Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

June 26, 2023 

뉴스1

"Concrete Utopia" Lee Byung-hun's New Face...Director Um Taehwa said, "Oh, this is a real movie."

Source: Here 

20230626-191029.jpg

In the movie "Concrete Utopia," Lee Byung-hun presents a new face that has never been seen before as a representative of the residents of the Imperial palace apartment.

"Concrete Utopia," which will be released on August 9, is a disaster movie about Seoul, which was devastated by a major earthquake, and the only remaining Imperial palace apartment that begins with survivors gathering.

Lee Byung-hun, who has shown irreplaceable presence in various works such as the movie "Emergency Declaration," "The Fortress," "ASHFALL," and the dramas "Mr. Sunshine" and "Our Blues," will present an unforgettable character as the resident representative "Yeongtak" in "Concrete Utopia."

Young-tak, who was elected as the new resident representative of the imperial palace apartment, is a person who wins strong trust from everyone for his strong spirit of sacrifice and strong charisma that does not mind any danger to protect the apartment from outsiders. Lee Byung-hun, who plays a character that coexists with the simplicity of a friendly neighbor and the sharpness of unknown inside, expressed Young-tak's change in the apartment with a dense emotional line after careful character research. In particular, Lee Byung-hun, who breathed life into the character by adding detailed settings such as messy hair due to his poor trimming, is expected to show a perfect dramatic transformation even with his visuals.

Director Eom Tae-hwa said, "I thought, 'Oh, this is a real movie' when I saw actor Lee Byung-hun expressing the character's story with his facial expression for a moment.Lee Byung-hun, who overwhelmed the audience and showed perfect immersion, will present an unprecedented character through "Concrete Utopia," giving the audience a sense of immersion that they cannot take their eyes off.

"Concrete Utopia," a new adaptation based on the second part "Cheerful Neighbors" of Kim Soo-nung's popular webtoon "Cheerful Bullying," which has been well-received since its serialization in 2014, and will be released in theaters on August 9.

• Like 5

June 27, 2023 

ACTOR JUNG WOO EXPRESSED HIS GRATITUDE TO LEE BYUNG HUN 

0001609488_001_20230627140301305.png?type=w430

Actor Jung-woo expressed his gratitude to Lee Byung-hun for paying the full cost of the BH Entertainment workshop. 

SBS Power FM's "Choi Hwa-jung's Power Time", which aired on the 27th, featured Jung Woo and Bae Hyun-sung, the main characters of JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama "Miracle Brothers."

On this day, Jungwoo recalled his visit to the BH Entertainment workshop in May. Earlier, Lee Byung-hun drew attention by paying the full cost of the workshop for 62 people, including 20 actors and 42 executives and employees, including CEO Son Seok-woo.

Jung-woo said, "Actually, I'm not used to group activities because I couldn't go to MT properly even when I was in college. Actors also thought a lot about whether to go or not because it was awkward, but I think it was a good thing to go," he said. "In fact, you don't do it just because you have a heart to prepare for such a meeting."

He said, "I am grateful to Byung-hun Sunbaenim, because it has remained a good memory not only for me but also for the actors. I feel like I have dozens of reliable colleagues and family members," he thanked Lee Byung-hun. 

Then, who was the mood maker in the workshop?

Jung-woo said, "Most of them enjoyed it without paying attention to other people's eyes," but added, " Hee-joon hyung was full of energy. Go Soo hyung also said hello on the way here and there, and I have never talked to him closely, but I knew why his nickname "Govid" (Go Soo's nickname given after Michaelangelo's famous sculpture 'David', for his uniquely sculptural appearance) was born after this workshop. Park Bo-young was lovely and her singing skills were very outstanding."

He also recalled, "When Lee Byung-hun Sunbaenim sang, I went out for a while and came in and listened to the second half, but his voice was better than most singers and his skills were outstanding."

[From another article, Actor Jung woo mentioned that LBH sang Frank Sinatra's "My Way." ] :wub:
  • Like 5

June 28, 2023 

WE FINALLY HAVE A LAST NAME OF THIS NEW MEMBER OF THE INCREDIBLES. :lol:

HIS NAME IS KIM YEONG TAK, FROM ROOM NO. 902 OF THE IMPERIAL PALACE APARTMENT. 

The way Lotte Ent. Is having a blast trolling LBH's charcoaled face for promotion lol. But like actress Kim Sun Young said, he looks handsome even with a broken/messed up face like that. Facts!! :w00t:

Also, now that I noticed, the character in the webtoon has the same surname too. They'd go around calling him, "Kim-ssi".

And looks like they'll release a more detailed preview or teaser soon. Looking forward to it.

april-2023-06-28-01-40-56-535.jpg

Spoiler

Guys, the eng subs are half done for the press con in channel Tong Tong in YouTube. They might be done soon. They are doing a God's work with subbing all them long videos. 

Also, here's the official synopsis of CU. 

Screenshot-20230628-021331-Papago.jpg

• Like 5

June 28, 2023 

Behind the scenes pics of LBH released by BH Entertainment from the press conference.  :love:

"WITH LEE BYUNG-HUN, HIS PRESENCE IS CONCRETE, AND HIS ACTING IS A UTOPIA" 

(Well said, BH!) :heart:

0N8A8686.jpg

0N8A1045.jpg

Spoiler

0N8A0675.jpg

Link: Here 

• Like 4

June 28, 2023.. 

NETFLIX REVEALS SCRIPT READING FOR SQUID GAME 2 ALONG WITH NEW CAST LINEUP.

:heart2beat:

Bigbang TTOP joining his besties LBH and LJJ. I got goosebumps. So many actors I love, and another BH member Lee Jin Wook after Park Sung Hoon. Wow!!! Speechless! 

Screenshot-20230628-203310-Instagram.jpg

20230628-201637.jpg

Spoiler

20230628-201620.jpg

Spoiler

2023063001002291700291712-20230629091805

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

*** TOP is not only a singer, he has proven himself in acting, too. As long as he can do the job I see nothing wrong with it. Why so many haters............. This is truly awful. I guess he was auditioned prior to acceptance. I'm just so sad for him. I always wanted him to comeback as an actor.   :coolshades:

Lee Byung Hun's agency also responds to rumors that he 'pulled strings' to bring T.O.P on board for 'Squid Game 2'

1688091255-20230629-leebyunghun.jpg

Actor Lee Byung Hun's BH Entertainment has also spoken up regarding the rumors that certain figures in high positions "pulled strings" to bring former Big Bang member T.O.P (Choi Seung Hyun) on board for Netflix's 'Squid Game' season 2. 

Lee Byung Hun and T.O.P are known to be close acquaintances. Last year, the two stars were seen dining out with the Japanese billionaire Maezawa Yusaku, who is sponsoring a civilian mission to the moon with T.O.P as one of the spaceship's passengers. 

Furthermore, according to industry insiders, T.O.P is currently working with CEO Kang Jung Woo of Hiin Entertainment for his management in Korea. Kang Jung Woo was formerly an officer at BH Entertainment. 

Regarding the various rumors surrounding T.O.P's casting in 'Squid Game 2', BH Entertainment commented on behalf of Lee Byung Hun, "We have no comments."

Meanwhile, earlier on June 29, the rumors pointed to 'Squid Game's lead actor Lee Jung Jae as the one "pulling the strings" behind the scenes. The rumors were exacerbated when 'Dispatch' reported that T.O.P and Lee Jung Jae had enjoyed a private couples' gathering in T.O.P's home in 2014. 

However, unlike Lee Byung Hun, Lee Jung Jae's side strongly denied the rumors and stated, "Lee Jung Jae has not been in touch with T.O.P for years. He saw T.O.P in person for the first time in a very long time at the script reading for 'Squid Game 2', held on June 23. That was the day when Lee Jung Jae was informed that T.O.P was cast in the sequel." 

source : allkpop

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/06/lee-byung-huns-agency-also-responds-to-rumors-that-he-pulled-strings-to-bring-top-on-board-for-squid-game-2

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, willenette said:

*** TOP is not only a singer, he has proven himself in acting, too. As long as he can do the job I see nothing wrong with it. Why so many haters............. This is truly awful. I guess he was auditioned prior to acceptance. I'm just so sad for him. I always wanted him to comeback as an actor.  

I agree with you @willenette. My sister is a VIP and I also have been casually listening to BB for years now, and we were overjoyed with this casting news of TOP and his comeback as an actor. But ever since the news dropped, both LJJ and LBH has been dragged through the mud just because they are best of friends. It has been very frustrating past two days with their articles constantly trending in Naver. Ugh. 

The only little positivity I saw was today when Comedian Park Myung soo talked in favor of TOP and how he should be given a chance to improve himself and audience should be kind to his comeback, so he can repay it with his work. I agree with him wholeheartedly and was relieved to know many of Koreans are supporting this idea too, while of course some are cursing on him. And Yes, I also think he was auditioned just like everyone else, because the world is watching the progress of SG2, and there's no way they'd recklessly cast people who are lacking. That being said, I really really hope TOP wouldn't feel the burden of his hyungs being dragged and hope Director doesnt decide to drop him just because of the pressure.  :bawling:

• Love 1

July 1, 2023 

HAPPY LBH MONTH, FRIENDS!! :wub:

Today, we had a promotional interview of LBH with his fellow Concrete Utopia casts in KBS 2 Tv's program, "I love movie." It was shorter than I thought but full of fun. Their comfort and chemistry was very enjoyable to watch, and as LBH once mentioned in the press con, their dynamics are almost the same as characters too. 

I'm sure kind PSJ fans would eventually translate that video, but just wanted to share few funny and interesting parts that I liked and possibly understood better ;)

april-2023-07-01-01-54-39-194.jpg

Translations: 

Q: What do you think is the charm of Young tak that captivated the residents? 

LBH: Hairstyle? 

*Everyone laughing and also agreeing with him*

LBH: It was a grass-doll like hairstyle which was growing defying the law of gravity. And if it kept growing, it'd almost look like a Sun.

(LOL OF, COURSE, YOU'RE OUR MR. SUNSHINE AFTER ALL!) :lol:

april-2023-07-01-02-22-58-762.jpg

Q: (To Park Ji Hoo) Did you receive a lot of care from your seniors? 

PJH: Yes. I received a lot of care from my seniors which I am very grateful. Also, I learned a lot watching the "Acting party" of my seniors. I once asked Byung Hun sunbaenim if he gets nervous during filming. And he said he does of course, and that made me really feel at ease and connected that even a great actor like him go through it all. 

X-generation LBH: (confused) Is that English?

KSY: Looks like it! :D

(Note: The funniest part of this is, actress PJH used a trendy abbreviation when she described LBH as an actor who's extremely good as in *Someone who is d*mn good!*, and everyone started laughing. Confused LBH then turned to her and asked KSY if she's speaking English. Haha! LBH forgot that If she had, he'd be one of the few people there who could understand her better. Caption was like, "Cute sunbaenim of MZ generation Hoobae" :lol:

The struggle of the generational gap, I can relate to him so much! :D

Thanks to PSJ's fan for sharing the video of the interview in YouTube. Link: 

Spoiler

Also, LBH with the host of the show. 

Spoiler

20230701-023828.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed its brand reputation rankings for all stars during the month of June! The rankings were determined through an analysis of various stars’ media coverage, consumer participation, interaction, and community awareness indexes, using big data collected from May 30 to June 30.   :blush:

Check out the top 30 for June below!

1. BTS
  2. Lim Young Woong
  3. PSY
  4. Son Heung Min
  5. Kang Daniel
  6. aespa
  7. BLACKPINK
  8. IU
  9. (G)I-DLE
  10. SEVENTEEN
  11. IVE
  12. Yoo Jae Suk
  13. Uhm Jung Hwa
  14. Ma Dong Seok
  15. Lee Chan Won
  16. Baek Jong Won
  17. NewJeans
  18. Stray Kids
  19. Park Seo Joon
  20. MONSTA X
  21. Song Joong Ki
  22. TWICE
  23. SHINee
  24. LE SSERAFIM
  25. NCT
  26. Tak Jae Hoon
  27. Lee Joon Hyuk
  28. Oh My Girl
  29. Lee Byung Hun
  30. Ryu Hyun Jin

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

source : http://www.beyondpost.co.kr/view.php?ud=202306291002405693499def050a_30

• Like 5

July 2, 2023 

Entertainment

Lee Byung-hun Proves His Range in Upcoming Movie

Lee Byung-hun shows his versatility again in the upcoming disaster movie, "Concrete Utopia," playing the leader of a group of apartment residents after an earthquake."I wanted to do this movie the moment I read the screenplay," Lee told reporters at a press junket last month. "I think it's closer to a human drama showing how people survive severe circumstances than to a disaster movie." Set to hit theaters in August, "Concrete Utopia" is expected to be one of this summer's blockbusters along with "Smuggling," starring Kim Hye-soo, and "The Moon" starring Sol Kyung-gu.It depicts the events following a massive earthquake that razes all buildings in Seoul except one apartment, which ends up attracting survivors. It has already been sold to 152 countries.

2023070100339_0.jpgThe cast of "Concrete Utopia" pose at a press event in Seoul on June 21. From left, Lee Byung-hun, Park Bo-young and Park Seo-joon /News1

Once Lee was cast in the lead, Park Seo-joon and Park Bo-young were also enthusiastic to join. Park Seo-joon, who plays a neighborhood watchman, said, "I'm a huge fan of Lee and wanted to work with him." Park Bo-young said, "There was a scene that required him to make a strange, loud noise and he did that as if he prepared about a hundred different sounds.""One moment he was joking around and as soon as the cameras rolled he looked absolutely furious. I couldn't believe how he could do that," she added. Lee said, "I may be the lead, but on the movie set I'm not the kind of person who bosses everyone around. I'm too busy concentrating on my acting and I believe my job is to put on the best performance." The apartment building is a character in its own right. The artistic team spent five months building an actual three-story block. Lee said, "When I first saw the set, I thought they actually tore down an apartment and left just the first three floors." Director Um Tae-hwa said, "Apartments are the most familiar form of housing for everyone in Korea. I was born in one. The movie is different from other disaster films because the setting is an inseparable part of Koreans' lives."

CONCRETE ACTING UTOPIA PROMOTION IN SEOUL. :cheers:

Cr. to Dir. Uhm Tae Hwa. 

Screenshot-20230702-074623-Instagram.jpg

Couldn't help but join in the fun of making LBH meme with Lotte Ent. as they start promoting Concrete Utopia. It's a bit too much but its so fitting. "YEONG TAK, DAY MODE VS NIGHT MODE." 

LBH, I am sorry. :rolleyes::P

Spoiler

april-2023-07-01-22-55-41-745.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

July 4, 2023 

CHARACTER POSTER OF LEE BYUNG HUN AS YEONG TAK FOR CONCRETE UTOPIA 

From Dir. Uhm Tae Hwa’s IG. 

"I think this apartment has been chosen." - Yeong tak 

20230704-100148.jpg

He looks like he's sulking here, hehe. Just give him his dear apartment, please. 

That "M" character hairline that he described is so distinct here. :lol:

Rest of the cast description: 

Spoiler

Also, sharing this creative and very well made compilation of mukbangs LBH did in his movies and dramas. The clips of all the 53 dishes LBH had were arranged so well, and finishing with clips of him drinking water.

I sure felt like I had a whole meal myself with him lol, but also I was super hungry afterwards. Enjoy. 

:daydream:

Screenshot-20230704-140220-You-Tube.jpg

• Like 4

July 4, 2023.

Behind the scenes stills of Lee Byung-hun, Park Seo-joon and Park Bo-young monitoring their performance from movie Concrete Utopia 

2023070601000318100028574-20230705082005

2023070601000318100028575-20230705082005

Spoiler

Translations of the clip in hidden folder: 

Initially, I felt so bad for LBH when I heard this story and also for laughing at his story, but it gets funnier the more I watch it and how elated LBH sounds while watching his costars laugh at his jokes on himself. Also, the fact that he decided to tell this anecdote after being constantly showered with praises by both PSJ and PBY is hilarious. His timing for comedy is always so on point.

And since the eng subs are still not complete, I just wanted to share the fun story here. 

To give a bit of the context, the question was from the reporter.

Q: Since the casts mentioned the reason for joining CU being LBH earlier, I am curious to know what was their reaction after actually working with him during the filming. 

KSY: My first scene was with Byung hun sunbaenim, so people at my surrounding asked me how it went. At that time, the thing I said the most was, "I don't think I really need to act.", (just reacting was enough).... it's the first time I felt such energy from the character. It was strong and intense. 

LBH: I also felt a very strong energy from Sun-young ssi. There was a scene where I get slapped in the face. (Everyone burst into laughter) it was the first time I felt such energy in my 30 years of acting, and it was stronger than getting kicked. For a moment, I thought, 'Where is this?', maybe for about 2 minutes or so, and thought, 'Ah... this is what passing out feels like..' Fortunately, after getting slapped, I stood there with a blank expression, but now that I think about it, It must have been a brief moment where my soul had left my body. At that time, I thought, wow this is no doubt an okay shot, because it felt so real. But when the Dir. came, he asked what's wrong with my face. When I told him that I got slapped well in the slapping scene, he said it would have been fine even without slapping because it was from a different angle. It was a scene where I worked hard getting slapped even when there was no need to. 

(Then host Park Kyung rim went on mentioning how we have another reason to check in for CU... to watch their slapping scene and seeing LBH's soul leaving his body. )

LBH: If you watch in detail, you could probably see my pupils being dilated in that scene.

I  swear this man... :lol: I have to admit this press con video has been my favorite one from recent. Not just because LBH is getting all the attention and is basically having his early birthday praise feast, but also because of their chemistry and comfort around him. None of them have previously worked together and that makes it even more interesting. Their synergy is indeed very powerful and I can’t wait to see them in theaters soon. :) 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

July 5, 2023

“NO CONCRETE UTOPIA, NO LIFE.”

”CONCRETE UTOPIA IS MY VITAMIN FOR FATIGUE RECOVERY, AND MY NOURISHING TONIC.” 

- Lotte Entertainment 

they are putting their A game with the captions to promote the movie. :w00t:

Lotte Entertainment released a 2nd longer trailer for Concrete Utopia

81956-D21-2-ACE-4-BAF-9-B9-E-89595-EF8-C

Finally, we have smiling Yeong Tak…. :D And he really does speak like a military person, in a very high formal tone. 

Translations of LBH’s introduction part: 

YT: If we want to protect our apartment, we have to step up for ourselves.

Apartment belongs to the residents!! Apartment belongs to the residents!!” 

GA: Where did you get such courage from? 

YT: You cant let this apartment fall down, can you? This is the only one we’ve left.

GA: Which room are you from?

YT: Room no. 902

GA: As a result of the voting. Kim Yeong Tak from room no. 902, has been decided to serve as a temporary resident representative. 

( Meanwhile Yeong tak… :lol:

Spoiler

3966-A3-E3-D902-4-D60-B295-6-D434003-E3-

YT: If you aren’t a resident of the apartment, I’d appreciate it if you leave the complex. 

YT: In order for our family to not starve to death, dont you think we should find a courage to find the solution?

Some Ajummas: Mr. President. President Kim Yeong tak..

(Like Dong seok, he’s famous among the ahjummas and smiling even when he seemed to have been hurt. Lol) 

YT to MS: You should be a class president in “Ideas” department.

YT: United under the name of the Apartment, we can win if we stick together. 

Full trailer:

Also, Team Concrete Utopia will appear on tvn Hong Jin Kyung’s Movie Fan life, Ep. 103, this Friday.

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Watch: Park Seo Joon, Park Bo Young, Lee Byung Hun, And More Strive To Survive In Their Own Ways In “Concrete Utopia”

20230706032840_concrete-utopia.jpg?s=900

Upcoming film “Concrete Utopia” has released a new teaser and posters!

Loosely based on Part 2 of the hit webtoon “Joyful Outcast” (“Pleasant Neighbors”), “Concrete Utopia” is a new disaster thriller about the aftermath of a devastating earthquake. The film will follow the story that begins when the survivors gather at Hwang Goong Apartments, the only building left standing in an earthquake-ravaged Seoul.

In the newly released poster below, the presence of Young Tak (Lee Byung Hun), the temporary leader of the residents of Hwang Goong Apartments, overwhelms viewers’ attention with only his intense gaze and atmosphere. The text that reads, “I think that this apartment was chosen,” stimulates viewers’ curiosity about his leadership.

concrete-eutopia-01.jpeg

In the poster featuring Min Sung (Park Seo Joon), the text that reads, “It will be over if we get kicked out of here,” shows his desperation to protect his family.

concrete-eutopia-02.jpeg

On the other hand, the text on Myung Hwa’s (Park Bo Young’s) poster reads, “Shouldn’t it be our priority to find a way to survive all together?” showing her will, trying not to lose faith even in a life-or-death situation.

Spoiler

concrete-eutopia-03.jpeg

In addition, Geum Ae (Kim Sun Young) with her line, “Those who can enter this complex are our residents only,” Hye Won (Park Ji Hoo) with her line, “Everyone seems strangely hopeful,” and Do Kyun (Kim Do Yoon) with his line, “It’s a problem even if you have a conscience and even if you don’t,” add to the tension and raise anticipation for the story that will unfold at Hwang Goong Apartments.

concrete-eutopia-04.jpegconcrete-eutopia-05.jpegconcrete-eutopia-06.jpeg

The teaser that was released along with the posters previews each character’s own way of protecting and surviving.

Watch the full teaser below!

“Concrete Utopia” will hit theaters on August 9. Stay tuned!

credit : soompi news

• Like 5

A Glimpse into ‘Concrete Utopia’ Starring Lee Byung Hun, Park Seo Joon, Park Bo Young and More

The upcoming movie Concrete Utopia, featuring renowned stars Lee Byung Hun, Park Seo Joon, and Park Bo Young, heightened expectations with captivating posters and a teaser.

Concrete Utopia unfolds a post-apocalyptic drama in Seoul, where survivors gather in the city’s last standing apartment after a devastating earthquake.

The released character posters, set against the backdrop of Hwanggung Apartment, radiate an intense aura with their unique visuals.

Lee Byung Hun’s poster features his character, Young Tak, the representative of the Hwanggung apartment residents, whose commanding presence alone steals the scene. The accompanying copy, “I believe this apartment was chosen,” piques interest in this intriguing premise.

The posters for Park Seo Joon’s character Min Sung, who’s desperately trying to protect his family, and Park Bo Young’s character Myung Hwa, who’s striving not to lose her faith, increase anticipation for survival post-disaster. Min Sung’s line, “We’re over they manage to drive us out of here,” and Myung Hwa’s, “Shouldn’t we prioritize to find a way to live together?” adds depth to the survivors’ struggle.

7571add59dcb93b4e0f5f5bddcaed1ec-tile.pn

The teaser titled “Hwanggung Apartment Resident List” brings attention to a group of characters determined to survive in their own unique ways. From the new resident representative, Young Tak, to the fiercely protective Min Sung, the steadfast Myung Hwa, the housing committee chairwoman Geum Ae, the outsider Hye Won, and the uncooperative resident Do Kyun. Each character has their own story to tell within the captivating world of the Hwanggung Apartment.

Meanwhile, Concrete Utopia will hit the screen on August 9th.

Source: Lotte Entertainment

• Like 5

July 6, 2023

Concrete Utopia will be shown in Hong Kong !

Screenshot_2023-07-06_at_9.24.49_PM.pngOverjoyed that Concrete Utopia will be shown in Hong Kong with English and Chinese subtitles starting  from August 17, 2023.  According to the  poster,  this movie has been sold to 152 countries.   

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

July 6, 2023

‘Concrete Utopia’ more black comedy than disaster flick

By Kim Da-sol

Screenshot_2023-07-06_at_9.43.40_PM.png

Actor Lee Byung-hun of “Concrete Utopia” speaks during a press conference held at Lotte Cinema Konkuk University, Seoul, Wednesday. (Yonhap)

Six years after “Vanishing Time: A Boy Who Returned,” director Um Tae-hwa returns with disaster thriller “Concrete Utopia,” in which home turns hostile for a group of apartment dwellers.

The movie is based on the second part of a webtoon about an earthquake and its aftermath, “Pleasant Neighbor.”

Lee Byung-hun, Park Seo-joon and Park Bo-young star as few residents of Hwang Gung Apartments in the devastated city. Lee plays Young-tak, a leader among the residents, Park Seo-joon as Min-seong who supports Young-tak and Park Bo-young as Min-seong’s wife.

“I was attracted to the original story’s unique background set in an apartment where many of us live and spend so much time. It was fun for me to imagine how a familiar place can turn extremely dangerous,” Um said during a press conference at Lotte Cinema Konkuk University in Seoul on Wednesday.

Lee Byung-hun, who has starred in several disaster thrillers, said this movie was about more than just surviving a disaster.

“In a typical disaster film, the main plot revolves around the disaster. This film, however, delves more into how residents cope with the disaster and how they communicate in an extreme environment,” said Lee, adding that the film was more like a black comedy.

“Just by looking at the people living in the apartment, there are so many different types of people. So the main plot begins with a disaster but the film shows more than that, and that’s why I chose to appear in this movie even after working on disaster thriller films like ‘Ashfall’ and ‘Emergency Declaration,’” said Lee.

Screenshot_2023-07-06_at_9.43.53_PM.png

Actors Park Seo-joon and Park Bo-young of “Concrete Utopia” speak during a press conference held in Lotte Cinema Konkuk University, Seoul, Wednesday. (Yonhap)

Park Seo-joon and Park Bo-young said the biggest reason for choosing “Concrete Utopia” was the cast.

“Not just because I wanted to show different a aspect of my acting spectrum, I’ve been a huge fan of Lee and I’ve always wanted the chance to do a project with him,” Park told reporters, adding that he reached out to the director first even before the project was suggested to him.

“Concrete Utopia” is also Park Bo-young’s first film in five years.

“I read the scenario and told my agency that I have to do this project. I really wanted this project because the movie was something that I can show different acting compared to my previous ones,” Park said, adding that she also asked to be part of the project.

The production staff took five months to build a life-sized three-story apartment building that showed the reality of a damaged apartment in a devastated city.

“It was important for me to add reality to the film sets. It took two years for the computer graphics team to study the geography of Seoul and apply it to the CG work,” said director Um.

“Because every detail is well-depicted in the film sets, all I had to do was immerse myself into the setting and just act,” said Park Seo-joon.

Kim Sun-young (“Reply 1988,” “Crash Landing On You”) and Park Ji-hou (“All of Us Are Dead”) and Kim Do-yoon (“Hellbound”) also star as residents of Hwang Gung Apartment.

With the tent-pole film slated for a summer opening, the actors encouraged people to watch “Concrete Utopia” at the cinema to get the most out of the film’s overwhelming sound and visual effects.

While the exact date has not been confirmed, “Concrete Utopia” opens in local theaters in August. The movie is set to be shown in 152 countries.

Screenshot_2023-07-06_at_9.45.00_PM.png

"Concrete Utopia" (Lotte Entertainment)

Source: https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20230621000593&ACE_SEARCH=1

• Like 3

July 6, 2023

Team Concrete Utopia appeared in a keyword interview with Park Kyung Rim on U+tv MovieQ

8-DE0349-B-0774-4-CA5-9-A8-E-833-CCF5823

First of all, I am having problems linking this YouTube video. This has never happened before. It keeps warning me and even when I put it in hidden folder, it still didn’t go through. Luckily, I saved the translations beforehand phew. So, I am not sure how to solve it. Hope you have no problems finding the link in IG, friends. :tears:

Since I can directly link it, this might help. 

Spoiler

Some translations of LBH part: 

KEYWORD: GOLDEN LINEUP 

Q: It seems there is a main actor whose casting news made other join the movie. Park Seo-joon ssi, who is that person? 

PSJ: Yes. That's me. 

(Everyone burst into laughter) 

PKR: Oh, so that's you! 

LBH: When I heard Seo-joon ssi is coming out, I signed the contract in a lightening speed. BAM!! BAM!!

(Them PSJ starts explaining LBH being that person and how he worked on joining the cast of CU.) 

PKR: Once the casting was complete, what was your thought, Mr. Resident representative? 

LBH: My expectations grew a lot, and I was curious what kind of acting we'll get to see. Also, this is my first time working with the actors who are present here. As expected, they each showed great acting skills. I watched the movie in blind preview and I really enjoyed a lot. 

KEYWORD: CHOSEN RESIDENT REPRESENTATIVE

PKR: The trust and confidence the residents have for Yeong tak was too strong. How did you manage to receive such trust? Is there a secret? 

LBH: There's an incident that happens at the beginning of the movie. (Fire incident) There, without any protection, he manages to stop it. Seeing that, he's selected through voting as a RR. 

KEYWORD: PARK-PARK COUPLE/ YELLOW PEACH COUPLE 

(PKR mentions how these two are the most anticipated pair and wanted by fans to do rom-com.) 

PSJ: Like fans, I also am looking forward to a lot. Of course with this one.... 

PBY: It's a bit pity that there's not much (Alkong-Dalkong) Lovey-Dovey scenes. 

PSJ: Of course that doesn't mean there's none of that.

(And goes explaining how they both are willing to meet in another project with different genres in the future.)

X-GEN LBH: "ALC*HOL?" (This man had me on the floor with this! Lol. PSJ and PBY explain it to him... yet...) 

LBH: They do have Dovey-Lovey (Dalkong-Alkong) scenes, but they also have lots of tikitaka (friendly bickering) scenes together. 

april-2023-07-06-15-38-07-247.jpg

KEYWORD: RESIDENT VOTING 

Q: If there could be a real resident representative, this person would be the perfect choice. 

All 5 votes: Kim Sun Young 

KSY: Why me, sunbaenim? 

LBH: Tenacity to survive no matter the situations, and cool headed. These are the combination that makes her the perfect choice. 

Q: Not just Imperial Palace Apartment, but someone who can survive even outside of it. 

All 5 votes: Lee Byung-hun 

PKR: It seems like LBH and KSY are invincible together. 

LBH: We definitely aren't ordinary. 

KEYWORD: SCREENSHOTS OF SCENES 

"YEONG TAK WITH MEGAPHONE" Quiz:

PKR: Words that residents shout to give energy together. 

LBH (Yeong tak mode): APARTMENT BELONGS TO THE........ 

EVERYONE: RESIDENTS!!!! 

PBY: If you just press us, it comes out.

PKR: Even when you're asleep? 

LBH: APARTMENT BELONGS TO THE..... 

EVERYONE: RESIDENTS!!! 

(I am almost at this same stage myself ngl. It keeps ringing in my head, I am afraid it might come out unconsciously someday like a song, haha) 

KEYWORD: SOMETHING THAT ADDS BONUS/ DRIVING FORCE? 

LBH: Recently, I had a fan meeting in Japan after four years. As expected, it was a moment that gave me huge strength, and I think what keeps me moving are our movie fans. For me, they are my added force. 

@peonie Hello Barbara, That’s great news! Oddly, they haven’t yet announced the US release yet. They usually did by this time for others that I watched here. They have 3 major movies coming this summer, so maybe they’ll release it a bit later? I am not sure.. I just want to watch before I see any spoilers while looking for the reviews. :( 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1