- Convinced the shotgun(s) is the be all end all

- Uses the Shotgun at long range

- Thinks peeling zombies off you with the shotgun is a good idea

- Usually likes to stand in the back

Petey Pyro:

- Doesn't know what a pipebomb is

- Shoots every gas tank / explosive as soon as it's in sight

- Thinks Molotovs are useful when someone is "boomed on"

- (duffdaddy67) Thinks throwing a Molotov on downed survivor with zombies swarming him is the ONLY way to save him

Ricky Rambo:

- Runs ahead of the pack no doubt trying to race to Zombie Genocide

- Complains when he gets jumped by a Zombie Special

- Usually also a Shotgun Sally

- (Disodium) Upon death proceeds to abuse team about how noob they are for not keeping up

- (MWM|Talon) Always rushes the people in the lobby, even if there is only you and him

Health Pack Harry:

- Never shares pills and/or health packs

- Heals himself from yellow health whilst you stand there with red health

- Sometimes a Ricky Rambo

Wally Witch B♥T♥H:

- Must disturb the witch

- MUST

- Does not know the essence of stealth

- Will never get "Do Not Disturb"

Car Alarm Carl:

- Shoots the car alarm... everytime

- Will run back from the safe room, just to shoot the car on the apartments map

- Almost always a Wally Witch B♥T♥H: as well

Stu Spammy Spam:

- Doesn't know you can turn off the mic once it's been turned on in the lobby

- Plays music in game

- Doesn't hear your pleas to turn off the mic over his own mic spam

- Generally a young male who has not hit puberty yet

- (XM20k) Offenses increase in direct relation to their alcohol consumption

Norman No-Melee:

- Prefers to shoot the Smoker / Hunter that's got you pinned, even tho he's standing right next to you

- When told meleeing is faster, will argue to the death you're wrong

- Almost always in the "dedicated to" category

- Jumps out in the open after being "boomed over" versus finding a corner

- Requires the most healing indirectly making him a Health Pack Harry

- Almost always a Shotgun Sally

Schoolmaster Steve: (Zombie Pawn)

- Bosses his fellow gamers around in-game because he perceives everyone else as a stupid pupil (i.e., newb) who isn't taking the game seriously

- When not playing the game, he is writing long forum postings on how other players are stupid and/or publishes various "Survival Guides for Newbs"

- Like a boss zombie, generally ruins the game for everyone else

Pistol Pump Petey: (Gunner_Guardian)

- Always uses a pump shotgun and never an autoshottie

- OR Always uses pistols because he "looks cool"

- Has trouble understanding why tanks, witchs, all special infected keep killing him.

Take my Sweet A♥♥ Time Terry: (PFC Erik(music))

- Must explore every room

- Has always walk turned on because

- Can't understand why everyone is in such a rush

- (Mongis) Usually Hunter / Smoker bait

- Ricky Rambo's sworn enemy

Dancing Dan: (frederf)

- Does not know the meaning of tactical camping

- Is constantly moving

- Usually in front of your line of fire

Competitive Craig: (Stryde22)

- MUST kill the most infected

- Gets angry when he/she isnt first on the stat lists

- Weakens the AI characters so he/she can do better than them

- NEVER is greatful when someone saves them

- Always is cocky when they save someone

- Generally isnt saved when attacked by hunters, then left in every

subsequent closet

No-Knees Nobu:(Stryde22)

- Cannot grasp the idea of crouching

- Has difficulty climbing the ladders

- Will never travel to an area that involves climbing or jumping (such as

the high roof in the no mercy finale)

- Always ruins the 'safety first' runs

and last but certainly not the least

The N00B:

- Three or more of the above

*All these persons are fictional people, any real life resemblances are unintentional and completely coincidental,however, if you believe one of these characters is based off yourself, you should step up your game *

haha I hope I gave you a chuckle, if you can think of any more good ones I'll add them to the list and give credit where credit is due haha

Game On!

source: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=757758

Take my Sweet A♥♥ Time Terry: (PFC Erik(music))

- Must explore every room

- Has always walk turned on because

- Can't understand why everyone is in such a rush

- (Mongis) Usually Hunter / Smoker bait

- Ricky Rambo's sworn enemy

^ this would be me haha.

I fall somewhat into the

Pistol Pump Petey: (Gunner_Guardian)

- Always uses a pump shotgun and never an autoshottie

- OR Always uses pistols because he "looks cool"

- Has trouble understanding why tanks, witchs, all special infected keep killing him.

Although I never use the shotgun. I just like using dual pistols cause it does "look cool" lol :P and saves ammo for my uzi/m16 when swarms, witches, tanks arrive.

And hunters and smokers are always gunning for me :( roflmao :lol:

Guest aznfishyfart

anybody going to try getting the Akimbo Assassin (survive campaign using only pistols) achievement on co-op mode on anything other than easy mode? :P

Btw, is it even possible to kill a witch with a single headshot (cr0wned achievement)? I don't use the sniper rifle so I don't know.

the auto shotgun to the back of the head i think kills her in 1 hit

Guest -Theory-

the auto shotgun to the back of the head i think kills her in 1 hit

nope, u have to wait for her to get up, and stare at you, then you blast all your bullets into her brain~

Guest CK92842

Question. Those of you with a PC & 360, is it possible to play this game on PC using a wired 360 controller and if so then will the headset work as well?

Guest hungrycollegeboy

You guys gotta watch this, it's so hilarious.

Left 4 Bed

OMFG!!!!!! That was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Bill?"

"RELOADING!!"

"Aw Sh!t"

Question. Those of you with a PC & 360, is it possible to play this game on PC using a wired 360 controller and if so then will the headset work as well?

I'm sure you have your reasons, but I'm curious to know why would you want to play a fps with a controller on a PC?

or stop strafing like they're in CS or some other fps game. I've hit a couple people because they like to move sideways all the time and get into my crosshairs.

I also had one guy who kept jumping while moving. It was annoying. <_<

I tend to duck while I move and/or shoot. But I still get hit by ff as well.

damn... i gotta stop csing so much -.-

Guest CK92842

I'm sure you have your reasons, but I'm curious to know why would you want to play a fps with a controller on a PC?

Last FPS I actually sat down and went through was Doom III so that was good while. I'm more comfortable with a controller rather than a keyboard & mouse. Yes, I'm that guy. ;)

Guest res0nate

I think he's expecting some aim assist like console FPS games haha.

Guest CK92842

I think he's expecting some aim assist like console FPS games haha.

Aim assist would make sense if there was some sort of zoom in feature but L4D is all about shooting from the hip. <_<

Halo had horrid controls, a fine example of an FPS that worked well on a 360 controller would be CoD4.

By the way if aim assist was being offered then yeah I'd probably enable it. :lol:

The only reason I'm even considering to switching over to PC is the amount of compression there is on the 360 version. There are certain things you can get away with on a console but visuals like this on PC would cause an uproar in the community.

Update: Just played this on PC and it looks so much better than the 360 version it's ridiculous. It's the same game but it just looks a heckuva lot better on PC.

To those who have yet to pick this up at 3AMET Amazon is selling L4D for a mere $20.

Guest Take Five

does anyone's game ever just shut down by itself? it usually happens to me when you fight multiple mobs near the end.

i died on the steps of the boat on death toll and didn't get the achievement for it. such bs.

i hate people who won't shut up on the mic with the constant coordinating. one of them just made me nervous and i kept making dumb mistakes, including one that got us all burned to death in the end.

Guest DarkWaltz

Me and buddies played death toll on expert yesterday and finished it. ~Kinda.

HOWEVER, I swear to god I hosted the campaign in expert mode, but when we finally beat it after all the hard work, it said in the end credits-> Difficulty: Advanced.

WTF. Do you know guys know anything about it? Why the game difficulty changes like that? I heard it's to match the team's level, but if so, how can we even goddamn complete a campaign in expert?

And by the way I'm 100% positive I created the game in expert mode. I'm not crazy.

Guest res0nate

It's some stupid server side garbage. Even if you vote to switch the difficulty, I'm pretty sure you don't earn the achievement. It stops people from going from easy, then vote switching at the last second. There are a ton of problems I have with the PC version.

Didn't COD4 console have like targeting assist too? Semi-automatically locks onto the next guy when your reticule is close to him?

Guest Tonyc402

does anyone's game ever just shut down by itself? it usually happens to me when you fight multiple mobs near the end.

i died on the steps of the boat on death toll and didn't get the achievement for it. such bs.

i hate people who won't shut up on the mic with the constant coordinating. one of them just made me nervous and i kept making dumb mistakes, including one that got us all burned to death in the end.

Yeah , L4D crashed on my twice already o.O

Archived