Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone playing or played Lux-Pain?

I don't mind the readings it's just the battle/minigame/whatever it was called that I didn't like. I found it too hard/frusterating.

Nintendo to launch 3D-capable DS in 2010/11

Tue Mar 23, 8:42 AM

TOKYO (Reuters) - Nintendo Co plans to launch a new model of its DS handheld game console that allows users to play three-dimensional (3D) games without using special glasses, aiming to reinvigorate demand for the five year old machine.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Japanese company said the new portable player, tentatively named "Nintendo 3DS," will be able to play titles created for previous DS models and will be launched in the financial year starting in April.

Nintendo, which competes with Sony Corp and Microsoft Corp

in video games, declined to give details such as price and launch dates, but said more information will be announced at the E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles in June.

"This will certainly stimulate demand for the DS," Rakuten Securities analyst Yasuo Imanaka said.

"But, we need to keep in mind that this is a portable machine. If you expect the kind of full-blown 3D visuals shown on TVs or in movie theatres, you could be disappointed."

Sony plans to release 3D titles for its PlayStation 3 game console in time for the planned release of its 3D TVs in June. That game console can be upgraded to become 3D-capable using a software update.

Electronics makers and software creators have high hopes that growing interest in 3D movies, sparked by the sci-fi blockbuster "Avatar" and other recent titles, will drive sales of their 3D-capable hardware and software contents.

Nintendo has sold more than 125 million units of the DS worldwide, but the company expects unit sales of the dual-screen machine to fall 4 percent in the year ending March 31, its first ever decline in annual sales.

Ahead of the announcement, shares in Nintendo closed up 0.3 percent at 27,970 yen on Tuesday, outperforming the Nikkei average, which slid 0.5 percent.

(Reporting by Kiyoshi Takenaka; Editing by Rupert Winchester)

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/100323/...ech_us_nintendo

Nintendo unveils 3D DS

Nintendo promises its 3D console won't require glasses

Nintendo is planning a 3D version of its popular DS handheld games console.

The move is a response to the whirlwind of attention being given to 3D content and devices. Rival Sony plans to launch 3D games and TVs later this year.

Most 3D systems require users to wear special glasses but Nintendo said that its system will not need such add-ons.

Nintendo described the 3DS - as the device is likely to be called - the successor to the DS, which has sold over 125 million units worldwide.

Nintendo said that the new console will be compatible with existing games.

It said the games console will be available at some point either this year or early 2011 and promised more details at the E3 games show in June this year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8582438.stm

I personally, don't see how great it will look since the screen is so small anyways.

here is a 3D game that's available already on the DSi

Guest Ramie.v

Does anybody know how to download games for ds online for microSD supercard lite?

If so, what website can i download games from safely?

A tutorial or something is reallly appreciated :D

or, just a whole load of blab with numbers :)

THANKSS :D

Not sure if we're allowed to talk about pirating/stealing, but try this searching rom-freaks in google then click Nintendo-DS on the side.

Guest <3 Kim

I just bought Pokemon Soul Silver today :D Cost me $57aud T_____T Sold out everywhere right now, was so hard to find ><

Guest minimai<3

What is worth getting the DS Lite or DSi? ( Yea this is my 3rd time buying a nintendo ds :P )

I'd say if you want a ds just to play games on, the ds lite is a good choice. If you like the DSi's apps, like Hatena flipnote/taking pictures/connecting to the internet, then the DSi. Both can play games, but DSi would be a good pick. So, yeah, go with the DSi!

I still own my DS lite (I still love it very much), and my brother owns a DSi. Maybe in the near future, I want a DSi of my own. :lol:

Guest DoDam

What is worth getting the DS Lite or DSi? ( Yea this is my 3rd time buying a nintendo ds :P )

For me, I'd have to say I like my lite very much.

It's still a really portable machine, and the longer battery life is definitely a big plus for me.

My brother has a DSi, and the camera and recording features can only bring you so much entertainment before it gets boring. For me it was 20 minutes ~_~

The aps is what I would get the DSi for, but since I only play games on my DS. I prefer the lite.

I'm not a big fan of the battery life for the DSi, if anything you'd think the upgrade would increase battery life...

Guest Annersx3

quick question - i have a dsi, bought it the first day it came out, and got the acekard 2 to come with it. i know there's anew update for the dsi, but i heard updating will make the acekard not recognizeable. what should i do? and sometimes my acekard freezes my games which it has never done before...

Guest Demllequ

I just got a dsi and the only game I got is drawn to life its kind of cute. I'm just wondering what kind of games should I get that are cute? People have been recommending Pokemon :P .. anything else??

Is sims 3 out on ds yet?

Guest hunterheart

Hello *waves* haven't been here in awhile x_x

quick question - i have a dsi, bought it the first day it came out, and got the acekard 2 to come with it. i know there's anew update for the dsi, but i heard updating will make the acekard not recognizeable. what should i do? and sometimes my acekard freezes my games which it has never done before...

Sorry, you'll have to discuss/ask this somewhere else because we are no longer permitted to talk about illegal activities such as flash cards. However, I can say that when you buy the game, you won't experience any freezing.

I just got a dsi and the only game I got is drawn to life its kind of cute. I'm just wondering what kind of games should I get that are cute? People have been recommending Pokemon :P .. anything else??

Is sims 3 out on ds yet?

Ohhh if you like Drawn to Life, you might like Scribblenauts~ It's a really cute puzzle game. I always recommend Cooking Mama (or any of the Mama series) and Animal Crossing~

Pokemon is classic : )

I feel so girly. I'm addicted the the game Style Boutique. Basically you try to find outfits for customers walking in your store. You guess what they want by the personality, what they currently are wearing and the price range. They only have female clothes and the main character's a girl. You also have to go down to the "Exhibition" area to buy clothes for your store. I like the fact that it's a girly game and it's actually fun/smart. There seems to be a story too. Things are unlocked as you progress in the story. and I think it's real time - so clothes that are suitable for winter will appear during winter months.

I love Style Boutique.. even though I hate fashion in real life. I think it's the running a business aspect that I really like. I stopped playing once I got all the trophies though, I'm goal-oriented.. and there's no goals left. I don't really care about collection all the clothes lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 432521

do you guys have reviews on the acekard or the m3i zero? im not sure which one to buy =\

I don't think we are allowed to talk about those here. Google though it will tell you everything u need to know... gbatemp.net

Guest SoompiSnoopi

well a classic would be nintendogs

but i really like playing

Ateiler Annie: Alchemist of Sera Island on my dsi.

especially if you like anime. you build resorts, battle monsters,

make new items, etc. and there's a lot of missions as well .

its so fun. i also like Harvest Moon, Diner Dash

and Cooking Mama

mostly because you can play for a long time.

- :D I'm waiting for maple story DS to come out.

heard that its coming out in korea this month.

Guest hunterheart

well a classic would be nintendogs

but i really like playing

Ateiler Annie: Alchemist of Sera Island on my dsi.

especially if you like anime. you build resorts, battle monsters,

make new items, etc. and there's a lot of missions as well .

its so fun. i also like Harvest Moon, Diner Dash

and Cooking Mama

mostly because you can play for a long time.

- :D I'm waiting for maple story DS to come out.

heard that its coming out in korea this month.

There's a maple story DS? First RO and now Maplestory o_o wow~

Guest hungrycollegeboy

First time DS buyer and I landed with the DS Lite. Are there any good RPGs out there? I've currently got my eye on Infinite Space and Shin Megumi Tensei Strange Journey..

Guest srenity

First time DS buyer and I landed with the DS Lite. Are there any good RPGs out there? I've currently got my eye on Infinite Space and Shin Megumi Tensei Strange Journey..

If you like the challenging SMT: Strange Journey, you may want to try out Etrian Odyssey 2. It's the most difficult game I've ever played on the DS, not to mention the format is SUPER old school :P There's also Devil Survivor if you like the SMT series as well.

Squeenix always have good ones:

-Final Fantasy 4 (I thought this was better than 3)

-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series (Ring of Fates and Echoes of Time. Both fun for multiplayer)

-The World Ends With You

-Dragon Quest 5 (I thought it was better than 4)

-Chrono Trigger

For other RPGs I'd recommend:

-Zelda series (Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks)

-Super Robot Wars: Endless Frontier (I personally haven't played this but I heard it's good)

Enjoy!

Archived