Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

This appeared at Byunghun's news page today, what a pleasant surprise. Actor Jin Tae Hyun at Gong Hyung Jin's Cine Town program on SBS Power FM. Both were actors in "All About My Romance" with Lee Min Jung and Shin Ha Kyun recently.
June 12, 2013
Actor Jin Tae-Hyun, "My role model is Choi Min-Soo and Lee Byung-Hun"

Source: Nate (thanks to mistymorning for the good gist)
1371004778_524044.jpg

June 12, 2013
2013 Summer Movies: Jung Woo Sung vs Ha Jung Woo vs Lee Byung Hun vs Song Kang Ho
Source: Nate (thanks to mistymorning for the movie info ^^)
20130612_1370994349_75028300_1.jpg

The summer of 2013 will be extra hot with the release of these highly-anticipated new movies starring Korea's top leading men.
Clockwise from top: Jung Woo Sung - Cold Eyes opens July 4Ha Jung Woo - The Terror Live opens August 1
Song Kang Ho - Snowpiercer opens August 1Lee Byung Hun - RED: The Legend opens July 19

June 12, 2013
Song Seung Hun: "Lee Byung Hun in Hollywood, frankly I envy him"
Source: Nate
2013061101000485300030831.jpg

After the MBC drama "Whan a man loves" ended, this reporter had a chance to meet SSH. During the talk when asked about actor Lee Byung Hun's venture into Hollywood, SSH said "Frankly I envy him. It must not have been that easy to go there. Not just in acting but in language he must have put serious efforts"

June 11, 2013
Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung Are Not On Their Honeymoon
by Joan MacDonald KDramaStars.com

bhmj_p10.jpg

When it was learned that Korea's Power Couple Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung were both in the U.S., people assumed that they were on a sort of pre-honeymoon.
Lee Byung Hun's agency denied reports that the newly engaged actors were on any kind of vacation, saying that he was in the U.S. on business. The veteran Korean actor is making a name for himself in Hollywood. Lee recently appeared in two American films, "Red 2" and "G.I. Joe Retaliation." He is in Los Angeles to talk about promoting a new film "Red, The Legend."
No return date has yet been decided and there is no word as to why Lee Min Jung is in the U.S., whether she is on personal business or discussing future projects. Although she has earned praise for her work in dramas and films, she has not yet starred in any foreign productions. She could be there for business or she might just be there so they can make wedding plans, which is harder to do long distance.
The couple briefly dated when they first met in 2006 but broke up because of their conflicting schedules. He was an established actor and she a rookie actress. He did not want to interfere with her developing career.
After Lee Byung Hun appeared in "G.I. Joe," the couple began dating again and worked hard to mesh their schedules. They tried to meet up as often as they could but sometimes they were even in the same foreign country and couldn't coordinate their agendas.
For example, they were both recently in Japan, he for "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" promotions and she to visit friends, but they could only manage to speak on the phone.
He joked that news articles would assume they were together when in fact they were in different parts of the country.
"There were also rumors that we traveled to the U.S. together in the past but even then we could not spend any time together," said Lee Min Jung. "I went to New York for a photo shoot and he had to go to Canada to film "Red 2." He couldn't find a direct flight so he had to come to New York. We only met at the airport."
He's been busy filming overseas for the last year and Lee Min Jung was busy filming her drama, "All About My Romance." He was so overbooked that he could not even properly propose to her. It just seemed like a good idea that they should marry and she caught the bouquet at a friend's wedding. But she is not complaining.
Such is the life of working actors and neither of them plans to slow down once they marry. Lee Min Jung is grateful that her fiancée takes her career so seriously.
"I will probably get a new project this year," she said. "We are getting married but we will continue to pursue our careers.
The couple plans to marry on August 10 in Seoul.
--- Same article different title, affiliated blog-sites
Are They Even In The Same Place? Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung Are Not On Their HoneymoonTHE NEWLY ENGAGED COUPLE IS IN AMERICA ON BUSINESShttp://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/30976/20130612/lee-min-jung-lee-byung-hun-usa-business.htm

Thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712 <3
RED The Legend Official Korean Website Opens
http://www.red2013.kr/index.htm
https://twitter.com/bloomagemovie
https://www.facebook.com/bloomage.film
1345936147_yhth1z5b_02.jpg

1005119_581138611909127_108675303_n.jpg

June 11, 2013
Seo Woo Jin's Role Model: Lee Byung Hun sunbaenim
Source: BNT News, thanks to mistymorning for the English gist ^^
9c47a4dd58efbe704dbe895ef41644c8.jpg

Reporter asked young actor Seo Woo Jin of tvN's 'Nine', who is his role model. Seo said, "Lee Byung-Hun sunbaenim" promptly. When reporter asked the reason, he said "I really admire him", "He can act heavy roles and light roles, seems that he can do any kind of roles. His acting spectrum is so wide"
Seo Woo Jin also said that when he was little, he was told he looked like Lee Byung Hun. He wanted to resemble not just looks but the acting styles too.

Thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712
Masquerade DVD Official Trailer English Dubbed

Source: CJ Entertainment

130423-001_13042310434781.jpg
Masquerade DVD Director  Choo Chang-MinCast  Lee Byung-hun, Han Hyo-joo, Ryoo Seung RyongGenre  Drama, History , RomanceLanguage  Korean with English Dub and subtitlesRunning Time  131 minutesRating  PG-13ProductionDistributor  CJ EntertainmentMaking Year  2011Release Date  2013-06-11Year Completed  2012Street Date  2013-06-11Sku  412CJUPC  851339004128Aspect Ratio  16 X 9 widescreenClosed Captioned  N
Source: Amazon.com

Here's our editorial, been a little bit rusty though.. duck.gif
editorial_jun20131.jpg

June 12, 2013

January - June 2013
http://everythinglbh.com/entry_view.php?id=3577

Hi, how everyone's been doing? It has been quite a while since our last editorial, and it’s obviously our first for 2013. A whole lot has happened in relation to actor Lee Byung Hun, professionally as well as in his personal life and ventures. It's all been good though, which we hope will continue on with more to come.

So, what has 2013 brought us since beginning of the year? First of all 'Masquerade' opened in Japan after Lee Byung Hun's hands-on promotion and fan activities kicked off the historical feature for the fans there. More fans in Singapore and Taiwan were also treated with screening in the respective countries, plus popular opening feature in various film festivals. Not only Gwanghae was made into a stage play starring BH Ent' artist Bae Soo Bin running February till April, a Gwanghae limited figure depicting a miniature Lee Byung Hun as the Joseon King was also released to become a collectors' item, no doubt.

Short of sweeping the top three honors at the 49th Baeksang awards this year, Gwanghae walked away with Best Film and Best Director prizes but not the coveted Best Actor award. Probably avoiding similar Daejong controversy, Lee Byung Hun though nominated did not attend the rather lacklustre ceremony. However, he was highly honored at the MPAA-CJ Ent. Korean Cinema Event in Washington DC the week after.

Of course, much-awaited after the unexpected delay from the original June 2012 release, was 2013 movie GI Joe: Retaliation. Finally the Joes and arch-enemy Cobras arrived to the screen along with a worldwide premiere starting in Seoul to Sydney to London and LA before the big global assault. As expected, Retaliation did not disappoint at the box-office to the relief of everyone involved. Yet, how was the sequel for you? Was it up to your expectations? Enough Storm Shadow on the big screen? LOL, obviously not!

Critically acclaimed it'll never be but no matter how hard it's beaten all around by the critics, a franchise like GI Joe will never be easily defeated. And so, there will a 3rd instalment and let's hope it'll be the last of the Joes vs Cobra. Lee Byung Hun as Storm Shadow is a favorite once again but most importantly, really hoping it'll be a great finale that gets everything right the third time around. Hopefully.

On the other hand, RED 2 had been pushed ahead to July 19 from the August date (which turns out to be a big blessing, you all know why ^^). A contrast to GI Joe 2's situation, it makes the upcoming movie even more focused and confident of its storyline & sequel continuation. A preliminary high test score doesn't hurt either. It already has an amazing cast to boot plus the chemistry based on the first RED -- Bruce Willis, John Malkovich and Helen Mirren simply rock the screen. Let's hope everything will turn out even more amazing for Lee Byung Hun in this stellar ensemble, one movie that many actors could only dream of being in. 

On the commercial front, Lee Byung Hun's current endorsements with Nescafé, Pantech's Vega series, Sony and Nautica Outdoor are all moving forward stronger, not to mention the cool feature for CGV 4DX. Could this translate to another domestic movie project, too? Pretty please?

In March, there was a surprise treat for fans of the super elusive Korean actor & celebrity Lee Byung Hun when he decided to appear on the tell-all talk show "Healing Camp".. what gives, this change of heart? Obviously that little bug called LOVE and persuasion of the sweetheart. Thanks to Minjung-ssi, fans and public get to know this man a lot better.

But through it all, the biggest best news in 2013 would have to be the wedding news. Finally, FINALLY! After months of lingering wedding rumors that were consistently denied by the agencies, finally that one news many wanted to hear. It's like everyone knew that it's coming.. but still, a warm wonderful surprise for LBH fans, all across the globe, spontaneous and simultaneously cheering the happy happy news. CONGRATULATIONS!

It's little wonder how Lee Ming Jung's recent drama series "All About My Romance" seems to portray quite the actress' real-life relationship with Lee Byung Hun. See it and everything just seemed familiar, in a nice way.. incidental or not. Despite the low ratings, it's a lovely rom-com and art imitating life probably made MJ choosing the particular drama? Particularly the happy ending being what Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung have been planning all along. Nonetheless, the ever-so-eager media had forced LBH to announce the news while he was still in Japan. Can't they at least wait for him to get back? Just give him a break already, it's his moment after all. 

But nope, wedding news which are the globally best scoop -- what media wants to miss out on that? Though Lee Byung Hun ended the second person to tell his news, the charming considerate man he is, BH wrote a personal letter for his fans at Rubeurs. A sweet, thoughtful and heart warming words from his heart telling his fan family that he'll be marrying his best friend. That really tells of a lot of love and affection, support and comfort between them. We can't help noticing the most encouraging point of how both LBH and LMJ have always been on the same page every time.. especially about their relationship. Last year they conveyed their messages to the fans at about the same time, echoing each other's thoughts and hopes. This time, with the upcoming wedding.. it's apparent they have talked, discussed and decided on serious matters together. 

As we wait for the wedding to be held in August, July will be an equally busy month when RED2 or RED: The Legend opens on the 19th. Lee Byung Hun will be kick-starting the world premiere in Seoul early July before joining the cast in the US for the big opening. All his hard work being away from Korea to give his best to his craft, it's finally showing the rewards of his commitment and sacrifices.

Of course, our Byunghun is also busy planning a big wedding with his fiancée. Just like he was involved with his sister's wedding last year, no doubt he will be all in for his own big day. From every little details to the wedding pictorial. Imagine that.. we have not seen LBH and LMJ out together that often.. and now there'll be a wedding pictorial to look forward to. With both being actors & celebrities themselves, there's no restriction with wedding photos compared to when only one spouse is a celebrity. It's be twice and more treat for the fans hoping to see the Hunnie-groom and bride in lavish tux & gowns plus the beautiful hanbok, like all the way. How cool is that?

So very much!

user posted image

This ecard has been sent to Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung at their respective agencies on Monday, June 10. Our gratitude to Barbara for facilitating it and to mistymorning for the lovely Korean wishes. <3

June 11 was actress Choi Ji Woo's birthday. Shared some updates at her thread (tribute to Ching, also Felicia) .. remembered how JW loves to visit the orphanage each time she celebrates her birthday? Simple update that brought such warm BD memories. And of course, our Minchul sil-jang-nim aka Byunghun-ssi himself is getting married in 2 months' time.. so much has happened since 2001 when BD first aired and finding its way into our hearts. But you know.. that Beautiful Days will stay on forever ever, the strong impression by Lee Byung Hun surpassed by no other. no2.gif
Remembering Beautiful Days.. can't help missing our Ching, Felicia.. ylin.. the many more lovely Hunnie pandas..
However.. found this wonderful write-up .. an excellent recap of the romance we so love.. a true shout-out to the incomparable Lee Byung Hun as the one & only Lee Min Chul. So perfectly concluded by The Fangirl Verdict wub2.gif
Check it out and indulge that Minchul memory once again.. great pics, too.. BD fangirls' must-read!
e13_3.jpg [rubie loves this scene so much.. incredibly intense + BH's famous trademark single tear drop..perfect acting..]

THE SHORT VERDICT:Old-school, classic kdrama of the romantic, melodramatic variety, circa 2001.
Although not quite as wildly popular as Winter Sonata or Autumn In My Heart, Beautiful Days is actually a pretty good watch when you’re in the mood for retro melo.
Yes, it’s angsty, but it’s not depressingly so.
Plus, our male lead is a very smoldery Lee Byung Hun oozing oodles of machismo. If you like your kdrama heroes of the manly man variety, you might want to check this out.
Read the The Long Verdict HERE thumbup.gif

From news articles today, Lee Min Jung-ssi returned to Korea from LA early today (June 13) while Byunghun had returned home early Wednesday (June 12).
The reason why the couple return separately was due to LBH's schedule though it's something the couple knows best to deal with given the constant media attention on them.
Most importantly that both are safely back in Korea. <3
Source: Nate l Naver
20136135818hvf0pho_T5_44532.jpg

Source: Nate
2013061309530380_1_rstaredit.jpg

YSTAR news will have a clip on LBH and LMJ's return from the States later but the pic really doesn't look like BH at all

June 13, 2013
Lee Min-jeong arrives alone
Source: Dispatch via Hancinema.net
20136135818l49gpho_T5_44533.jpg
Lee Min-jeong arrived in Korea yesterday on the Los Angeles KE012 flight.
She returned from the States, a week after leaving with Lee Byeong-Heon.
Lee Min-jeong was looking beautiful as ever despite the long flight home. She waved her hand and smiled a little. She claimed it wasn't a honeymoon.
Meanwhile, Lee Min-jeong announced marriage with Lee Byeong-Heon on the 5th this month. They are getting married at the Grand Hyatt on the 10th of August. Lee Byeong-Heon is looking forward to the release of Hollywood movie "Red 2". Lee Min-jeong is taking a break after "Everything About My Relationship".
Published on June 12, 2013 by ystarnews

June 13, 2013
Lee Jae-Yun "I learned from watching Lee Byung-Hun's acting in 'I Saw the Devil' "
Source: Nate (thanks to mistymorning for the gist ^^)
2013061302074122255_1.jpg

Actor Lee Jae-Yun said, "I like Lee Byung Hun. I watched I Saw the Devil, which has both LBH and CMS. I thought LBH's acting before he lost his fiancee and after the process of punishing the killer was really done great."
He is acting in the new JTBC drama called 'Heartless City' which is about undercover agent in the drug cartel and cops pursuing them without knowing truth. 

June 12, 2013
JAPAN: 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Topples 'Oblivion' As It Inches To $250M Overseas
Source: Box Office.com
G.I. Joe: Retaliation opened in Japan last weekend and took a comfortable lead at the top of the box office. The action film's $2.1 million opening represents a 46% improvement above its predecessor in the same market. The Japan release helped G.I. Joe: Retaliation get one step closer to the $250 million overseas milestone. The film has currently grossed $243.6 million outside of North America. Oblivion dropped 54% to come in second place in its sophomore frame. The Tom Cruise sci-fi vehicle grossed $1.5 million over the weekend and reached a Japanese cume of $8.4 million. That takes the overseas total of Oblivion to $279.7 million, with only $88.5 million of that figure coming from North America. 
Source: Box Office Mojo20130609_jp_bo.jpg

June 13, 2013
Lee Min Jung returns from her vacation with fiance Lee Byung Hun in the States
by starsung  AllKpop.com
Actress Lee Min Jung returned home to Korea after spending a fairytale-like vacation with fiance Lee Byung Hun in the States. Lee Min Jung was spotted for the first time since her wedding announcement at the Incheon International Airport on the 13th. The actress looked as beautiful as ever, making it hard to believe that she had little to no makeup on.  The soon-to-be-bride was last seen leaving South Korea with Lee Byung Hun on the 7th and spent a week away from the public eye together. Lee Byung Hun arrived a day earlier on the 12th to carry out his schedule in Korea. Lee Min Jung responded to the press at the airport, sharing, "It wasn't a honeymoon. I had a good time."  When asked about her wedding plans, she revealed with a big smile, "I am preparing for it well." Lee Min Jung and Lee Byung Hun will hold their wedding ceremony at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Seoul on August 10 KST!

June 14, 2013
Lee Min-jung returns from the U.S.
By Lee Sun-min Korea JoongAng Daily
Actress Lee Min-jung arrived in Korea yesterday from Los Angeles after spending about a week in the United States with her fiance Lee Byung-hun, star of upcoming movie “Red 2.” 
Although they left together for the vacation, the couple came back on different flights. Lee Min-jung returned one day after her fiance, who had other engagements in Korea. 
Upon arrival at Incheon International Airport, she told reporters that the trip was not a honeymoon but that wedding preparations are going well. Early this month, the couple announced their plan to get married in August at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Hannam-dong, central Seoul.
Lee Byung-hun garnered international fame after appearing in the “G.I. Joe” franchise along with Hollywood stars. He also recently filmed “Red 2” with Bruce Willis and Catherine Zeta-Jones. That movie will be released here next month.
Lee’s most recent drama “All About My Romance” ended last month.

This is a great update to read about RED 2..  they let out a bit more of the synopsis related to BH's character. It's pretty bizarre but that's what makes RED an attraction & interesting to watch. Spoiler: The precious photo of Han/Byunghun's father is in the plane..*
June 13, 2013
Lee Byung Hun charms as an assassin in Hollywood blockbuster ‘RED 2’
By Korea Star Daily | KpopFighting.com
201306130913773272_51b90ef9e1e3f.jpg

Lee Byung Hun is set to show another side of his charms in his role of an assassin named Han in upcoming Hollywood blockbuster ‘RED 2’.
‘RED 2’ is scheduled for its premiere on July 18th and revolves around the reappearance of a lethal and portable nuclear device. To track down the missing device, retired black-ops CIA agent Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) reunites his unlikely team of elite operatives for their global quest.
The film is already gaining much interest because of the participation of actor Lee Byung Hun. The collaboration with many big-name Hollywood stars, is testament to the recognition that Lee Byung Hun has in Hollywood. Lee Byung Hun starred as Storm Shadow in the previous two ‘G.I. Joe’ films, and left a deep impressive on the global audience. Lee Byung Hun’s perfect reprisal of the highly skilled martial arts exponent Storm Shadow, has enabled him to find a place in Hollywood as an action actor.
Lee Byung Hun will not only show off even more action scenes in ‘RED 2’ but will also be involved in lots of twists and turns. His role as Han who remembers feuds and loves to fight, will enable one to see the progression in his acting. Regardless of opponent, Han is always able to complete his mission, and has the strongest fighting ability as an assassin. After receiving an order to kill Frank Moses, Han starts to track him down. But when Frank steals his private plane away, Han has a new mission and that was to retrieve his plane back. His relentless desire to reclaim his plane will enable one to see Lee Byung Hun in a totally new light.
Although the roles of Storm Shadow and Han appear to be similar, it is totally different in terms of personalities once you see both films in its entirety.
By: Lee Zhao TamCopyright@KpopFighting.com
RELEASE DATES: (Source: ScreenSlam.com)
US – July 19, 2013France – July 31, 2013Australia – August 1, 2013UK – August 2, 2013Germany – September 12, 2013

June 13, 2013
5 South Korean Films You Must Watch
by Volkan Kacar via WhatCulture.com (BSL fan-gifs courtesy tumblr) 5. A Bittersweet Life
tumblr_bsl1.gif

A Bittersweet Life was one of the first Korean films I ever watched. Since then I have somewhat become a fanatic of Korean cinema. Bittersweet life is a classic gangster film with crime, action and drama. However Bittersweet stands out from your typical gangster genre. It is the cinematography that creates such a beautiful atmosphere and it is a brilliant example of a gangster noir film.
A high ranking mob enforcer Kim Sun-woo (Lee Byung-hun) works for a malicious crime boss Kang (Kim Yeong-cheol). His loyalty is unquestionable and every order that is given to Sun-Woo he follows without any hesitation. For years Sun-Woo has been Kang’s loyalist which is why one day Kang gave Sun-Woo the unusual order to follow his girlfriend and attend to her needs. His real reason is that he is suspicious of her faithfulness. Being her personal chauffeur and eating lunch it all seems fine.  Spending more time with her Sun-woo begins to fall in love with his bosses girlfriend. However he discovers that his bosses’ suspicions are right and she has been unfaithful. Now Sun-Woo’s morals are tested, does he inform his boss or does he let them go?
tumblr_bsl2.gif

A Bittersweet Life starts off as a story of an enforcer with a conscience that has been betrayed by his own mob boss that leads to a rampage of revenge. It is undoubtedly a film that will stay in my mind forever. The choreography is beautifully brutal and captivating. The entire atmosphere is a brilliant visual combination of Paco Rabanne film noir style with Quentin Tarantino violence. The plot is a mixture of vengeance and a tragic tale of an enforcer who falls in love. Since its release from 2005 A Bittersweet Life still holds a 100% on rotten tomatoes and in 2009 Empire magazine named A Bittersweet Life third in a poll of the “20 Greatest Gangster Movies You’ve Never Seen”. With its striking choreography and captivating narrative it is absolutely a film you should sit back and watch.

June 13, 2013
5 South Korean Films You Must Watch
by Volkan Kacar via WhatCulture.com (ISTD capture & gif from tumblr)
4. I Saw The Devil
tumblr_istd1.gif

I am not someone that gets so freaked out by murderers and killers but Kim Ji-woon’s I Saw The Devil is definitely a thriller that pushes the genre to its limit. The murders and beatings we witness are so graphic and gut-wrenching it made me question is this actually a horror? And this is what makes the film another the South Korean movie you must watch. Its mesmerising brutal vengeance goes far beyond thriller.  I Saw The Devil set the thriller genre to an all new high with the hand to hand combat and violence that can only be described as visceral vengeful torture.
Kyung-chul (Min-sik Choi) helps a pregnant woman with a flat tire with his good grace. However his attentions are far more than just being a gentleman and he viciously kills her. However the pregnant woman’s husband is a highly skilled government agent and now is on a relentless mission to hunt down the serial killer. The once feared killer is now the victim to constant and savage beatings from the monster he created. How far will Kim Soo-hyeon go to avenge his wife and unborn baby?
tumblr_istd2.jpg

What makes I Saw The Devil such a compelling film to watch is the brutal truth of revenge.  A man who dedicated his life to obey the law and protect the innocent is now driven on a quest of vengeance. The innocence he protected is now gone and as the vicious beatings become more horrific we begin to question Kim Soo-hyeon ruthless pursuit of revenge. Has this deranged quest of revenge blinded Soo-hyeon between good and evil?