Like 3

December 16, 2016

Title: In “It's Only My World” Lee Byung Hun  transforms into a boxer, “the perfect digestive role.”  (A translation) 

20171214_2.jpg

20171214_1.jpg

20171211_p4.jpg

In “It's Only My World”  Lee Byung Hun plays an over-the-hill boxer,  Jo Ha in an eye-catching 180-degree reversal from the intimate and pleasant characteristic of his previous works.

Jo Ha is cast as an angry boxer who only believes in the fist and sustains his life accordingly, still striving to retain his pride. Despite his clumsy and simple appearance, his deeply emotional metamorphosis gradually shines through to captivate the audience.

According to the director, “In order to make the character of the rash yet unexpectedly multi-faceted Jo Ha  come to life, it is an ultimate test in knowing when to relax and when to exert intensity. As people say, it takes the work of an acting God.”  This conveys a strong compliment to Lee Byung Hun's acting and increases the expectation for the continued evolution of Lee’s performance. Every feeling ranging from the laughter of comedies to the affectionate expression of deep emotions has been perfectly displayed. Lee Byung Hun feels as close and warm as an affectionate elder brother in the neighborhood and he is expected to indulge the audience again in  2018.

Source:   a LBH fan @ Weibo

• Like 3