Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Thanks to the cool highlight at PlanetBH0712

watch these 2 super cool fan-clips before they're (might be) deleted later.. plus Itsuka & SKY PerfecTV captures!

rbhcool.gif

LEE-BYUNG-HUN [ いつか] by Chiyo (uploaded by Isyutaru116)

youtube2.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcCugjDPyBI

ITSUKA Rock Version (uploaded by LeeKeiX)

youtube2.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UanpQ07wtfY

chiyo1.jpg

chiyo3.jpg

chiyo4.jpg

chiyo17.jpg

Thanks Hyc for the translation. Yeah, when I visited Korea this summer, my friend told me they did not often hug the people outside family. Because I tried to hug her father, after he hugged my friend, and it seemed really weird (I did not succeed though). I can understand LBH's feelings when being kissed. Yeah, it's not that much special (like in Korea), in fact, they kiss even 4 times in France, while in US only once.

Guest ellabel

Thanks to ylin for the translation. :lol:

Related article in Chinese

source: sina.com

Briefly translated by cylin

Lee Byung Hun joking said “Hollywood does not have human sympathy”

http://i3.sinaimg.cn/ent/x/2008-10-06/8c87...ca531c9f823.jpg

Lee Byung Hun who has worked in Hollywood jokingly said: "Hollywood does not have any human sympathy."

article from: Mydaily

Hahaha!!! Now, at least, when i get to see BH and I hug and kiss him, he will no longer assume that I'm courting him but merely greeting him. Tho it's true that I like him. :P:lol:

I sometimes find it amusing when a mere slight peck on the cheek or forehead or a quick kiss in the mouth will already make a man and a woman in a K-drama exclusively dating and commited, as in bf-gf. :rolleyes: Also, up to now, i cant believe that there are still pre-arranged marriages and that the children have to blindly follow and cant say "no". Plus, it's so difficult to get out of an engagement.... that they'd rather marry and stay miseable for the rest of their lives than go against the parents' wishes or be ridiculed by society. :wacko: But, i guess, that's they're culture. Mianeh....it's just me so no snowballs please. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::vicx:

Thanks Ching and ylin for the translated news.

October 6, 2008

Korean Films Sold Overseas

e081006_01.jpg

Acclaimed Korean films, "Secret Sunshine" and "The Good, the Bad, the Weird," have been sold to European buyers at the Pusan International Film Festival’s Asian Film Market. This year’s Asian Film Market attended by 132 film companies from 28 countries was marked by the number of Korean films exported to the European market. Director Lee Chang-dong’s award-winning “Secret Sunshine” was sold to Rapid Eye of Germany and Korean western “The Good, the Bad, and the Weird” to Sweden’s Nonstop Entertainment and Hong Kong film distributor Celestial Pictures.

Other Korean films purchased by foreign film companies include Director Lee Jun-ik’s “Radio Star” to Fine Films of Japan, director Kwon Chil-in’s “I Like It Hot” and this summer’s blockbuster “Project 1448.”

The latest Asian Film Market held a seminar of the Asian Film Fund Forum participated by world-leading film funds to share information on the status and know-how of Asian film funds. Also young Korean film producers introduced various projects to revive the sluggish Korean film industry and held the Korean Producers in Focus Project Pitch to find investors.

Source: KBS WOrld

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/entertainme...ail.htm?No=8338

Guest kimchibabe

source: movie.daum-img.net

http://movie.daum-img.net/movie/movie-phot...fest_360775.jpg

Thanks to ylin for the highlight at bhjwlove.com

sing me a love song,

straight from your heart

empty your feelings

bring tears that never stop

let your voice caress me

let it be your warm embrace

let the melody linger forever

sing ,my love, sing from the heart!

October 9, 2008

Curtain falls on Pusan film fest

The 13th Pusan International Film Festival, which featured 315 films from 60 countries, will wrap up its nine-day run today in the southeastern port city of Busan with the closing film "I Am Happy," directed by Korean filmmaker Yoon Jong-chan.

Amid expectations about the festival's growing influence as a leading venue for premiering Asian films, PIFF broadened its scope by selecting a Kazakh film, "The Gift to Stalin," and screened a record number of world and international premieres, totaling 133.

However, there were some concerns about whether the festival would attract as much publicity as it wanted, due to the shocking suicide of Choi Jin-sil, one of Korea's most iconic actresses, last Thursday, PIFF's the opening day.

Choi Jin-sil, 40, was found dead by her mother early Thursday morning, after apparently committing suicide due to rumors connecting her with the death of another entertainer.

A host of Korean actors who planned to participate in the festival canceled their appearances in Busan and rushed back to Seoul.

The festival suffered a couple of technical problems last week. At the opening ceremony, some of the microphones and speakers did not work, interrupting the operations, and on Saturday a power generator at an outdoor theater broke down, prompting complaints from moviegoers.

But the festival managed to regain normal operations over the weekend, envoking a festive mood. One of the positive developments came from the Asian Film Market, the festival's ambitious film marketplace that has gone through an extensive overhaul this year.

Thanks to an aggressive promotion and operations upgrade, 12 Korean movies were sold at the Asian Film Market. "Secret Sunshine," which gave its heroine Jeon Do-yeon the best actress award at last year's Cannes Film Festival, and "The Good, The Bad, The Weird," a Korean blockbuster featuring top-notch actors, were among the films sold to European and Asian countries.

Another positive result from Busan was that Kim Dong-ho, who has been serving as the chief organizer of PIFF for the past 13 years, received the Nielsen Impact Award from the New York-based Nielsen Company. The Hollywood Reporter, the media conglomerate's film industry newspaper, presented the award.

"We are pleased to present this award to Kim Dong-ho for the impact he has personally made in bringing Korean films to the world, and, in doing so, bridging cultures and promoting tolerance and understanding," said Eric Mika, publisher of the Hollywood Reporter.

As part of efforts to bolster Busan's role as a hub of films in connection with PIFF, the city began the construction for a film center, "Dureraum," which means "together" in Korean, a project that is estimated to cost 162.4 billion won ($133 million). The center, designed by Austrian architect Coop Himmel, will sport six theaters, a museum, exhibition halls and other auxiliary facilities in order to serve as a key venue to educate young filmmakers attending PIFF as well as the Asian Film Academy, which is held as part of the festival.

Some of Asia's most celebrated stars, including many leading Korean actors, joined the film festival. The guest list includes top Japanese actress Juri Ueno, who is widely popular both in Korea and Japan for her comic role in the Japanese television drama "Nodame Cantabile," and Li Xiaolu, one of the four little empresses of China.

Many directors and programmers from the world's major film festivals, including Cannes festival director Thierry Fremaux and Sundance festival director Geoffrey Gilmore also dropped by at the festival.

Leading Korean actors Cho Jae-hyun and Ye Ji-won will host the closing ceremony to be held at the Yachting Center at 7 p.m. today. About 5,000 patrons are expected to join the closing show where "I Am Happy," starring Hyun Bin and Lee Bo-yeong, will be screened, and the winner of the New Currents, the festival's sole competition section, will be announced.

By Yang Sung-jin (insight@heraldm.com)

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/

sing me a love song,

straight from your heart

empty your feelings

bring tears that never stop

let your voice caress me

let it be your warm embrace

let the melody linger forever

sing ,my love, sing from the heart!

I wonder the GBW stage greeting photos posted by Ching was from which screening? Seems that there's only one featured stage-greeting out of the 3 GBW screenings at PIFF. The PIFF pics are not the same.. the glittering t-shirt pics was before BH had shaved his moustache :unsure: .. in an event right after he arrived in Pusan, maybe?

Anyone managed to be at the GBW-PIFF screening and meeting Byunghun-ssi? :blush:

Thanks Hyc for the translation. Yeah, when I visited Korea this summer, my friend told me they did not often hug the people outside family. Because I tried to hug her father, after he hugged my friend, and it seemed really weird (I did not succeed though). I can understand LBH's feelings when being kissed. Yeah, it's not that much special (like in Korea), in fact, they kiss even 4 times in France, while in US only once.

Hahaha!!! Now, at least, when i get to see BH and I hug and kiss him, he will no longer assume that I'm courting him but merely greeting him. Tho it's true that I like him. :P:lol:

I sometimes find it amusing when a mere slight peck on the cheek or forehead or a quick kiss in the mouth will already make a man and a woman in a K-drama exclusively dating and commited, as in bf-gf. :rolleyes: Also, up to now, i cant believe that there are still pre-arranged marriages and that the children have to blindly follow and cant say "no". Plus, it's so difficult to get out of an engagement.... that they'd rather marry and stay miseable for the rest of their lives than go against the parents' wishes or be ridiculed by society. :wacko: But, i guess, that's they're culture. Mianeh....it's just me so no snowballs please. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::vicx:

Thanks Ching and ylin for the translated news.

Now, this sounds interesting. I remember certain incident in 2006. em37.gif

Run to hide… em63.gif

They must be very very good friends to hug each other on the stage. :P:lol::lol:

lbh11.jpg

I think.. :sweatingbullets: .. despite his bold reputation as well as an open-minded outlook career-wise, with friends in the States.. colleagues and such, BH is still very much a traditional Korean.. never too all-out in thinking that he appears more western than others. It's also upbringing.. family.. culture effect that shapes the way he (and others) perceived some things.

When BH met actress-supermodel Cindy Crawford for the first time during the OMEGA event 4 years ago.. they were, Ms. Crawford was already linking arms for the photoshoot with the media. And during the ceremony he was officially appointed the Omega rep, she would not miss giving BH a peck on each cheek whenever there were handshakes between them. This isn't something we see very often in Korean celebrities' photoshoot or stage-greeting or press conferences even when some of them were already couples.

From observation and fans account.. BH doesn't seem to mind if fans touched his hands, arms or his back.. remember the Singapore trip back in 2005? He also wouldn't pull away if fans wanted to hug him (like on the stage) but he certainly wouldn't initiate anything if it wasn't necessary. After all.. it's not everyday that fans managed to see him upclose.. although he'd be most happy with a good handshake with everyone.

Maybe I'm wrong and blurr.. familiar hugs are probably more acceptable now to show such closeness between friends as with the family circle.. particularly between parents and children. But kisses.. be it on cheeks, forehead and especially on the lips.. for some.. are definitely reserved for a special someone. BH is most likely that type of person.. from captures offscreen.. he only kissed one person publicly.. once.

Now, this sounds interesting. I remember certain incident in 2006. em37.gif

Run to hide… em63.gif

They must be very very good friends to hug each other on the stage. :P:lol::lol:

Indeed.. they are especially good friends to hug due to their repeated collaboration and constant support to one another. It shows that BH and CJW are mature enough to display their years of friendship for fans to see.

Yet.. it's probably not close enough to hold hands or a touch/small kiss on the face.. the hug just ended there & then. :sweatingbullets:

ps: BH himself said in various interviews that as the person working, he's different from the person he is off-screen. Even with all the passionate kissing/love-scenes in dramas or movies according to the characters he's playing.. off-screen he is Lee Byung Hun.. a friend who met him a couple of times.. mentioned he's simply quite shy. :blush:

Thanks to the special highlight by melusine at the News thread, looks like the first local award nominations for our GBW. :blush:

17th Buil Film Awards Nominations

builfilm0910.jpg

http://builfilm.busanilbo.com/

Best Picture

Sunny

Night and Day

The Chaser

Best Director

Kim Hyun-Seok (Scout)

Na Hong-Jin (The Chaser)

Hur Jin-Ho (Happiness))

Hong Sang-Soo (Night and Day)

Best Actor

Kim Young-Ho (Night and Day)

Kim Yoon-Seok (The Chaser)

Jung Woo-Sung (The Good, The Bad, The Weird)

Han Suk-Gyu (Eye for an Eye)

Ha Jung-Woo (The Chaser / The Moonlight in Seoul)

Best Actress

Kim Hae-Sook (Viva! Love)

Soo Ae (Sunny)

Im Soo-Jung (Happiness)

Best Supporting Actor

Gi Ju-Bong (Viva! Love)

Kim Min-Joon (A Love)

Park Hee-Soon (Seven Days)

Song Young-Chang (The Good, The Bad, The Weird / M)

Jung Jae-Young (Going by the Book)

Best Supporting Actress

Gong Hyo-Jin (M)

Kim Ji-Young (Forever the Moment)

Kim Hae-Sook (Open City)

Seo Young-Hee (Shadows in the Palace)

Best New Actor

Shin Myung-Chul (Crossing)

Im Ji-Gyu (Milky Way Liberation Front / Who's That Knocking At My Door?)

Jang Geun-Seok (The Happy Life)

Best New Actress

Nam Gyu-Ri (Death Bell)

Ahn So-Hee (Hellcats)

Yoo Yeon-Mi (With a Girl of Black Soil)

Lee Ha-Na (Gourmet)

Best New Director

Kim Mi-Jung (Shadows in the Palace)

Na Hong-Jin (The Chaser)

Yang Hae-Hoon (Who's That Knocking At My Door?)

Oh Jeom-Gyun (Viva! Love)

Yoon Seung-Ho (Milky Way Liberation Front)

Best Screenplay

Kim Hyun-Seok (Scout)

Na Hyun (Forever the Moment)

Na Hong-Jin (The Chaser)

Hong Sang-Soo (Night and Day)

Best Cinematography

Kim Hyung-Goo (Happiness)

Lee Mo-Gae (The Good, The Bad, The Weird)

Lee Sung-Je (The Chaser)

Hong Kyung-Pyo (Eye for an Eye)

Best Editing

Kim Sun-Min (The Chaser / Who's That Knocking At My Door? / Hellcats)

Nam Na-Young (The Good, The Bad, The Weird / Dachimawa Lee)

Shin Min-Kyung (Guard Post 506 / Open City / Seven Days)

Best Lighting

Park Se-Moon (Shadows in the Palace / Sunny)

Park Soon-Hong (Death Bell)

Yoon Dong-Woo (Guard Post 506)

Lee Chul-Oh (The Chaser)

Choi Chul-Soo (M)

Technical Award

Kim Ji-Woon (Director - The Good, The Bad, The Weird)

Lee Joon-Ik (Director - Sunny)

Won Shin-Yeon (Director - Seven Days)

Gong Su-Chang (Director - Guard Post 506)

Best Music

Dalparan (The Good, The Bad, The Weird)

Bang Jun-Seok (Sunny / Eye for an Eye)

Lee Byung-Hoon (Sunny / The Happy Life)

Jang Young-Gyu (The Good, The Bad, The Weird)

Best Art Direction

Yoo Joo-Ho (M)

Yoon Sang-Yoon (M)

Jo Hwa-Sung (The Good, The Bad, The Weird)

부일독자심사단상

Night and Day

The Chaser

Sunny

The Good, The Bad, The Weird

Forever the Moment

Special Jury Prize

Ji Joong-Hyun (The Good, The Bad, The Weird)

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9658/builfilmm1xv9.jpg

Awards Ceremony to be held on October 9, 2008, 7:00 p.m. at the Grand Ballroom of Haeundae Grand Hotel, Busan.

Source: Star News

---

October 9, 2008

Thanks to Huangsy at the GBW thread, also Result updates & photos by melusine at the News thread

GBW winning 3 out of 8 nominations, Congrats NomNomNom!

제17회 부일영화상 수상작 및 수상자> 17th Buil Film Awards Winning Works and Artistes

▲ 촬영상 - ‘놈놈놈’ 이모개 Cinematography 'GBW' Lee Mo Gae

▲ 기술상 - ‘놈놈놈’ 정도안 Special Effects 'GBW' Jung Do Ahn

▲ 미술상 - ‘놈놈놈’ 조갑성 Artistic 'GBW' Jo Kap Sung

▲ 심사위원특별상 - ‘놈놈놈’ 지중현 감독 ..Special Award 'GBW' director Ji Joong Hyun

October 9, 2008

News about BH's debut as a singer in Japan. Can anyone actually download/view the SBS VOD? :unsure: Please refer link.. posted image is static. :sweatingbullets:

이병헌, '가수로 데뷔?' 일본에서 싱글앨범 발표

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/Hun...ka/news0910.jpg

Streaming Link?? http://news.sbs.co.kr/section_news/news_re..._id=N1000483078Source: news.sbs.co.kr

Found the clip to download ^^

이병헌, '가수로 데뷔?' 일본에서 싱글앨범 발표

Lee Byung Hun: Makes a singing debut with Japanese single album announcement

200294010.jpg

z_MMEDIA5.gifhttp://nv.empas.com/sv/2008/10/09/200810091249020.asf

Source: news.empas.com

Thanks to the cool highlight at PlanetBH0712

watch these 2 super cool fan-clips before they're (might be) deleted later.. plus Itsuka & SKY PerfecTV captures!

rbhcool.gif

LEE-BYUNG-HUN [ いつか] by Chiyo (uploaded by Isyutaru116)

youtube2.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcCugjDPyBI

ITSUKA Rock Version (uploaded by LeeKeiX)

youtube2.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UanpQ07wtfY

Files uploaded to sendspace.com

Itsuka

http://www.sendspace.com/file/snc65o

LEE-BYUNG-HUN [ いつか]

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q75vc5

Guest kimchibabe

^

whoa! i thought SYJ was the lover. now who's this actress? what's the news about?

Rubie sisi'm excited matchmaking..hehe :rolleyes::rolleyes:

October 10, 2008

Kim Tae Hee Has Been Cast in ‘IRIS’

2008031708523133891_1.jpg

Actress Kim Tae Hee has been cast in the upcoming drama “IRIS” and will be collaborating with Lee Byung Hun. Kim Tae Hee will play as the partner of Lee Byung Hun in this spy action drama. The production company of “IRIS“, Taewon Entertainment, disclosed this information today, 10th of October.

This, if realized, will be Kim Tae Hee return work since her last drama “Love Story in Harvard” back in 2004.

Kim Tae Hee will play as an agent of a National Intelligence Agency (NSS) with an indescribable sensitive mind and will be thwarting terrorist activities with her colleague Lee Byung Hun in several action scenes.

200810101445121.jpg

Source: maxmovie.com

She also appears to be in a love triangle with Lee Byung Hun and another colleague, Jin Sa Woo, which the cast has not been finalized.

Seriously I don’t know if Kim Tae Hee has replaced Son Ye Jin or both of them are in this drama together since it will be a love triangle. But I will be utterly disappointed if its the former as I really hope for Son Ye Jin to act in this drama. Awaiting further confirmation though.

Source: AsiaEconomy via www.hanfever.com

Maybe I'm wrong and blurr.. familiar hugs are probably more acceptable now to show such closeness between friends as with the family circle.. particularly between parents and children.

Let me clear this unnie. I feel hugs between woman-woman, man-man is okie among friends or close people. My friend's father hugged my husband, my husband also hugged his old classmate. Hugs are ok among family too, sister-brother, daughter- father, etc. However, between woman- man not in family (even the man is of my father's age), it's unusual in Korea. Or maybe the younger generation will be different. My husband's classmate did not hug me though, but my friend (a girl) hugged my husband (she's is korean but she's studying in US for several years, so it's understandable, as she's very American like (she also spent childhood abroad).

Yes, kiss is a different thing. As we are saying about kiss in the article, surely it would surprise a korean artist if receiving it unexpectedly. I feel surprised too when receiving kiss from an American , who is not european original. Well, the European kiss more (on the cheek), that's what I see. 4 times is a lot. :-)

AND I am surprised that both Kim Tae Hee and Son Ye Jin join IRIS. Another high profile drama.