Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

^ I was actually hoping BH would trim his hairstyle a bit more but maybe he's waiting for IRIS to start before appearing with a different image.. sort of. But it's so good to see him at the awards tonight.. he's definitely our most sporting Nom! :wub:

Wonder what happened to Dir. Kim.. he was the best choice to win and he did. Seems incomplete GBW without him. :unsure:

Anyone has the clip for the Blue Dragon? Preferably non-CB.. can't wait to watch the ceremony like everyone else.

zashi-hunnie.. doesn't KBS World has a repeat show.. sometime.. later?

At second look..

Even without the Best Actor/Best Movie award.. GBW still tops the list, winning the most out of the nominated categories plus Best Director award (no less!) and 2 major technical awards of Best Cinematography and Best Art Direction respectively.

Not to mention the BESTSELLING MOVIE of 2008 award.. meaning that, after all things considered.. GBW did reasonably well at the Blue Dragon, indeed. *clapclap*

WELL DONE & CONGRATULATIONS to the dream team & production. thumbup.gif

November 20, 2008

Kim Yoon Seok and Son Ye Jin Crowned Best Actor and Best Actress

After a red carpet event that saw some of the biggest Korean stars attending, the results of the 29th Blue Dragon Awards are finally out. Kim Yoon Seok grabbed the Best Actor Award based on his movie “The Chaser” while Son Ye Jin took the Best Actress Award for her movie “My Wife Got Married” which was breaking box office records just a while ago. The Best Movie goes to “Forever the Moment“, a movie on the South Korean women’s Handball team played by Moon So Ri and Kim Jung Eun. Congratulations to all winners. View the complete list below.

Winning List

Best Movie: Forever the Moment

Best Director: Kim Ji Woon (The Good, The Bad and The Weird)

Best Leading Actor: Kim Yoon Seok (The Chaser)

Best Leading Actress: Son Ye Jin (My Wife Got Married)

Best Supporting Actor: Park Hee Soon (Seven Days)

Best Supporting Actress: Kim Ji Young (Forever the Moment)

Best Newcomer Actor: So Ji Sub, Kang Ji Hwan (Movie is Movie)

Best Newcomer Actress: Han Ye Seul (Miss Gold Digger)

Best Newcomer Director: Lee Kyung Mi (Miss Carrot)

Best Script: Lee Kyung Mi (Miss Carrot)

Best Cinematography: Lee Moo Gae (The Good, The Bad and The Weird)

Best Music: Bang Joon Seok (Go Go 70)

Best Art Direction: Jo Hwa Sung (The Good, The Bad and The Weird)

Best Technical Production: In Site Visual (Modern Boy)

Best Lighting: Kang Dae Hee (Modern Boy)

Best Short Film: Choi Jung Ryul (Nagging)

Top Box Office: The Good, The Bad and The Weird

Popularity Awards

Most Popular Actors: Sol Kyung Gu, Jung Woo Sung

Most Popular Actresses: Kim Ha Neul, Son Ye Jin

Blue Dragon Honorary Popularity Award: Late Choi Jin Shil

Best Onscreen Couple: Son Ye Jin and Kim Joo Hyuk (My Wife Got Married)

Source: Hanfever.com

Guest valley girl

SGK , SKH, and LBH should share awards with another this year hahahha...!!

2008112100114_1.jpg

2008112100114_0.jpg

three noms are the Hottest in this awards hehehe

cred labelled

November 21, 2008

Blue Dragon Award Goes to Sports Drama

The 2008 Blue Dragon Awards chose a sports drama about the silver medal-winning Korean women handball Olympic team as the best movie of the year. In the award ceremony at the KBS Hall in Yeouido, Seoul, on Thursday, the award for the best film went to "Forever the Moment" directed by Yim Soon-rye. The movie is based on the true story of the women's Olympic team which lost to Denmark in the finals of the 2004 Athens Olympics on penalty shots.

The ceremony, the 29th, was presented by actor Jung Joon-ho and actress Kim Hye-soo.

The award for the best actor went to Kim Yun-seok, who plays a dirty detective who becomes a pimp in "The Chaser." So Ye-jin won the award for the best actress for her role in "My Wife Got Married." Kim Jee-woon won best director for "The Good, the Bad, the Weird." The movie won three other awards, in cinematography and art direction, and for the movie that drew the biggest audience with 6.68 million.

The proceedings turned solemn when Choi Jin-sil was named as the recipient of honorary popular star award. It was 50 days since Choi died by her own hand. Actor Ahn Sung-ki paid tribute to her, saying "The films that she left us will be remembered in our hearts forever."

Credits: englishnews@chosun.com

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0811210014.html

Me too... you read my mind. They look stunning together - will keep searching.

Hi ccbabe! Welcome to EverythingLBH, so good to see you here. :D

It was really a pleasant surprise, isn't it.. seeing BH & SYA presenting together. The last time they were on the same stage (that I can remember) was at the SBS 2003 Award. They really look good side-by-side, even from that just one capture. :blush:

Hope to see the actual clip and more pics.. obviously! :rolleyes:

----------------------

November 21, 2008

200811211051212941.jpg

Video Streaming or Download News-clip

Source: news.empas.com

200811211050563053.jpg

Video Streaming or Download News-clip

Source: news.empas.com

Thanks to kdramafanusa for the highlight at the News & Blue Dragon threads :)

Posted: Thurs., Nov. 20, 2008, 6:46pm PT

'The Weird' tops Blue Dragon Awards

Korean western wins four prizes at film event

By HAN SUNHEE

x53.jpg

SEOUL -- "The Good, the Bad, the Weird" won four prizes at the 29th Blue Dragon Film Awards ceremony in Seoul on Thursday, the kudosfest which kicks off South Korea's awards season.

The Korean western set in 1930s Manchuria won best director for Kim Ji-woon plus the cinematography and art direction laurels. It also scooped the Maximum Audience Award for the year's best box office performance with a cume of $44.2 million.

Helmer Lim Soon-rye's "Forever the Moment" won for best picture and also earned supporting actress laurels for Kim Ji-young.

Kim Yoon-suk picked up the actor honor for "The Chaser" while "My Wife Got Married" star Son Ye-jin nabbed the best actress award. Supporting actor went to Park Hee-soon for "Seven Days."

The male leads in Kim Ki-duk-scripted thriller "Rough Cut," So Ji-sub and Kang Ji-whan, shared the best new actor honor. Best new actress award went to Han Ye-seul for "Miss Gold Digger."

Lee Gyeong-mi won the new director award for "Crush and Blush," a prize which helmer Na Hong-jin ("The Chaser") had been widely tapped to win. Lee also received best screenplay award.

There was a pensive note to the festivities, however, as organizers presented an honorary popular star award to the late Choi Jin-sil, the Korean actress who committed suicide last month.

Choi held the record for wins in the category, nabbing the most popular female star award every year from 1990 to 1995, and again in 1997 and 1998. Choi made her screen debut in 1990 with "Nambugun."

Source: VARIETY

Filmmakers Honored at the 29th Blue Dragon Awards

The 29th Blue Dragon Awards was held Thursday night to honor the year's top films and filmmakers.

This year's Blue Dragon Awards' best film honor went to "Forever the Moment," a moving film based on a true story about how the Korean women's handball team overcame the odds to win the silver medal at the 2004 Athens Olympics. The film's co-star Kim Ji-young also won the best supporting actress award. Its producer, Shim Jae-myung, said that he wanted to make an inspirational film about people outside the spotlight.

Kim Yun-seok of the year's top thriller "The Chaser" was honored with the best leading actor award and Son Ye-jin of the romantic comedy "My Wife Got Married" was named the best leading actress. This year's top grossing film "The Good, the Bad, the Weird" directed by Kim Ji-woon garnered four awards - best director, cinematography, art direction, and the movie attracting the most moviegoers. Comedy "Crush and Blush" directed by newcomer Lee Kyung-mi went away with the best new director and best screenplay awards.

There was a touching moment when the late actress Choi Jin-sil was commemorated and given an honorary popularity award. Actor Ahn Sung-ki, who co-starred with her in “North Korean Partisan in South Korea,” commented that she had always been a cheerful mom and actress and that her works will forever be remembered in people’s hearts.

Source: KBS World

Guest kimchibabe

was interrupted last night by soompi maintenance and this morning i had no internet connection...gggrrrrr. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

i think its only natural if BH would feel a bit sad having lost as Best Actor but it was a very stiff competition that he went thru.( i really hoped for a double award). oh well, different criteria for different award giving bodies.

anyway, i love all the pics taken...his smile simply melts my heart and his eyes, so deep...so soulful. i must say that BH was in his best element last night. he was simply picture perfect in a tux!

like Rubie said there is Baeksang to look forward to...until then.... the heart goes on for BH. :blush: :blush: