[drama 2009] The City Hall 시티홀

Guest *alodia*

Guest theatre

I just watched 20 episodes in 3 days! If it weren't for my lagging internet I could probably have finished it in 2 lol. I'm so happy that I decided to watch this because it is the greatest drama ever! Seriously, I don't think anything can even come close to City Hall, except MNIKSS. :P The chemistry between KSA and CSW is amazing.

Actually, I kind of regret watching it because now I'm going to compare every single drama that I watch to City Hall and am going to be so disappointed when it doesn't even compare!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which was the DVD you're talking about? Is it the YA Entertainment version or the director's cut? :) I'm planning to buy the DVD (I have someone who's willing to sell her director's cut *__* but if the subs aren't as good as B.O.N's then I might pass) since I loved City Hall too. :D

I got the directors cut from the public library in NY and watched it but I didn't like the subs, I think that they americanized if there is such a word, the subs is like they make the lines simpler so it loses the meaning... I don't know if you get what I am trying to say but they use a lot of one liners... I translate for viki into spanish and when I do I try to find the better ways to say what the English version is saying or means to say but when you read the official translation from dvd's they adjust the language as if they are talking to two year olds and not adults. That is why I prefer the subs made by fans than by the official dvd's I still bought it since I love this drama and I wanted in everysingle version but I always go back to watch the vids with the BON Subs.

@Alodia

Do you know the official forum for SunAh's new drama I can't find it here in soompi... I am dying for July to come and enjoy it. I am enjoying CSW's new drama it is good mainly because he is good in dramas and in comedies.

:w00t:

Guest *alodia*

@Alodia

Do you know the official forum for SunAh's new drama I can't find it here in soompi... I am dying for July to come and enjoy it. I am enjoying CSW's new drama it is good mainly because he is good in dramas and in comedies.

:w00t:

Her new drama hasn't been confirmed yet, thus no thread yet... >.<

I'm also enjoying CSW's new drama... but I hate the fact that he looks very Jo Guk there. But he is good nonetheless. :)

Guest *alodia*

☆ Sunny's Happy Home ☆

KIM SUN AH's Official FACEBOOK page

is officially open!

http://www.facebook.com/OfficialKimSunA

520x3000copy.jpg

Don't forget to click the LIKE button!

NOTE: Kim Sun Ah's official Facebook Page is maintained by her agency. Information, event details, videos and photos were mostly provided by the agency. However postings marked "sunny" were written and uploaded by Kim Sun Ah personally. There is also an album named "^^I'm Sunny^^" where she will be posting messages and photos.

----------------------------------

Facebook Project 2011:

Happy Birthday Kim Suna

We are pleased to announce that we are currently preparing something special for Kim Suna's birthday on October 1st.

bdayprojectteaser.jpg

We are inviting all soompi fans of Kim Suna to join us!

We are looking forward to your participation!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_188694501177969

I see a lot of familiar names here!

Helloooooooo!

I was forced, I tell you FORCED by antonia to make a City Hall fanvid.

Feel like making love to CSW 

This was probably the warmest I have ever been making a fanvid.

I've watched THAT kiss, oh about 14,000 times and it still gets me.

How did i force you??? by remembering you how awesome CSW and City Hall is? then i will force you more cause i totally love your mvs and there are lots of scenes that you didn't use. I want more!!!!!! sorry for abusing you:blush:. but it's all your fault you made an amazing mv!!!!

thank you So Much:D

Guest *alodia*

I know I'm one month late... but nonetheless...

Happy 2nd Anniversary City Hallers!!!

April 29, 2009

And I made an MV to celebrate it.

:wub:

God knows how much I've missed making City Hall MVs! This one is kinda simple though. I made it in a rush and my software is kinda acting up a bit too. But I enjoyed making this one. I used to make sad ones, don't I?

God knows how much I've missed fellow City Hallers! How have you been guys? familiar names still passing by once in a while. Glad to see new names too. Hi everyone!

God knows how much I've missed City Hall. :( I must watch it again before our school semester starts.

----------------------

I feel bad I can't edit the first page anymore. After the big soompi revamp, the codes are all messed up and it would take me forever if I want to edit the first page once again. Sadly (unless some miracle happens), I would have to leave it as it is. Sorry guys. No updates on the first page anymore, but at least it somehow freezes the wonderful time we've had.

* Ooops! I still owe you some subbing works, don't I? ^_^ will try my best to squeeze them in on my crazy schedule.

Guest *alodia*

Former SG Wannabe member Chae Dong Ha commits suicide

Chae Dong Ha - the singer of Smile (웃어봐) in City Hall OST

x1j24y.jpg

NEWS LINK

In memory of Chae Dong Ha...

... thank you for giving us a lovely song.

Former SG Wannabe member Chae Dong Ha commits suicide

Chae Dong Ha - the singer of Smile (웃어봐) in City Hall OST

*quoted image*

NEWS LINK

In memory of Chae Dong Ha...

... thank you for giving us a lovely song.

Smile such a wonderful and happy song!!!! I loved it and I still do...

I felt so bad cause he committed suicide being so young it is sad to lose all your hope at a young age there is nothing after it is gone we are left with only one option death. I can't stand some of the comments on the page that announced his death some girls were like why did he do that if he had so much, or where is all his money, or others creating rumours about someone who can't defend himself anymore, the truth is that nothing in the outside can fill the emptiness in your heart so for that I feel sadden. I understand that a lot of young girls in that page couldn't get it but I am so sorry for him and others that opt to do the same thing he did.

Chae Don Ha Rest in Peace your music will live forever.

OMG 2d anniversary of CH. i only came to watch CH this year but it stole my heart forever. best drama ever!!! and i'm so happy to read the writer of CH saying lots of people are watching CH now, because of Jo Guk's Best Love.

and that's true because i'm watching City Hall again (my 4th time):rolleyes:

i'm also sad to read about the "smile" singer suicide.. he looks so young. smile is my fave song from the ost. it never fails to put a smile on my face... and now this

i'm a day late but any way i want to say Happy Bithday to my Jo Guk in this thread

생일 축하합니다  !!!!!!:wub:

Finally i want to say this thread is awesome... so well done!!!! thank you Alodia for your hard and great work!!!!

Guest Fabmari

Halo all, 

This is the first time I drop a message in this thread although I have been dropping by for the past year (Yes, even after City Hall has its second birthday...I still miss it sometimes). I love everyone's comments here and so many photos, MVs and all. 

I love Alodia and team's director's cut. Laugh so much and so good to see them again. Hopefully you will have time to continue part 2 and the rest. :D

It is my favorite kdrama ever, and I doubt any drama can earn my love so much. I rewatch it 6 or 7 times. My husband could only shake his head and said "Crazy. How can anyone watch the same thing over and over again". 

I so wish that I have Mirae's bravery, direct, cheerful attitude, and never give up attitude. I love that everytime they fall, all characters would only willow it for a moment and stood up again. 

We can fall, we can cry, we can feel hopeless, but after every morning is a new beginning.

Cityhaller forever! wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Guest ember880222

Cityhall8.JPG

Damn miss this couple.... Hope we can watch them act as couple again in the future.... Must be a nice drama with their acting.....^^

Cityhall6.JPG

can someone please upload the softsubs for this?

have searched and searched but have come up with nothing... have just watched this after having been introduced to CSW thru Best Love, and I must say I love it more than coffee prince. The hardsubbed video is great, but watching the 450p raw version is so much better...

have noticed that there are plenty of requests for this as well... some kind soul, please send a link....

Guest *alodia*

can someone please upload the softsubs for this?

have searched and searched but have come up with nothing... have just watched this after having been introduced to CSW thru Best Love, and I must say I love it more than coffee prince. The hardsubbed video is great, but watching the 450p raw version is so much better...

have noticed that there are plenty of requests for this as well... some kind soul, please send a link....

You won't be able to find any softsubs. No on has uploaded the softsubs because there are NO SOFTSUBS for this drama. Sorry.

Hi City Hallers!

Like many of you, I am watching CSW's current drama, Greatest Love, and I have to admit I'm a little annoyed that it is getting better ratings than City Hall did, LOL - because I feel that City Hall was a much better drama. Here's a few general things that I think City Hall did "better":

- CSW's Rachel tattoo - you see it a lot in Greatest Love, and it always pulls me right out of the drama because I immediately think of his daughter. City Hall did it better, by either intentionally or unintentionally not showing it.

- Kim Sun Ah. Gong Hyu-jin in Greatest Love does wonderfully with bright, perky, cheerful and determined, and she cries quite ptifully, but I am not getting any fear, any longing, any deeper or darker emotions out of her. Kim Sun Ah, you had the feeling that she had thrown all of herself into that part. Even dramabeans recap mentions the feeling that CSW is carrying this relationship single-handedly. CSW and Kim Sun Ah matched better in terms of intensity.

- Side characters. Both dramas have side characters played for laughs and/or side characters who must carry plotlines, but I just felt that I knew the side characters in City Hall better; I knew what they were going to do and why, because they were more fleshed-out as people. And of course, Greatest Love lacks the amazing villian - an actor that I can't see in any other drama without cringing!

- Believable romance development. In both stories, CSW initially dislikes the heroine, who is beneath him socially, financially, and in terms of manners and prestige. City Hall did a great job of showing how CSW's opinion slowly changes over time, and how chemistry plays a huge part (tango scene!). Maybe because Greatest Love is shorter, CSW seems to fall more immediately, and less believably, for the heroine. He "just likes her," and there isn't a lot of reasons given, nor is the chemistry shown very well in the beginning episodes. I know Hong sisters' forte is laughs, not romance, but it feels too cartoonish.

Just my thoughts...

p.s. I have the deluxe boxed edition of City Hall, and I still go back to the online version - because BON subs are SO MUCH BETTER. Whoever did the "official" subs could take a few lessons. Especially in a show like City Hall, it is worth it for the nuance, the added detail...BON rocks.

Guest rockmelon123

anybody looking to sell their copy of the limited edition director's cut DVD?

please contact me via pm or leave a message here.

thank you!

was rewatching this drama with my friend who's watching it for the first time....

i just cannot stop thinking how great the drama is, really the best i think Korean drama has to offer.

wonder how many of you here watched Greatest Love because of CSW, but really, Greatest Love falls short of City Hall by so so much, just my two cents worth...not in terms of CSW's acting (which was still fantabulous as usual), but the chemistry between the leads was totally MIA in GL...

i remember when CSW went to Taiwan to promote City Hall, he mentioned that they are looking at making a season 2....

wonder if there's any progress on that....if only there's a way to let kim eun sook writer know....

- Believable romance development. In both stories, CSW initially dislikes the heroine, who is beneath him socially, financially, and in terms of manners and prestige. City Hall did a great job of showing how CSW's opinion slowly changes over time, and how chemistry plays a huge part (tango scene!). Maybe because Greatest Love is shorter, CSW seems to fall more immediately, and less believably, for the heroine. He "just likes her," and there isn't a lot of reasons given, nor is the chemistry shown very well in the beginning episodes. I know Hong sisters' forte is laughs, not romance, but it feels too cartoonish.

Sorry to cut your post. If you read CSW's interview on how DKJ likes AJ.

Quote dramabeans:

“At first, I think it’s sympathy. After seeing Ae-jung trying to work hard at something, without realizing it he feels pity for her. That leads to interest, and that leads him to seeing her positive traits, and that leads him to see her as a woman, which develops into romantic feelings. At first he really disliked her, but after several encounters, she doesn’t seem like a bad person, and the sight of her working as diligently and sincerely as she can stirs his feelings.”

But I'm gonna say CSW's best partner so far is KSA. It feels like they're fated for each other. XD

Guest rayrui

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know where can I catch this drama with eng subs?

Other than mysoju, is there any other sites that I can watch online? :)

Thank You.

(:

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know where can I catch this drama with eng subs?

Other than mysoju, is there any other sites that I can watch online? :)

Thank You.

(:

hey rayrui, you can trying streaming the drama here - http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/city-hall-episode-list/

there are quite a few options but not sure if they're all working.

but if u have the time and internet speed to download, i recommend that's what u do cos it's definitely worth it!

enjoy~

Archived