Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Found this (previous) post at Haley Bennett's Instagram #TheMagnificentSeven #ChrisPratt #ByunghunLee

Credit: halolorraine

My #MagnificentSeven costars are the coolest baddest dudely dudes around. A massive congratulations to stuntmen who risked so much everyday to make this film truly magnificent #byunghunlee @prattprattpratt @vincentdonofrio #ethanhawke @sensmeier @manu_rulfo #denzelwashington #antoinefuqua #sonypictures

• Like 4

Thanks to @adikkeluangman for the highlight at MOTS thread. Memories of the Sword' will be released in Japan on January 23, 2016. LBH and JDY are expected to attend the promo events. It'll likely be his first visit back to Japan since early 2014. It remains to be seen if his personal popularity there is still strong or otherwise and whether MOTS would be better received than in Korea. Having his image at the website also means that he's the one taking the movie's credibility on his shoulders. He'll be involved in Beyond Deceit's promos as well. for the February release.

http://memories-movie.com/

2016012_mots_jp.jpg

• Like 4

September 19, 2015

Number Of Asian And Korean Actors In Hollywood Increasing?

Source: Franchise Herald

Asian, more particularly, Korean Actors have been gracing Hollywood with their presence recently and it seems to be a notable factor in increasing revenue for films and TV productions.

Deadline noted that the industry is experiencing a "revolution" in the number of roles available for Asian actors.

The article noted that "perhaps it is the concerted effort on the part of the networks and film studios, the writers who are growing up with a different perspective, and the influx of international money into the marketplace" that contributed to this change in Hollywood.
"What's happening now is the direct result of years of advocacy work by our organization and other multi-ethnic coalitions in approaching television networks and advocating for change," Dan Mayeda, co-chair of the Asian Pacific American Media Coalition told the site.

Actors like Will Yun Lee ("San Andreas"), Ki Hong Lee ("The Maze Runner"), Daniel Dae Kim ("Spider-Man 2"), Rain ("Ninja Assasin"), Doona Bae ("Cloud Atlas"), Daniel Henney ("X-Men Origins: Wolverine"), Byunghun Lee ("G.I. Joe:Retaliation) and Sung Kang were able to make a name for themselves in the films they were in.

Warner Brothers is even investing in a Korean film helmed by a Korean director, attesting to the more global market of the film industry nowadays.

• Like 4

September 21, 2015

Han Hyo Joo, Han Ji Min, and Han Ga In Renew Contract with BH Entertainment

Source: Soompi

HanHyoJoo-HanJiMin-HanGaIn-LeeByungHun.j

Despite speculations that actresses Han Hyo Joo, Han Ji Min, and Ha Ga In would all leave BH Entertainment once their exclusive contracts ended in October, it has now been confirmed that all three have renewed their contracts, deciding to stay their agency.

The speculations that the actresses would leave were founded on the fact that reputation of BH Entertainment, which was formed by actor Lee Byung Hun, had been tarnished by the actor’s recent scandal. Also, while the actresses have been signed on as leads in films and movies during their time with BH Entertainment, none were huge hits. 

However, a BH Entertainment rep revealed today that “Although their current contracts have yet to officially end, the three actresses, who have been with BH Entertainment for a long time, decided to renew their exclusive contracts on the foundation of unchanging confidence [in the agency].”

Source (1)

• Like 4

September 21, 2015

Han Ga In, Han Ji Min and Han Hyo Joo Renew Contracts with BH Entertainment, So Hee to be Free Agent

2015.09.21 18:24  CJ E&M enewsWorld Jeon Su Mi

Han Hyo Joo, Han Ji Min and Han Ga In have renewed their contracts with BH Entertainment. So Hee, on the other hand, will be leaving the agency. 

According to BH Entertainment on September 21, Han Hyo Joo, Han Ji Min and Han Ga In confirmed they will be remaining with their current agency and have renewed their contracts.

98106003.jpg

BH Entertainment stated, "Han Ga In, Han Ji Min and Han Hyo Joo have renewed their contracts with BH Entertainment. Although their exclusive contracts have not expired yet, the three actresses, who have been active under BH Entertainment for a long time, have signed exclusive contracts based on their unwavering trust in BH Entertainment."

The agency continued, "BH Entertainment has prepared a new leap through the strengthening of internal capabilities in time for our 10-year anniversary next year, and despite having time left in their contracts, actors Go Soo, Lee Won Geun and Im Hwa Young have actively supported the transfer to Yooborn Company as well as Shim Eun Kyung and Ha Yeon Soo to ManagementAND for leading staff members going out on their own to establish new agencies. 

Meanwhile, So Hee, who has transitioned into an actress, will enter the free agent market. BH Entertainment stated, "After long discussions regarding her direction, So Hee has decided to enter the free agent market." 

eNEWS DB

• Like 4

A little late finding this to share

Credit: ironmancelebrityselfies

Byung-hun Lee and I at the Terminator Genisys World Premiere 2015 at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood California #terminatorgenisys #terminatorgenisysworldpremiere #dolbytheatre #hollywood #hollywoodca #ByunghunLee #GIJoeTheRiseOfCobra #GIJoeRetaliation #ISawTheDevil #RED2 #RushHour4FaceOff2

• Like 4

@rubie   Thank you for the recommendation. I have not seen "Beautiful Days" yet, but I know it is on GD, and will make a point of watching it.

NF has Happy Together on DVD but "very long wait" is marked on DVD #1. I do hope it does not get lost.

Thank you so much for info. about Japanese Japan. Maybe the key would be for that to turn around, eventually.  Oh.. that would be so awesome for KJH to direct something light with LBH.  Thank you for the additional photos.  Too bad the ones I posted were removed from Twitter (I think)

Thank you for the Casio Oceanus photos!

Anyway, after almost a year filming The Magnificent Seven and sporting this look in 2015,  hopefully Lee Byung Hun will finally return to the usual clean-cut style but with reformed personality & improved image.

Amen to that!

Looking forward to hear about how MOTS does in Japan and how was LBH reception there.

@peonie     Thank you for your thoughts on Chinese and HK markets.  I am glad that the Terminator Genisys  TG has been so successful there.  Was Memory of the Sword released there? If so, How was the reception?

Thank you also for the emart video and translation.  I am so glad he is getting CF's there...!

@rubie ,   Thank you also for the info. about JSA.   I read that KBS is going to be re-making JSA into a drama - special.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/04/joint-security-area-the-drama-special/

While personally, I am not pleased with that (I seldom like good films to turn into Kdrama) - it might also bring a new interest in JSA the movie, to those who have not seen it.

I am pleased that Han Hyo Joo, Han Ji Min and Han Ga In have renewed their contracts with BH Entertainment. I hope that BH entertainment will cast them in some really good hits (movies or drama)

Here is another photo from the 2012 event in California (Q &A segment) The gentleman next to LBH is Justin Chang from Variety. (The lady is the interpreter)

552529_3783086050145_1523857098_n.jpg?oh

• Like 4

@irilight, always so good to read your comments here. Glad to know that you're keeping a note on Beautiful Days, anything about the drama you want to talk about later, just let it out here.  We can most certainly talk about Happy Together too,  Both characters played by Lee Byung Hun in the drama could not be more different from each other but just love the portrayal! I'm actually watching BD again, as our @parkmisoo (hope you are doing well!) said that despite the hurt the fans feel from his scandal last year, Beautiful Days is a great sort-of-remedy to regain that enjoyment watching him act. It's funny but true, for a drama made 14 years ago, that "magnet" is still as strong. 

Honestly, JSA should be left by itself. It's a truly unique movie that really can't be no other. Hollywood tried adapting or remaking this but till now, it's just hard to do unlike the original version where everything fits perfectly, because of the DMZ and the Korean sentiment between the North and South. It's been made into a musical but not quite giving that 'vibe' as the movie. I'm not sure how a JSA drama would be, Well, agreeing as you said, it could be a reason to watch the actual movie version if the small-screen project became a success or otherwise. Win-win, ^_^

I'll write more on BH Ent latest news, maybe later.. just not sure if I should write a lot or just a little about it. I do have a tendency of long-winding posts. :sweatingbullets: Perhaps, it's best not to reply and write on impulse on some topic, huh,

Anyway, the Korea media finally got hold of the photo showing LBH and LMJ in New Mexico, Our bubble of happiness seeing the couple together will now be pricked by netizens' hate comments, coming soon. Sigh. I know it's a negative thinking.. still working on getting back on the positive path. Slowly,

However, I think this is considered a GOOD NEWS as INSIDERS have been confirmed for release in November. It's actually a month earlier than previously rumored. Really really hope Showbox won't disappoint like Lotte did.

September 22, 2015

Lee Byung Hun's movie 'Insiders' Confirmed for Release in November 

Source: Nate ++

73792707.2.jpg

• Like 4

@irilight

Thank you for posting LBH 's  photo.  To the best of my knowledge, MOTS has not yet been shown in China and will not be in the immediate future.   China limits the showing of Foreign movies and there is always a long queue.  Usually, Hollywood movies are shown before other foreign movies!  It will be interesting to see how MOTS  will perform in the Japanese Box office. It will be great if  LBH can  still attract Japanese audience to a movie which has performed poorly in Korea. 

@rubie

I am so glad the three "Han" actresses are renewing their contracts with  BH Entertainment.  It must be a boost to the morale of the company. 

Edited by peonie
  • Like 4

@rubie, back at you... Love our conversations!

oh.. you are re-watching Beautiful Days too?  I'll try to squeeze is soon then.. I see that you have created a thread for it, long back when...

Maybe we can talk about it on that thread....  (We have done it on Soompi before, on drama threads, even if watched after the fact, as do others.) In any event, if we create a new discussion on the drama thread, it could potentially invite others to join us/and or watch- or re-watch it.

Very please to hear that "Insiders" will release in Nov.  I hope it gets good reception.

@peonie, I do not think that MOTS performed poorly because of Lee Byung-Hun.  I think it has to do with the film script itself. So, I am a bit skeptical, but very curious to see how well it does in front of both Japanese and Chinese audience.

@rubie,     Speaking of that photo from NM - here is one article that already came out.

Lee Byung-hun, Lee Min-jung together in U.S

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=51&simg=2015092

A snapshot showing actor-couple Lee Byung-hun and Lee Min-jung together in the U.S. was shared via Mexican actor Manuel Garcia Rulfo’s Instagram on Friday.

In the photo, Rulfo is seen enjoying a Korean-style dinner with the Lee couple.

It has been speculated that Lee Min-jung flew to the U.S. to support her husband, who is currently filming for the remake of “The Magnificent Seven” with director Antoine Fuqua.

source

• Like 4

@irilight, that's a great idea to have a BD discussion at the drama thread because we can talk all the way and all out about the drama over there. Whenever you're ready, we'll come running. :lol: Even if some of us are not re-watching the drama, many of us have memorized the drama in our hearts.. like, no kidding! no2.gifGoing down this memory lane as well as trying to keep a compilation of the series at our website. It'll be great to have the drama saved and ready for viewing as some drama sites might one day stop featuring the older dramas.

Thanks so much for the NM news highlight. Finally, Soompi-news had written an unbiased article on LBH and LMJ, plus highlighting his upcoming movies. 

@peonie, like you I am truly glad that the actresses decided to stay on with the agency. I am relieved that I am wrong. Whatever the fans might feel about this latest development, everyone will have to take it as a blessing in disguise. Yes, a big scandal happened and in more ways had extremely affected Lee Byung Hun and most definitely all those related to him, personally and professionally. This is a wake-up call for the agency to really buck up and improve to provide the best service for their clients. I like to think that the industry as a whole is still more professional above anything else. By renewing the contract, both sides will learn from mistakes to prepare better for the future. If they did not work things out and decided to leave while the agency is trying to repair itself, there will unsettling feeling on both sides, for sure. The speculation that came out before was too much, to say the least. It's also not true that the actresses have not had successful projects. Except for Han Ga In who was pregnant and suffered a miscarriage, she had kept a low profile compared to Han Hyo Joo & Han Ji Min who never stop working in various projects, Didn't Masquerade do well for HHJ? While there undoubtedly have been some non-hits for HJM, it's not fair to say that her project did not succeed because besides the actress, there's also the lead actor with equal risk & responsibility taking a role. Is it only considered a success having a popular drama than to be able to work in critically-acclaimed movies?

Saying this to myself especially: this is the time to remember the saying 'Every cloud has a silver lining'  because we should not be so hopeless just because things did not go the way we like it. 

For positive fun.. kinda makes sense..

11350513_1598897840358636_12672037103552

• Like 4

@rubie Thank you for the offer about BD. Will start soon, but I am not sure I can marathon it. Maybe watch like regular drama 1-2 episodes per week.

I do not "follow"  these actresses, (although I do remember the sad story about Han Ga In's miscarriage);  so I just checked them out. And yes - you are absolutely correct! All these projects were either good, or very promising, with great co-actors.

Han Hyo Joo:   Postman to Heaven (with Jaejoong), Cold Eyes, Han Hyo Joo, The Beauty Inside.
Han Ji MinDrama - Rooftop Prince;  Hyde, Jekyll, Me  (who would have known ratings would be mediocre? It was a chance to act opposite Hyun Bin)  Movies - The Fatal Encounter, and Salue D'Amour    

This is a wake-up call for the agency to really buck up and improve to provide the best service for their clients. I like to think that the industry as a whole is still more professional above anything else. By renewing the contract, both sides will learn from mistakes to prepare better for the future.
'Every cloud has a silver lining'  because we should not be so hopeless just because things did not go the way we like it. 

Absolutely. I hope the Agency will become even stronger, so more actors/actresses pursue contract with them.

Hancinema just came out with their version article about the NM photo

Lee Byung-hun and Lee Min-jeong's affection for each other

http://www.hancinema.net/lee-byung-hun-and-lee-min-jeong-s-affection-for-each-other-86832.html

• Like 4

So good to see him in the news in positive light!   :wub:

Lee Byung-hun to come back with movie "Inside Men" in November

photo636147.jpg

Writer Yoon Tae-ho's unfinished web-toon and criminal drama is coming out this November. The film features actors Lee Byung-hun, Jo Seung-woo and Baek Yoon-sik.

"Inside Men" is a criminal drama about the loyalty and betrayal of inside men who move the Korean society. The drama was serially published in 2012 but suddenly came to a stop and originates from Yoon Tae-ho's unfinished web-toon "Inside Men".

Yoon Tae-ho is also known as a storyteller who brings out the mourning of Korea realistically and some of his famous works are "Moss" and "Misaeng" ("Incomplete Life").

In addition to the writer's storytelling, director Woo Min-ho's creativity and performance of Lee Byung-hun, Jo Seung-woo, Baek Yoon-sik and others are expected to create great results.

With the release of this movie in November, a single still of the movie allows for a feel of how it's going to be.

Lee Byung-hun stars in the movie as Ahn Sang-goo, a political gangster who has been abandoned after being used by a chairman of a major firm and a politician. Lee Byung-hun is a renowned actor who won 3 Best Actor Awards for "Masquerade" and "A Bittersweet Life".

Jo Seung-woo is a passionate investigator named Woo Jang-hoon. As seen in "Marathon" and "The War Of Flower" and "The Assassination", the mighty Jo Seung-woo is back.

Veteran actor Baek Yoon-sik who starred in "The War Of Flower", "The Big Swindle" and "The Face Reader", takes on the role of Lee Kang-hee, a member of the weekly editorial. He is the background of politicians and connects them with plutocrats, gangsters and other characters.

source

Edited by irilight
90% of the time linking does not work until we come back and edit it.
  • Like 4

@irilight no rush with BD, ok. As soon as you starts watching I'll be sure to watch as well. Truth is, though currently "watching" the drama, I'm actually starting with episode 9. Why? You have to find out why, hahaa.. come to think of it. unlike most Kdramas these days, BD had slowly built up the anticipation that it just 'explodes' when what the viewers wanted to see finally happening. Oops.. no spoilers.. no no. no2.gif

Please watch at your own pace, we don't need to marathon-watching the drama although you might not be able to resist continuing with the next episode and the next to know the story. Just let us know when you're ready to talk BD.. I'm also anticipating the re-watch because I can now share screencaps and gifs, those that we couldn't do many years ago. At the time, circa 2002 onward, we had our BD sharing from PlanetBH0712 (not quite as active as it used to be) and BHFantasyland (no longer exist), Those were the days as these sites had a treasure of clips and loads of captures. Some of these goodies were saved by fans but as time goes by, a lot of stuff also went by and can't be retrieved.

Hmm... all I want to say about BH Entertainment, despite all that we feel about the company especially when stuff happened  is that despite the shorthanded-ness (it had major plans, but not the manpower), they had tried the most for their artistes. Though not quite the best they could considering the various agencies around and the abundance of talents, it is a highly competitive world for all of them. Lee Byung Hun for whatever "negativity" people tend to associate/blame him with, for what we have seen, through him, BH Ent artistes were akso involved in his acting projects. From IRIS (Junie), The Influence (Han Chae Young), Share the Vision (Bae Soo Bin), Gwanghae/Masquerade (Han Hyo Joo) and Memories of The Sword (BSB cameo) although it's through their talent that landed the job, with or without a BH recommendation may helped seal the deal..True that the effort could have been better, it's now the time for a total revamp.. because of the actresses' trust in renewing their contracts, BH Entertainment will have to prove it is the correct choice for them. As mentioned in one of the articles, a 10th year anniversary is coming up next year, such achievement must be well -matched with good results for everyone.

Thanks you for the Hancinema articles, it's nice to see the updates written without malicious intent.

Found this to share, our thanks to wakadayo12 for the highlight

Credit: Luke Grimes Uodates via twitter

NEW picture of the #MagnificentSeven cast and crew!
#LukeGrimes #EthanHawke #ByungHunLee #ChrisPratt 

magnificent7.jpg

• Like 4