Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

21 hours ago, rori0711 said:

@rubie that was terrificly cool. I enjoyed RED2 alot

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind a RED 3, not that there's any hint on that. I think it's better if he could be a part of the RED team with the other 4 main cast. It may not be a big big hit but it's something with its own band of fans, like GIJoe. At least it still better than to be a mis-cast in Misconduct. Well, there is so little chance and less to hope for a "meaningful" role for LBH in Hollywood, it's the reality we are all aware of. Hopefully, he will still get cast with a good ensemble of actors and still get to show he's more than just an action-star.

Perhaps, after three (+1) Korean movies back-to-back in 2016-2017 and an upcoming Kdrama in 2018, maybe there would be a Hollywood role in the making. We knew how he would always be quietly working on something before confirmed news would be released. Being in the States quite often this year might lead to something. Maybe there will still be 'Radiance' .. maybe something even better. Who knows, right. ^_^

@peonie Barbara, that's a great article to read. We learn more every time, thanks so much for translating. Compared to THE FORTRESS (filmed in the long winter), watching the SBS clip, definitely there were less stress and more laughs for IT'S ONLY MY WORLD, filmed during the summer after that. Can't help smiling because the clip definitely highlighted how LBH was acting in Masquerade (comic but serious), Master (intense) The Fortress (super serious) and Single Rider (melancholic) before the bromance family comedy finally comes along.

Source: Mhiz Gee‏ @gee_mhiz

• Like 4

December 16, 2017

32 hot hits from the Korean Wave
Gangnam, Sandara, ‘Jewel in the Palace,’ ‘Train to Busan,’ boys’ makeup make it to this Lifestyle list in celebration of Inquirer’s 32nd anniversary

By: Fran Katigbak - Philippine Daily Inquirer

1 Psy and “Gangnam Style”—It’s a bit jarring. A pudgy-looking singer named Psy, wearing a suit and sunnies while doing a horseback-riding dance to a song about an elitist lifestyle. But the man, the video and the moves led to a record-breaking hit, a musical jab at Seoul’s high-end district.

2 “Nobody” by the Wonder Girls—Hearing the groove of the retro-dance ditty was enough to get you into the flirty shoulders flick while singing, “I want nobody, nobody but you!”

3 Sandara Park and 2NE1—Sandara grew up before the public eye, from adorable “Krung-Krung” to K-pop star and member of 2NE1, the edgy, hip-hop/R&B/dance all-girl quartet. Though the group has disbanded, Sandara continues to perform all over Asia. She’s a beauty ambassador, style influencer, plus—and this is why Filipinos love her—an avid promoter of the Philippines.

4 Rain—He’s the first multiplatform artist who inspired the global obsession for K-pop. His diversity spans film and TV to the music industry.

5 Boy bands—BTS, EXO, Super Junior, Big Bang, Shinwa, SHINee, Highlight (formerly known as Beast) are just some of the biggest K-pop exports. These hot boy bands also show that distinct grooming—stylish threads, bright-color hair and makeup—on guys can be cool.

6 Girl groups—K-pop’s female singing squads brought glamour and a unique flavor to pop that no other artist in the world has achieved. Bubble-gum sweet, innocent, sexy, fierce—they can do it all while maintaining pretty, youthful looks and slim waists. Some of the best in the last decade or so are Girls’ Generation, Wonder Girls, Kara, 2NE1, f(x), 4Minute, Apink, miss A, Brown Eyed Girls.

7 Variety TV shows—The diversity of South Korean TV programs has given access to all things Hallyu. Among the latest on cable TV and streaming/download apps are “Music Bank,” “Pops in Seoul,” “The Music Trend (Inkigayo),” “Fantastic Duo,” “Immortal Songs,” “Battle Trip,” “Gag Concert,” “Running Man.”

8 “The Return of Superman”—No other reality TV series has documented the dynamics between dads and their kids, where children end up stealing the show.

9 K-drama and “classic” Koreanovela—Fans just can’t get enough of them. If one is serious about being a K-drama stan (obsessive fan), start the education with such classics as “Coffee Prince,” “Winter Sonata,” “Jewel in the Palace,” “Boys Over Flowers,” “Lovers in Paris.”

10 “Goblin”—It has changed the concept of goblins, and sets the bar very high for what a fantasy K-drama should be. No longer the ugly creatures of European folklore, goblins are, instead, dokkaebi—or, at least to viewers, Gong Yoo lookalikes with immense power and immortality.

11 OST as introduction to K-pop—OST, or original soundtrack, completes the K-drama experience while offering a mashup of musical genres. The songs will rekindle memories, the joy and kilig you felt while watching the show.

12 Tourism Korea—Travelers would visit Korea to see K-drama sets and sites, load up on makeup and skincare products, as well as enjoy Korean cuisine.

13 K-drama lingo—As it turned out, Ate Luds, more famous as Inday Badiday, was on to something with her parting words on her 1988-’97 TV show “Eye to Eye”: “Saranghamnida, Bo.” We now understand—and sometimes even inject our daily conversations with—aigo (oh man, OMG), anneio (no), unni, oppa, araso (alright/okay), mianhaeyo (I’m sorry), all thanks to binge-watching K-dramas.

14 (Botched) Hollywood adaptations of Korean films—While it’s flattering that Western cinema paid homage to SK films, did Hollywood adaptations of “Il Mare,” “Oldboy,” “My Sassy Girl” and “A Tale of Two Sisters” have to #fail miserably?

15 “Train to Busan”—This frenetic film directed by Yeon Sang-ho and starring Gong Yoo had us feeling paranoid that a real zombie apocalypse might assault the MRT trains.

16 Devotion to “oppa” and “unni”—Often the leading men and women of K-dramas, gorgeous celebrities like Lee Minho, Lee Jong Suk, Gong Yoo, Lee Dong Wook, Jo In Sung, Song Hye Kyo, Ha Ji-won, Jun Ji Hyun, Park Shin Hye and Gong Hyo-jin are among the finest South Korean actors.

Korean Wave: Korean celebrities in Hollywood

17 Korean celebrities in Hollywood—Top of mind are Rain, Bae Doona (“Sense8,” “Cloud Atlas”), Steven Yeun (“The Walking Dead”) and Lee Byung-hun (“G.I. Joe” films, “Red 2,” “The Magnificent Seven,” “Terminator Genisys”).

18 Korean cuisine—It’s not only our taste for Korean dishes that has improved but also our vocabulary. Bibimbap, samgyeopsal, jjajangmyeon, haemul pajeon, tteokbokki—these multisyllabic words easily roll off our tongues. Supermarkets and convenience stores have also been stocked with Korean treats and desserts like ice cream brand Melona.

19 Technology—SK tech giants Samsung and LG delivered premium android products. These brands also produced reliable home and kitchen appliances.

20 Kia—The automobile company has boosted its image worldwide by aligning itself with celebrity athletes like LeBron James, Michelle Wie and Rafael Nadal, and sponsoring major sports events like tennis’ Australian Open and football’s Europa League.

21 Korean cosmetic brands—The Face Shop, Etude, Tony Moly, Nature Republic, Missha, Club Clio—SK’s beauty industry have invaded our vanity kits.

22 Makeup with skincare benefits—BB cream, CC cream, cushion compact combine makeup and skincare that’s especially formulated for Asian complexion.

23 The 10-step skincare routine—It seems like excessive vanity to spend a lot of time applying stuff and prepping one’s face, but then again, many practitioners claim it actually works. Perhaps its most important lesson is simply to care about our skin.

24 Unconventional beauty trends—Dewy skin, gradient lips, straight brows. And then the “aegyo sal”—as in cute eye bags or the puffy under-eye area which could now be highlighted or applied with makeup to add to one’s youthful look.

25 Korean salons—Korean hairstylists have turned the art of cutting hair into a performance. At the time they opened, Tony & Jackey and Park Jun’s Beauty Lab jazzed up our salon experience with digital perm, standout idol-inspired hairstyles and coloring.

26 Matchy-matchy couple outfits—Also known as the Couple Look, this style trend isn’t just for couples who want to brag about their relationship status, but also a fun way for friends and family to exercise collective creativity in coming up with similar outfits.

27 Idol fashion—It’s a huge marketing strategy for fashion brands to dress up celebs for events, TV shows and the red carpet. When stars and their looks go viral, it’s eye candy for the fans and fashionistas.

28 Korean street style—Glossies and social media have expanded their world from covering not just the four fashion capitals, but also documenting sartorial inspirations from the streets of Seoul.

29 Apps and websites for Korean media content—Viu is just one of several apps in the region that have made binge-watching SK shows easier, not to mention legal and with better subtitles.

30 “Aegyo”—The combination of cute baby voice, facial expressions and hand gestures can sometimes be annoying, though effective and fascinating to see on K-pop idols.

31 The finger heart—No, it’s not a weird cross, or a way to tell somebody to back off. Pressing the thumb to the forefinger means sending your love.

32 Children’s animation—South Korea has produced animated TV programs and content that have become very popular with kids worldwide, including “Pororo the Little Penguin,” “Tayo the Little Bus,” “Pucca,” “Canimals” and “Pinkfong.”

• Like 3

December 18, 2017

IT'S ONLY MY WORLD Production Report Event

Source: Sports Today

201712181211705764_1.jpg

Article image

The family looks good, don't they? Omma is proud of her sons and the brothers even have similar gestures.

Looking classy and stylish, actors Lee Byung Hun, Park Jung Min, Youn Yuh Jung and Dir. Choi Sung Hyun all wore cool dark attire to the press meet-up this morning. 

More pics will be posted and shared later. There are a whole lot of photos, like really.. really a lot. Like we want them to be. :lol:

• Like 4

December 18, 2017

Actor Lee Byung-hun

Actor Lee Byung-hun

Actor Lee Byung-hun poses for photos at a media event for his new comedy-drama movie "That's My Only World" in Seoul on Dec. 18, 2017. Lee plays a washed-up former boxer who out of the blue finds out about his brother who has savant syndrome. (Yonhap) (END)

• Like 4

th_poster_oops.gif 

YO!! I was saying RED 3.. uhh, not G.I. Joe 3 th_duh.gifOh well.. we'll take whatever we can.. at least STORM SHADOW will always.. always be the best part of the story. 

Korean media is already reporting that LBH will be in the final installment of the movie.th_groove.gif

Our thanks to the fan highlight on twitter ~

December 18, 2017

'G.I. Joe 3' Gets 2020 Release Date

By KOFI OUTLAW - ComicBook.com

20171218gijoe.jpg

G.I. Joe is headed back to theaters! Today came the announcement that Paramount is planning to finally move ahead with a threequel in the G.I. Joe franchise, which will be released in theaters in March, 2020:

When last we left the Joes, they had been all but wiped out in a Cobra scorched-earth strike that left Duke (Channing Tatum) and so many other Joes dead. The surviving stragglers (led by The Rock's Roadblock) stopped Zartan from impersonating the president and seizing control of weapons of mass destruction, re-establishing the good name and standing of G.I. Joe in the world. However, with Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow still on the run, Roadblock and Snake Eyes both have missions of vengeance that require follow-through.

G.I. Joe 3 hits theaters on March 27, 2020. We'll keep you updated as more details come in.

• Like 3

December 19, 2017

2017.12.18 The movie “It’s Only My World” production briefing:  three comments by Lee Byung Hun   (A translation)

20171218b_1.jpg

20171218b_2.jpg

20171218b_3.jpg

A: At the production briefing, Lee Byung Hun said: “ In the movie, the actor playing the boxer is the least pressured because he is not a training boxer who needs to spend a lot of time trying to stay in shape.  While shooting, there is an interesting episode;  Lee Byung Hun said:  “Many people did not recognize me when I was distributing leaflets,  they think it was just a person distributing leaflets.   This is a rather interesting episode.”  

B.  On the 18th morning  when the production briefing was held, Seoul experienced a record breaking blizzard.   “The weather is very bad and I am really grateful to those who came here.”  Lee said in his greetings and he further introduced the movie:   “This movie is about lacking what you need to live your life.   All the protagonists in the movie have their own deficiency and sorrow.  It is heartening  to give each other instructions.  

In the movie with short hair style, Jo Ha, is showing yet again an facet of the multi talented Lee Byung Hun.  Expectations are high.   This time, the theme of his challenge is comedy.   In the movie, Jo Ha maintained his livelihood by being a boxing sparring partner and a part-time leaflet distributor.   Lee Byung Hun said:  “ In fact, this time we did not show a heavy theme nor does the role reflects real life.  We are just interpreting common people that we often see in our  lives.  I am relaxed and confident about this performance.”  

C.  Lee Byung Hun said “ For all the choices I take in making movies, the first consideration is the script.  Director’s choice is also very important because of the artistic quality of the director.  It is also important to know what type of story and how it should feel to convey emotions as a whole.”  “I was very happy with the overall mood.  It has been a long time since I have played such a role.   I feel excited and happy.”  “In the film production company, the actor who first came to mind, either Park Jung Man or me, was chosen.”

“In fact, as I said earlier, due to the fact that the roles that I have taken previously had heavy themes, I think it was not easy to consider me for this script.  Having been the first actor to be considered for the role and to have the part proposed to me, I am truly grateful. ”

Source:  a LBH fan @ Weibo

• Like 3

@peonie, thanks so much Barbara for the lovely translation. It's really enlightening to learn more about the movie through LBH's answers. I like that the movie is not aiming to be something too emotional or too personal but still something that everyone can relate to. Sometimes a movie doesn't have to be too serious and heavy-themed to make an impact. Plus the fact that people doesn't recognize him on the streets is already a good indication that he's playing his character well. Oh, I just read at PlanetBH0712 that the cameras during the filming of LBH distributing leaflets were kept hidden from the public. Looks like it's a real situation at the streets when the people passing by were not extras hired by the production.

An interview with LBH and PJM will be featured in a segment for SBS' Access Movie World (to aired this coming Saturday, I think).

Photo: muyo3140

• Like 3

Thanks to the fans' highlight on twitter and IG, actor Lee Byung Hun is one of the 6 recipients of the 12th A-Awards 2017 by ARENA Homme+. This will be his third A-Award after receiving the recognition in 2009 and 2012, respectively. Not sure when the awards night will be held but before the year ends, of course. Congrats, that's another good news indeed!

Published on December 18, 2017 by ARENAKOREATV

The 12th A-Awards teaser video

user posted image Lee Byung Hun, recipient of 'Style' A-Awards 2009

Lee Byung Hun, the 2012 "Black Collar Worker" A-Award Recipient
    The 7th A-Awards 2012: Men of the Year 
    Clip & captures: Lee Byung Hun at the 2012 Audi Arena A-Awards 

• Like 3

Looks like they already had the script-reading session and started (some) filming....

December 19, 2017

Kim Tae Ri Remarks On Her Age Gap With “Mr. Sunshine” Co-Star Lee Byung Hun

Source: Soompi by A. Kim

Kim-Tae-Ri-Lee-Byung-Hun1.jpg

Actress Kim Tae Ri commented on her 20-year age difference with her co-star Lee Byung Hun for their upcoming drama “Mr. Sunshine.”

On December 18, Kim Tae Ri discussed the issue, saying, “I do think about the concerns. However, there’s nothing I can do about [the age difference], so I will try my best in what has been given to me.”

The actress also added, “There’s a big gap in my acting experience compared to [Lee Byung Hun], so I have to put forth my best effort. I haven’t filmed with Lee Byung Hun yet.” She made others laugh when she continued, “I only saw him at the script reading. He seems a bit taciturn.”

Kim Tae Ri will take on the lead role for tvN’s drama “Mr. Sunshine,” which is slated to air next year. There was a lot of talk regarding the casting and the 20-year age difference between 27-year old Kim Tae Ri and 47-year old Lee Byung Hun. Recently, Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun also had a 11-year age difference as the main characters of tvN’s “Goblin,” while Lee Sun Gyun and IU will have a 18-year age difference for upcoming tvN drama “My Ahjusshi” (working title).

Source (1)

• Like 3

December 20, 2017

6 Personalities Selected 'Men of the Year' at 12th A-Awards 

Source: Sports Donga ++

2017aawards_2.jpg

2017aawards_1.jpg

Spoiler

2017aawards.jpg

1. Lee Byung Hun, Actor

2. Oh Hyuk, Musician

3. Jang Hoon, Movie Director

4. Seo Jang Hoon, Broadcaster

5. Ahn Joon Young, TV Producer

6. Kwak Hee Soo, Architect

Source: arenakorea

user posted image 12/20 News compilation at EverythingLBH.com 

Lee Byung Hun in California: Mammoth Mountain Snowboarding
    LBH-LMJ: Paradise City Gala Opening & Lee Moon Sae Concert
    Mr.Sunshine: 10 most anticipated Korean dramas of 2018
    THE FORTRESS Awarded Best Film by Korean Film Producers 
    Gallup Korea: Koreans Choose Top Film Actors Of 2017
    IT'S ONLY MY WORLD on Movie World, the perfect digestive role
    The Inquirer: 32 hot hits from the Korean Wave
    Clips & Photos: IT'S ONLY MY WORLD Production Briefing
    G.I.Joe 3: Final Installment Gets 2020.03.27 Release Date
    Lee Byung Hun Receives 12th A-Awards 'Men of the Year'
    Kim Tae Ri Remarks on Her Age Gap with Lee Byung Hun

2017aawards.gif

Looks like he's in the midst of filming a new TVCF for QM6, perhaps?

• Like 4