(updated!)avex 2009 Audition Experiences

Guest a_dreamer143

Guest a_dreamer143

a_dreamer143; Haha. Nope, there weren't any other people at the audition place when I got there.

I only saw workers. But I did see two girls standing in the lobby after I was done auditioning.

ohhh i wonder if they will let people audition for 2 things mm..

btw good luck!!

@EWIX i think my solution would work but juz in case email them to make sure :D

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a_dreamer143; Haha. Nope, there weren't any other people at the audition place when I got there.

I only saw workers. But I did see two girls standing in the lobby after I was done auditioning.

ohhh i wonder if they will let people audition for 2 things mm..

btw good luck!!

@EWIX i think my solution would work but juz in case email them to make sure :D

:D alright i just emailed them, tthey havent reply back my certification email tho ;[

and on the email it says you could perform 2 talents

it says if you have 2 talents put the best one first second one second

ewix; Haha. It's alright.

Yeah, I sang the whole song. o.o

o man i dont want to sing a full song, my throat get tired after i get to the second part

Guest a_dreamer143
:D alright i just emailed them, tthey havent reply back my certification email tho ;[

and on the email it says you could perform 2 talents

it says if you have 2 talents put the best one first second one second

they said jus in case prepare for it so itd not fo sure lol

they said jus in case prepare for it so itd not fo sure lol

o.o why would they say just incase i dont want to prepare my routine and not do it T.T

btw u sang 2 song? anita

Guest a_dreamer143
o.o why would they say just incase i dont want to prepare my routine and not do it T.T

btw u sang 2 song? anita

lol yea so we dunno we juz gotta see :]

Haha it was ....I was more nervous in this one than SM

buuuut, the guy took a picture of me with a black curtain behind

then I went to the audition room,

The judges can speak Japanese, English, and Chinese

The lady was really nice, she kept smiling at me x)

I was going to model and sing but as I sang My Heart Will Go On, my voice wasn't going well especially when flem was in the way [i was sick] :(

so I kept doing the ;cough; to clear my throat but gave up when it wouldn't go away and the lady was like "It's okay, we understand ^^"

And so I just stood there ? while they looked through something and she asked my questions like Anita`'s and wrote it down somewhere.

For people who auditioned to model, did they keep your portfolio and did you walk or do a pose ?

Because I didn't do anything except when they asked me to sing a Japanese song I knew >O<

Questions :

What is m y background

Where are my parents from

what languages I can speak

Did I have vocal training

Can I dance

Do I know a japanese song

do you listen to jpop

How do I know japanese

that's all i can remember D:

Blah. I guess I'm first to share.

I just got back and let's just say... it didn't go too well.

At the moment, I am quite angry at myself.

First of all, I had trouble finding the place? lol.

I mean, I wrote down the directions beforehand, but I kept on driving around and around and I couldn't find it.

I finally went to a nearby Library to ask where it was.

Erm. Yeah. The place was SO hard to find (or maybe I'm just stupid).

I kept going over the bridge... but it turned out that there was this little tiny road on the side that I had to go into.

It's hard to explain.

Anyways, I got there 15-ish minutes late. I was so worried because I thought I had to be there at 3PM sharp.

But it turned out that it didn't really even matter. I just had to sign in and stuff.

(When I got there, there weren't any other auditionees.)

Then, this one guy took two pictures of me in the lobby and took me into the audition room.

There was a stage and some equipment (mic and Idk what else).

The 3 judges (2 female and 1 male) sat on a sofa while I went up, introduced myself and sang.

ERMM. I sort of messed up a part of my lyrics. I stopped for a second.

And near the end... my voice went really wacky (I'm not lying either). It's my nerves, I tell you. I was shaking up there.

I know I could have done better because I was originally planning to go over the song before auditioning, but since I was late, I didn't get to.

After I was done singing, I was about to leave; but they told me they weren't done yet.

They asked me a few questions (I guess it's standard)... like...

- Where my parents were from.

- What languages I knew.

- If I had vocal training.

- If I had dance training.

- If I liked Boa. LOL. (I think that's mainly because I sang a Boa song.) And what I thought of her new song, "Eat You Up."

OH and she said my Japanese pronunciation was really good (that lifted my spirits up a bit). =)

ERG, aside from that, it didn't go as well as I expected.

But hey! At least the judges were nice (and they smile to you)! I really liked them.

*cough*UnliketheSMjudges.*cough*

And although I'm pretty sure I won't get chosen, at least I tried right?

Wow, that was long. o.o I wonder who read through that.

Anyways, I can't wait to hear other experiences. =)

I hope they're better than mine.

Wow thanks for sharing!! It's great the judges seemed nice, maybe u did better than u think?? They'll know that all the auditionees r gonna be nervous so they should be understanding (@ least I hope they'll be, esp since I'm auditioning in LA lol). Hehe funny u mentioned the camera man when u said 4 ppl watched ur performance. I thought we'd be auditioning w/other ppl, but in a way it's good if it's one by one. Just some questions:

-did they ask u for a second talent?

-did they have ur info that u e-mailed, & then asked u stuff about that?

-how long was your self-intro & did u say it in Japanese or English?

Sorry about all the questions ^^;

I was going to model and sing but as I sang My Heart Will Go On, my voice wasn't going well especially when flem was in the way [i was sick] :(

so I kept doing the ;cough; to clear my throat but gave up when it wouldn't go away and the lady was like "It's okay, we understand ^^"

And so I just stood there ? while they looked through something and she asked my questions like Anita`'s and wrote it down somewhere.

For people who auditioned to model, did they keep your portfolio and did you walk or do a pose ?

Because I didn't do anything except when they asked me to sing a Japanese song I knew >O<

Questions :

What is m y background

Can I dance

do you listen to jpop

How do I know japanese

Thanks for sharing too :) Was urs by yourself, like Anita's? About how long did u wait b4 u could audition, & about how long in total was the whole thing (the wait, the audition & the questions)? Oh & did u sing w/an instrumental?

Sorry about all the questions too lol

Guest xVKN408x

how sad...

so from what i read so far...

not many people went to the auditions? O_O;;;

strange... avex is very well known lol

i mean sm auds were packed with people =P for the one that i went to atleast [06]

well thanks for the feedback

Guest a_dreamer143

Questions :

What is m y background

Can I dance

do you listen to jpop

How do I know japanese

aww hope u get better soon!!

oo so does this mean we are allowed to do 2? hehe cuz i wana do dancing and modeling :] any advice?like wat to bring and stuff :D

well i calculated only 330 ppl r chosen for the audition, and we can expect that alot of ppl arent going due to the fact its too far, and sm only had alot bcuz u didnt have to get accepted you can just go

I didn't wait at all x)

Hahaa i'm not sure how long it was but the camera guy told my mom "Wow, she's been in there for a long time , must be a good sign! since the others left quickly" Or something along those lines.

I only sang acapella with a microphone

if your going to model, bring a portfolio, if you don't have one, just print pictures of yourself and put it in a folder for them to see.

Because once I came in, they asked me for a portfolio, thank god I had one

If I didn't, it'd be ...

Lady: Portfolio please

Me : Um...uh..I don't have one .

So yep :P

edit: Yes you're allowed to do more than one :)

I didn't wait at all x)

Hahaa i'm not sure how long it was but the camera guy told my mom "Wow, she's been in there for a long time , must be a good sign! since the others left quickly" Or something along those lines.

I only sang acapella with a microphone

if your going to model, bring a portfolio, if you don't have one, just print pictures of yourself and put it in a folder for them to see.

Because once I came in, they asked me for a portfolio, thank god I had one

If I didn't, it'd be ...

Lady: Portfolio please

Me : Um...uh..I don't have one .

So yep :P

edit: Yes you're allowed to do more than one :)

haha sounds good ;] thanks for the info

Archived