Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

Jo In Sung Reveals What Jung Woo Sung Means To Him (And Vice Versa)

Jung Woo Sung Jo In Sung

On December 17, Jung Woo Sung, Jo In Sung, Bae Sung Woo, and Ryu Jun Yeol appeared on KBS’s “Entertainment Weekly” to promote their new film “The King.”

Jo In Sung

Jo In Sung had previously named Jung Woo Sung as his role model. In the interview he said, “I joined the film because Jung Woo Sung extended his hand out to me. From now on, he will continue to be my role model. I felt extremely lucky [to work with him].”

Jo In Sung Jung Woo Sung

Jung Woo Sung, meanwhile, said that the reason he appeared in the film was because of Jo In Sung. “It’s because my personality is good,” he added as a joke, using a pun on the word “insung,” which also means personality.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

the king releases trailer

theking

This movie will definitely draw the ladies and some with Jo In Sung, Jung Woo Sung, Ryu Jun Yeol and Bae Seong Woo. Jo In Sung plays a country boy-turned-ambitious prosecutor who is primed and hungry to possess the limitless power he thinks his job can bring. He is introduced to seasoned, suave prosecutor, acted by Jung Woo Sung, who shows him the way to what he wants… albeit with corruption as the foundation. Another interesting movie to premiere this month. The Korean audience is spolit for choice.

source ; https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2017/01/09/the-king-releases-trailer/

• Like 1

Stars born in the year of the rooster

This year is the year of the rooster, which is one of 12 Chinese zodiac animal signs.

Some Hallyu stars who were born in the year of the rooster -- which comes around every 12 years -- are as follows:

Jo In-sung (July 28, 1981)

Jo stars in the upcoming movie “The King,” which will be released on Jan. 17.

(skipped unrelated.....)

By Lim Jeong-yeo (kaylalim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

Jo In Sung Makes Bold Promise To Cha Tae Hyun Over “The King” Ticket Sales

jo in sung

It’s Cha Tae Hyun’s second attempt to drag Jo In Sung to “2 Days & 1 Night.”

During the V App broadcast on the January 11 , Jo In Sung mentioned that Cha Tae Hyun had said he would tune in under the ID “Eagle.”

But as time passed, there was no trace of Cha Tae Hyun to be found, so MC Park Kyung Lim decided to call him instead. Cha Tae Hyun explained over the phone that he was busy baking a cake for his wife’s birthday the next day, but he promised to leave a message. They later laughed when they found out that Cha Tae Hyun had actually been online, but he did not know how to set up an ID.

Cha Tae Hyun’s message to Jo In Sung was, “If ‘The King’ sells over 8 million tickets, come to ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ and dunk yourself in the water.”

Jo In Sung agonized over it for a moment, before he said, “I could do it, but it’s going to be very cold so I’m worried.” He then hesitated again, and finally declared, “I’ll do it,” while nodding coolly.

Wouldn’t it be great to see Jo In Sung on “2 Days & 1 Night” again?

Source (1) / soompi news

Jo In Sung Reveals Which Actors Visit His House Most Often

Jo In Sung

Actor Jo In Sung recently talked about his friendship with his fellow actors.

Appearing in a V App broadcast on January 11, the actor revealed which actors come over to his house.

MC Park Kyung Lim brought up the topic as she stated, “I hear that the dining table in your house is quite famous. Kim Woo Bin once said that he goes and sits at your table when he’s having a hard time.'”

When asked who visits his house most often, Jo In Sung said, “Lee Kwang Soo comes over the most, and Do Kyung Soo (EXO’s D.O.), Kim Woo Bin, and Song Joong Ki also come from time to time.”

Jo In Sung 2

The actor shared a story about EXO’s D.O. as he reminisced, “Do Kyung Soo’s house is actually quite close to mine. He sometimes calls me in the morning and asks if I’ve eaten yet. If I haven’t, he’ll bring some seolleongtang (ox bone soup) over and we’ll share a meal together.”

Jo In Sung’s dining table definitely sounds like the place to be, especially considering who else would be there!

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

Jo In Sung doesn't want to go on 'Running Man' because of Lee Kwang Soo?

Lee-Kwang-Soo,jo-in-sung

Jo In Sung explained why he doesn't want to go on 'Running Man'!

In a recent interview, Jo In Sung said, "I don't appear on variety shows often compared to other actors. I sometimes go when Cha Tae Hyun hyung invites me."

The interviewer jokingly asked, "You went on 'Infinity Challenge' and '1 Night 2 Days'. Does that mean you're only determined to go on the best shows?" Jo In Sung responded, "I just went because they contacted me. As for 'Running Man', I think it'll be too much running. Also, you need to have some intensity on variety shows but I'm so close with Lee Kwang Soo. If viewers see how I really treat Kwang Soo, they'll be in for a surprise."

source : allkpop

• Like 1

Jo In Sung talks about close hoobaes D.O, Lee Kwang Soo, Kim Woo Bin and Song Joong Ki

DO,Lee-Kwang-Soo,song-joong-ki-,jo-in-sung,kim-woo-bin

Jo In Sung shared about his hoobaes in a recent interview!

The actor first said, "It's rather painful for me if I have competition with my fellow actors. Sunbaes are good but I also gain perspective and relief from my hoobaes." Jo In Sung started to name specific hoobae actors and said, "D.O. is Kim Woo Bin's love and I tend to care a lot for and am closest  with Lee Kwang Soo."

He continued, "Song Joong Ki does 120% of his given role. I'm not saying that Kwang Soo doesn't but he has a lot of concerns as both an actor and a variety show entertainer. He feels pressured so I once told him that times have changed and he doesn't need to worry and struggle with old perspectives engraved in his mind."

source : allkpop

• Like 2

Zo In Sung Graces Cover of ′Cine 21′

Zo In Sung, the star of upcoming film The King, has graced the cover of Cine 21.

On January 14, movie magazine Cine 21 revealed a cover featuring the handsome Zo In Sung.

Zo In Sung Graces Cover of ′Cine 21′

In the revealed cover, Zo In Sung has his head resting on one hand as he stares intently into the camera. He is seen wearing a black shirt under a gray winter coat.

The King follows the life of Tae Soo, played by Zo In Sung, who pursues a career as a prosecutor after believing that power is the most important thing in life.

Meanwhile, Zo In Sung′s movie The King will be released on January 18.

Photo credit: Cine 21 / enews

• Like 4

20 hours ago, istanbullu_emine said:

Hi intanbullu, thanks for sharing the photos. Finally................the movie's releasing now. I'm happy that they're warmly welcomed by avid fans during this event. Wow, I missed JIS on the screen! :lol:

• Like 1

Lee Kwang Soo, EXO’s D.O., Kim Woo Bin, And More Gather To Support Jo In Sung’s New Movie

Lee Kwang Soo EXO D.O. Im Joo Hwan Kim Woo Bin Jo In Sung Kim Ki Bang

Actor Kim Ki Bang recently showed off what may possibly be one of the greatest squads ever.

On January 19, the actor posted a black and white photo on Instagram with the caption, “We’re here to support you! The first button was placed in the right slot. Let’s hope for 10 million viewers!”

The photo shows a group of men sitting at a café and enjoying each other’s company. The men are none other than Lee Kwang Soo, Do Kyung Soo (EXO’s D.O.), Im Joo Hwan, Kim Woo Bin, Jo In Sung, and Kim Ki Bang.

This group is often called “Jo In Sung’s best friends group,” one of the most well-known friend groups in the entertainment industry. Comprised of some of Korea’s most popular actors, other members include Cha Tae Hyun, Song Joong Ki, and Bae Sung Woo.

Source (1) / soompi news

Ryu Jun Yeol Talks About What It Was Like Working With Jo In Sung In “The King”

ryu jun yeol jo in sung

During an interview on January 16, actor Ryu Jun Yeol talked about his current film “The King,” and what it was like working with fellow actor Jo In Sung.

“Jo In Sung frequently approached me with open arms. There’s a limit to how much a rookie can do when it comes to approaching a senior. Fortunately, he came to me first and put in the effort to talk casually with me. From then on, we were able to talk to each other without any difficulty,” Ryu Jun Yeol said.

the king

Jo In Sung also supported Ryu Jun Yeol by giving him genuine advice and lending an ear. “Jo In Sung would listen to my worries and give me advice. Honestly, it’s hard for a rookie actor to just let out their emotions. You can’t really make the time to simply go and meet someone. However, Jo In Sung was always there to listen to my concerns and gave me a lot of advice,” Ryu Jun Yeol explained. “He told me, ‘You’re doing fine right now. It’s what’s up ahead that’s the problem. Don’t lose your original mindset as a motivated rookie.'”

After hearing Jo In Sung’s words of wisdom, Ryu Jun Yeol jokingly revealed what he thought to himself: “I guess the hardships I’m facing right now aren’t everything. There’s more to come.”

“The King,” which stars Jo In Sung, Jung Woo Sung, Kim Ah Joong, and Ryu Jun Yeol, was released on January 18 in Korea.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

Korean and international fans in disagreement over celebrities’ “manner hands”

These photos of male Korean celebrities have been causing mixed reactions between Korean and international fans.

Photos of these “manner hands” have been circulating the internet, causing international fans to be disappointed and Korean fans to be frustrated with international fans. However, this is purely due to the differences in culture between international and Korean fans.

Korea is a country that puts high importance in respect, politeness, and tradition, which is where a gesture called “manner hands” stems from. Hover hands is when a person (usually male) will not touch another person’s body (mostly women) while taking a picture with them, thus their hands will just hover over the person’s body.

Western countries, however, view these gestures as “hover hands.” “Hover hands” are known to represent awkwardness, and men generally don’t do “hover hands” with women if they’re comfortable around them.

Whether it is “manner hands” or “hover hands,” these Korean celebrities are praised in Korea for this gesture as it shows their respect towards a person’s boundaries and personal space.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Screen-Shot-2016-10-08-at-10.39.46-AM.png
Actors Jo In Sung and Han Hyo Joo

Source: Instiz / koreaboo

• Like 1

Zo In-sung reflects reality in ‘King’: After nine year break, the actor reflects on what it takes to be the best

20174205.jpg

It took nine years for actor Zo In-sung to return to the large screen after he played the role of a gay warrior in the 2008 film “A Frozen Flower.” His fans finally got the chance to be reunited with the star in theaters when the movie “The King” was released on Wednesday.

The movie is about a prosecutor named Park Tae-su who gets to taste the power of authority after being accepted to Seoul National University’s law school and then passing the bar examination. The film is “the best that I can show,” said Zo in a recent interview with the JoongAng Ilbo. In the movie, which takes place over 20 years of Park’s life, illustrates many real-life historical events such as the inauguration of former President Lee Myung-bak and the suicide of another former president, Roh Moo-hyun, who served the country right before Lee.

With ongoing investigations by prosecutors looking in to the many scandals involving Choi Soon-sil and a formerly successful prosecutor stepping into the world of politics dominating the headlines, a movie about a successful prosecutor entering politics seems almost too real. But, the actor never thought that the stories in the movie would become reality while he was filming. The movie is about a group of prosecutors who ask Park to join their group as they team up with a group of gangsters and try to cook up the decisions made for the country.

“When I was filming the movie early last year, I thought this movie was a satirical one,” he said, “but in the meantime, [fiction] has become [similar] to reality.”

The actor shared more about his ideas on the current investigation by prosecutors and how he has been trying to evolve himself so that he can become a better actor.

20174213.jpg

Q. What were your thoughts when you saw the final version of the film? Would you have done the same thing that your character does?

A. The movie asks you what you would do now for your future. As I watch the political situation in Korea, which was influenced by [those not given power by the people], the question the movie throws at you seems more serious than ever.

What does the movie mostly focus on?

The overall plot follows the choices Park makes based on his ambitions and desires. When you look back at the beginning, things all start from a very ordinary desire that many can sympathize with, rather than the ambition of “I want to become the king of the world.” Don’t we all have desires to put ourselves into better situations and to better care for our families? I think this point hits home for many of us now.

Do you think your acting this time seems much more effortless and natural?

I have often heard that my acting was a bit much. So this time, I wanted to look like I wasn’t acting. I tried hard to throw away [what was unnecessary]. I wanted to show the audience the very core of my acting so that I could show some new and fun elements to the audience.

What was the first dream you had that pushed you to where you are now?

Frankly speaking, I started acting because I wanted to become a celebrity. I liked how people passing by recognize me, and I wanted to get fame. But as I observed throughout my career, I started to realize that I need to become an actor, not a star, to continue to survive in the entertainment industry. I realized that when I was playing a rich kid who felt lost on the TV drama “What Happened in Bali” (2004).

Do you think you know what acting is now?

It’s like getting out of the frying pan into the fire. As I feel I just came over one hurdle, there are bunch other actors who are so talented who come onto the scene. I try to get myself together as I see them working.

What kind of actor do you want to be?

That is up to the public to decide. If I start to question why people out there don’t get to see all the efforts I put in to achieve the dream I had, I won’t be able to sleep at night (laughs). I just live thinking I live today the same as yesterday and try to hold me tight so that I won’t get distracted. Acting takes up a very big part of my life, but that doesn’t mean that I’m no one without an acting career.

BY JANG SUNG-RAN [summerlee@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 1

"The King" 2 million audiences in just 6 days, Jo In-seong, Jeong Woo-seong, Bae Seong-woo and Ryu Jun-yeol

photo812142.jpg

"The King" broke through 2 million audiences.

According to the Korean Film Council, "The King" drew in about 2 million audiences until the 23rd. The accumulated number is estimated to be 2,016,556.

This record is faster than the record set by "Ode to My Father" and "Masquerade".

"The King" casts Jo In-Seong, Jeong Woo-seong, Bae Seong-woo and Ryu Jun-yeol as well as director Han Jae-rim expressed their gratitude through pictures.

Meanwhile, "The King" is about Park Tae-soo (Jo In-Seong) who wants to live a fancy life, doing just that under Han Kang-sik (Jeong Woo-seong) who created his own power.

photo812143.jpg

Source : www.newspim.com/news/...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 2

Top 10 Famous and Most Handsome Korean Actors In 2017

For some reason, Korean culture has disseminated across the globe. “Hallyu” (Korean flow) started with Korean soap operas, or telenovelas, with their absurdly serious drama and stern faced dads. South Korea has turned into a net exporter of culture, along the likes of Japan, the UK, and even the US. Social networks and video sharing such as YouTube have made such bleed-over much more easy. This wave has culminated in Psy’s hit single, “Gangam Style”.

Korea is a popular entertainment hub, liked for the thrilling movies, sitcoms, and television dramas that its actors have produced over the years. It also has delicious cuisine, a loving population, and is currently home to some of the most handsome men in East Asia. Judging by their physical looks, charm, personality, and fame, here are our picks for the top 10 famous and most handsome Korean actors in 2017:

(skipped unrelated.....)

10. Jo In Sung

Jo In Sung

Born on July 28, 1981, Jo In Sung is a popular 33-year-old South Korean actor. People love him for his stellar looks, acting skills, and charisma on set. Since his debut in the entertainment industry many years ago, he has won lead roles in popular television series such as What Happened in Bali (2004), a Frozen Flower (2008), and recently The Wind Blows (2013). His looks and ability to connect with fans well have also won him lead roles in films and television commercials in East Asia. Jo In Sung studied at Chunnam Techno and Dongguk Universities. He has won several awards and nominations for awards for his invaluable contribution in the Korean entertainment industry.

source : https://www.ibest9.com/top-10-famous-and-most-handsome-korean-actors/

Jo In Sung Admits He Dreams Of Getting Married Early, Describes His Ideal Type

jo in sung

Jo In Sung described his ideal type and shared his dream of getting married soon on “Entertainment Weekly”!

On the January 28 broadcast of the KBS2 show, the stars of the movie “The King,” Jo In Sung, Jung Woo Sung, and Bae Sung Woo, appeared as guests.

During the show, the host brought out sign boards with statements the actors made in past interviews, including one by Jo In Sung where he had said, “My ideal type is a gentle woman.”

jo in sung bae sung woo jung woo sung

Jo In Sung then explained, “While there are people who you just intuitively find beautiful right away, there are those who you may not really notice at first, but seem like gentle women the more you talk to them.”

When asked who they think will get married first among them, Bae Sung Woo chose Jo In Sung. He revealed, “He has a desire to get married quickly,” to which Jo In Sung simply said, “Yes,” and nodded in agreement.

Source (1) / soompi news

Jung Woo Sung’s Fan Cracks Jo In Sung Up With Her Hilariously Honest Opinion Of Him

Jo In Sung

On the January 28 episode of KBS’s “Entertainment Weekly,” Bae Sung Woo, Jo In Sung, and Jung Woo Sung appear on the “Guerilla Date” segment to promote their new movie, “The King.”

Jung Woo Sung Jo In Sung Bae Sung Woo

During the Guerilla Date, fans of the actors who had tickets to see the movie were invited to talk with the actors. One of the fans selected was a huge fan of Jung Woo Sung and even carried a sign that said “Face genius Jung Woo Sung,” a reference to the actor’s good looks. When asked to choose between Jung Woo Sung and Jo In Sung, she chose Jung Woo Sung almost before the reporter had finished the question.

Jung Woo Sung

However, when the reporter asked what she thought of Jo In Sung, the fan cracked both actors up by saying simply, “He’s the guy that my friend likes.”

Jo In Sung then good-humoredly thanked the girl’s friend, who appeared to be standing off-camera.

Source (1) / soompi news

Ha Ji Won Reveals Which Former Co-Star She’d Like To Work With Again

ha ji won

Ha Ji Won recently shared that she would love the opportunity to act opposite her “What Happened In Bali” co-star Jo In Sung.

The topic came up during a televised interview for the January 28 episode of KBS2’s “Entertainment Weekly.”

“We were really young when we acted together,” the actress said, adding that this time around, she would like to star with him in a melodrama that is a little more mature.

When the reporter teased her about wanting to do yet another melodrama, Ha Ji Won playfully said, “Melodramas are great, aren’t they?”

what happens in bali

“What Happened In Bali” was a 2004 romantic drama that earned the stars Best Actor and Best Actress at the 40th Baeksang Arts Awards. The drama also starred So Ji Sub and Park Ye Jin.

Meanwhile, later in the interview, the actress joked, “While God gave me my health and talent, he certainly didn’t give me parking skills.”

Source (1)(2) / soompi news

• Like 3

***  "The King," which premiered on the same day as "Confidential Assignment," starring HyunBin fell to No. 2 with 1.2 million moviegoers. The movie had ranked No. 1 last week. The film exceeded the 4 million milestones on the last day of the four-day holiday, according to its domestic distributor, New Entertainment World.:lol:

Jo In Sung Expresses His Love For “The King” Co-Star Ryu Jun Yeol

jo in sung ryu jun yeol 2

Jo In Sung revealed how much he cares for his junior and “The King” co-star Ryu Jun Yeol.

According to Sports Seoul, Jo In Sung made a surprise appearance at an interview with Ryu Jun Yeol. He told Ryu Jun Yeol, “I really like you,” and began to explain why.

He said, “Ryu Jun Yeol rose to stardom step by step, experiencing the growing pains that accompany that process. During that time, he hasn’t lost his unique identity as actor Ryu Jun Yeol.”

Jo In Sung then gave his own insight into what makes Ryu Jun Yeol special.

“In the past, quite a few people debuted like Ryu Jun Yeol, gathering experience through theatricals or part-time jobs and then naturally entering the movie industry. Or there were cases like me, where people started off with an agency,” he began.

“But the world has changed. It’s natural for idols become actors, and the way people debut has changed. That’s why Ryu Jun Yeol’s energy is special. His entrance to stardom wasn’t quick, but his advantage is that he has kept working at it without resting,” said Jo In Sung, complimenting Ryu Jun Yeol’s consistent efforts.

Meanwhile, “The King” shares the story of Tae Soo (played by Jo In Sung), who dreams of wielding absolute power. He meets Han Gang Sik (played by Jung Woo Sung), a man who can plan his way to authority, and together they make their way to the throne.

Source (1) / soompi news

Watch: “The King” Cast Celebrates 4 Million Tickets Sold With Hilarious Dance Video

the king

The leading men of crime thriller “The King” really know how to get down!

After selling more than 4 million tickets, “The King” fulfilled their promise to the fans and released a funny dance video starring actors Jung Woo Sung, Jo In Sung, and Bae Sung Woo.

The video, which was released online on January 30, featured the three stars staying in character as powerful career men. As the people around them waved pom-poms and popped champagne bottles, the actors maintained serious faces as they let loose to “Nan” by 90s K-pop group Clone.

Apparently, the actors put a lot of work into their performance. In the beginning of the video, each one talked about the effort they put into making it. “I can’t dance,” Jo In Sung shyly admitted. “I practiced dancing with Bae Sung Woo for about a month!” “I studied dancing. I wanted to dance really well,” Jung Woo Sung added with a hilarious amount of passion.

However, Bae Sung Woo brought a different amount of confidence to the table. “I’m an awesome dancer, of course,” he jokingly bragged.

Video here : https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/31/watch-king-cast-celebrates-4-million-tickets-sold-hilarious-dance-video/

Source (1) soompi news

• Like 1

Watch: Jo In Sung And Jung Woo Sung Makes A Lucky Fan’s Year With Cutest Fan Service Ever

jo in sung-jung woo sung

Actors Jo In Sung and Jung Woo Sung are drawing attention for their thoughtful fan service that just might count as one of the cutest ever!

On January 30, a video posted on Twitter was making its rounds on the Internet from a VIP showing of “The King,” a film starring the two talented actors. A fan attending the screening had been holding on to a friend’s phone with one hand while taking pictures with a camera with the other hand. When the fan accidentally dropped the phone, it was picked up by none other than Jo In Sung!

Jo In Sung then proceeded to pretend like he was putting the phone into his pocket, as onlookers laughed. He was about to return the phone to the owner when Jung Woo Sung took the phone from him and took a selfie with Jo In Sung on the phone!

Posting the video taken by another person right next to them, the fan commented, “My hands are still shaking…I feel like I’ve used up all my luck for the year.”

Check out the adorable fan service below!

Source (1) / soompi news