[movie 2006] Arang 아랑

Guest shiverbaby

It's a little confusing..but i thought SYA is cool in this movie..I like her character and Lee Dong Wook is an eye candy..above all it's alot better than A.P.T.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched the movie with my man as I thought it would be too scary to watch it myself. I am a big fan of SYA which was the main reason I watched the movie. It turned out to be quite okay. However, I am still confused with: 1) the painting; 2) what happened to the guy who raped Mi Yeon; 3) LDW ended up the killer and would be going to jail?.... :sweatingbullets:

1. No idea I am confuse about the painting too ! I don't understand what painting that they're talking about ..is it the mother-child painting or the salthouse painting on the website ???

2. No idea too so the ghost came out from the PC right ...to avenge for Mi Yeon !? Meaning that there's a real ghost that exist

3. LDW is the killer for all the 4 person but he did not end up going to jail coz he commit suicide and died

• 1 month later...

I just finished watching this movie.. it's like 1:36AM now.. lol. Hopefully I don't have any dreams/nightmares about this. This movie didn't scare me, but then, usually my dreams/nightmares about movies scare me a lot more. My imagination. lol

Lee Dong Wook is so hot in this movie. Too bad he had to die. Actually towards to the beginning part of the movie I thought what if Hyun Ki really did kill those guys? And it turned out to be true lol.

I have to agree with roddy's posts on the previous page. This movie certainly does make me think. ^^

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone! *wave*

i've seen Arang, My Girl and Hanoi Bride so now im completely convinced that Lee Dong Wook can do any role :)

at first i thought Arang was a straight up horror film... turns out it's a sad love story (well sort of hehe :blush: )

i liked it... havent gotten tired watching it over and over again. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fieryheart

ARANG is going to hit the cinemas in Malaysia starting 14 December.However,this movie can only be viewed by people of 18 years old and above.

yay! i finally watched Arang! Lee Dong Wook was fantastic in this movie..actually, im not 18 yet hehe..just 14. bcoz of that, i couldn't watch it in the cinemas. i had to buy the fake cd instead. im so sorry to the people out there who think its really bad to buy fake cds!! i couldn't help myself.. dong wook oppa is HOT!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mintoro

I just watched the movie just now... and watched with some fangirls (i dunno them) sitting behind me... which really makes me wanna wacked them LOL... coz when the 1st scene Dong Wook oppa came out... they're like "awhhhh it's him!!!" I mean please... can u dun bring ur fangirls attitude to the cinema... and it's not a romantic movie or whatever... gosh this is so annoying...

ok comment about the movie... honestly it's not scary but I really like the story. But a little bit confusing, I've read the posts in this thread, some solve my question. BUt about Arang is the name of an official's daughter who got raped and killled?... old legend story? is it the one Kim Ock Bin met or what? or it's another movie?

rmb SoYoung foudn something in that dog's dead body?? what's that and what happened to that then?? and the guy from last scene... ow did u all know it's the rapist who raped soyoung? did he showed his scar on the hand??? hahhaa i din see it... maybe im blind... but my frens din see it too...

hope someone can help meee

Guest renni72

Hi Mintoro

SoYoung found a 6mm tape without a casing inside the dead dog. Rmb the next scene showed them watching a "badly filmed" rape scene with Minjung and the 4 boys?

Kim Ok Bin met the ghosts of the saltern. The ghost was of a mother and her daughter who were Minjung and her "unborn" baby. Actually Minjung did "give birth" to the baby because at the end, the doctor did explain that the gases in a dead body would have pushed out the unborn baby over time and when Soyoung saw the body of the baby outside Mijung's dead body at the saltern, she cried so sorrowfully.

In essence, LDW was the murderer as he seeked to avenge Minjung as well as to redeem himself for what happened on that fateful night when he was there, he filmed the rape and for a moment, he was sadistic about it as he was jealous when he recalled an earlier scene where he witnessed Minjung and Juno making love in the saltern.

The nervine pills Kim Dongmin took made him hallucinate. He hallucinated at the holiday house and killed his wife....all the time when he was killing his wife, he thought he was fighting the ghost!

What I could not understand was the last scene though. Initially I thought it was Soyoung's rapist but I did not see the scar either so who was he???

Yes, the movie was kinda complicating and kept me thinking about the motive and after the motive was revealed, I tried to recollect how each of the men was murdered......

• 8 months later...
Guest ilovesongyoona

I will probably never see this movie because I do not want to see Song Yun Ah die. And If she doesn't, then let me know on my profile because I would hate to spoil the film for everybody else.

I don't care if it's acting! If anything happens to her, I will break down and cry like a little bee-otch! :tears:

• 7 months later...
Guest Greener

The first horror film of Lee Dong Wook. it's hardly scary but i like story that i can't guess.I like LDW and SYA.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest StarringMe

does anyone know where i can get the piano sheet for Arang's Ost specifically Hom Pe I Ji (Piano version)? it is so pretty yet creepy.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived