(updated!)avex 2009 Audition Experiences

Guest a_dreamer143

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KatArashi05
Yea, me too, if I'm too nervous I can't sing as well...did u tell the judges what song you're gonna sing or did u just give the CD to the guy & start? (or maybe that was the 1 other thing the judges asked that u couldn't remember? lol)

Oh & were the judges Japanese (like from Japan w/a Japanese accent) or Japanese-American or...?

I just gave the CD to the guy and started lol They didn't ask me for the song's name anyway. Only one female judge was speaking to me. She was fluent in English and I didn't hear any accents. They looked like Japanese though. I don't know about the other two judges. I think the female judge who spoke to me was the only one who knew English well and it's probably why the other two judges didn't speak to me?

Guest fantasiimaker

I went today =) My audition was scheduled for 6:30, but I got there about an hour early, haha.

There were a few people waiting there, maybe 5 or 6, mostly girls, and they seemed kind of nervous.

The basic process beore the audition was the same as people said above, with the picture taking, name tag, etc.

I went to practice outside for a bit before my turn, and I heard a few other people practicing singing as well =D

Umm.. was a little nervous before I went in the room. They asked me to say name, age, etc, to the camera.. er.. I forgot to say the number on my nametag =[ and they told me to say it lol.

I performed an original song, "Shiawase", with guitar. And then the judges asked a lot of questions afterward. I spoke Japanese the entire time.

Good luck everyone~ don't be nervous =)

Did anyone find the Oakland location kinda... XD but it was a cool place haha. Plus there were other bands using other recording studios/rooms while the audition was going on!

I just gave the CD to the guy and started lol They didn't ask me for the song's name anyway. Only one female judge was speaking to me. She was fluent in English and I didn't hear any accents. They looked like Japanese though. I don't know about the other two judges. I think the female judge who spoke to me was the only one who knew English well and it's probably why the other two judges didn't speak to me?

Yea maybe she was the only one who knew English well. Ok, last question, I swear!

(silly question but) Did u wear a coat & bring a bag, & if u did, did u bring them in w/ u when u auditioned? & then what, just put them down on the floor? O_o

Thanks for answering all my q's^^

Guest flyaway.

^^ I think both of the females judges were fluent in English.

Cus both of them asked me questions and it didn't seem like they had an accent.

For the people wondering about the introduction...

We just had to tell them our name, number and age.

I introduced myself in English simply because I don't know enough Japanese.

Erm. And I didn't introduce my song. lol. I just started singing.

Btw, I also wore a beanie there... and they told me to take it off after I sang my song (I guess to get a better look at me).

aki666; I brought in a bag and I just put it down on a chair.

So yes, there is a place to put your things.

Guest a_dreamer143
^^ I think both of the females judges were fluent in English.

Cus both of them asked me questions and it didn't seem like they had an accent.

For the people wondering about the introduction...

We just had to tell them our name, number and age.

I introduced myself in English simply because I don't know enough Japanese.

Erm. And I didn't introduce my song. lol. I just started singing.

aki666; I brought in a bag and I just put it down on a chair.

So yes, there is a place to put your things.

Btw, I also wore a beanie there... and they told me to take it off after I sang my song (I guess to get a better look at me).

wow i havent seen any1 posted about dancing..why is this?!lol

Guest KatArashi05
Yea maybe she was the only one who knew English well. Ok, last question, I swear!

(silly question but) Did u wear a coat & bring a bag, & if u did, did u bring them in w/ u when u auditioned? & then what, just put them down on the floor? O_o

Thanks for answering all my q's^^

hahaha no problem =) I worried about the same thing you did like "where am I going to put my purse down or who's going to watch my purse?" haha When I entered the room, there was a little loft area behind the sofa that the judges were sitting on and there was a chair. I just put my stuff down on that chair lol

`ANITA: Oh yeah the number! That was the one thing the judges asked and I couldn't recall lol When they asked me, I had to look down at my number since I didn't know what number I was (moded). I just started singing too hahaha because the song started playing suddenly after I finished introducing myself.

I went today =) My audition was scheduled for 6:30, but I got there about an hour early, haha.

There were a few people waiting there, maybe 5 or 6, mostly girls, and they seemed kind of nervous.

The basic process beore the audition was the same as people said above, with the picture taking, name tag, etc.

I went to practice outside for a bit before my turn, and I heard a few other people practicing singing as well =D

Umm.. was a little nervous before I went in the room. They asked me to say name, age, etc, to the camera.. er.. I forgot to say the number on my nametag =[ and they told me to say it lol.

I performed an original song, "Shiawase", with guitar. And then the judges asked a lot of questions afterward. I spoke Japanese the entire time.

Good luck everyone~ don't be nervous =)

Did anyone find the Oakland location kinda... XD but it was a cool place haha. Plus there were other bands using other recording studios/rooms while the audition was going on!

Oooh just saw your youtube videos, wow O_O I like ur music!! & Shiawase's sad...I bet u did great. I'm learning guitar but I can't play it well enough to accompany my singing ><

U said u spoke Japanese the entire time, so did the judges ask u in Eng first if u could speak Japanese? & r u Japanese? U speak it really well. & did u have a second talent? こんなにたくさん質問があってごめんなさい^^;

Guest fantasiimaker

aki666 - ううん、いいですよ=) At first they spoke English to me, like saying "Hello" when I came in the audition room, so I think they assume most people speak English first. I asked if I could speak Japanese for the introduction, and then after singing, I just continued speaking Japanese for the questions. Thanks =) I'm not Japanese. And they didn't ask for a second talent. I was doing a mixture of singer-musician-composer.. I think.

I feel like most people probably just go in and do their thing and leave.. but if you want to showcase something else, you could ask (like "May I perform __ too?") Although, the auditions seemed to be on a pretty tight schedule, with one person every 5-10 min, so they may not have time to see a second talent. When I came out, they said they were now 20 min behind schedule..

fantasiimaker: あなたの声はすごいですね。ギターといしょうに歌うで、ポイントアプになるでしょう。そして、日本語の歌詞をかけるて、すごい

(=^0^=)!!

Guest flyaway.

^^ Eh? So you didn't sing the whole song?

T_T I sort of wish that I could have stopped at the chorus... since I messed my ending up.

But yes, nerves do get the best of us.

And wow, there's only 109 people for SF?

That's... very little. Not that I'm complaining.

Guest dangdut_asik
^^ Eh? So you didn't sing the whole song?

T_T I sort of wish that I could have stopped at the chorus... since I messed my ending up.

But yes, nerves do get the best of us.

yeah I didn't sing the whole song.. the guy at the front told me to just sing until the chorus part and when I went to the room, the camera man told me the same thing in front of the judges. yeah.... hate being nervous... booooooo!!!!!

Guest xquizitmarss

Aww sounds like fun I didnt even get accept to the LA audition... I guess i'm ugly lol! Or I don't fit the japanese image idk

Guest x3thecarrots
wow so no full song then O.O im sorta happy now

Untitled-1.jpg

did 1 guy with the judges look like this lmfao

I sang a full song... :/

Nah, I think the guy looked kinda different.

Oh yeah, while I singing I was staring at the camera/straight ahead....instead of at the judges, is that alright?

Guest skyerise
wow so no full song then O.O im sorta happy now

Untitled-1.jpg

did 1 guy with the judges look like this lmfao

Lolz! Hahahahahahahahahahaha! I hope he didn't look like that! That is Matsuura Sensei. He is the CEO of Avex. I doubt that he came all the way to America because the winners will go to Japan to audition in front of him. So there is no reason for him to come here, if the are taking winners there to him. lolz. That is funny. If he is indeed a judge hear in America, that is A WHOLE LOT of reason to be nervous.

Guest a_dreamer143

ahhh so LA has a looot of people then :D

im scared my CD wont work when i get there and if it doeant i cannot audition fo rdancing lol

Lolz! Hahahahahahahahahahaha! I hope he didn't look like that! That is Matsuura Sensei. He is the CEO of Avex. I doubt that he came all the way to America because the winners will go to Japan to audition in front of him. So there is no reason for him to come here, if the are taking winners there to him. lolz. That is funny. If he is indeed a judge hear in America, that is A WHOLE LOT of reason to be nervous.

xDD

man im still waiting for my confirmation email, they take so long to reply back, and they havent answer any of my question, i dun wanna buy a plan ticket and not sure if i got confirmed or not

Archived