Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

^well if you just bought it today then just go return it. problem solved.

Actually the policy for returning goods here in my country is quite different. You can't just return stuff especially if its in perfect condition.

Anyway, we went back to the store and thanks to my dad's persuasive skills, we got our money back.I think what also helped is there were also other customers returning the stuff that they bought from the sale...so we weren't the only once dissatisfied.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest srenity

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2010/11/09/even_more_japanese_okamiden_cute_swag

Ultra cute Okamiden swag. ...Only available in Japan :[

• 1 month later...
Guest sky__child

I was thinking of purchasing a DSi XL (never had a DS before), but should I wait until March 2011 for the 3DS to come out?

Does anyone know what the price of the 3DS will be (in US Dollars)? There shouldn't be too much of a price gap, the DSi XL is about $170 right now.

I'm late to the Nintendo DS lite, but I just got it about a week ago in metallic rose.

I can tell this is going to be addicting, reliving my earlier days with Mario Kart! :)

Guest lalal0ve

^ Haha awesome. My DS Lite is addicting I agree. The DS offers a lot of good games so it's all worth it haha <3 Mario Kart DS is awesome, it's fun to compete with your friends if they have DS consoles as well : )

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2010/11/09/even_more_japanese_okamiden_cute_swag

Ultra cute Okamiden swag. ...Only available in Japan :[

Eeeeee the slippers are so cute~~

----------------------------------

Hum hum, I finished Golden Sun as well as 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors.

Golden Sun = pretty disappointing IMO. It just didn't have that spark that the two previous games had : ( As well, it also felt really short even though I put about 20+ hours into the game haha. Meh. : (

As well, I hate that various areas are unreachable again after a certain point. I lost about 5 Djinn because I didn't realize that I couldn't go back LOL. -bitter-

The bosses in this game were pretty easy as well. I remember Doom Dragon in TLA took me a while to beat : |

999 was a pretty interesting game. I think the storyline was pretty cool~ I liked how everything ties up in the end haha. Though if you're the type to hate story type games, you might not like this game since dialogue takes up like 80% of the game lmfao.

The whole bit about Alice/All-ice was wtf. What was her point in the main plot? WHY IS SHE HITCH HIKING IN THE TRUE ENDING. WTH.

Some of the multiple endings/bad endings were awesome though, particularly the axe ending. Clover = bad-richard simmons.

And lol, I seriously didn't see the June = Zero bit coming. This game just screams I NEED A SEQUEL.

I'm currently playing Crafting Mama right now, but the European version. The voice dub for Mama is so lame...I need the Engrish version D: Also, I hate how a lot of the crafts have like 5 versions/variations so you have to go back and redo all damn 5 if you want to complete it thoroughly. -_-

Guest NO NAME?

95x4x4.jpg

Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS) Debut Trailer

Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation announced

Coming Valentine's Day, Feb 14, is the next Dragon Quest title for the DS. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation will debut on Nintendo's portable for the first time outside of Japan. Now you know what to get your role-playing sweetie.

Those that know their DQ history will tell you that this title dates all the way back to 1995, when it first came out for the Super Famicom. Now it has been updated for the DS, sporting new graphics and 15 character classes. Slimes can even join your party now.

http://www.destructoid.com/dragon-quest-vi-realms-of-revelation-announced-189993.phtml

:D

Guest AngelsWhisper

Kingdom Hearts: ReCoded coming in Jan 11, 2011 and Okaimiden looks so cute^^ And well I played KH in japanese cuz I'm impatient xD The battle system is similar to Birth By Sleep =] so that should be good news to ppl who don't own a psp

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lalal0ve

Nintendo 3DS lineup leaked

An extensive video preview of many of the initial lineup of 3DS titles. See which games look ready to ship out, and which ones still aren’t quite in ship-shape.

Sneakily captured by an attendee’s camera, we now have a look at the official 3DS lineup video that is gracing televisions around the Nintendo World 2011 event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YiEQTV0axw <<<<<<< SERIOUSLY WATCH THIS.

The lengthy video shows snippets of almost every known title so far, and includes the first-ever footage for many of these in-development titles (including Kingdom Hearts and Naruto). It also reaffirms the gorgeous visuals for first party titles like Paper Mario and Kid Icarus, while also showing some less-than-ideal visuals for some games that are still early in development (Gundam The 3D Battle, BlazBlue Continuum Shift II), or could still use some work (Dead or Alive Dimensions). A few others are clearly shovelware and should not be expected to improve at all. In any event, it’s a solid look at the beefy lineup of games, and also shows off several angles of the handheld itself. Yes, we know it looks sexy, and we all want it, so stop teasing us Nintendo.

Nintendogs

Steel Diver

Pro Evolution Soccer

SSFIV

Kingdom hearts 3D

Super Monkey Ball

BlazBlue

Resident Evil

Doctor Lautred

Shanghai 3D

Pro Baseball Famitsa

Combat of Giants

Dead or Alive

Bomberman

Raving Rabbids?

Tales of The Abyss Remake

Tom Clancy : Ghost Recon

Samurai Warriors Chronicle

Driver Renegade

Table Pen Sports

Paper Mario

StarFox 64 3D

Ocarina of Time 3D

Tetris

Resident Evil : Mercenaries

Racing Game

Cube Guy Game

Splinter Cell

Sudoku

One Piece Unlimited SP

Deca Sports 3D

Animal Resort

Gundam 3D Battle

Puzzle Bobble

Professor Layton

Asphalt 3D

Fish On

Class of Heroes

Naruto Shippuden

Sims 3

Ridge Racer 3D

Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater

Animal Crossing 3D

Pilotwings Resort

Mario Kart 3DS

Kid Icarus 3D

Source, Source 2

Guest NO NAME?

I recently got into Ace Attorney. Why didn't I start sooner? This series is fantastic. Speaking of AA, have you heard about Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective? It's by the same creator. I haven't bought the game yet, but it was just released yesterday, 1/11. Check out the trailer and demo.

2yova5y.jpg

9s4fio.jpg

Guest MsChaofan

I recently got into Ace Attorney. Why didn't I start sooner? This series is fantastic. Speaking of AA, have you heard about Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective? It's by the same creator. I haven't bought the game yet, but it was just released yesterday, 1/11. Check out the trailer and demo.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Just finished it. Unless you're pro, you are going to replay every puzzle several times. And time everything right. I liked the game, but when it took me an hour to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do on one puzzle frustrated me so much. 

Interesting story though. Didn't see that coming. 

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Ooh, really?  Same creator, huh.  I love the Ace Attorney series!  Definitely going to check it out!

Guest .tianmi.

Oh hay everyone,

I just got a DSi for Christmas... I've finally jumped onto the casual gaming wagon. Haha. Currently I have Cooking Mama 2, Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Pokemon Soul Silver (for memories sake!) and Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

I'm a big RPG player (namely Final Fantasy) so I'm just here to ask if you guys have any recommendations for good RPGs on the DS?? I'm thinking about getting FF4 since it's a fave of mine, I might have a go at Dragon Quest as that seems quite big and I've been demanded by various friends to buy Chrono Trigger lol. But yeah basically are there any good must have RPGs? What other games would you recommend?

Thanks in advance

Guest snowiiee

I'm playing Ghost Trick right now, but I dunno, I'm not that addicted unlike I was with the Ace Attorney series and 999. The game play is a bit confusing for me, it took me hrs to get through some stuff since I didn't know what exactly I need to do lol It's a good game nonetheless, but if you're expecting something like Ace Attorney stuff it's very different. I'm still waiting on the fifth Ace Attorney news, can't wait for the English version of the second Miles Edgeworth game though!

I recommend 999 if you like Ace Attorney and Hotel Dusk type of game. 999 is AMAZING, not perfect but very very amazing game.

Guest .tianmi.

The World Ends With You for sure. Add this to your list.

Ahh, I've seen that mentioned but never really thought about getting into it. :] Thanks for the recommendation, will definitely look into it!

Guest NO NAME?

3DS (NA) | $249.99 | 2011/03/27 | Aqua Blue + Cosmo Black

Source: Nintendo Everything

Not a day one purchase for me, but I'll get one eventually after more titles are released. Plus, I really want the purple system which was displayed at E3 2010.

Archived