Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Thanks to the highlight at LBH DC Gallery

December 4, 2014
The T-1000 is now Asian in new TERMINATOR Reboot
Posted by Anderson YouOffendMeYouOffendMyFamily.com
20141204_16.jpg
Well, the first trailer for TERMINATOR: GENISYS was just unleashed online today and it looks like the franchise is getting the good ole’ JJ Abrams STAR TREK reboot/alternate timeline treatment. Arnold Schwarzenegger returns as the T-800 and just from what I gathered from the trailer, it seems he was another Terminator who was sent back in time and raised young Sarah Connor when she was a little girl, and waited until the evil T-800 from the original TERMINATOR film popped up in 1984 and took care of business and obliterated it, hence the new timeline, which I assume the year 2029 John Connor (Jason Clarke) and the rest of the resistance doesn’t know about, creating a time paradox when they send Kyle Reese (Jai Courtney) back in time to “protect” Sarah Connor.
Wow, that was a mouthful. Oh, and the new T-1000 or other liquid metal, morphing Terminator is now Asian, played by Korean superstar Lee Byung-hun. He’s I guess the go-to evil minion in Hollywood nowadays, with his roles in the GI JOE franchise as Storm Shadow and as Helen Mirren’s arm candy in RED 2. I guess this isn’t entirely so myopic, since his evil or more anti-hero turns in I SAW THE DEVIL, THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE WEIRD and I COME WITH THE RAIN (for example) were so damn good.
I gotta say, I wasn’t as underwhelmed from the trailer than the last McG / Christian Bale TERMINATOR film, which was just so awful. And there was good will built back up with the short-lived THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES, which I really liked, especially since it built up some good mythology and Lena Heady’s performance as Sarah Connor was really good (and extended Heady’s MILF status too).
Interesting that another GAME OF THRONES alum has taken over the Connor role and surprisingly, Emilia Clarke looks a lot like a young Linda Hamilton. Plus, I am pretty sure Clarke can fill those very big shoes, since her portrayal of Daenerys is good training for this iconic character. Plus, the director, Alan Taylor, is also a GAMES alum, directing some of its best episodes.

December 4, 2014
THE TERMINATOR IS BACK... AND HE IS ASIAN.Lee Byung-hun stars as the sci-fi action franchise's latest cyborg villain.
Source: Angry Asian Man
"Come with me if you want to live!" Terminator: Genisys is the latest attempt to revive the blockbuster sci-fi action movie franchise. The freshly released trailer re-casts and brings back the series' familiar characters, but also adds a yet another new tangle to the doomsday narrative's twisted timeline. 
Yes, Arnold is back. But now he's older, greying and one of the good guys. The big bad Terminator this time around? Korean superstar Lee Byung-Hun (last seen in RED 2 and G.I. Joe: Retaliation) as the all-new lean mean liquid metal killing machine. Whaaaaaaat. Take a look:
20141204_9.jpg
I don't know how to feel about this. Between Terminator 3, Terminator Salvation and The Sarah Connor Chronicles, this universe is a bit of a mess. I guess they're just going to keep trying until they can make it work.
But Lee Byung-hun as the Terminator? I like it. Why the hell not? He looks badass enough. I do wonder if they'll find an excuse for him to be onscreen without a shirt. They should. Naked time travel science, you know.
Terminator Genisys is set to hit theaters on July 1, 2015.

December 8, 2014

THE TERMINATOR IS A BADASS ASIAN!
Nam | The Bamboo Post
20141204_5.jpg
The Terminator is back and this time he’s Asian!

In Terminator: Genisys, Byung-hun Lee (you may recognize him as Storm Shadow from the G.I. Joe franchise) plays the cyborg that is sent back in time to get rid of Sarah Connor to prevent the creation of the resistance against the machines.
Not going to lie, I do not know much about the franchise. I watched the first Terminator annnnnd that’s about it. But I did pay close attention to the media surrounding this one because of Emilia Clarke, who plays Sarah Connor (because I like Game of Thrones and because she’s pretty, ya know?), and now that I’ve found out the main villain is Lee (he was dope in G.I. Joe) I’m definitely going to be a fan, or at least watch and share every trailer and read most of the news stories on it, and pretend like I’ve always been a fanboy of the franchise.
Oh, and Arnold Schwarzenegger’s going to make a return.
The movie is set to hit theaters on July 1, 2015.

Thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712  // Google translate by EverythingLBH.com

December 11, 2014
Korean Movie Actors' Current Acting Fee
Source: Naver
700 Million Won - Song Kang Ho, Ha Jung Woo, Lee Byung Hun600 Million Won - Kang Dong Won, Choi Min Sik, Hwang Jung Min, Kim Yoon Seok, Jang Dong Gun, Won Bin, Jo Seung Woo, Ryoo Seung Ryong500 Million Won - Lee Jung Jae, Kim Myung Min, Sol Kyung Gu, Baek Yun Shik, Cha Tae Hyun 400 Million Won Gong Yoo, Yoo Ah In, Park Hae Il300 Million Won - Lee Min Ki, Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho200 Million Won - Choi Seung Hyun (TOP), Kim Rae Won, Yeo Jin Goo
01.9380427.1.jpg
20141211_700w.jpg

Thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712 // Gallup Korea
December 15, 2014
Gallup Korea's Outstanding Actors 2014 & Top 5 from 2007-2014
1. Choi Min Sik (42.3%)2. Song Kang Ho (22.2%)3. Ryu Seung Ryong (10.5%)4. Ha Jung Woo (9.5%)5. Lee Byung Hun (4.5%)6. Kang Dong Won (4.2%)7. Sul Kyung Gu (3.7%)8. Jung Woo Sung (3.6%)9. Hyun Bin (3.3%)10. Kim Soo Hyun (3.2%)2014gallup_lbhno5.jpg

December 16, 2014
Prosecution Demands Three Years in Jail for Lee Byung Hun's Blackmailers
Newsen Jo Yeon Kyung  Translation Credit : Grace Danbi Hong

The prosecution has demanded three years in jail for model A and Glam′s Dahee for blackmailing Lee Byung Hun for 50 billion won. 
On December 16 at 2:40 PM KST, the Seoul Central District Court held its third hearing for the ′Lee Byung Hun 50 Billion Won Blackmail Case′ with both model A and Dahee present, where the prosecution and lawyers both issued their statements. The prosecution and the lawyers both stated that they will not be questioning model A and Dahee, leading the hearing to reorganize everything that has happened in the case. 
Regarding model A and Dahee, the prosecution stated, "Although they have admitted to the crime of blackmail, it is clearly the truth that they pretended to be in a relationship with victim, Lee Byung Hun, with no evidence and made monetary demands. They planned on extorting money even before meeting the victim," and "It′s already been confirmed that the victim refused this in mutually sent text messages." 
"There was rarely a time when model A and Lee Byung Hun met alone. Also, we also came to the understanding that the defendants have called the victim in a belittling manner, and couldn′t find any truth in model A′s claim that she was dating the victim," said the prosecution. "The defendants only saw the victim as someone to get money from." 
"Although it ended as an attempt, demanding a large sum of money such as 50 billion won while blackmailing with a private video that was filmed, we′ve come to the conclusion that the nature of the crime is wicked. They also didn′t show any sincere apologies while making claims that were far from the truth. Due to this, the victim and his families received much mental and material harm." 
With these details, the prosecution demanded three years in jail for model A and Dahee. 
83266002.jpg
Back in September, Lee Byung Hun was blackmailed by Glam member Dahee and model A with a video that consisted of obscene jokes, in exchange for 50 billion won. Dahee and model A were later arrested. 

The first trial was held on October 16 with model A and Dahee both admitting to the blackmail, but also bringing up new claims. In the second trial on November 11, Lee Byung Hun personally appeared as the victim and shared details regarding the case. 
In the third hearing, Lee Byung Hun′s side and model A and Dahee′s side had a time of reorganizing all the details and distributing new evidence. The final hearing will be held on January 15. 
Photo Credit: Newsen

December 16, 2014
8th Korean Film Festival in Cambodia Invites 5 FilmsMASQUERADE Sells Out Before Show by June Kim KOBIZ

DcFUCsIGStpasHXPbkZs.jpg
Founded in 2006 and organized by the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the Kingdom of Cambodia, the 8th Korean Film Festival was held from December 6th to the 10th in Phnom Penh. This year, the festival selected five contemporary Korean films to present to local audiences. Screenings were held at Platinum Cineplex, Legend Cinema, City Mall Shopping Center and the Chaktomuk Theater.
 The programming included the SONG Joong-ki led A Werewolf Boy (2012), the period piece Masquerade (2012), director Bong Joon Ho’s The Host (2006), a story about a very special ‘old’ family, Boomerang Family (2013) and a new art film that’s been receiving a lot of attention, Set Me Free. Films were all well attended, especially the closing night film Masquerade which sold out before the show started. Although the festival was well attended and many enjoyed the screenings, there were some complaints in regards to the lack of Khmer dubbing like in past years and also difficulties relating to subject matter. Hopefully next year’s programming will be able to take these elements into consideration and provide great films that are also relatable for local audiences.

December 16, 2014

Prosecution Demands Lee Ji Yeon and GLAM’s Dahee to Serve Three-Year Sentence for Blackmailing Lee Byung Hun
Pao soompi.com
Model Lee Ji Yeon and GLAM’s Dahee are demanded by the prosecution to serve three years in jail for blackmailing actor Lee Byung Hun.
At the third trial held at the Seoul Central District Court on December 16, the prosecution demanded Lee Ji Yeon and GLAM’s Dahee to serve a three year sentence.
“Dahee and Lee Ji Yeon admitted to being accomplices however, they denied planning the crime and doing the crime itself. The crime is severe and a strict punishment is needed so we demand a three-year sentence,” stated the prosecution.
“(In asking for this sentence,) we have considered that the crime involved the two (ladies) planning the crime and using private recording to extort money. They have shifted the blame to the victim and they didn’t repent nor self-reflect. They have caused great psychological to the victim’s family as well,” added the prosecution.
The prosecution also showed text messages as evidence as proof that before Lee Ji Yeon and Dahee met with Lee Byung Hun last August, the two ladies possessed private recordings that they intended to extort money with.
“(Although it is argued by the defense that Lee Ji Yeon and Lee Byung Hun were in a romantic relationship), the meetings between those two people are very few. There isn’t any truth to the relationship of the two considering that the messages she sent with Dahee belittles Lee Byung Hun,” added the prosecution.
On the other hand, Lee Ji Yeon’s camp denied that the crime was premeditated. Lee Ji Yeon’s side also stated that the announcement of the criminal probe was partial to the victim’s side such that the messages sent by Lee Ji Yeon to Lee Byung Hun were revealed but the messages sent by Lee Byung Hun to Lee Ji Yeon were partially not submitted.
In November, GLAM‘s Dahee and model Lee Ji Yeon were sued for blackmailing when they threatened Lee Byung Hun that they will release personal information if he did not pay them 5 billion won (approximately 4.9 million USD).

^ Thanks Barbara, LBH DC Gallery was also posting this.. just saw it a moment ago. 
A lovely sharing in quite awhile..
On Nate today, media getting hold of image from online community boards
img_20141218134148_ccbba444.jpg

December 18, 2014

Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung Couple Photographed Enjoying Vacation in LA
deedeegii soompi.com

Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung Couple Photographed Enjoying Vacation in LAActor couple Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung were recently spotted together during their time in the United States.
On December 17, a photo of the two was shared through an online community and quickly became a hot topic. The netizen who uploaded the photo wrote, “Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung were photographed in LA. They look like they’re getting along well.”
In the picture, the couple can be seen dressed in contrasting colors, black and white, as they pose closely for a photo in front of a fountain, hugging one another. Lee Min Jung is seen wrapping her arms around her husband, who is carrying a shopping bag.
Meanwhile, Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung are expected to stay in LA until they return to Korea in January.