Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

February 27, 2015
Lee Byung Heon to take a break for a while Source: STARN News
Public's attention is getting focused on Lee Byung Heon's future activities.
On February 26th, actor Lee Byung Heon got back to Korea from America with his wife, Lee Min Jung.
After his arrival Lee Byung Heon had a short interview with reporters, and he said, "I owe my family members a huge debt that I will never be able to pay back. Everything rooted out from my faults, and I will take all of the responsibility. I would like to make a sincere apology for disappointing everyone."
A representative of Lee Byung Heon's management agency, BH Entertainment, told that Lee Byung Heon headed to his home in Gwangju, Gyeonggi Province directly after his arrival.
Regarding Lee Byung Heon's future activities, a representative of the agency said, "We do not have any plan for now, and Lee Byung Heon is going to take a break for a while."
Meanwhile, Lee Min Jung is expecting to give birth to her first baby in April.
20150226133221_54eea1d4ebbb1_1.jpg
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

Lee Byung Hun's Casio Oceanus CF in Hong Kong
IMG_1987_zpsutlakhdi.jpg

This afternoon when I was walking towards Hung Hom train station (the main train station in Hong Kong) I was quite surprised to see Byung Hung-ssi ’s Casio Oceanus CF on the face of the train station multi story carpark.  The car traffic here is extremely high because this area is next to the Cross Harbour Tunnel!

Although I have seen other Korean stars' CFs in Hong Kong, this is the first that I have seen LBH featured in a CF.  

IMG_1989_zpspssagf7w.jpg

The Chinese characters mean sync with world's time.
IMG_1990_zpsfsdyy24o.jpg

Thanks very much Barbara for the unexpected sharing, it's definitely a nice highlight nonetheless. The last time there was a public advertisement billboard of him in Hong Kong was in 2003/4, at least there was one that came to mind. Guess everything is now lingering in an unexpected/unsure mode of what's to come.
We'll share this at the website and FB, too.  Merci.

March 5, 2015
10 Asian stars that made it in Hollywood
Source: Cinema Online
Many Asian countries are reaching the peak of success by leaving their mark all over the world be it through the economic, technologic, political or even entertainment sector.
Asian artistes have been in Hollywood movies for many years, but back in the old days, they are often portrayed as villains, nerds, sexists and racists due to our 'strict yet traditional' culture. Also, we are also known for our martial arts (apparently).
Some of these traits are still depicted in today's film industry, but it is not as stereotypical as it was before, as many Asian-born celebrities are now starting to get their own limelight in Hollywood.
These days, it is not surprising to see an Asian actor in Hollywood films as a supporting or even a main character.
Though some of these Asian artistes are Asians born in Hollywood, it has become a fact that many Asians have slowly gained their prominence in the Hollywood film industry.
But it's not just actors, even directors such as Ang Lee, John Woo and M. Night Shyamalan have managed to blow audiences away with their Hollywood achievements.
Today, we are going to take a look at the Asian artistes who have gone big in Hollywood.
1. Jackie ChanWho could possibly not know the famous Hong Kong actor, martial artist, film director, producer and singer who is known for his amazing acrobatic fighting style, hilarious comic timing, creative use of improvised weapons along with innovative stunts, which he usually comes up with by himself. Jackie Chan has been acting since 1959 and has appeared in over 150 films. He made his Hollywood debut in 1980 with the film "The Big Brawl" but the film was a flop. His first huge blockbuster success was in the 1998 buddy cop action comedy "Rush Hour" where he acted alongside Chris Tucker. The film made him a Hollywood star. From then on, Jackie gained continuous Hollywood success as he acted in films such as "Shanghai Noon", "Shanghai Knights" "Rush Hour 2", "The Tuxedo", "Around the World in 80 Days" and more.
2. Jet LiHere's another famous Chinese film actor, film producer, martial artist, and wushu champion who managed to make it big in Hollywood. Jet Li is most notably known for his role as the folk hero Wong Fei-hung in the "Once Upon A Time in China" series. His first role in a Hollywood film was as a villain in the 1998 movie "Lethal Weapon 4". He then played his first Hollywood leading role as Han Sing in the 2000 film "Romeo Must Die" which became a box office hit. Since then, Li has delved in more Hollywood films including "Kiss of the Dragon", "Unleashed", "The Forbidden Kingdom" (which he co-starred with Jackie Chan), "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" and "The Expendables" trilogy.
3. Michelle YeohOur very own Tan Sri Michelle Yeoh who is a Malaysian actress born in Ipoh, has also carved her name in Hollywood. She is a former beauty pageant winner who started her acting career in Hong Kong with martial arts and action films where she performed her own stunts. Yeoh started to gained more success after she starred in "Police Story 3: Super Cop" alongside Jackie Chan. She made her Hollywood debut in the 18th "James Bond" film series, "Tomorrow Never Dies" with Pierce Brosnan. Her other notable Hollywood films are; "Memoirs of the Geisha", "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" and "Kung Fu Panda 2".
4. Chow Yun-fatChow Yun-fat who is the second highest earning actor in Hong Kong, has appeared in over 121 films and 24 television series to date. His first two Hollywood films were "The Replacement Killers" (1998) and "The Corruptor" (1999), which became box office disappointments. He then starred in "Anna and the King" alongside Jodie Foster but the film was also a box office failure. In 2000, Chow then played the role of Li Mu-Bai in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" which then became a box office hit and an Oscar-winning film. Chow also starred in "Bulletproof Monk", "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" and the unsuccessful "Dragonball Evolution".
5. Zhang ZiyiZhang Ziyi is one of the most bankable Chinese actresses and model who is also one of the Four Dan Actresses of China with Zhao Wei, Zhou Xun and Xu Jinglei. Zhang first major role was in the 1999 Chinese romantic drama film "The Road Home". She started gaining recognition in Hollywood after starring in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" which won several awards in the Western world. Since then, she began to receive more roles in Hollywood films such as "Rush Hour 2", "Hero", "House of Flying Daggers" and "Memoirs of a Geisha" which she acted alongside Michelle Yeoh and Gong Li.
6. Gong LiGong Li is known as one of the most prominent Chinese actresses who achieved international fame through her collaboration with director Zhang Yimou which helped promote the Chinese cinema to Europe and the United States. After her performance in the Oscar-nominated "Raise the Red Lantern", Zhang began to receive international spotlight. Gong officially made her Hollywood film debut in "Memoirs of a Geisha" which she acted in with Zhang Ziyi and Michelle Yeoh. She then starred in more Hollywood films such as "Miami Vice" and "Hannibal Rising". 
7. Watanabe KenThe Japanese actor who is known for always playing the tragic character, Watanabe Ken is one of the few Japanese actors who have achieved fame in Hollywood. Watanabe started acting in 1979 but made his international debut through the 2003 film "The Last Samurai" where he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the Academy Awards. He also appeared in "Memoirs of a Geisha' as Chairman Iwamura and played Ra's al Ghul's decoy in "Batman Begins". He then starred in Clint Eastwood's "Letters From Iwo Jima" alongside Ninomiya Kazunari in 2006. His other notable Hollywood films are; "Inception", "Godzilla" and "Transformers: Age of Extinction".
8. Kikuchi RinkoKikuchi Rinko became the first Japanese actress after 50 years to be nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress after she received international recognition in Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's film "Babel". Her first full English-language film is "The Brothers Bloom". She was then cast in the first English-language adaptation of Japan's most famous samurai tale, "47 Ronin". In 2013, she starred in Guillermo del Toro's "Pacific Rim" and in 2014 she played Kumiko in David Zellner's "Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter".

9. Lee Byung-hunLee Byung-hun is a popular and acclaimed South Korean actor and martial artist who began his acting career in 1995. In Korea, he is best known for "Joint Security Area", "A Bittersweet Life", "The Good, the Bad, the Weird" and the television series "Iris". Meanwhile, in U.S, he is known for portraying Storm Shadow in "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" and its sequel "G.I. Joe: Retaliation". He also acted in the 2013 action comedy "Red 2". Lee will be playing T-1000 in the upcoming "Terminator Genisys".

March 5, 2015
Lee Byung-hun settles issue with blackmailers: report
The long-running blackmail case involving Hallyu star Lee Byung-hun appears to be drawing to an end as Lee and the two blackmailers have “virtually” reached a settlement, local media said Thursday. 
Model Lee Ji-yeon, 24, and GLAM member Kim Da-hee, 20, who were charged with threatening the high-profile actor, stood trial on Thursday after they lodged an appeal. 
“Given that the crime was accidental and no more than an attempt and they are young, the punishment is not justifiable,” the lawyer of the two minor celebrities said, explaining the reason for the appeal. 
“The victim and the defendants have virtually reached an agreement,” he added. 
Lee filed a lawsuit against the two last August, accusing them of blackmailing him for 5 billion won ($4.6 million) in return for a video of the three having a lewd conversation. 
The court sentenced the model to 14 months and the girl group member to one year in jail, after which two women launched an appeal. 
The model Lee claimed that she had been dating the actor for a few months and he initiated their relationship by offering financial support, further complicating the case. 
Her argument put the 44-year-old actor in trouble, turning public sentiment against the married man. 
Three months after the case first came to light, Lee repeated an apology to the public and his celebrity wife upon returning to Seoul from the U.S. in late February. 
“I should have apologized earlier. I am sorry. I am the only one to blame. I owe my family and wife a big one that will take forever to pay back,” he told reporters at Incheon International Airport. 
He has been married since August 2013 to actress Lee Min-jung, who is due to give birth in April. 
(khnews@heraldcorp.com) 

Variety_zpsab63cb21.jpg

March 5, 2015
Paramount Strikes Long Term Distribution Deal With Korea’s Lotte
Patrick FraterAsia Bureau ChiefDave McNaryFilm Reporter Variety
Paramount Pictures has struck a long term distribution agreement with Lotte Entertainment, which will see the Korean major handle a number of upcoming and future releases of Paramount’s films.
Notable among these will be the next installment of the “Mission: Impossible” franchise, starring Tom Cruise, will be released in Korea on July 30, 2015 by Lotte.
The studio has previously looked to CJ Entertainment, the largest vertically integrated entertainment company in the country, to handle distribution of its titles in the world’s sixth largest theatrical market.
Paramount confirmed that other titles to be handled by Lotte include the Michael Bay-produced “Project Almanac” and the previously announced “Terminator Genisys,” which is set for a July 2 outing in Korea. “Terminator Genisys” gives prominent billing to Korean star Lee Byung-hun, who plays a shape-shifting T1000 cyborg.
“We very much look forward to beginning this long-term arrangement with Lotte and know that they will bring a tremendous amount of enthusiasm, along with their expert marketing and distribution capabilities, to every one of our upcoming films set for release in Korea,” said Mark Viane, Paramount’s Co-President of International Theatrical Marketing & Distribution.
“Together we will be in the best position to introduce more of Paramount’s exciting slate to local audiences. We are looking forward to a successful partnership over the years to come,” said Won Chun Cha, CEO of Lotte Entertainment.
As an investor in the Hemisphere Tentpole Co-financing Fund, Lotte has previously had access to a small number of other Paramount-released titles, including “World War Z” in 2013. “Terminator Genisys” was different and in January Lotte picked up Korean distribution and marketing activities without being an investor in the picture.

March 5, 2015

Lee Byung Hun’s Blackmailer Lee Ji Yeon Claims She Has Chronic Illness, Requests for Bail
Source: soompi
Lee Byung Hun‘s blackmailers Lee Ji Yeon and GLAM member Dahee‘s trial continues with the prosecutors demanding a three year sentence for both of them at the latest hearing.
On March 5, the first court of appeals took place for Lee Ji Yeon and Dahee. Previously in January, the two received a sentence of a year and a 14 months, respectively.
Lee Ji Yeon and Dahee’s lawyer supported the defendants by saying, “Lee Byung Hun has voiced that he does not want the defendants punished. His proposal is basically like an agreement between the two parties,” adding, “please consider how young the defendants are and how truly regretful they are of their actions.”
Lee Ji Yeon also requested a bail due to a chronic illness, as she said at the trial, “I’m very sorry to the victim and his family. I am truly regretting what I’ve done. I have a chronic illness, so I have been getting treated for it. It would be difficult to continue treatment in prison.”
The prosecutors demanded a three year sentence for both at the latest trial, saying, “The defendants precisely planned the blackmailing. Also, despite their letters of apology, they continue to be inaccurate with the actual crime so we cannot be sure they’re being genuine. They need longer sentences.”
Lee Byung Hun submitted a request for favorable arrangements last month for the two defendants with a statement. His representative announced, “Lee Byung Hun himself is regretful of his actions as a public figure, and he has requested for a favorable hearing for the defendants.”
The final trial for the appeal will take place on March 26.

March 6, 2015
3-year jail terms sought for Lee blackmailers
By Jhoo Dong-chan The Korea Times
K2015030600189-450.jpg
Prosecutors sought three-year jail sentences for model Lee Ji-yeon and girl group GLAM member Kim Da-hee for blackmailing actor Lee Byung-hun during an appeal court hearing Friday.
A district court sentenced Lee to 14 months in prison and Kim to one year on Jan. 15, which they appealed.
However, the prosecution also appealed the sentence and demanded the Seoul High Court hand down longer jail terms for the two, saying, "The defendants do not regret their behavior."
A lawyer for Lee and Kim called for leniency, saying the actor and the defendants have almost reached a compromise.
"The defendants are in their 20s and now regret their wrongdoing. I ask for leniency," the lawyer said.
Lee, who married actress Lee Min-jung in 2013, reported the blackmail attempt to the police in August, saying model Lee and Kim asked him for 5 billion won or they would release video footage of him involved in a sexually explicit conversation. 
Lee denied he had any sexual relations with them, although text messages released in court showed there was explicit talk between them. 
The ruling on the appeals will be given on March 26.

March 8, 2015

Lee Byung-hun’s wife posts lovely photos
Actress and expectant mother Lee Min-jung revealed Polaroid photos on her Instagram account on Saturday. It was her first post since August, when her husband Lee Byung-hun became mired in a blackmail scandal. 
2015030813392010455_1.jpg(INSTAGRAM)

“I am grateful to my people,” Lee wrote alongside the photo, hinting that she has been having a good time despite the growing controversy involving her husband. 
Last August, Lee Byung-hun filed charges against model Lee Ji-yeon and girl group member Kim Da-hee for blackmailing him by threatening to release a compromising video. A month later, they were sentenced to one year and two months and one year in jail, respectively. 
(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

March 8, 2015
Lee Min Jung Greets Fans through Instagram Ahead of Baby’s Arrival
Soompi
lee-min-jung.jpg
Actress Lee Min Jung has broken her Instagram silence after a six-month hiatus.
On March 7, the soon-to-be mother uploaded a snapshot of polaroid photographs on her personal Instagram account. The caption says, “My people… Thanks to you….. Thank you!”
The pictures show Lee Min Jung posing with her dearest and nearest, who seem to have supported her during recent changes and events in her life, including the blackmailing scandal involving her husband Lee Byung Hun. The post marks Lee Min Jung’s first social media update after the scandal broke out in last September. Since then, it has been revealed that the actress is pregnant with the couple’s first child, and will be giving birth at the end of this month.
Meanwhile, Lee Min Jung recently returned to Korea together with her husband, and they are now preparing for their baby’s arrival.

March 8, 2015
Lee Min Jung posts how she’s doing
Source: Innolife
Actress Lee Min-Jeong released how she’s doing through her Instagram on March 7th.
She wrote, “My people. Thank you.” There are several polaroid photos of Lee Min-Jeong having a good time with her friends. This is for the first time since she stopped SNS because of her husband Lee Byeong-Heon’s incident in August, 2014. Meantime, Lee Min-Jeong is known as to taking care of herself and the baby before the giving birth.
Published on March 9, 2015 by ystarnews 

March 9, 2015
Lotte Seals Korean Distribution Deal with ParamountExhibitor will release TERMINATOR: GENISYS and MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 5 by Pierce ConranKOBIZ  Lotte Entertainment has entered into a long-term deal with Paramount Pictures, which will see it distribute a number of the Hollywood major’s releases in the Korean market. Summer franchise titles Terminator: Genisys and Mission Impossible 5, as well as the sci-fi Project Almanac, which was released last week, are the first titles to be announced as part of the new pact. To be released on July 2nd, Terminator: Genisys, which features local star LEE Byung-hun in a major role, was announced by Lotte earlier this year, while the latest installment of Mission: Impossible is slated for July 30th. The most recent outing of the Tom Cruise spy franchise, 2011’s Ghost Protocol, was a huge hit in Korea, garnering 7.51 million admissions. Mark Viane, Paramount’s co-president of international theatrical marketing and distribution said: “We very much look forward to beginning this long-term arrangement with Lotte and know that they will bring a tremendous amount of enthusiasm, along with their expert marketing and distribution capabilities, to every one of our upcoming films set for release in Korea.” Meanwhile, WON Chun Cha, the CEO of Lotte Entertainment stated that “We are delighted to partner with Paramount Pictures for the continued growth of its compelling franchise in Korea. I believe that together we will be in the best position to introduce more of Paramount’s exciting slate to local audiences. We are looking forward to a successful partnership over the years to come.” Prior to this year, Paramount generally worked with Lotte’s distribution rival CJ Entertainment. Since Lotte is an investor in the Hemisphere Tentpole Co-financing Fund, it was able to secure distribution rights for some earlier Paramount titles, including 2013’s World War Z, which accrued 5.24 million viewers in Korea.

March 9, 2015

Lee Byung-hun blackmailers released on bail
Source: The Korea Times US
The two women jailed for a blackmail attempt on actor Lee Byung-hun will be released on bail for the first time since their arrest last September, Yonhap reported.
The Seoul High Court said Monday it made the decision to release model Lee Ji-yeon and GLAM member Kim Da-hee based on a leniency request filed by the actor earlier this year and on model Lee’s need for chronic disease treatment.
Last year, model Lee and Kim blackmailed Lee for a sum of about $5 million in a scandal that involved a sexually suggestive conversation.
In January, a district court sentenced both women to prison terms — model Lee to 14 months and Kim to one year.
Ruling on their appeals will be held March 26.
Lee Byung-hun blackmailers freed on bail
Source: Hancinema.net
Lee Ji-yun and Dahee, who were charged with blackmailing actor Lee Byung-hun, are being released.
The Korean Central Court allowed application for bail on the 9th.
The Justice Department said, "We allowed for bail considering the circumstances and decided it was right to carry on without detention".
Lee Ji-yun and Dahee are being released for the first time in 6 months. They are looking forward to a final trial on the 26th.
Lee Byung-hun's opinion of not wanting them punished and Lee Ji-yun's health condition that needs constant treatment reflected greatly in the court's decision to let them go.
Previously in the first trial, Lee Ji-yun was sentenced to a year and two months and Dahee to a year of imprisonment. They were sentenced to prison life in the second trial as well and were detained.
Lee Ji-yun and Dahee blackmailed Lee Byung-hun for 5 billion won in cash, in exchange for a video they took of him while they were drinking.

Movie is still casting, no update from the March filming date previously reported .. nothing changes except for this latest news..

logo-thr.jpg

March 10, 2015

Josh Duhamel, Alice Eve to Star in Legal Thriller 'Beyond Deceit' (Exclusive)

Anthony Hopkins and Al Pacino are already on board the indie, which will mark the directorial debut of screenwriter Shintaro Shimosawa.

by Borys Kit THR

josh_duhamel_alice_eve_split.jpgAP Images

Josh Duhamel and Alice Eve have joined Anthony Hopkins and Al Pacino in Beyond Deceit, a legal thriller that will mark the directorial debut of screenwriter Shintaro Shimosawa.

Glen Powell, who will appear in Ryan Murphy’s upcoming Scream Queens, and Leah McKendrick are also joining the cast, which already includes Malin Akerman and Byung-hun Lee.

Duhamel is stepping into the shoes previously worn by Dan Stevens, who dropped out due to a conflict with Disney's live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast. 

Duhamel will now star as an ambitious young lawyer who takes on a big case against a ruthless executive of a pharmaceutical company, only to find himself drawn into a murder case in which he is the prime suspect. Eve portrays his wife.

The script was written by Adam Mason and Simon Boyes with a rewrite by Shimosawa.

Jonathan Senger and Ellen Wander are producing.

Duhamel last starred with Emmy Rossum and Hilary Swank in You’re Not You and is now on TV starring in CBS’ Battle Creek, the new cop show from Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan. He is repped by ICM Partners, John Carrabino Management and Hansen Jacobson.

Eve last shot thriller Criminal, from Millennium Films, in which she stars alongside Ryan Reynolds, Kevin Costner and Gal Gadot. She is due to reprise her role as Carol in Star Trek 3 and has Neil LaBute's Dirty Weekend premiering at the Tribeca Film Festival. She is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.