Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "It's Okay, That's Love" Episode 1

photo464526.jpg

To the uninitiated viewer, the initial events of "It's Okay, That's Love" will probably come off as pretty scatalogical. We get a prison, a giant massive party, what looks like the set for some kind of commercial, a hospital, and finally, a television variety show, all of this before the drama's even had much of a chance to explain what's actually going on. It's not literally a commercial, by the way. That was just an assumption I made based on how sexily that particular scene was shot.

But then, really, the entire drama's pretty clearly intended to be sexy. "It's Okay, That's Love" is about the hot steamy world of being a mental health services professional. That's not a sentence I ever expected to write. The entire idea just sounds so bizarrely absurd. Yet I can think of no other interpretation under which the background of this drama makes any sense. Everybody here is just so cool.

Yes, that's right, cool. Not silly, not weird, cool. That's the first of many problems with this drama that prove worrisome. As ridiculous as the premise sounds, everyone is playing the idea totally straight. People are asking for autographs at the end of the taping. Or was it live? But who runs live broadcasts of variety shows about boring professional stuff in the middle of the night? Or taped ones for that matter?

Technical problems like this might be more forgivable if there was any reason to like either of the leads, yet the drama's insufficient in that department as well. Jae-yeol (played by Jo In-Seong) is smart and bossy. Hae-soo (played by Kong Hyo-jin)...is also smart and bossy. Truthfully, I'm hard-pressed to come up with a difference between their characters aside from the fact that we see Jae-yeol has a bit more showmanship. Even their mentally challenged family members just give these two the same proximate flavor.

Worse than that, though, there's almost no chemistry that I can see. They have an uninspiring encounter at the TV show, and circumstance forces them together for a car chase. Yes, that's right, in addition to everything else mental health service professionals apparently have to engage in car chases, like they were cops or something. I don't know what the train of logic for this drama is supposed to be. All I know so far is that I really don't like anything about it, and the best I can hope for is that the next episode doesn't manage to be worse than this one.

Review by William Schwartz

"It's Okay, That's Love" is directed by Kim Kyoo-tae, written by Noh Hee-kyeong and features Jo In-Seong, Kong Hyo-jin, Seong Dong-il and Lee Gwang-soo.

Kong Hyo-jin, "Jo In-seong's nose poked my eye"

photo464383.jpg

Kong Hyo-jin mentioned kissing Jo In-Seong.

On the SBS TV show "TV News At Night", Jo In-Seong said he was squeezing his feet really hard in the provocative poster. Seong Dong-il said, "I bet his feet are sleeping but he can't say so".

Kong Hyo-jin said, "We shot a lot of kiss scenes and they weren't bad".

"Jo In-Seong's nose poked my eye every time we tried a kiss scene" and Jo In-Seong said, "I can't help it although I try to lower my nose".

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

Translation : Hancinema

Thanks @willenette for the posts and the review.  Hmmm, okay, so IOTL didn't get a great review BUT honestly there are so many movies and TV shows that are very precious to me (which were criticised) that I'm just going to ignore that review and wait until I see the show myself and then I will make up my own mind.  Plus I can already anticipate that regardless of how writer Noh will handle some of the mental health problems in the show - she will also be criticised for it (and the actors will also cop it for how they portray people with these problems).  For some viewers nothing will ever be good enough. 
As far as I am concerned if IOTL can make me laugh or make me forget about my day to day problems I will consider it a success :)
It's early days yet.... fingers crossed.

Just watched the first episode, JIS as usual is super gorgeous. The episode was going on smoothly until the last part. I don't know if its just me, but I do find some silly scenes like the fact that the character of GHJ's doesn't seem to be thinking like a professional doctor becoz even though she knew that Jae-yeol had head injuries and she doesn't even know what is the extent of the injury he lets him chase his mental patient becoz she was afraid the mental patient might cause an accident to other people or to himself but how about letting someone who has an head injury and was bleeding, drive. What if Jae-yeol collapsed or died becoz of loss of blood, isn't that the height of foolishness?

Another thing is the scene wherein Hae-soo checks on Jae-yeol head injury, she asked Jae-yeol to sit down (though I saw him kneel down) but why does she have to make him lean his head against her lower body when the best thing to check his head injury is to go behind him.  Why does she have to use her undershirt as an improvised bandage when she has already worn that undershirt the whole day perspiring and everything, as a doctor didn't Hae-soo thought that it might even infect Jae-yeol's head wound? I find these scenes trying desperately to make an effort to create an intimacy between the main characters and giving an excuse for Hae-soo to show some skin. Maybe Writer Noh forgot that paramedics were there earlier, why didn't Hae-soo had Jae-yeol treated by them and her sudden fainting made it more the worst. Why didn't she had first aid applied to her too when she already felt pain on her left arm or better yet they both should have rode on the ambulance for first aid treatments.

For me the saving grace of this episode is the scene between JIS's character and that of Kyung Soo's character. There is some enigma to it which make me feel melancholic. It was observed by some viewers that Kyung Soo's character is Jae-yeol's alter ego, I somewhat believe that too (noticed that they have reddish ears) which makes me more interested on how this story would unfold.  I can't really pinpoint it but that rest room scene between JIS and Kyung Soo was very touching. They both have very expressive eyes, it seems like Jae-yeol was looking into his struggling painful past.

And of course PD Kim's scenic shot at the end of the episode is really breathtaking. But I'm hopeful IOTL will get better :)

Guest beckieisback

i need your help
where can i watch epi 2 of it's okay it's love? i usually go to drama.net, but they haven't got epi 2.
Need to watch it today because i have holidays a week ahead and won't be able to touch internet :D

*** I watched the 1st EP and I loved it! It opened being him as a DJ to a club. She's funny - commenting like "Jo In Sung's nose can poke me anytime.." Hahaha - Well, I won't mind if it's Jo In sung! I bet a lot of fangirls would want to get their eyes poked by Jo In Sung's nose. "It's Okay, That's Love", fighting!  L-)

Gong Hyo Jin kiss and tells about her romance scenes with Jo In Sung

Gong Hyo Jin did some kiss and tell about her romantic scenes with Jo In Sung on 'It's Okay, That's Love', revealing that she got poked in the eye by Jo In Sung's nose!

ADVERTISEMENT

On the July 23rd broadcast of 'One Night of TV Entertainment', the reporter asked the costars about the steamy poster for the drama, "When you film [a poster] like this, how do the actors feel?" Gong Hyo Jin shared, "We shot that after filming a lot of kiss scenes," and Jo In Sung finished her sentence, "We were able to film it comfortably."

When asked, "Don't kiss scenes feel different depending on the co-star? So how was it?" Gong Hyo Jin revealed an unexpected "inconvenience" when it came to kissing a handsome co-star with sharp features by sharing, "Whenever we film kiss scenes, his nose is so high it kept poking my eye." Jo In Sung wittily responded, "That day, I lowered my nose a bit, but it still [poked her]."

Did you watch the premiere of 'It's Okay, That's Love'?

source : allkpop

Guest marikolah

His nose really was poking her eye! So funny.
3H37dtG.jpg

I think i'm going to have to join you guys more often here. I'm pretty sure I have become captivated by this beautiful man.

@marikolah said:  "I think i'm going to have to join you guys more often here. I'm pretty sure I have become captivated by this beautiful man." 
Yes please @Marikolah - with comments like these we will always welcome you with open arms :).  And thanks for that lovely pic - I can't take my eyes off it :) .. (I know that's very shallow of me lol).
@willennette - well said about JIS's nose and fangirls lol... you made me laugh girl :).  Personally, I never thought he has a big nose - it's proportional to his face and besides I think he has a very uniquely shaped nose which I believe gives him the added advantage of having a very distinctly different right and left profile (which I have seen utilised by different Directors in close ups & photoshoots etc).  I wouldn't usually comment about JIS's features like that but GHJ started it lol...

Guest Jocelyn Chow

Hi,..@marikolah..,so nice see u,welcome to Jis's thread too.. :x >:D<.. these scenes really funny,Jis really poked Ghj's eyes..ha.. ha.. :) X_X 8-> but both of them so romance.. :\"> 8->

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi everyone @jadecloud posted this translations in the It's Okay, That's Love thread. It's an interview. Please click on it to view the interview.

Translation credits to @jadecloud

5jnvgXv.jpg

Guest timi163

I think the English translation of the press interview got lost somewhere...it wasn't  ''BIG Nose".., it's translated as ''HIGH Nose""...  :x... Jo in sung still has the most perfect  natural nose in Kdrama land.  :x And he is a year older today.(korea time) ..Happy Birthday Insung!.."

I think the English translation of the press interview got lost somewhere...it wasn't  ''BIG Nose".., it's translated as ''HIGH Nose""...  :x... Jo in sung still has the most perfect  natural nose in Kdrama land.  :x

And he is a year older today.(korea time) ..Happy Birthday Insung!.."

I 200% agree with you @timi163 yup "high-bridged natural nose" and if I may add I think JIS has the most perfect profile in KDrama :x

Guest crazywindblower

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO IN SUNG OPPA!!!!! <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P :-* :x 8->

May God always shower you with more blessings and good health.. :) Always stay handsome, gentleman, lovable, adorable, amazing, funny and cute. :) :x

I hope and wish jis is spending his birthday with his family and friends and shk unnie (as i am o2 couple shipper, hope its okay, kekeke) with a blast! :D