Sm Weekly U.s. Auditions?

Guest xkylieluvsyoux

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sjbbsdancex3

There're 3 rounds right?

If so, does anyone know what we have to do in the 2nd and 3rd?

1st round:

either a mail audition, email audition, or a weekly(walk-in) audition

you're given a month of waiting time, usually a few weeks longer,

if you're contacted by mail or phone, you're given a second opportunity

if not, you didn't make it

second round:

someone i knew went to the second round and she told me her experience

it was right after the NYC '08 global auditions

you have to sing songs in a few different languages (english, a second language if you have one, and attempt on in korean)

you dance privately for 30 seconds-1 minute

and they take pictures of your profile, your face, and your body to see if you're an ideal entertainer

third round:

you are privately contacted. it's rumored that sometimes you audition privately in front of LSM

but then some times you have a private audition such as a private gathered event with all of the other auditionees that have gotten through the first two rounds. you're faced infront of a panel of judges from SM

if you're chosen at the end, congratss

Guest loveme.

^

Thanks so much! :D

I've only thought about the first round...not the second or third. But now the second seems hard because I can't dance for beans. Hahaha. And it's private, too! I'm nervous...

I wish there was some way to...avoid that dancing part. But there's not, and I guess I have to oil my stiff joints. Hahaha. :)

Also, is it true that they're looking for a new addition for the new SM girl group that's going to come out? I read that somewhere, but...they already have a lot of famous female trainees...

Guest cityincolors

Ahhh yeah I wanted to audition over winter break since I live about 30 minutes from LA, but ended up not having time to =[!

So sad XD

But next time! or perhaps if the global auditions come first =]

If you're interested, please check out my singing/covers of DBSK, SUJU, and more at www.youtube.com/cityincolors !~

Guest sjbbsdancex3

Ahhh yeah I wanted to audition over winter break since I live about 30 minutes from LA, but ended up not having time to =[!

So sad XD

But next time! or perhaps if the global auditions come first =]

If you're interested, please check out my singing/covers of DBSK, SUJU, and more at www.youtube.com/cityincolors !~

i listened to your videos

your voice is actually pretty good!

watch out for your vibrato though, sometimes its a little rough

and make sure to watch out for when you reach the higher notes

i listened to hug and the one i love by sjkry

your voice sounded very nice, i suggest doing ballads

but one thing i noticed, since the song first started out with kyuhyun then went to ryeowook

it sounded more like you were trying to imitate their voices, cause you had a deep, soothing voice for kyuhyun's part

but then for ryeowook, it sounded like you were trying to sing higher to match his singing style

when auditioning for SM, they're not interested in how well you match their other artists' voices

they're interested in individuality and unique qualities

keep practicing and try to find a unique voice of your own~

you have a really good voice,

i think it would also be beneficial to put pictures of yourself up, theres another topic for that

goodluck!

Guest aznhoneychik

Srry silent reader!! heheh.. but I think the Disturbia is played because they want to give you a challenge? Its hard but they probably want to test what you got in a difficult situation. I don't just thought about it and wanted to say my input.

Guest sjbbsdancex3

Srry silent reader!! heheh.. but I think the Disturbia is played because they want to give you a challenge? Its hard but they probably want to test what you got in a difficult situation. I don't just thought about it and wanted to say my input.

when i auditioned, low was played for me

they would most likely play new songs for this year

how is disturbia a challenge?

Guest chunara

they played Disturbia for me and i went last week. it was a bit of a challenge cuz it's not exactly a "dance" song >.<

• 2 months later...
Guest juicycouturex33x

thats gooddd

but are thehy going to put somewhere to hold open auditions somewhere in NY?

cause NY is more highly populated and has more asians!

ill suggest it to them

YAY!

well actually california has way more koreans. sooo that's why they're probably picking that. and boA is trying to debut there as well.

you guys obviously worry too much *coughs*i do too*

but i know the entertainment business since my aunt works at KBS with the entertainers and sets everything up

u guysssss!

LISTEN SM is going to decide if they want u to debut here or in korea or china.

now, the reason is that why would they train all of the ppl here for a company no one knows about [americans]

he decides what to do with you.

yoona was even suppost to debut as a actress...he changed his mind

it's a matter of luck the entertainment business

40 percent talent 10 percent hard working and 50 percent pure luck

they played Disturbia for me and i went last week. it was a bit of a challenge cuz it's not exactly a "dance" song >.<

wait um soo do u have to stay untill 5 pm?

and do u need to bring a cd? or no?

PLEASE reply. i need to know this info.

same here.

im wondering if they've seen and reviewed mine yet..

im sure there are TONS of e-mails in there inbox. and takes a while to review

you know?? blah.

the wait is killing me.. >.<

ahah :D

when did you send yours in?

so did u send multiple emails for the same audition?

cause my google thing wont let me send more than the limit. how did u do it?

and when did u get ur automated email?

Guest klio_09

well a minute to dance isn't very long...if thats accurate then thats a total relief...it depends what mood I'm in as to whether I can freestyle well or not...never had a dance lesson in my life but I've naturally got rthym and I think it helps just watching street dancers and backing dancers...you some how end up doing similar moves without conciously doing it....its the 1st round that I'd be nervous of anyway.

they dont need to look for the NEXT BoA

they have her already..

ZHANG LI YIN!!

but sadly..

sm doesnt promote her as much..

D:

actually Boa is in america and Zhang Li Yin is in korea/china preparing her next album :)

you can't compare those two girls... they're family.

actually it's kind of easy to dance to xD

someone in my audition group was asked to stay back after dancing to the song (disturbia) that the judges played on their stereo.

it looked quite easy for him ^^;;

he was popping accordingly to the "bum-bum-be-dum" etc :)

sometimes it might seem hard, but everybody can dance, hehe x3 try looking for the beat~

well actually california has way more koreans. sooo that's why they're probably picking that. and boA is trying to debut there as well.

you guys obviously worry too much *coughs*i do too*

but i know the entertainment business since my aunt works at KBS with the entertainers and sets everything up

u guysssss!

LISTEN SM is going to decide if they want u to debut here or in korea or china.

now, the reason is that why would they train all of the ppl here for a company no one knows about [americans]

he decides what to do with you.

yoona was even suppost to debut as a actress...he changed his mind

it's a matter of luck the entertainment business

40 percent talent 10 percent hard working and 50 percent pure luck

wait um soo do u have to stay untill 5 pm?

and do u need to bring a cd? or no?

PLEASE reply. i need to know this info.

so did u send multiple emails for the same audition?

cause my google thing wont let me send more than the limit. how did u do it?

and when did u get ur automated email?

i walked in for the audition LIVE last year...

you don't have to stay until 5pm. you have to stay until 10:00 pm. lol. i'm serious! lol... last time i was there i stayed until 10:00pm. and guess what... i was T397 and there were about 500 auditioners... lol. imagine how long it went on after that xD

and there were people that auditioned for dancing in my group.

they didn't bring CDs, they just danced to the song the judges played on their boom-box x)

i didn't send emails to audition, sorry :(

Guest juicycouturex33x

i walked in for the audition LIVE last year...

you don't have to stay until 5pm. you have to stay until 10:00 pm. lol. i'm serious! lol... last time i was there i stayed until 10:00pm. and guess what... i was T397 and there were about 500 auditioners... lol. imagine how long it went on after that xD

and there were people that auditioned for dancing in my group.

they didn't bring CDs, they just danced to the song the judges played on their boom-box x)

i didn't send emails to audition, sorry :(

Guest lovetosing43

Good luck to all that try out ^^ or tried out

I sent an email audition but after reading what everyone said about automatic msgs, I don't think I will get accepted >_<;

Guest clover_ct

hey does anybody know if the weekly auditions in la is still going on?

i really wanna try out for it, but i jsut wanna know if its still there cuz i dont wanna drive all the way there then end up finding out that they closed

Guest lovetosing43

the website never said when they would stop auditioning..

so I'm assuming it's still open to those who still want to audition

Guest happy619

from what i hear, there isn't a great number of people auditioning at the sm weekly. Global is like once a year and so many people attent but when they have it every week, there arnt that many. thats weird

Guest jasoismynameo

yeah, there was only 10 people when I auditioned.. :/

haha if i lived in LA i'd be there once every month :P

Guest dbskatiehero

from what i hear, there isn't a great number of people auditioning at the sm weekly. Global is like once a year and so many people attent but when they have it every week, there arnt that many. thats weird

i would go to weekly if i don't live so far away:[

ill probably audition every weekend until i make it! HAHA JKJKJK!

Guest joong33

A great number of people audition at the global auditions b/c it travels to different areas of the U.S. (&& Canada)

But since SM auditions are located in LA, and LA only, no one will go to them b/c it's too far.

I mean honestly, what New Yorker would travel ALL the way to LA just to audition?

DANG IT!! I Wanna go to an audition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest hopelessromantic03

1st round:

either a mail audition, email audition, or a weekly(walk-in) audition

you're given a month of waiting time, usually a few weeks longer,

if you're contacted by mail or phone, you're given a second opportunity

if not, you didn't make it

second round:

someone i knew went to the second round and she told me her experience

it was right after the NYC '08 global auditions

you have to sing songs in a few different languages (english, a second language if you have one, and attempt on in korean)

you dance privately for 30 seconds-1 minute

and they take pictures of your profile, your face, and your body to see if you're an ideal entertainer

third round:

you are privately contacted. it's rumored that sometimes you audition privately in front of LSM

but then some times you have a private audition such as a private gathered event with all of the other auditionees that have gotten through the first two rounds. you're faced infront of a panel of judges from SM

if you're chosen at the end, congratss

1.actually i was planning on sending in a video of myself singing two songs, one in english and one in a different language (because they say if you have specialties send a video of that too and i can speak another language), can i sing the song again? the one in another language.

2. i FAIL at dancing... as in its not that i have two left feet but i have zero knowledge on how to choreograph dance

3. if your face and body is not ideal will they still consider you? just like send you for plastic or something?

4. so in the end, you dun just become a trainee after the second round? still have to get through LSM then you can become a trainee?

Archived