Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

Korean drama of the week "It's Okay, That's Love"

photo815307.jpg

Korean drama of the week "It's Okay, That's Love" (2014)

Directed by Kim Kyoo-tae

Written by Noh Hee-kyeong

Network  : SBS

With Jo In-Seong, Kong Hyo-jin, Seong Dong-il, Lee Gwang-soo, Jin Kyeong, Lee Seong-kyeong,...

16 episodes - Wed, Thu 22:00
Synopsis
Based in a mental clinic, this drama portrays the life and love of modern day people.

Broadcasting dates in Korea : 2014/07/23~2014/09/11

Episode 1

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

Now Showing

K2017013100025-740.jpg

The King

Tae-soo (Zo In-sung) craves to climb the social ladder, and Gang-sik (Jung Woo-sung) tries to control the power structure of Korean society. They collaborate to seize more power, but face an unexpected crisis instead. Directed by Han Jae-rim.

Box Office Rankings

Domestic

1. Confidential Assignment

2. The King

3. Moana

4. Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

5. Your Name

credit : Korea Times

Jung Woo Sung Feels Sorry For Not Taking Care Of Jo In Sung In The Past

jung-woo-sung-jo-in-sung-e1486385252656.

In a recent interview for “The King,” Jung Woo Sung mentioned his junior and co-star in the movie, Jo In Sung.

He said, “Jo In Sung became an actor as he watched and admired my work. We were both under the same agency once too.” Jo In Sung mentioned previously that Jung Woo Sung has always been his role model.

Jung Woo Sung continued, “When I was directing the music video for g.o.d’s fourth album that tied together three songs, [Jo In Sung and I] met for the first time as director and actor.”

“I lived while thinking that camaraderie between colleagues is important, but if I look back at how much concern I showed him, it’s little to the point that I feel sorry,” he continued.

“There should be sharing between seniors and juniors of the same industry. I’m embarrassed and sorry that I didn’t take care of him. I hope that he can gain something from me through “The King.” On the filming set, as I looked at Jo In Sung’s mature image, I thought that I have to become a cooler actor.”

jung woo sung 3

“Rather than looking out for the juniors, I worry more about how I should share my experiences with them as a senior. Instead of unilaterally recounting my experiences, [both of us] share our experiences with each other. When Jo In Sung was first casted for ‘The King,’ I wanted to share with him the words I couldn’t say before previously,” he said.

Jung Woo Sung also explained why he visited the set even on days when he had no filming.

“I often visit the set even if I have no filming parts, but I visited more for ‘The King.’ It’s because I can build up teamwork and trust with the other actors, not just Jo In Sung. Because of that significance, I kept going [to the set.] I think I’ll keep going to the set in future.”

Source (1) / soompi news

*** I believe that the casts make the writer's work famous. Quality of dramas depend on your preference. :lol:

Jo In Sung Expresses Desire To Work With “Goblin” Screenwriter Kim Eun Sook

Jo-In-Sung-Kim-Eun-Sook.jpg

Jo In Sung is more than ready to partake in the magic created by screenwriter Kim Eun Sook.

During an interview on February 6, the actor expressed his desire to work with the screenwriter, whose most recent production was the highly-popular “Goblin.”

Jo In Sung stated, “Although I don’t know what Kim Eun Sook has planned for her next project, I really hope that I can be a part of it.”

The screenwriter has worked with many of Korea’s most popular actors like Gong Yoo (“Goblin”), Jang Dong Gun (“A Gentleman’s Dignity“), Hyun Bin (“Secret Garden“), Lee Min Ho (“Heirs“), and Song Joong Ki (“Descendants of the Sun“).

She has yet to work with Jo In Sung yet, and it will be interesting to see if she replies to his request.

If Kim Eun Sook and Jo In Sung teamed up, what kind of drama would you like to see them create together?

Source (1) / soompi news

For Your Viewing Pleasure : Turtlenecks

Welcome back to For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take time out of the week to curate a set of photos from the K-pop landscape.

A little over a month remains of winter, which means there is still time to make the most of that chilly weather fashion. What is the perfect garment for keeping warm while also staying on your casual chic game? The answer is turtlenecks, at least according to your favorite stars. Take some inspiration from this week’s photos and bundle up until spring comes!

(skipped unrelated.....)

20170207_seoulbeats_joinsung_highcutmag.

source : seoulbeats

• 1 month later...

March 27, 2017

Zo In-sung considers role in ‘Ansi Fortress’

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20170327

Zo In-sung has denied media reports that he accepted an offer to play a role in the upcoming film “Ansi Fortress.”

“Zo In-sung recently received an offer, but nothing has been confirmed yet,” said IOK Company, which represents the actor.

(Herald DB)

In February, Lee Byung-hun and Park Bo-gum were offered lead roles in the historical movie. Lee has decided not to join the cast, while Park has not decided whether to accept the offer.

(Herald DB)

The film, helmed by director Kim Kwang-sik, tells the story of a battle between the Chinese Tang dynasty and Goryeo Kingdom at Ansi Fortress.

(Herald DB)

Zo, 35, starred in the political thriller “The King,” which hit theaters on Jan. 18.

By Jie Ye-eun (yeeunjie@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

Jo In Sung Sends “The King” Co-Star Jung Woo Sung Gift Of Support For New Movie

Actor Jung Woo Sung recently thanked Jo In Sung for a special gift.

On April 6, the actor posted a photo on his personal Instagram account with the caption, “Thanks, In Sung.”

The picture shows Jung Woo Sung holding up a cup of coffee from a coffee truck. The sleeve on the cup reads, “Good luck to Jung Woo Sung, and the cast and crew of ‘Steel Rain’! From Jo In Sung.” To show his support for his former co-star, Jo In Sung rented out the truck to drive to the set of Jung Woo Sung’s new movie to hand out free coffee and snacks to everyone there.

The two actors became close friends working on the movie, “The King,” which was released in January 2017.

Jung Woo Sung is currently filming his new movie “Steel Rain,” which follows an undercover operation between North and South Korea.

Source (1) / soompi news

***Finally..............I was able to watch his movie, "The King" - The King is a political drama that’ll infuriate you as your brain constantly reminds you, “That actually happens!” With people constantly telling Park (Jo in Sung) “pride means nothing” and that he should “go with the flow of history,” he slowly gives in to the temptation of power, glory, and sticking to the way things have always been. Political dramas are a weird genre for me because oftentimes I hate how heavy-handed and pessimistic they can be. It’s a film for the corrupt to know that it’s not too late. Do I think prosecutors are hoarding videos and files of scandals to use at the exact opportune moment in a gigantic library? Well, maybe not in that form, but it’s undeniable that the person who can manipulate the press wields a lot of power. This is a must-see movie! :lol:

On 4/11/2017 at 11:24 PM, Jj Elle said:

Dear Willenette,

I am also eager to watch the movie.  Can you tell me how I can do so?

Thanks

Hi Jj Elle, actually, my Korean friend gave a DVD copy of this to me when we saw each other recently. Or watch online here : http://watchcorn.com/watch-king-deoking-2017-english-subtitles/2/ :lol:

“The List” Compiles Co-Stars Who Became Real-Life Friends After Acting As Enemies

The April 17 episode of tvN’s “The List 2017” put together a list of actors who went from playing enemies to becoming close friends in real life.

Jo In Sung and Jung Woo Sung

jo-in-sung-jung-woo-sung1.jpg

Jo In Sung and Jung Woo Sung became friends after filming the movie “The King.” Jo In Sung even sent a coffee truck to Jung Woo Sung’s movie set!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• 3 weeks later...

13 K-Drama Moments Every Fan Will Remember As Their Favorite

Although these dramas may have come to an end, these moments will live on in hearts of viewers forever as some of the greatest scenes in K-Drama history.

Some scenes are funny, others bring back the tears full force, and some are a heart-warming reminder of the love-stories K-Drama’s tell best.

Check out the 13 moments that every K-Drama viewer will never be able to forget.

9. It’s Okay, That’s Love

No one will ever forget the chemistry between Jang Jae Yeol and Ji Hae Soo and how brilliant they were for each other. Moment’s like these will never be forgotten!

giphy.gif

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

IU And Jo In Sung To Potentially Make Guest Appearances On “Happy Together”

IU-jo-in-sung.jpg

KBS 2TV’s “Happy Together” will be hosting a few special guests in a corner for their 500th episode on air, which may potentially include artist IU and actor Jo In Sung.

The corner, which will be called “I Miss You, Friend,” is a corner in which the MCs of “Happy Together” randomly call up good friends of theirs and invite them to the show. Because of the nature of the corner, KBS could not confirm or deny reports about the two stars’ guest appearances and said that viewers will just have to wait until the actual broadcast to find out; however, Jo In Sung is known to be good friends with MC Yoo Jae Suk while IU has maintained a good relationship with MC Park Myung Soo ever since the two sang a duet called “Leon” a few years back.

The 500th episode of KBS 2Tv’s “Happy Together” will air on May 25 so don’t forget to tune in to see if these two stars make an appearance!

Source (1)(2) / soompi news

*** Movie again? I hope JIS will act again in a drama. :lol:

Jo In Sung Confirmed To Play Charismatic Commander In New Historical Period Film

Jo-In-Sung.jpg

Jo In Sung will be returning to a historical period film for the first time in nine years since “A Frozen Flower.”

The team of “Ansi City” has confirmed that Jo In Sung will be playing the leading role in the movie after receiving an offer and added, “We will be wrapping up casting in the first half of 2017 and begin filming in August.”

“Ansi City” will be a large-scale project that follows the 88-day battle between Tang Taizong’s army and the Goryeo army, lead by General Yang Manchun.

Jo In Sung made a bang in 2017 with “The King,” a popular film that attracted over 5.3 million viewers. The actor will be playing the role of General Yang Manchun in the upcoming movie. The general was the commander of Ansi City who was heroic and willing to give up everything to protect his country. This is set to be Jo In Sung’s most charismatic role yet.

The actor opened up about his new role as he said, “I was more than happy to accept the offer for this role because I felt the scenario perfectly reflected what a strong and wise leader can do for their country. The message the movie has is powerful and provides a new look into our history. Just thinking about the large-scale battle we’re preparing gets me excited.”

Are you excited to see Jo In Sung in this new movie?

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

*** Although, I want a drama for his next project still I’m happy that I will get to see him again on the big screen. The film will be released next year, 2018. This upcoming movie has a budget of up to 15 billion won ($13 million). :lol:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Jo In-seong appears on "Happy Together"

photo852245.jpg

Actor Jo In-Seong made a special appearance on the KBS 2TV show "Happy Together" in celebration of its 500th episode.

Jo In-Seong answered his phone and appeared on the set as quickly as he could.

In the recent tvN show "List Of Names", Jo In-Seong, Song Joong-ki and Lee Gwang-soo came in second for their friendship.

Jo In-Seong met Song Joong-ki in a movie and Lee Gwang-soo through an ad.

The three have been on vacation to Bangkok, Thailand which was prepared by Jo In-Seong to celebrate Song Joong-ki's completion of the army.

The Jo In-Seong Family also include Doh Kyung-soo (D.O.), Lim Ju-hwan, Kim Ki-bang and Kim Woo-bin. They build more on their friendship with short trips here and there.

Source : www.hankyung.com/news...

Translation: Hancinema

• Like 1

***I wonder if JIS was joking here or serious - hahaha. If he's telling the truth here Jo In Sung must take care of Kwangsoo a lot. :lol:

Jo In Sung describes his friend Lee Kwang Soo

Lee-Kwang-Soo-jo-in-sung.jpg

The 500th episode special of KBS's 'Happy Together 3' aired on May 25 welcomed actor Jo In Sung as a guest! The actor called up good friend Lee Kwang Soo during the phone calls segment. 

Upon receiving the call, Lee Kwang Soo boasted how he was receiving much fame and recognition in Malaysia. Later, Jo In Sung commented about his friend, "He probably started drinking from nine in the morning... He's someone who video chats after drinking. He is a lonely friend; he needs someone to look after him."

Aww, sounds like Jo In Sung knows Lee Kwang Soo well!

Lee-Kwang-Soo,jo-in-sung_1495732440_0000

source : allkpop

• Like 1

Bromance In Peril? Jo In Sung Admits To Being Upset With Song Joong Ki

jo-in-sung.jpg

The bromance of Jo In Sung, Song Joong Ki and Lee Kwangsoo is one of the most popular celebrity friendships in Korean entertainment, dating back from years ago. But even best friends sometimes feel disappointed in each other and Jo In Sung recently shared an incident where he felt disappointed with the "Descendants of the Sun" actor.

According to a report by All Kpop, Jo In Sung made the revelation during his guesting on "Happy Together." "The King" actor said that he was recently very disappointed in his Song Joong Ki who took the win at the Daesang Award."

"When he made his speech, he didn't mention me," Jo In Sung said in jest. "I guess he wasn't thankful to me."

Despite the ribbing and the teasing that must have happened between the two actors in the aftermath of the awards, Jo In Sung said that he was very happy for Song Joong Ki's success. Jo In Sung, while he is always cast in serious leading men roles, is known to be very playful when it comes to his friends.

When Lee Kwangsoo asked him for his autograph to complete a mission for his variety show "Running Man," the actor originally pretended not to know the caller. When Lee Kwangsoo asked him to stop joking around, he said he didn't give out autographs and he only greeted his fans with handshakes. When Lee Kwangsoo called again, Jo In Sung deliberately pretended that he was talking to a delivery guy, making Lee Kwangsoo, the comedian, laugh at his antics, Kpopstarz reported.

The three actors have maintained their close friendship for many years, even taking a trip to Thailand together to celebrate Song Joong Ki's discharge from the military which was Jo In Sung's initiative. When Song Joong Ki was deployed for military service, it was Lee Kwangsoo who attended his sister's wedding in his stead, bringing the "Descendants of the Sun" actor to tears when he saw the video.

© Copyright 2016 KpopStarz.com. All Rights Reserved.

• Like 1

*** Seolhyun confirms her casting as JIS's little sister in "Ansi City", his upcoming movie. I hope it's going to be a box-office hit! I'm not really so familiar with her so IDK if she can act or not. I guess she's more of a singer......:)

• Like 1

Jo In Sung Asks Park Bo Gum For The Most Random Thing Ever On “Happy Together”

Park-Bo-Gum-Jo-In-Sung.png

Given how hilarious Jo In Sung can be when he suddenly appears on variety shows, let’s hope he appears on more of them!

The June 1 episode of KBS2’s “Happy Together” was a continuation from the previous broadcast, a celebration of reaching 500 episodes since the show’s premiere.

Just as last week, the hosts and panel members on the show tried to call up some of their celebrity friends and acquaintances and get them to come to the cafe they were filming at, without mentioning to them they were filming “Happy Together.”

During the previous episode, Jo In Sung had unexpectedly agreed to appear and was very much surprised when he arrived on set to find himself suddenly as a guest. This week, he continued to display his humorous side as he joined in on the fun when Jun Hyun Moo tried to invite Park Bo Gum.

While Jun Hyun Moo tried to casually ask, “Can you come to the Gangnam District area?,” Park Bo Gum quickly caught on and commented, “Are you currently recording a show?,” which meant Jun Hyun Moo failed his turn.

The phone was eventually passed on to Jo In Sung, who happily greeted his junior. With pleasantries out of the way, he suddenly asked, “Bo Gum, do you have any seasoned wild vegetables (namul) at your home?”

Taking the seemingly random question in stride while laughing, Park Bo Gum replied he had fatsia roots. As Park Bo Gum continued to laugh at the absurd question, Jo In Sung briefly explained that they “needed it,” because of a mission.

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

PD Of “Happy Together” Talks About Being Moved By Jo In Sung And IU In 500th Episode Specials

IU-jo-in-sung.jpg

KBS2 “Happy Together” has been celebrating 500 episodes on air with a number of special episodes, featuring some very special guests.

On the May 25 broadcast of “Happy Together,” the cast members attempted to invite the top three guests that viewers wanted to see on the show: Jo In Sung, Song Joong Ki, and Gong Yoo. Ji Suk Jin, after obtaining Jo In Sung’s number from Lee Kwang Soo, called the actor to ask him to appear on the show.

The PD of “Happy Together” said, “We thought it would be great if we could even just get [Jo In Sung] on the phone to congratulate the show. We had no idea that he would actually show up. I was very touched by his guest appearance on the show.”

jo-in-sung1.jpg

He continued, “Jo In Sung was the star of the May 25 episode. He was very crafty and fun on the show,” conveying his gratitude for the actor’s variety skills.

It was reported that IU would also be joining Jo In Sung for the special episodes, which was confirmed through a preview for tonight’s episode of “Happy Together.” Park Myung Soo calls IU and persuades her to buy him spicy rice cakes by lying that he was sick and hadn’t eaten all day.

iu3.jpg

Although she had her suspicions, IU readily set out alone to buy the rice cakes for him. In regards to the singer’s guest appearance, the PD said, “IU came in a taxi by herself. She went to Gangnam by herself to purchase the spicy rice cakes and this was when ‘Palette’ was topping all the major music charts. We were moved by how she quietly fulfilled his request on her own,” heightening anticipation for the upcoming episode.

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

***  Nam Joo Hyuk will join in JIS's upcoming movie, “Ansi Fortress” (working title). Ahhh........ I don't know much about him but I heard that this will be his debut film.  I'm sure he's willing to learn.  Through this exposure he gets working with experienced actors like Jo in Sung.  “Ansi Fortress” is a historical film that follows the 88-day battle between Yang Manchun (with the Goguryeo army) against the invasion of 500 thousand Tang Dynasty troops who tried to capture Ansi fortress. Jo in Sung will be playing the role of General Yang Manchun and Nam Joo Hyuk’s character will be helping out General Yang Manchun. I'm excited to see JIS on the big screen again. I'll be waiting for this movie because of JIS.  Let's hope for the best. Another Jo in Sung movie to look forward to. :tongue:

• Like 1